• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

All-Stars is on the cover of the latest Famitsu. Hopefully this isn't a complete flop in Japan; I want SuperBot to support the game for as long as possible.

No Spike or Heihachi for the front? I thought Ape Escape was huge over there. Yet Sackboy is included and the LittleBigPlanet franchise bombs routinely in Japan. Seems like some odd choices used to promote the game.

SmithnCo

Nice, but link isn't working here - is it the main cover?, and same here - hoping this game gets as good as it can be through updates, incase there is no sequel...even if there is.

You have to copy/paste the link for it to work.

Interesting that it is the cover.

TheMink

All-Stars is on the cover of the latest Famitsu. Hopefully this isn't a complete flop in Japan; I want SuperBot to support the game for as long as possible.

You changed your avatar Mr. Ryce! Whenever someone does that i completely lose my footing haha.

Took me like 2 weeks to get used to smithncos new one.

Skyzard

Banned
You have to copy/paste the link for it to work.

Interesting that it is the cover.

Ah thanks, yeah quite a cool one actually. Well, not bad :p

Btw Kratos still needs nerfing. I get that him and Raiden are supposed to be accessible but this is pretty annoying still..Picking almost anyone else gives you a moderate disadvantage. It's not like before but still..

Drencrom

ixK1pPMbhcLyX.jpg

SmithnCo

Yeah, I think Kratos/Raiden are more manageable in 1v1 or 2v2, but for FFA it's hard for some characters because you get interrupted during combos a lot. Kratos and Raiden don't have that much of a problem with it though and can get a good amount of AP.

I like FP but she seems more 1v1-focused because she doesn't have big sweeping attacks like Kratos. So I usually end up using Sweet Tooth for FFA because BOMBS.

Ryce

I really wish the minions had some sort of additional functionality -- even just hovering off to the side of your title card or something. Maybe even bios like the playable characters have (this game's equivalent of SSB trophies). It seems like a whole lot of wasted effort for something you see only one second per match.

SmithnCo

I really wish the minions had some sort of additional functionality -- even just hovering off to the side of your title card or something. Maybe even bios like the playable characters have (this game's equivalent of SSB trophies). It seems like a whole lot of wasted effort for something you see only one second per match.

Yeah. I wish they showed up when you taunt or something. Like I said, I barely notice them in a match, except for the rare triple kill animation.

Step

Hi guys, new member here, finaly I can post.

A feature that I really want into the game is to turn off and on everytime you get killed you lose AP, the more AP you have the more you lose.

I would love so much this option, this could make a match so intense and make the lv 3 supers more risk/reward.

Sometimes on ffa with all the chaos even if I see someone getting a lv 3 it is kinda hard to grab them and he will freely atk everyone else, punishing/stoping someone that will get a lv 3 by killing him not only to waste time but to make him lose AP would be really cool.

DigitalOp

Banned
Ay yo! Clock!

Can we have a patch that increases AP loss for throws?? Right now they barely do a damn thing, You'd have to throw someone 3 times just to get decent AP loss, It has such a little effect on the game mechanics

If you increase the AP Loss , you'll be rewarding those who play smarter, It'll even help with spammers! They don't know what the right stick does lol

Drencrom

It's a bit late, but here are the PASBR grand finals from SCR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO6k7kpqKww&feature=youtu.be&a

The rest of the finals are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk4MIysNuj4

Good stuff, saw a lot of cool combos

A feature that I really want into the game is to turn off and on everytime you get killed you lose AP, the more AP you have the more you lose.

I would love so much this option, this could make a match so intense and make the lv 3 supers more risk/reward.

Sometimes on ffa with all the chaos even if I see someone getting a lv 3 it is kinda hard to grab them and he will freely atk everyone else, punishing/stoping someone that will get a lv 3 by killing him not only to waste time but to make him lose AP would be really cool.

That could be pretty interesting actually

Welcome aboard Step!

Sorry guys that have asked me to play, I was too busy with DmC (Man Dante lacks that cool looking down triangle move in DmC! The lame preorder costume was actually an unlockable in the game itself! God damnit :d ) and today I got Ni No Kuni early :lol. I'll start playing again tho now. Usually it's me who asks you guys to play :lol.

My OCD can't stand the new 97% trophy rate now that the DLC stage got its own trophy. I guess I need to buy it after all ;). Need to watch those vids too that Clock posted. Much happening in PSASBR lately!

Clock can you guys put a BP penalty to everyone who buys Rico minion?

Also late welcome to Step and Beastm0de!

WatTsu

Yeah, I'd probably buy the Buzz Minion.

Still wish he was a playable character, though I guess having half of his own stage is cool.

OmegaZero

In a recent 2v2 stock match, my partner was killed early, leaving me to fight two Narikos.
Which I normally wouldn't have a problem with, but as soon as one got me in that Circle attack, the other used it on me as well, and this continued for a few minutes until my partner quit.

Any way to escape this?

TheMink

In a recent 2v2 stock match, my partner was killed early, leaving me to fight two Narikos.
Which I normally wouldn't have a problem with, but as soon as one got me in that Circle attack, the other used it on me as well, and this continued for a few minutes until my partner quit.

Any way to escape this?

I always thought that circle move animation was way to long by itself.

SmithnCo

Any way to escape this?

Interesting. Makes me wonder if there are any infinite combinations. Would only really be useful in that 2 vs. 1 situation though I guess.

Welcome, and I love this idea. Been pitching it myself, as it is available in the Challenge modes against A.I., so I figure it couldn't be much harder to implement as an option.

Step

Welcome, and I love this idea. Been pitching it myself, as it is available in the Challenge modes against A.I., so I figure it couldn't be much harder to implement as an option.

Yeah it is kinda weird that they didn't add it to the versus options, I wanted them to go nuts in the match customization.

The rematch option will be cool on quick match, that rivalry this game creates after 2 matches with the same person leaves you with the need for a rematch without you having to add them on your friend list to play.

Nakiro

I hope Kat is fun to play with. Other than Drake and maybe Ratchet I am having trouble playing with other characters because they don't have the tools I like to use. It's also hard to care when you get in a match and people use one combo over and over again.

I've been a bit out of the loop lately since i'm busy playing Okami HD, does the season end today and will our earned titles get unlocked tomorrow?

It's a bit late, but here are the PASBR grand finals from SCR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO6k7kpqKww&feature=youtu.be&a

The rest of the finals are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk4MIysNuj4

I got so tense watching the grand finals. I was rooting for the Nariko/Sackboy team and was sure they were done for at the start of the last match, but then they came back and got that final kill a split second before the other Nariko could activate her level 3 super, great stuff!

I've been a bit out of the loop lately since i'm busy playing Okami HD, does the season end today and will our earned titles get unlocked tomorrow?

I got so tense watching the grand finals. I was rooting for the Nariko/Sackboy team and was sure they were done for at the start of the last match, but then they came back and got that final kill a split second before the other Nariko could activate her level 3 super, great stuff!

Clock made for some great commentary

So right now it says 29 days left in the season, but I still have my belt rank from the previous December-January season. No titles yet for me so I am hoping it just means the season isn't really over yet. I just want my titles this time.

We DID win, i dont know what hes talking about.

Phew I was worried for a second there that I imagined our triumphant victory.
Gonna have to check to see if I got titles. Kinda forgot those existed (kinda bummed I never got mine for the 1st season because that's when I got the highest belts/played the most)

On a different note: I am so hyped for the soon to be released DLC!

J-Tier

Too bad Ni no Kuni isn't a true exclusive title. Oliver would make a fun character. Mr. Drippy could tag along behind him and would randomly spit out AP orbs, just like he does with the HP and SP orbs, while Oliver would have a move set based around using spells and the familiars.

Anyways...DLC characters are soooo close. So so close. I want them now :(

Skyzard

Banned
I'm no expert at this game or fighters (and their balancing) in general but I do like to play them and I personally love this party fighter especially with some perceived issues about how much better some characters are then others..
Sure the game could of had a better singleplayer with final boss improvements and maybe some mini-game events or something, it seems they were a bit pressed for time but the main draw is the multiplayer since it's basically a party fighter and I thought the one guarantee was the balancing but in general it just doesn't feel great. At least at my beginner/intermediate level. It's clear they made some characters more accessible and somewhat faithful to their overpoweredness in their own games (Kratos, Raiden) but also just fan favourites (probably), like Nathon Drake...and the one human girl, Nariko - but as they are quite a lot better the more advanced players seem to really dominate with them. Slow characters don't have too much of a chance either. Can we not have much narrower differences between the characters.. It's the only thing bugging me about online play, apart from when I can't pick up items :p Is it not as bad as I'm making out?

Also do we have any word on whether they are adding say 1v1 and 1v1v1? FFA seems to be more fun for me when a player drops at the start..not entirely sure why they didn't add it. -maybe some quicker ways to invite people recently played with in different custom events..

I hope they add in things like that (and also the rematch option someone suggested) in the not too distant future... I know there were redundancies but they still intended on supporting it with dlc, hopefully more than just the one set as well but also more updates (which is what they've been doing up until now to be fair). I'm happy to pay to for any good dlc that expands the game as well as it's one of the funnest games I have on Vita, especially now that I'm finally trying players other than Heihachi.

OwlyKnees

Haven't watched any footage of the DLC characters, so I'm very interested in how they handle Kat.

Especially since I'm playing through Gravity Rush right now (fantastic!) and her mobility options are tremendous. Hoping they give Dusty his dues, too.

Top Bottom