• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Eh, Raiden doesn't really have any good moves to start combos for AP, and his kill confirms are all easy to see coming/punish.
I've died more from Raidens throwing out their lv1s when I least expect it.

The throw nerf really hurt his 1v1 potential imo (not that I'm complaining).

I disagree, his level 1 can still be confirmed in multiple ways and is more powerful than basically any other characters lvl 1. Also any attack that gets a character in the air leads to a ton of ap, his level 2 is arguably the best in the game, and his level 3 is solid. He's IMO God tier right there with drake, and his supers need to be cooled down a bit.

Kept getting hit confirmed from Raiden last night but I dont think I minded (just didnt know how to beat him). I usually wait for spam Raidens to get caught up in their animations to attack, I agree he can get annoying as he is so in your face, but he is much more manageable than Kratos (how is he doing post patch btw?)

I save Super 1s to counter Raiden super 2s, and generally dodging wkrjs fine enough, though some people are quick with the stun attacks.

Camjo-Z

He is much more manageable than Kratos (how is he doing post patch btw?)

Kratos' effectiveness has not been nerfed in any way by the patch, unfortunately. His forward square was always annoying, but it was never really the reason he was considered broken - his other square moves are crazy fast, hard to punish, and he gets mad AP from spamming them. Couple this with the fact that none of his supers are actually bad and his Level 2 in particular is easy to catch 2+ people with every time, it's safe to say that he is still button-masher's paradise.

BeastM0de

Neo Member
Raiden is not that hard to deal with. Just hold block. He has no way to punish it. He cant kill you or start any combos if you just hold block. Most raidens are incredibly bad. There are only 1 or 2 that I have seen that are decent post patch.

Aceun

Agreed. The best punish for a Raiden is to turtle. Most Raiden's can't deal with this strategy, just be vigilant of Raiden's punishing you for blocking too much.

I find Kratos post patch to be a little bit more fair. There is tremendous delay after the chain grab which now makes it very punishable. His moves are still fast on start up, but he's a little bit more punishable from top down because of the angle decrease on the chain grab. Again, careful with his level 2.

kassatsu

Banned
Minions DLC

Tons of minions are available as add-ons including Carmelita, Elena, Kuro and more! They appear in player’s intro and dance around. They also appear when the player has earned a Double or Triple-kill to show their support! Check the list at bottom and see if you would like to pick some of them!

Minion: Ashelin
Minion: Buzz
Minion: Carmelita
Minion: Colossus of Rhodes
Minion: Elena
Minion: Eucadian Soldier
Minion: Kuro
Minion: Lil
Minion: Logan Graves
Minion: Lucy Kuo
Minion: Mr. Grimm
Minion: Ninja
Minion: Pirate
Minion: Polyphemus
Minion: Rico
Minion: Suzuki
Minion: The Professor
Minion: Visari

ascii42

Awesome, Kuro!

I'm guessing none of the third parties get new minions, but who are the rest of the characters?

Minion: Ashelin is from Jak 2 and 3
Minion: Buzz ... is from Buzz
Minion: Carmelita - Sly Cooper
Minion: Colossus of Rhodes - God of War II, I believe
Minion: Elena - Uncharted
Minion: Eucadian Soldier - Warhawk
Minion: Kuro
Minion: Lil
Minion: Logan Graves - Starhawk
Minion: Lucy Kuo
Minion: Mr. Grimm - Twisted Metal
Minion: Ninja
Minion: Pirate
Minion: Polyphemus - God of War as well?
Minion: Rico - Killzone
Minion: Suzuki
Minion: The Professor
Minion: Visari - Killzone

Ryce

Lil is from Escape Plan, Ninja and Pirate are from Fat Princess, Suzuki is from Hot Shots Golf, and The Professor is from Ape Escape.

Honestly, I'd say that getting Colossus of Rhodes and Polyphemus minions before Zeus lends credence to Mink's source.

Ryce

They should be free, since they're pretty useless, but I'm sure they'll be a dollar apiece or something like that.

SSReborn

Really cool. Hope they are priced well. There are a lot of cool new minions that I would love to use. It would be so cool if they had the minions dancing around in the loading screen. I feel that we don't see enough of them.

SmithnCo

They should be free, since they're pretty useless, but I'm sure they'll be a dollar apiece or something like that.

Yeah... A dollar at most, hopefully fifty cents. I barely notice the minions really.

But based on the costume prices it'll be five bucks per minion.
lol

Ryce

Cutter will most likely come as an unlockable minion for Emmett and Raven as a minion for Kat.

The lack of a Resistance minion has me hopeful that we'll be getting Nathan Hale or a Chimera Hybrid as a DLC character. Surely a Resistance minion would take precedence over Warhawk, Escape Plan, Hot Shots Golf, and two Fat Princess minions?

Camjo-Z

Honestly, I'd say that getting Colossus of Rhodes and Polyphemus minions before Zeus lends credence to Mink's source.

We're also getting Ninja AND Pirate... Princess Muffintop confirmed!!

I'd bite on some of these if they were like $.50 each, but I'm sure they'll be overpriced.

OmegaZero

Awesome.

original

Aceun

I am a sucker for this kind of stuff. You should have seen me in the early LBP days. But I am stoked for Elena, Eucadian Soldier, and Lil.

Too many minions to choose from! I still kind of wish they did more though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kept getting hit confirmed from Raiden last night but I dont think I minded (just didnt know how to beat him). I usually wait for spam Raidens to get caught up in their animations to attack, I agree he can get annoying as he is so in your face, but he is much more manageable than Kratos (how is he doing post patch btw?)

I save Super 1s to counter Raiden super 2s, and generally dodging wkrjs fine enough, though some people are quick with the stun attacks.

Not even close, Kratos is much easier than Raiden. He has more range, but is easier to punish and his supers are a joke compared to Raidens.

edit- and Drake needs a nerf as well.

Ryce

Too many minions to choose from! I still kind of wish they did more though.
The fact that there are so many missing "major" characters and a bunch of weird choices leads me to believe that we'll be getting another set of minions with the next DLC pack. It would fill in a lot of the gaps.

Colossus of Rhodes and Polyphemus over Ares, Hades, Poseidon, etc.?
Two Fat Princess characters?
Nobody from Ratchet & Clank?
Nobody from Resistance?

why the hell would I buy minions for?? They're soo useless and bland. They totally blew it with the minons. Those little shits don't even make sounds. Give us ALL a new gameplay mode instead.

Aceun

The fact that there are so many missing "major" characters and a bunch of weird choices leads me to believe that we'll be getting another set of minions with the next DLC pack. It would fill in a lot of the gaps.

Colossus of Rhodes and Polyphemus over Ares, Hades, Poseidon, etc.?
Two Fat Princess characters?
Nobody from Ratchet & Clank?
Nobody from Resistance?

True. Not to mention there's a huge opportunity to include some forgotten franchises like Mark of Kri or Jen Tate. Then again, maybe they're saving some of the obscure ps2 ps1 era characters for DLC or a sequel.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Agreed. The best punish for a Raiden is to turtle. Most Raiden's can't deal with this strategy, just be vigilant of Raiden's punishing you for blocking too much.

I find Kratos post patch to be a little bit more fair. There is tremendous delay after the chain grab which now makes it very punishable. His moves are still fast on start up, but he's a little bit more punishable from top down because of the angle decrease on the chain grab. Again, careful with his level 2.

People continue to say stuff like this. Post patch he lost one of his combos. He can start combos from the air and the ground, both lead to 155 AP. At the end of the day, turtling will do nothing for you, because the game is about supers and Raidens by far are the best in the game.

Raiden is not that hard to deal with. Just hold block. He has no way to punish it. He cant kill you or start any combos if you just hold block. Most raidens are incredibly bad. There are only 1 or 2 that I have seen that are decent post patch.

Then you must not be running into the right people. Trust me I know how to deal with Raiden, but it doesn't mean he's not overpowered. He has a ridiculous amount of confirms, stupidly powerful supers, multiple 155 AP combos that are easy as hell, and on top of this is one of the fastest in the game.

This may seem weird, but i just now put time into playing as FP... What the hell? Crazy awesome lol

FP is definitely top tier.

BeastM0de

Neo Member
I play with some pretty good raidens. I must admit that E. cole has a good matchup. The oil spike stuffs most of raidens approaches. Turtle behind one of those and you are money.

What character do you use?

DigitalOp

Banned
I fell off the damn map in this OT but

I cannot put this damn game down.... I can't even try to play something else in peace because as soon as I finish or I get bored, Im booting up this game

Speaks volumes.

Kratos seems a lil nerfed, not entirely but a little bit, Im jumping over chain grabs now.. Pre patch this would NEVER happen

I cant wait for Kat and Emmet. Ill be giving Emmet the most playtime, Im tryna make a statement with him, I hope he doesn't get adopted by the online userbase and becomes overplayed.

I think a TON of people are gonna be switching to Kat on her release, Shes just wayyyy too mobile

TheMink

I fell off the damn map in this OT but

I cannot put this damn game down.... I can't even try to play something else in peace because as soon as I finish or I get bored, Im booting up this game

Speaks volumes.

Kratos seems a lil nerfed, not entirely but a little bit, Im jumping over chain grabs now.. Pre patch this would NEVER happen

I cant wait for Kat and Emmet. Ill be giving Emmet the most playtime, Im tryna make a statement with him, I hope he doesn't get adopted by the online userbase and becomes overplayed.

I think a TON of people are gonna be switching to Kat on her release, Shes just wayyyy too mobile

Kat and Emmet will be really really popular the first month they are available and get slowly less popular

Im kinda hoping that Kat takes a little more work to get good at so it will seperate the die hards from the bandwagon kat players :p

Ryce

All-Stars is on the cover of the latest Famitsu. Hopefully this isn't a complete flop in Japan; I want SuperBot to support the game for as long as possible.

Skyzard

Banned
My Vita mic is so sensitive, constantly sending audio *with icon displaying* just by holding the vita in a quiet room.. no options to tweak.

All-Stars is on the cover of the latest Famitsu. Hopefully this isn't a complete flop in Japan; I want SuperBot to support the game for as long as possible.

Nice, but link isn't working here - is it the main cover?, and same here - hoping this game gets as good as it can be through updates, incase there is no sequel...even if there is.

Also - late edit but please do add rematch as an option, someone else mentioned earlier..

..raise kill limit option too please.

Top Bottom