• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Ri'Orius

I'm interested, but still not sold on this game. Does anyone know if it'll be available at a Redbox or something so I can try it out? I wasn't in the beta (was it PSN+ only? Or am I just an idiot for missing my chance?)

Okay, all in now... just pre-ordered on PSN.

I'm interested, but still not sold on this game. Does anyone know if it'll be available at a Redbox or something so I can try it out? I wasn't in the beta (was it PSN+ only? Or am I just an idiot for missing my chance?)
Not going to be at Redbox, sorry. ):

First week was PS+ and Vita only, after that it became open for everyone.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
PSY・S;44424733 said:
I wonder who Kat's minion will be.

Raven, I hope.

Edited: added the list here.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Scrafty Cup!*

Rules:
Games will be played with two teams of two players. The game mode will be first to five kill limit, and for the purpose of this tournament all items and stage hazards will be turned on. Once entry has closed on the 19th, matchups will be chosen at random. The bracket is single-elimination, so once you're out; you're out. Games will be played in a Best of 3 format, and photo proof of a team's victory (scoreboard) must be sent to the judge before said victory becomes official. Doctoring or editing of photos is strictly illegal, and will be punishable by disqualification. The time and date of your match must be agreed upon with your teammate and your oponnent beforehand so that the judge is aware of when the match will take place. Winner gets a cool thing!

2 vs 2 Teams
Time-is-Obsolete - Man-is-Obsolete (Man-is-Obsolete) and TimeEffect
ScraftyDesmond - Desmond and ScraftyDevil (emeraldphoenix7)
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
Då Vikings's - Drencrom (Drencrom) and Napalm_frank (NapalmFrank)
BaHeathMut - Bahamut_24(maxbahamut24) and IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
Toronto Bros. - AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Artful Dodgers - Tagg9 (Tagg7) and Tagg9's sister (SlyHobbes)
RazOr Chamber - Chamber (Novuscaine) and RazOmari (Knot-Locks)
Itchypads - Mik_Pad (mik_pad) and Kouichi
Figmuncher - Jawmuncher and FigBoy79 (Figboy)
Explosive Duo - Zephyrus (GoncaloPacheco) and B.O.O.M (rathne)
Gunny Balboa - Gunstarhero and KalBalboa
TribalSponge - Sponge and tribal24
We Don't Use Dumb Names - Noi (Noisama) and The Grim Heaper (TheGrimHeaper)
Psyborg- PSY・S (SuP3RiViAIN) and cyborg009
DigiTron - DigitalOp and Vysetron (Chuftbot)
Unclenching Kings - Snapshot King (SnapshotKing) and uncleniccius (uncleniccius)
???? - Tricky I Shadow and Oyashrio-Sama (FFVIIguy)
The Baked Knights - BakedPony (BakedPony1) and batmandarkknight (Macky_Tung)
Parappin' Believers - Tsunamo (JayTooCool) and FMTownsMarteh (NoR4U_)
InFamous Rising - Spindasher (Mrp7792-X) and Spindasher's Brother (JetsRap94).

Looking for Partner
Lord Phol (LordPhol)
Baekshi (Sharingan_Itachi)
giancarlo123x
Dreweyes
SteeloDMZ
Quick
krpiper
Thedarkstark

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm super pumped. It's so close! I pre-ordered on PSN, but I have to work Tuesday. My plan is to stay up until midnight, download the PS3 version, wake up a few hours later, run the PS3 version, do whatever I need to to get the Vita version, and hopefully have it all installed on my Vita and ready to go before I leave for work at 7am. I'll be playing through SP on the bus ride to work, and plaything sporadically throughout my work day.

Spinluck

Alright, I will add you in moment.

Name the games that have duel psn log in? I can't even recalled any games that are allowed us to use that option.

Team Name please?

Uncharted 3, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, Littlebigplanet 1-2, Scott Pilgram, Borderlands 2, and maybe some I may be forgetting. Quite a lot of games have been trying it recently, and if you couldn't do duel sign in, you could at least access the save files on another account on the same PS3. It's just very useful for local MP, and tracking your progress as a group instead of a single account. Whatever though, I will probably forget it when I'm busy havin' fun with the game next Tuesday. Lol.

Sorry bout leaving out the team name.

Hmmm... InFamous Rising

I'll let you guys figure out the team who we'll be using. >:-3

Littlebigplanet 1+2, Uncharted 3, Resistance 2+3, Starhawk and Motorstorm Apocalypse are the ones that i know about. I'll definitely join SpinDasher in pestering Superbot about it. I'm going to play with my nephew a lot and without dual log in, one of us will have to forfeit his character progress and use of unlockables while playing together. A title like PSASBR that will have a strong emphasis on couch multiplayer, should definitely support this option.

Regarding the tourney, i'd gladly join it, but i'm getting my game from the UK and it will take about a week to arrive. With a friday UK release date delivery might even slip to monday, the 3rd of december, unless they send it out early. >.<

Yeah, as much as I'll be enjoying this game, it'll suck going online with my brother and only unlocking things on my file instead of both our files. Or even if my friends visit or I visit them, it'll be the same deal.

My guess is that unlocks aren't synced to the server? Idk. But thank you for joining my mini protest! Lol.

Not raggin' on the game or Superbot, I think they did an awesome job for the most part.

Ran rp

Raven, probably.

Raven, I hope.

Since Dusty might be with her at all times, it'll probably be Raven or Syd.

Dog from Dog's Life.

Creepy old dude that sucks her off?

Yeah, it'll probably be Raven or Syd. I'd go with Syd since he seems like a better cheerleader for Kat. The Creator is a possibility but he's probably not the best choice.

BTW Seth still refuses to comment on Kats and Emmetts rivals so I fully expect that they will be 2 3rd party ones released at the same time and propably not for free. Perfect marketing of the DLC too since you'd get to fight them in arcade mode.

Ryu and Connor.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
BTW Seth still refuses to comment on Kats and Emmetts rivals so I fully expect that they will be 2 3rd party ones released at the same time and propably not for free. Perfect marketing of the DLC too since you'd get to fight them in arcade mode.

Ryu and Connor.

Almost same, but I put down Ryu and Assassin's Creed.

IT can be anyone.

thuway

Ryu and Connor.

I hope the game sells well enough so we can see Cloud '_'.

ill take this if no ones takin it already

ibyPBSFvAg3zoW.png

Spinluck

Lightning and Connor.

FIXED!!

Connor vs Emmitt= The primitive tribal warrior (well primitive in Emmitt's eyes), against the man- or warrior of the future, a man of technology.

Kat vs Lightning= Another Japan match up, this game needs a good Kat cat fight, and it'd be a really really good girl vs. girl match up.

Wishful thinking on my part, but I haves faith.

I'm in a quandary right now: Buy the game on PSN and not have the physical disc and go through the likelihood of server issues that stall downloading at 12:01 EST OR buy the game this weekend at my local store and pay a few dollars more but then not get the extra costumes and lastly, wait all the way until Tuesday afternoon to get the game at Gamestop.

i had the same problem. but when i took a look at the preorder dlc, nothing excited me at all. I like Dante's main costume. His naked alt is pretty boss- no homo. Cole's main is ehh. But the alt color is the yellow one and the unlockable one is the jacket one- which are both what i want.

So yeah, no need to get it on PSN for me. Hehe. :p

FIXED!!

Connor vs Emmitt= The primitive tribal warrior (well primitive in Emmitt's eyes), against the man- or warrior of the future, a man of technology.

Kat vs Lightning= Another Japan match up, this game needs a good Kat cat fight, and it'd be a really really good girl vs. girl match up.

Wishful thinking on my part, but I haves faith.

seems possible. :p

Ryu and Connor.

Yup, and that'd be a great idea IMO.

Seiko from Corpse Party should be DLC and be Kats rival. In the rival cutscene they would make out and butter each others poopers real good.

Ryce

No Chimera or Nathan Hale
In a way, Resistance is to PlayStation All-Stars as Animal Crossing is to Smash Bros. -- it's a major Sony franchise, but it doesn't have any unique characters worth adding to a fighting game. You can tell that SuperBot regards it as an important property, though; there's a Reistance stage, a Resistance mash-up in another stage, a Resistance item, and a bunch of Resistance profile icons. It's as well-represented as it possibly could be without having a playable character. SuperBot made a conscious decision to forgo a fighter from this series, and I don't believe the prospect of downloadable content will make them rethink this.

No Wander or Ico
Team Ico regards their games as works of art, and they don't want their characters appearing in a frantic beat 'em up. DLC isn't going to change this line of thinking.

No Snake
If SuperBot could have gotten Snake, he'd have appeared on the disc instead of Raiden. I'd be willing to bet that Kojima Productions has a gentleman's agreement with Sakurai regarding this.

No Crash or Spyro
Activision's a big, stingy corporation, and they don't want anything to do with an unproven game from an unproven studio. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Activision has ever licensed one of their characters out to an unaffiliated development team. They're absurdly self-contained.

--

With all of that said, I would be VERY surprised if we see any additional downloadable characters outside of the following:

Robbit
Dart
Joel & Ellie (Joel by himself seems way too similar to Drake to be included, but having Ellie following him at all times could provide for a unique gameplay mechanic)

Ryu Hayabusa
Lightning
Connor Kenway
Scorpion
Cloud
Lara Croft
Kazuma Kiryu
Abe
Isaac Clarke

can someone link/pm me the compilation of all the unlockable outfits? cant seem to find it. :(

someone posted it here before. :( anyone? it was made in ms paint i think. haha

SuperBot made a conscious decision to forgo a fighter from this series, and I don't believe the prospect of downloadable content will make them rethink this.

My theory is that it's possible Insomniac themselves said to not use Resistance character cause they know better than that. In one of the oldest interviews Omar said some developers gave advice how to implement the IPs.

They'd know people wanted Ratchet and Resistance rep propably would block someone else that players would want more.

I was one of the strongest supporters of this game, but I'm slightly disappointed in the single player now.

Arcade with photo panel openings and endings (with a one minute "real" rival cutscene in-between) and no true story mode?

Mortal Kombat (I know, very different game) had the same panel endings, but a fully fledged (with tons of cutscenes) story mode.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl had that giant adventure mode too.

I understand this is the first game in a possible series, but as a generally single player only person, I'm a little bummed.

I refuse to believe Wander can't be in this game. I cant believe that developers have their boss's by the balls like that. It pretty much gives me this image:

Sony: Yo guys, can Superbot use Wander for their game?
ICO: No
Sony: Lol kk, btw how is The Last Guardian?
ICO: iunno
Sony: kthxbai

SmithnCo

PSY&#12539;S;44426479 said:
The Wonderbook should be a stage, hahaha.

I'm very serious.

Stage hazard is a woman in the background who fails to cast spells.

Also why isn't Jeremy in this game, I think he did a good enough job to be in.

I was one of the strongest supporters of this game, but I'm slightly disappointed in the single player now.

Arcade with photo panel openings and endings (with a one minute "real" rival cutscene in-between) and no true story mode?

Mortal Kombat (I know, very different game) had the same panel endings, but a fully fledged (with tons of cutscenes) story mode.

I understand this is the first game in a possible series, but as a generally single player only person, I'm a little bummed.

If you care only about SP I propably would recommend some other game. They clearly went with multiplayer focus with this one. Maybe sequel has more fleshed out SP.

I refuse to believe Wander can't be in this game. I cant believe that developers have their boss's by the balls like that. It pretty much gives me this image:

Knowing Ueda, it probably went something like this:

Sony: Hey guuuuuuuyz, can our new studio use your character who you've only used once and have no plans of ever using again? He'll be in this really cool fighting game, and-

Team ICO:
clip_image001%25255B4%25255D.jpg

Sony: *slowly backs out of room*

Ran rp

Wonderbook could be Dreamscape 2.0 with full-on transformations between stories.

I can appreciate that Sony respects their devs' wishes regarding their characters. I'd still like to see some Team Ico representation though, and The Last Guardian situation is still ridiculous.

Stage hazard is a woman in the background who fails to cast spells.

Also why isn't Jeremy in this game, I think he did a good enough job to be in.

LOL, I can't find the gif of either of those.

I'm pretty glad this doesn't have an adventure mode like Brawl's, it was horrible. Stupid story and resources that could've been used for other stuff that was done better in previous games like break the targets and race to the finish. Melee did it better.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If you care only about SP I propably would recommend some other game. They clearly went with multiplayer focus with this one. Maybe sequel has more fleshed out SP.

Which only puts more emphasis on the fact that they do not have a online skill based ranking system like the other multiplayer fighting games, and a comparatively small roster.

Which only puts more emphasis on the fact that they do not have a online skill based ranking system.
For the 20000th time, the belts are your online matchmaking rank. And I'm pretty sure Omar talked about leaderboard stuff in the IGN stream.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
For the 20000th time, the belts are your online matchmaking rank. And I'm pretty sure Omar talked about leaderboard stuff in the IGN stream.

Sorry but I thought belts were just unlockables like those silly little tags that you can unlock in other games that noone ever cares about. Is there a proper skill based latter system attached to them that I don't know about?

Sorry but I thought belts were just unlockables like those silly little tags that you can unlock in other games that noone ever cares about. Is there a proper skill based latter system attached to them that I don't know about?
Well Omar talks about matchmaking seasons in the IGN stream and I dunno how the fuck seasons would work without ladder system. You unlock titles after each season based on what belt you have and how many seasons you have been holding that rank.

Top Bottom