• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

TheMink

I wouldn't be posting here otherwise, would I? :V Kat's announcement pretty much upturned my decision to "overlook" all the crap I'm still bitter about. 'least the gameplay's good.

K cool, you want to do Radec too then?

The write up will include match ups and combos and such.

Oh and I will find a AP limit combo with Fatty P and share it when I do. Ugh, she is such a fun character, gonna be hard to give up, but everyone else looks like so much fun as well. It is actually daunting thinking about using, learning, and mastering all of the characters.

Noi

K cool, you want to do Radec too then?

The write up will include match ups and combos and such.

I'll get back to you on that. I only played Radec because he was the only character I liked in the beta, so I'd have to see what changes the retail games brings.

TheMink

^no problem

Oh and I will find a AP limit combo with Fatty P and share it when I do. Ugh, she is such a fun character, gonna be hard to give up, but everyone else looks like so much fun as well. It is actually daunting thinking about using, learning, and mastering all of the characters.

Yeah everyone should find one if its possible for their character btw.

Gorillaz

Newegg for $47

ZoX3e.png

That has to be someone on Gaf.....I've been following that parody account and it seems like a gaffer would have made it.

Noi

What were you bitter about?

I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty about it cause I'd rather not be a negative nancy on the eve on the game's launch, but I think Superbot could have done a much better job on nearly every aspect of the game, except the core gameplay which is fantastic. The free DLC character announcements do a bit to rectify my feelings, but it's a bit late given the broken down roller coaster that the lead-up and marketing for this game has been.

Noi

stop being such a debbie downer noi

we need to win this tourney AND THAT WON'T HAPPEN IF YOU'RE SO DOWN

I'm down... to get this game.

'sides, we chose not to waste time picking a silly team name. That already gives us a leg up on the competition!

And Noi is just tsundere for this game :3.

Considering how much my feelings towards it raced to the opposite ends up the spectrum in the past few months, that's pretty accurate.

cyborg009

Banned
I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty about it cause I'd rather not be a negative nancy on the eve on the game's launch, but I think Superbot could have done a much better job on nearly every aspect of the game, except the core gameplay which is fantastic. The free DLC character announcements do a bit to rectify my feelings, but it's a bit late given the broken down roller coaster that the lead-up and marketing for this game has been.

No problem, lets just enjoy the game together.

TheMink

I'm down... to get this game.

'sides, we chose not to waste time picking a silly team name. That already gives us a leg up on the competition!

Considering how much my feelings towards it raced to the opposite ends up the spectrum in the past few months, that's pretty accurate.

Me and J didnt either, someone just gave us a name lol

TP

Can a single save file be transferred between both versions of the game or does each version have its own save file?

vg260

possibly stupid question but have they said if the pre-order costumes will be available as DLC later?

I don't think they said, but I don't think there's ever been a pre-order bonus hat has not eventually been DLC. They'd be throwing away money otherwise.

I dont want to do Dan anymore. I just am not good with combos and dont want to do a bad job :(

I can do Dan if you really don't want to. Mind you that he doesn't seem very combo heavy, there is in-game combo tutorial and I'd likely do just as bad job :3.

This game forever makes me skeptical about pre-order costume DLC. :mad:
They knew everyone would get em thru homebrew hoops anyway :lol. Besides there are way more cool custom skins floating around!

KalBalboa

Banned
I don't think they said, but I don't think there's ever been a pre-order bonus hat has not eventually been DLC. They'd be throwing away money otherwise.

Almost every pre-order DLC this gen have become available later on.

edit: beaten

Ghostbusters had 4 pieces of exclusive retailer DLC that never made the rounds on XBLA/PSN. You had to buy the game from multiple retailers or hit eBay to get everything. It was kind of obnoxious.

SSReborn

Make it unranked then. This is easily a highly viable mode and they decide to limit it to friends. If quitting is a problem, punish quitters through timeouts, or bans.

When you play 2v2 or FFA, do you have any other options? Stock? Kill Limit? Time? Gameplay tweaking? Or is that all predetermined.

For 2v2 Stock, are lives linked? Or are they separate and you can kill off a partner making it 2v1?

For the first question are you talking about the ranked mode?

2 v 2 stock lives aren't linked with your partner and when they die it becomes 2 vs 1.

Drencrom

Ghostbusters had 4 pieces of exclusive retailer DLC that never made the rounds on XBLA/PSN. You had to buy the game from multiple retailers or hit eBay to get everything. It was kind of obnoxious.

That's why I said almost :)

I wouldn't worry about this though, very unlikely that they won't release these skins some time after release.

For the first question are you talking about the ranked mode?

2 v 2 stock lives aren't linked with your partner and when they die it becomes 2 vs 1.

Sweeet

What I mean is, can you play matchmake online with different options like Stock, different time limits, Kill Limit, etc.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
In the morning. I know a dude at PSU that'll have his up by 8pm EST. I still need to decide if I'm going to do a joke article or a real review for this.

Considering that the vast majority of the gaming press has been treating this game like a joke since it's announcement, the game needs a real, seriously look into what it is, not what it isn't.

I'll be posting my review a few weeks after release. Once I've spent some significant time with it.

Mr. Fix

Considering that the vast majority of the gaming press has been treating this game like a joke since it's announcement, the game needs a real, seriously look into what it is, not what it isn't.

I'll be posting my review a few weeks after release. Once I've spent some significant time with it.

Try to be as objective as possible with it.

vg260

oohh yeah. Barely recall that. Gotta be one of the few exceptions.

Mr. Fix

That's the point of a review, is it not?

I'm not a fan of Doritos or Mountain Dew.

Ok. I do like Doritos, but Mountain Dew sucks

Awesome. Just keep in mind though, don't judge the game "as the first in the series, or it's potential for future installments/DLC". It's really a bad argument when I see it being tossed around, as if it were just a game made to "test the waters".

Alright, I had my doubts about this game, but I have it preordered on PSN and am definitely ready to play! I don't know whether to jump online and try to grab those online trophies, or start arcade mode.

I'm going to try and Platinum this one.

Dreweyes

Here's what I've got designed so far with the Toro sprites... :)

4qfIz.png

G6izL.png

Feel free to use for avatars!

LIMITED EDITION T-SHIRT / POSTER COMING SOON! ♥

Top Bottom