• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

PSY・S;47207443 said:
How did you guys win if we never even finished round two?

They're all talk. Be sure to get your registration in so you can show them what-for! Only two teams are confirmed to be playing in the next tournament, so send me a PM if you're planning on competing!

What is this Scrafty Cup, exactly? I might want to join.

It was a launch 2v2 tournament that I organized, but it fell apart because netcode was screwing people over and over 6 teams never even communicated with their opponents. I'm hoping to reboot it on the 15th with the improved netcode and people who will actually show up for their matches.

Nakiro

It's okay; I'll give you some of my ti ;P
Purely from the fun factor side. I like to play games for fun. Once I see the same person or heck even the same character using the same combo over and over again I lose the will to play entirely.

This happens in almost every single online game for me. Which is why I usually stick to single player only games, because I just find them more fun down the line. Uncharted being an exception, where I can actually have fun online as well and while it's not entirely balanced, your playing style is viable no matter what you choose to play like.

Well then just play it for fun. ;)
I try my best!

Ryce

Prediction time, since it's pretty dead around here!

Early March (near the release of God of War: Ascension) - Zeus, Ryu Hayabusa, and a Gravity Rush stage announced for release in April.

Early May (near the release of The Last of Us) - Joel, Isaac Clarke, and a Last of Us stage announced for release in June.

There will also be new minions and costumes released between each major group of DLC.

That'll be the end of the DLC. Rather than enjoy the new characters, people will still complain about the lack of Crash, Spyro, Snake, Cloud, Dart, and Wander, calling for the dissolution of SuperBot.

Purely from the fun factor side. I like to play games for fun. Once I see the same person or heck even the same character using the same combo over and over again I lose the will to play entirely.

This happens in almost every single online game for me. Which is why I usually stick to single player only games, because I just find them more fun down the line. Uncharted being an exception, where I can actually have fun online as well and while it's not entirely balanced, your playing style is viable no matter what you choose to play like.
Holy shit -- I feel exactly the same way. It's a rare opinion.

BeastM0de

Neo Member
I'd rather see Hotsuma from Shinobi make it in before Ryu. It wont happen but it should.
446364-hotsuma_large.png

Ran rp

They're all talk. Be sure to get your registration in so you can show them what-for! Only two teams are confirmed to be playing in the next tournament, so send me a PM if you're planning on competing!

I've gotta wait until we're closer to the tournament to see if I'll have time to join. Don't want to sign up just to drop because I don't have time to play.

We were just kidding

*woosh* over my head :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I hope one of them is mine. :p (I was not sure if you got my PM since I didn't get any response.)

OmegaZero

I would LOVE to be part of the Scrafty Cup v.2, but my internet connection isn't the best for gaming. Some days it works, and some days I can't connect to PSN.

Just hopped back online for the first time in awhile. 5 matches in and I already got hate mail. Silly Pancakes guy
Edit: Worst part was he was complaining about a match in which I played Radec on Sandover. Seriously? I think used my sniper once haha what's there to complain about!?

TheMink

Just hopped back online for the first time in awhile. 5 matches in and I already got hate mail. Silly Pancakes guy
Edit: Worst part was he was complaining about a match in which I played Radec on Sandover. Seriously? I think used my sniper once haha what's there to complain about!?

You just being too awesome?

i hate when I'm playing online and one of the players seem to either not be playing or is maybe disconnected but get's thrown into the water on Sandover Village. They end up having the camera pan out and stay like that the whole match. I really wish the camera in the game could stay closer to the action and stop zooming out to see the same old level hazards.

I'm looking at you Invasion. On another note I've been playing this game almost daily. It is really fun when playing with other people. I really wish they'd add that 1v1 in at least.

I've actually discovered the skill level of players online is typically better than it was before. I just wanted to warm up before my girl is released next week haha

Your GF is doing time? At least she'll be back by the time the DLC comes out. ;)

The only Japanese person on my friends list is playing PASBR right now.

COMMERCIAL SUCCESS IN JAPAN CONFIRMED!

100% rate of adoption for Japan confirmed! :)

TheMink

I've actually discovered the skill level of players online is typically better than it was before. I just wanted to warm up before my girl is released next week haha

We are going to have to decide who gets to play as Kat for the tourney, ima fight you for it!!!!

And no we cant both be kat!!

It's a shame those minions are DLC and will probably cost money, if they were in the main game I think it would make the unlockables feel more robust. I just wish there were more unlockables, more items, etc. Like, I love the game and what it is, I just wish we were at sequel level content and rosters in comparison to SSB, especially the roster too.

Edit: Also I stole one of those minion avatars. So awesome, thx!

We are going to have to decide who gets to play as Kat for the tourney, ima fight you for it!!!!

And no we cant both be kat!!

Haha I don't think she'll suit my play style unfortunately. Gonna give her and Emmett a shot though.
Playing online today, so many more rage quitters than I remember

i hate when I'm playing online and one of the players seem to either not be playing or is maybe disconnected but get's thrown into the water on Sandover Village. They end up having the camera pan out and stay like that the whole match. I really wish the camera in the game could stay closer to the action and stop zooming out to see the same old level hazards.

I'm looking at you Invasion. On another note I've been playing this game almost daily. It is really fun when playing with other people. I really wish they'd add that 1v1 in at least.

I like pretending I'm disconnected, walk all the way to the left or right of the screen and just keep walking towards the wall, until someone comes to me with their guard down and then POW, Super.

Unfortunately, some Gaffers have caught on to this ruse

I like pretending I'm disconnected, walk all the way to the left or right of the screen and just keep walking towards the wall, until someone comes to me with their guard down and then POW, Super.

That's hilarious, gonna try that soon haha

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Haha I don't think she'll suit my play style unfortunately. Gonna give her and Emmett a shot though.
Playing online today, so many more rage quitters than I remember

Yeah, there are too many immature players online now. Right now I'm tired of ragequitters because I already got too many.

Guys, i want some professional opinions on this buff/nerf list i created.
http://puu.sh/1X0RZ

(I hope this isnt too immature or sth)

I do agree Kratos needs some tweaking still. Reducing his super 1 range isn't a bad idea, but I'd take the AP reduction instead. As annoying as Kratos is, it's what makes him unique, but he shouldn't be as easily awarded for it IMO

Wouldn't mind the Parappa buff, only because Raiden's Super 2 is pretty good. I pretty much look at Raiden as the gold standard for these kinds of Super 2's to judge.

Fat Princess is generally fine, I'd tweak her Super 3 a lot. Not sure how successful her Super 2 is, but it's easy to dodge and doesn't last as long as I think it used to. I don't know why I don't see Fat Princess players anymore.

I'm fine with Sweet Tooth, but wouldn't mind a Super 2 buff. Said it many times before, his Super 2 has a superior effect when you aren't guiding the rocket but exploding it in a crowd instantly. He can get three kills in those instances, but remote detonation is the best option IMO, but even then, his Super 1 is gold, and his Super 3, IMO, is the most devastating next to Sackboy's.

Agreed with Sly Cooper, his Super 2 was neutered

Drake is fine.

Mr. Zurkon is fine, making him too powerful at 5 AP may be overkill and he best serves as an annoyance/awesome commentary. I agree with the Super 2, however, that super is incredibly weak and too much time is wasted throwing the time bombs

Wouldn't mind a slight AP buff for Jak here and there, but I've seen devastating Jak players. His Super 2 oddly misses more times than I feel it should, so I wouldn't mind bigger ground range at all.

I feel Big Daddy needs a longer Super 3, or at least even better mobility when jumping, His Super 1 is tricky but his AP gain makes it fine. There are some good corner setups one can achieve with Big Daddy's Super 1. His Super 2 is so easy to see coming, and so very easy to dodge/counter, unlike someone like Raiden who can stun you really fast (compared to Clank who spends way too much time throwing out time bombs). You have to really anticipate the enemy two steps ahead.

Heihachi is fine. He has a very easy Super 1 hit confirm + High AP gain, Kuma is quite good on small maps, and a lot of the time, I see people build up to Super 3 to show off.

Nariko is fine, a lot of the strategy I see with her is building to her devastating Super 3, and there are some good moves to pull off the super 2. Super 1 is iffy, but it's fine. I generally welcome the trickier super 1's as I feel that's how they should be.

Wouldn't mind more Raiden tweaking, my biggest problem with him is that a lot of similar Super 2's fall flat in comparison to his. This is on top of his incredible counter and mobility options. I can deal with Raiden players, but welcome some more tweaks to make Raiden players require more of a challenge to use.

Wouldn't mind slight Sackboy buff, especially for his jam. He's challenging to use, but has the moveset to be quite tricky to catch. Saw an excellent Sackboy player on that SFC gameplay.

Wouldn't mind a Sir Dan level 3 buff, Super 1 is fine as people have become good at setting/anticipating when to pop these. I'd definitely make his Super 3 easier to kill.

I always feel bad for Spike, his supers are too easy to see coming. Wouldn't mind a buff. i've seen great Spike players that just blow their Super 2 because it is that easy to blow. Meaning they either build to Super 3 or rely on Super 1.

SmithnCo

I like a lot of it, though I think Parappa's 2 is okay as it is; it's just largely dependent on the stage you're playing on. Jak also might be too good with those buffs- hes already pretty decent I think, at least in 1v1.

Sweet Tooth's 2 is horrible but I can't help but feel like it was designed that way, to force people to use only 1s or take a risk and go for the 3.

Nariko is terrible in 1v1 and I'd welcome a buff for her level 1.

Hey guys new to the game. For some reason they keep picking a random character for me on ranked matches when I try to pick Dante. Any reason why this is happening? Oh and I'm playing on Vita.

Hey guys new to the game. For some reason they keep picking a random character for me on ranked matches when I try to pick Dante. Any reason why this is happening? Oh and I'm playing on Vita.

Telling you to pick someone else...

Just kidding. Its a known bug, that's still isn't fully fixed yet. It happens randomly

TheMink

Nerfing a Kratos isnt as simple as "make certain moves give less ap" as that would completely change alot of his combos.
I think a nerf needs to be more along the lines of "X startup time is slower" because i think that is essentially the problem.

1. Don't let him turn during his combos. Make people commit to them.

2. Give his cheap moves half a second more start-up time/recovery. That way they're easier to predict/punish

3. Decrease the hitbox on his Level 1 and 2.

Budda bing budda boom. Kratos balanced in three moves.

TheMink

1. Don't let him turn during his combos. Make people commit to them.

2. Give his cheap moves half a second more start-up time/recovery. That way they're easier to predict/punish

3. Decrease the hitbox on his Level 1 and 2.

Budda bing budda boom. Kratos balanced in three moves.

I can dig that. But every one can turn during a combo.

TheMink

Yes, but Kratos doesn't need to. His moves come out so fast and hit so hard that letting him turn during them allows for way too much flexibility and room for error.

If the speed during his attacks were nerfed i dont think they would also need to stop him from turing.
But i suppose i wouldnt care ultimately because i always comit to my combos on principal. Also i dont just mash square in all directions. So meh.

Skyzard

Banned
@
TimeEffect - about Heihachi - what is his super easy level 1 hit confirm?

Forward square lets people roll away and the charge up forward square (down circle to forward square) always gets interrupted or avoided from my experience? What am I missing please.

I know it's been talked before up and down but I wanted your input guys:

A friend of mine keeps asserting that PSABR won't get a sequel and that the studio will close within 5 years. I really love the game and want Sony to fully develop it into a platform franchise. Thoughts?

I know it's been talked before up and down but I wanted your input guys:

A friend of mine keeps asserting that PSABR won't get a sequel and that the studio will close within 5 years. I really love the game and want Sony to fully develop it into a platform franchise. Thoughts?

Well, I thought there were rumours for a sequel.

@
TimeEffect - about Heihachi - what is his super easy level 1 hit confirm?

Forward square lets people roll away and the charge up forward square (down circle to forward square) always gets interrupted or avoided from my experience? What am I missing please.

Maybe I'm wrong, but there's some square move he does on me that I can't seem to escape

OmegaZero

"fix infinites" for Dante? What "infinites" does he have?
The empty bold cancel isn't an infinite by the way.

EDIT:
Maybe I'm wrong, but there's some square move he does on me that I can't seem to escape

There are only two moves that can confirm into Heihachi's level 1. The first is the second hit of his Double Palm (square in midair). The second is his Pulverizer (square during Raijin stance). While his counter, down square and forward square knock the opponent on their ass, Heihachi cannot connect them into his level 1.

TheMink

Well, I thought there were rumours for a sequel.

Its anything but easy, down circle -> neutral square -> super. Takes like a half decade especially compared to other hit confirm setups.

OmegaZero

Its anything but easy, down circle -> neutral square -> super. Takes like a half decade especially compared to other hit confirm setups.

Well, air square is quick and relatively safe in comparison.
Most Heihachi on the internet never use it though. Hell, I don't even use it unless I catch someone in Pulverizer first (for an AP burst combo).

lol I'm going to try that. I just really hate how the camera goes ape shit and stays zoomed all the way out. Makes it look like I'm playing Playstation All Stars minion royale.

Top Bottom