• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Camjo-Z

A character from Sony Santa Monica, big surprise.

wait

If they're putting in characters from games SSM helped with then...

journey-game-screenshot-13.jpg

OmegaZero

I think I mostly played as Dante the few times I played you. Maybe Kat once, but mostly (or all) Dante. For one of the matches, you (as Good Cole, I believe) and this Sackboy player were just tearing it up on Fearless and I could barely land a hit. I felt like such a noob, haha.

I did have one crazy close match on Sandover Village with a Sackboy player that involved a last-minute level 3 and overtime... I don't think that one was with you, though.

Nah, I haven't had an overtime match in a long time.

But yeah, I remember the Fearless match. That Sackboy was so annoying lol.
If you're interested in Dante's playstyle and want to stick with him, I might be able to teach you a few things later today when I get online.

TheMink

From GameFAQs by way of Reddit:

uX2xGdW.png

It looks kinda real to me... sadly. Apparently this and a few minion dummy files (Bentley, Chloe, Chimera, Tag, and unnamed others) are in the new patch. More people should look into it.

20130108_072502_937.gif

Looks pretty legit, source definitely didnt mention him. But doesnt necessarily mean that he didnt know. He just didnt tell me.
We will see how this pans out.

Nah, I haven't had an overtime match in a long time.

But yeah, I remember the Fearless match. That Sackboy was so annoying lol.
If you're interested in Dante's playstyle and want to stick with him, I might be able to teach you a few things later today when I get online.

Thanks! I unfortunately won't be free tonight, but I'd love to take you up on that next week sometime.

I do actually quite enjoy using Dante and would like to get better with him, so any help with that would be much appreciated. I know doing so pretty much requires learning L-canceling, and I've looked it up, but I just can't wrap my head around it... I don't know. I'm really good at Smash but really terrible at traditional fighters, and I think PSASBR falls into this weird middle ground for me where I'm just really average and can't get out of that rut.

I think my main problem is that my reflexes want to play it like it's Smash but my brain knows that won't work because the two are actually quite different, so I end up just kind of floundering. It sucks, because I genuinely enjoy PSASBR and would like it even more if I could play competently!

Skyzard

Banned
Yo GAF. I'm no longer working for SuperBot by end of today (2 hours). Just wanted to say thanks for all the support the past 9 months, especially the people who have continually vouched and stuck up for us since the beginning. Really hope everyone continues to enjoy the game for yonks to come.

Clockw0rk

Good luck, Clock. All-Stars is the most fun I've had with a fighting game in years!

Ditto and thanks for posting here with us as well.

Conspiracy time: SuperBot faked that Finn image just to get people excited about Zeus.

Hah, I'm hoping. Otherwise...maybe he has some awesome moves.

J-Tier

SaG9BMg.jpg

Not gonna lie, fake images do bring about more discussion though. I miss the old days of pre-release.

Also, this image is legitly fake, clearly. Idk about the Finn one though.

YoungOne

Camjo-Z

Ran into a parappa that did this glitch. Still won though cause I stayed around near the top platform and stole the ap for a level 3 :).

Wow, backfire. It's supposed to be an instant win!

Although, aside from myself I haven't seen anyone else using it. I suspect it may go the way of the Toro glitch... game-breaking, but hardly anybody will bother doing it.

YoungOne

Wow, backfire. It's supposed to be an instant win!

Although, aside from myself I haven't seen anyone else using it. I suspect it may go the way of the Toro glitch... game-breaking, but hardly anybody will bother doing it.
It was on that new stage 2v2 stock. He caught us in a level 3 me and my brother had wtf faces, so I just camped the top and stole the ap when he did it again.

Not sure what to think about that. While not bad character per se, Fin would feel still stupid. And for simple reason.

Waaaaaayyyyyyyy too many PS3 character representations. Lets list them:

Big Daddy
Cole
Dante(its the new Dante, no doubt about that)
Emmett Graves
Evil Cole
Fat Princess
Nariko
Nathan Drake
Sackboy
(And if you want to be technical, Radec is from PS3 game aswell)

Add Fin and that would make it 11. About half of the characters. And as i have mentioned before, reason why people hate this game is because theres no nostalgia (as stupid as it is its the truth).

Worst case scenario is that his Rival would be PS3 character probably aswell... Meh

And for the record representations are:
6 PS1 characters
5 PS2 characers
0 PSP characters(gimmie that Patapon character cmooon, no one seems to even hate that idea.)
10 PS3 characters
1 PSV characters

KevinCow

Banned
So what's the deal with the balance patches SuperBot promised? Aside from the early Sackboy nerf, it seems like all the characters who were great early on are still great, and the characters who were crap are still crap.

I mean I know balance is a very tricky thing and I don't expect them to get it perfect, but it seems to me that there are a number of obviously overpowered and underpowered characters who could use a few changes to make things generally more balanced.

Like the guys with really easy and reliable hit-confirms? They shouldn't have those. That automatically unbalances the risk involved in using a level 1. When every other character uses a level 1, they're gambling a bar of their meter that they read their opponent correctly. But when you have an attack like Evil Cole's charge punch that guarantees you land your super, you're risking nothing. If it hits, you use your super; if it misses, you don't. I'm not necessarily there shouldn't be hit-confirms at all, but they shouldn't be that simple. This could be easily fixed by having the offending setup moves knock the opponent away instead of setting them up for a super.

Or Big Daddy and Sir Dan, who are undeniably the worst characters in the game (and unfortunately for me, also the characters I like the most).

For Big Daddy, make the Little Sister's hitbox a bit bigger, and make the level 1's startup much faster. Boom, you've instantly made him a much more viable character by giving him a level 1 that isn't impossible to hit with. Like that is literally the only change they would have to make for me to switch back to him.

For Sir Dan, add like 5-10 AP gain to most of his attacks and lower the AP requirement for his level 1. He is far too weak for how slow he is. His level 1 would still be kinda crummy, but having more chances to use it would offset that a bit.

Even with these changes, these characters would probably still be mid-tier at best, but that's better than their current garbage-tier status.

And then for the level 1 supers that are a little too good - you know which ones they are - just give them some more startup.

I'm sure these changes wouldn't be perfect, but at least they'd be a start.

And yet, instead of doing anything like this, I hear that SuperBot's already abandoned the game and handed it off to someone else? I can't say that gives me much faith in the game's future.

SSReborn

So what's the deal with the balance patches SuperBot promised? Aside from the early Sackboy nerf, it seems like all the characters who were great early on are still great, and the characters who were crap are still crap.

I mean I know balance is a very tricky thing and I don't expect them to get it perfect, but it seems to me that there are a number of obviously overpowered and underpowered characters who could use a few changes to make things generally more balanced.

Like the guys with really easy and reliable hit-confirms? They shouldn't have those. That automatically unbalances the risk involved in using a level 1. When every other character uses a level 1, they're gambling a bar of their meter that they read their opponent correctly. But when you have an attack like Evil Cole's charge punch that guarantees you land your super, you're risking nothing. If it hits, you use your super; if it misses, you don't. I'm not necessarily there shouldn't be hit-confirms at all, but they shouldn't be that simple. This could be easily fixed by having the offending setup moves knock the opponent away instead of setting them up for a super.

Or Big Daddy and Sir Dan, who are undeniably the worst characters in the game (and unfortunately for me, also the characters I like the most).

For Big Daddy, make the Little Sister's hitbox a bit bigger, and make the level 1's startup much faster. Boom, you've instantly made him a much more viable character by giving him a level 1 that isn't impossible to hit with. Like that is literally the only change they would have to make for me to switch back to him.

For Sir Dan, add like 5-10 AP gain to most of his attacks and lower the AP requirement for his level 1. He is far too weak for how slow he is. His level 1 would still be kinda crummy, but having more chances to use it would offset that a bit.

Even with these changes, these characters would probably still be mid-tier at best, but that's better than their current garbage-tier status.

And then for the level 1 supers that are a little too good - you know which ones they are - just give them some more startup.

And yet, instead of doing anything like this, I hear that SuperBot's already abandoned the game and handed it off to someone else? I can't say that gives me much faith in the game's future.

Yeah Sony cut ties with Superbot and handed the game over to Sony Santa Monica. They claim that SSM will further support it but that remains to be seen. All we can really hope for is that they will at least patch up the game because I doubt they will work on DLC.

Just had my first all night gaming session in the longest time, while playing all stars was a really fun time.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

This has been my problem with the game, and they continue to say they would nerf various characters, but have failed to address these issues. Raiden is still severely overpowered. He has multiple very simple hit confirms for his level 1, which is easily IMO the best lvl 1 in the game. It has monster range, can hit from any direction, lasts a decent amount of time, and it actually moves its position. On top of this he has 155 ap combos with a bunch of different startups, whether the dive kick, the simple over square, jump up and down triangle, so on so forth. Again on top of this he has IMO the best lvl 2 in the game as it can net 3 kills w/o the player screwing up, so his lvl 1 and 2 are both IMO tops, and if not top 3 in each category.

Drake is pretty damn bad too, he gains AP at a ridiculous rate, and his combos and ap builders are ridiculously simple. The barrel toss is massive and sets him up perfect for his other attacks. His lvl 1 is elite, and lvl 3 is right up there as well.

Kratos is the obvious one... he's really difficult to punish if you play someone who knows what they are doing, his combos are ridiculously easy, and even if you don't know them he raises ap at a ridiculous rate. His lvl 1 is actually weak, but his level 2 is top tier, and his lvl 3 is pretty damn good.

The main problem is the ridiculously easy hit confirms. Raiden has a million confirms and he also has monster combos into confirms. The newest offender is Kat who already has been found to have 90 ap combos into a confirm... meanwhile Parappa (who I main) doesn't have any reasonable hit confirms. He has a handful of wall confirms, but they're very impractical and unreliable. I don't have as much problem with Evil cole, and in fact I think Good Cole is worse with his big combos into confirms, since unlike Evil cole, he can start it in multiple ways. If you're going to give these simple confirms to various characters then you have to give at least 1 to every character, or make up for it in some way, which the game really doesn't do.

Takao

Banned

uX2xGdW.png

It looks kinda real to me... sadly. Apparently this and a few minion dummy files (Bentley, Chloe, Chimera, Tag, and unnamed others) are in the new patch. More people should look into it.

so sony's read that super annutation tweet

they have characters from sanzaru, lightbox, eat sleep play, and of course superbot made the game

clearly the next character will be tom riley from resistance: burning skies to represent nihilistic

edit: they'll probably include some weird ass character from PAIN (remember that game) to represent that studio who has making Warrior's Lair but apparently got booted from the game because they no good i forget their name

SaG9BMg.jpg

Not gonna lie, fake images do bring about more discussion though. I miss the old days of pre-release.

Also, this image is legitly fake, clearly. Idk about the Finn one though.

I almost shit my pants. No thanks to that character tbh. Level based yes, but never as an actual character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Finn from Sorcery. A game nobody played.

I never played the game but I want him in the game ever since the PASBR hype. That would be cool if its real.

Yo GAF. I'm no longer working for SuperBot by end of today (2 hours). Just wanted to say thanks for all the support the past 9 months, especially the people who have continually vouched and stuck up for us since the beginning. Really hope everyone continues to enjoy the game for yonks to come.

Clockw0rk

Thanks for being there for us during the hype ride. Good luck with whatever you plan to do in the future.

Reposting this so you guys can get a general sense of what Zeus might play like.

Gotta start that March DLC hype train!

Don't give them ideas :( Zeus should not be in the game .. this game needs less lame cash ins and or "me too" characters, I would be really upset if we already start getting multiple characters from the same franchise -_- Isaac just makes ZERO sense by the way, if they add him in I'll officially be done with the franchise/game for good, and I mean that.

I just can't take any more lame cash ins and or questionable third party additions. Playstation just released a youtube video going on about the history/evolution of Playstation and what were two games they mentioned as being iconic franchises? Crash and Parappa. Still no word on if Crash will ever be considered, and that's one of the biggest disappointments to this game.

Camjo-Z

uX2xGdW.png

I am ashamed to admit that I believed this right away because I figured they would actually be lame enough to put Finn in, but I guess I should have stayed a skeptic. Behold:

original

EDIT: By the way, I wanted to let you guys know about the matches me and my two friends had last night.

We were playing some online Versus matches and just fooling around, and damn did we get some serious glitches. First, we were playing on Franzea and I was dominating as the overpowered Kratos... until I got stuck in the water behind the fish. Somehow when the stage changed I got pushed behind the barrier that's normally there, and the water refused to warp me back up. And it was also the last time the stage changed. So basically I was stuck there for the rest of the match and couldn't do anything. (I deserved it for playing Kratos.)

But here's the glitch that had us laughing for a good 5 minutes afterwards. We're on Dojo, I'm playing Ratchet and my friends are playing Drake and PaRappa. At one point, Drake gets his Level 3 which he of course uses... but then tells me that he still sees us as our characters and not zombies. No big deal, he can still kill us. But then when we respawn after the super, my friend playing PaRappa is invisible. And we can't hurt him, he can only hurt us. We're laughing like crazy because we just see a skateboard and boombox dominating us somehow... and then he throws his boombox in the corner. Instantly, a MASSIVE amount of AP starts flying out for no reason (similar to the glitch but even crazier), we all dash over for free AP, get Level 3 at the same time...

And then all of our games froze.

I just wish I had recorded it.

Evidence that Fin was fake? Neat.

What makes buffs and nerfs especially frustating is how they said they could handle them. They could do it on fly. SO WHY NOT JUST DO WHAT WE ASK? You could immediately put back if thats the case. >_> (Althought this is probably bogus..)

As for specific nerfs:

Raiden and Evils Hit confirms are too good. Especially Evil Cole. ITS GUARENTY KILL.

Kartos and Drake have no weaknesses. NO WEAKNESSES. They can survive about anything and have fast AP. Make their AP gain a lot worse. They can handle it.

And i have played more Jak and come to conclusion. Jak is actually good(ish) character. Just very limited. Amount of moves that are bad are laughable. But i wonder if buffs would make him really good. Hmm.

Big Daddy and Sir Dan ATLEAST need better Level 1. Buff them as best as possible. Faster Little Sister and Horizontaly aimable lightning.

Camjo-Z

Evidence that Fin was fake? Neat.

What makes buffs and nerfs especially frustating is how they said they could handle them. They could do it on fly. SO WHY NOT JUST DO WHAT WE ASK? You could immediately put back if thats the case. >_> (Althought this is probably bogus..)

As for specific nerfs:

Raiden and Evils Hit confirms are too good. Especially Evil Cole. ITS GUARENTY KILL.

Kartos and Drake have no weaknesses. NO WEAKNESSES. They can survive about anything and have fast AP. Make their AP gain a lot worse. They can handle it.

And i have played more Jak and come to conclusion. Jak is actually good(ish) character. Just very limited. Amount of moves that are bad are laughable. But i wonder if buffs would make him really good. Hmm.

Big Daddy and Sir Dan ATLEAST need better Level 1. Buff them as best as possible. Faster Little Sister and Horizontaly aimable lightning.

What's funny to me is that they've only done two things in terms of serious balancing, which were the Sackboy nerf and the Raiden/Drake/Kratos nerfs. And all those did were ruin Sackboy, slightly inconvenience Raiden, stop Drake from spamming infinites, and... well it didn't really do anything to Kratos.

This makes me want to come up with a definitive buff/nerf list... I will post it when I am ready for some feedback.

What's funny to me is that they've only done two things in terms of serious balancing, which were the Sackboy nerf and the Raiden/Drake/Kratos nerfs. And all those did were ruin Sackboy, slightly inconvenience Raiden, stop Drake from spamming infinites, and... well it didn't really do anything to Kratos.

This makes me want to come up with a definitive buff/nerf list... I will post it when I am ready for some feedback.

http://puu.sh/1X0RZ

You're welcome. Althought thats bit old... I should update it.
Maybe.... Ill ask everyone here what would be best and i would do Neogaf's Official Buff/Nerf List.

Camjo-Z

Maybe.... Ill ask everyone here what would be best and i would do Neogaf's Official Buff/Nerf List.

You might was to do it in text rather than an image so it's easier to update, but here are my thoughts on some of those changes:

Nariko: The problem with her Level 2 isn't how long it lasts, it's how easy it is to avoid. In 2v2 her partner can put some pressure on so it's harder to dodge, but if you're not fighting with idiots in FFA then they'll all know to run to where she is and stay there until it's done. What she needs to be able to do is shock everyone away like she does at the beginning of the super.

Toro: Doesn't need faster speed, he's already pretty quick. I don't think Toro really needs any changes aside from maybe a buff to his unreliable Level 2, he's honestly one of the more balanced characters in the game.

Kratos: The AP gain is just one reason why he's broken, it's also the speed and range of his attacks. When most characters mash square on you while you're blocking, you can wait until they're done and punish. When Kratos mashes square on you while you're blocking, you can't punish him unless you're really close to him or are another Kratos. He's just too fast and his chains hit you from too far away. He needs to have his square moves slowed down a bit.

Sly Cooper: His nerfs need to go far beyond the supers. For starters: he sacrificed blocking and dodging for invisibility, so if he's going to get a teleport and a counter then THEY CAN'T BE THE BEST ONES IN THE GAME. His counter needs to be less spammable, and there's no reason he should come to wherever you are - have it work like everyone else's where they just lash out at you from short range. His teleport is too fast, it needs to be more like Spike's. And finally, his electric roll is far too safe - it shouldn't bounce off a block. If he whiffs, he should just keep rolling into you until the attack finishes so you can attack.

Drake: In addition to the Level 3 nerf I'd make it so people aren't frozen for a few seconds when he initiates the attack. Everyone else (except Dante but his other supers aren't that great) has to do some work to score their Level 3 kills, he doesn't need to get free kills off his.

And I'm going to add Emmett Graves on there:

Emmett Graves
- Turret gives less AP for breaking
- All drops cause knockback
- Shotgun range slightly increased

You might was to do it in text rather than an image so it's easier to update, but here are my thoughts on some of those changes:

Nariko: The problem with her Level 2 isn't how long it lasts, it's how easy it is to avoid. In 2v2 her partner can put some pressure on so it's harder to dodge, but if you're not fighting with idiots in FFA then they'll all know to run to where she is and stay there until it's done. What she needs to be able to do is shock everyone away like she does at the beginning of the super.

Toro: Doesn't need faster speed, he's already pretty quick. I don't think Toro really needs any changes aside from maybe a buff to his unreliable Level 2, he's honestly one of the more balanced characters in the game.

Kratos: The AP gain is just one reason why he's broken, it's also the speed and range of his attacks. When most characters mash square on you while you're blocking, you can wait until they're done and punish. When Kratos mashes square on you while you're blocking, you can't punish him unless you're really close to him or are another Kratos. He's just too fast and his chains hit you from too far away. He needs to have his square moves slowed down a bit.

Sly Cooper: His nerfs need to go far beyond the supers. For starters: he sacrificed blocking and dodging for invisibility, so if he's going to get a teleport and a counter then THEY CAN'T BE THE BEST ONES IN THE GAME. His counter needs to be less spammable, and there's no reason he should come to wherever you are - have it work like everyone else's where they just lash out at you from short range. His teleport is too fast, it needs to be more like Spike's. And finally, his electric roll is far too safe - it shouldn't bounce off a block. If he whiffs, he should just keep rolling into you until the attack finishes so you can attack.

Drake: In addition to the Level 3 nerf I'd make it so people aren't frozen for a few seconds when he initiates the attack. Everyone else (except Dante but his other supers aren't that great) has to do some work to score their Level 3 kills, he doesn't need to get free kills off his.

And I'm going to add Emmett Graves on there:

Emmett Graves
- Turret gives less AP for breaking
- All drops cause knockback
- Shotgun range slightly increased

I believe i have it in text form. I just made it so that you can see it in one clean picture. Now for those ideas you suggested:

I suppose they could add 'spin move' which sends enemies fly away for Nariko. That would work aswell.

Toro for me feels very sluggish. Minor speed buff in walking speed wouldnt hurt. Especially if they buffed Fat.P's movement from what i heard l:p. And i dont understand with level 2 hate. Its not that bad. Quite good corner and anti-air. Small buff i guess would be fine?

Kratos needs delayness, slowness and less AP gaining. But he will never be nerfed. Biased SSM...

Sly i am kind of ok with. Atleast he has weakness. No rolling, blocking or air-dodging? I have died plenty of times because of those weaknesses. But yeah, delay for counter would be good.

I wish they would remove freezing that Drake's level 3 causes, but i cant see them nerfing that. Also Barrel-AK47gunrun-gunslam combo is way too good. Thats the main reason why Drake gains AP so fast. Delay for barrel and less bouncing and shorter distance.

And Emmett.... I havent played enough or seen enough online ones. I'll wait until i get to know him better.

BeastM0de

Neo Member
I think Kat set a new precedence for top tier characters. More characters need to be brought up to new standards.

Parappa needs his d2 to crumple and more hitstun on his jab to give him 2 hit confirms.
Jak needs a crumple and an upthrow hit confirm. Spikes shoke ball needs to last longer similar to good coles freeze. Not TOO long but long enough for a reliable confirm.

Most of the anti air super users should have an upthrow hitconfirm. These are just a few examples. People wouldn't have so much trouble with "overpowered" characters if their characters had a few more tools for success.

E. Cole is based around his punch. It already got nerfed this patch. It seems to have been nerfed be netcode but nerfed none the less.

I wish Sackboys throw confirm was consistent. His 1 and 2 should be cheaper again. His only problem was the bubble speed but they addressed that AFTER they nerfed the crap out of him multiple times.

I disliked the raiden nerf. He is that good for 1 v 1 anymore. With the addition of OP 1v1 Kat and the nerfing of all other characers I have kind of lost faith in a 1v1 mode. Its clear that superbot had no intention in balancing a 1 v 1 mode. It is a shame since the game is so fun and a handful of characters are ALMOST there but the lack the tools to be competitive.

Camjo-Z

Most of the anti air super users should have an upthrow hitconfirm. These are just a few examples. People wouldn't have so much trouble with "overpowered" characters if their characters had a few more tools for success.

I'm against throw hit confirms, if you're going to get killed then you shouldn't have insult added to injury by losing AP. Good HC's for Level 1 supers should be things like Emmett's side square - somewhat slow and easy to see coming, but still useful if you can pull them off. I would love to see Sir Dan's hammer made into a hit confirm, would actually give the move some use.

Im against any hitconfirms. The only exceptions are for those super that are bad such as Sir Dan's lv1 and Spike's lv2. If they didnt have hit confirms they would be aaaaaawful.

SmithnCo

I think Jak and Dan get too many buffs here, they aren't that bad. They could maybe use one or two more tools to make them more viable in FFA.

I agree about confirms. E. Cole is kinda ridiculous at this point. Same with Raiden and a few others. If there are confirms I'd prefer they be tricky to land like Nariko's or Spike's. (Though Nariko's is almost impossible, she needs a buff)

Zen

Banned

Clockw0rk

Hey dude, I'm sorry to hear you got let go, I don't think anymore would be sad if you stuck around Gaf. Good luck man.

SmithnCo

I think Kat set a new precedence for top tier characters. More characters need to be brought up to new standards.

Is it generally agreed that Kat is very good and Emmett could use a buff? From my experience he is a tad slow to keep up with some of the faster characters. I think if the drops had a knockback radius when they land, it would help a lot. Even if it doesn't grant much AP, it'd get people off your back. His melee is good for the most part but I haven't got much use out of the ground slam; it seems really slow.

Is it generally agreed that Kat is very good and Emmett could use a buff? From my experience he is a tad slow to keep up with some of the faster characters. I think if the drops had a knockback radius when they land, it would help a lot. Even if it doesn't grant much AP, it'd get people off your back. His melee is good for the most part but I haven't got much use out of the ground slam; it seems really slow.

I think that most people agree that Kat is inherently better than Emmett in anything that isn't FFA. She has some really easy hit confirms and all of her Supers are good if not great. Emmett is really awesome if you don't have someone breathing down your neck, and he could really benefit from drop knockback, a longer range on his shotgun and maybe one more decent hitconfirm.

Just my 2 cents.

@SmithnCo Jak and Sir Dan arent bad, they just have too many bad moves. Honestly, no character in this game are bad, its just that some are just way better than others.

Kat seems to be better than Emmett from what i have seen. Kat does seem good, but maybe not top tier. She doesnt feel that cheap. I hate Raiden ,EvilCole ,Drake and Kratos so much more.

Emmett is above average, kind of like PaRappa. But he is too slow with those slow drops and limited ammo.

Whats the deal with 1v1 ranked anyway? There is no way that would be good. EvilCole, Raiden and Kratos are super good. Maximum unbalance mess. Also they'd have to create 1v1 titles i guess.

SmithnCo

Whats the deal with 1v1 ranked anyway? There is no way that would be good. EvilCole, Raiden and Kratos are super good. Maximum unbalance mess. Also they'd have to create 1v1 titles i guess.

Yeah, 1v1 ranked would probably be a mess currently, I'd like unranked though. The game is lacking some features which would flesh it out more, so it'd be nice to have the option without having to invite someone.

I also would've liked to have a blind character select option like SF has, and larger lobbies that you could join in-progress with spectate. It would be sad if a sequel with some of this never comes to pass.

Ploid 3.0

Buncha noobs, Kat is mid tier at best.

1v1 Kat is amazing. 1v1 Emmett is a mess. I know it's not a game designed for 1v1 but that's the main way I played it. I had to drop Emmett. His shotgun range is so bad too. Sometimes my jaw drop open when I miss a close ranged shot, even when I do hit it don't seem worth the trouble. It seem to be made for buying Emmett time to call a drop or to run to a drop for ammo. I wonder if his melee attacks are the same distance or better than the shotgun haha.

Kat: Hard to catch, can stay in the air a lot, don't really need to be on the ground for her combos, can use certain weapons very effectively due to her air dashing (with fish she kind of slides after hitting the ground, giving her more range and mobility with it). Air dodge make sticky bombs wiff so the constantly in the air kat that air dodge most of your magnum shots can safely avoid any successful shotgun sticky. It's just a all around frustrating fight. She has a ton going for her, especially on the super setups (level 1 and 2, level 3 is just good for 1v1).

OmegaZero

That happened to me too they were complaining. "Why do they keep grabbing?"

This happened to me yesterday, except it was against a scrub Dante:

"What the fuck, stop blocking!"

*gets him in a combo*

"Son of a bitch, are you hacking?"

He didn't even send me a rage message. :(

SmithnCo

Kat: Hard to catch, can stay in the air a lot, don't really need to be on the ground for her combos, can use certain weapons very effectively due to her air dashing (with fish she kind of slides after hitting the ground, giving her more range and mobility with it). Air dodge make sticky bombs wiff so the constantly in the air kat that air dodge most of your magnum shots can safely avoid any successful shotgun sticky. It's just a all around frustrating fight. She has a ton going for her, especially on the super setups (level 1 and 2, level 3 is just good for 1v1).

Also, double sided throw with combo potential afterwards. Relatively easy super confirms if you can get projectiles out. Easy AP limit combos off of most of her openers and fast AP gain in general.

Top Bottom