• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Mr. Fix

Is the preorder on psn supposed to be $59.99 at the checkout? I'm thinking that maybe I'm hitting the wrong item, but there doesn't seem to be any other option.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I haven't played GR yet, but those other two were in the post-demo trailer, so it doesn't matter.

I didn't follow demo trailers or cgi trailer. I meant I was not even motivated for Vita until I tried Gravity Rush on Vita Demo at GameStop. That's what changed my mind, but I am still waiting for Vita to be cheaper.

Going to attempt to have my Vita/PS3 download each of their respective games simultaneously. That way I'll probably get some vita gaming in before the PS3 version is done downloading/installing.

Lren

8192288690_c60d8d062c_z.jpg

GR gettin some recognition lately :3.

It's because of balancing. The game is built around 4 players.

That's always good to see!

Ahhh, true enough.

Mr. Fix

Okay, so I wanna be open to Kat's inclusion, because GR's art looks awesome, and the powers of gravity kind of intrigue me. Problem is, I can never find any end-game videos that showcase all her skills. Anyone got a link to one? Starhawk rep is still bleh though!

btkadams

They already confirmed that we don't have any secret characters.

I don't have the game but Superbot couldn't make it clearer: there are no secret characters.
so what was up with the game description (on amazon/etc.) saying over 20 characters? were they actually talking about dlc that won't even be out until 2013? ......didn't paul gale also say more than 20? did he confirm he was referring to the dlc characters? pretty misleading.

So when was the timeframe for the DLC again?
Early next year right?

Yes. To ease your mind Seth commented that DLC characters are coming along well since they can focus most resources on them so I am fairly confident (or at least hopeful) they will be out in january to get Kat for japanese release.

The question is if there is still 2 hidden DLC characters coming since apparently Kat and Emmett might not be rivals.

Jawmuncher

Yes. To ease your mind Seth commented that DLC characters are coming along well since they can focus most resources on them so I am fairly confident (or at least hopeful) they will be out in january to get Kat for japanese release.

The question is if there is still 2 hidden DLC characters coming since apparently Kat and Emmett might not be rivals.

I'm going to throw my money on that there is.
Since I can't see them doing all this work and then just disregarding Rivals and Story Mode.

softie

Okay, so I wanna be open to Kat's inclusion, because GR's art looks awesome, and the powers of gravity kind of intrigue me. Problem is, I can never find any end-game videos that showcase all her skills. Anyone got a link to one? Starhawk rep is still bleh though!

Have you tried finding the game by search? That's how I pre-ordered mine, at least on the EU-Store.
First I got an error stating that I can't buy the game right now. Then I just logged out of PSN, logged in again and voilà, it was sitting in my DL-List. I didn't even have enough balance for it to buy.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Going to attempt to have my Vita/PS3 download each of their respective games simultaneously. That way I'll probably get some vita gaming in before the PS3 version is done downloading/installing.

I'm downloading the Vita version first, since it's a much smaller download, and I'll be gaming on the Vita the most, then I'll download on my PS3. I'm doing this also because my internet connection sucks, and downloading both at the same time will just make them both take longer.

Mr. Fix

Have you tried finding the game by search? That's how I pre-ordered mine, at least on the EU-Store.
First I got an error stating that I can't buy the game right now. Then I just logged out of PSN, logged in again and voilà, it was sitting in my DL-List. I didn't even have enough balance for it to buy.

I tried to by putting in Playstation in the search bar, but it ended up showing other stuff. The new PS Store is pretty horrid. I'll try it later though! The clock's ticking. :x

fernoca

Even if I can sell the game for $35 or so, I'll have gotten a discount on my Vita game, so it should be worth it. :)
Could be wrong but the way it works; you'll basically pay for an extended rental by doing that.

The Vita version appears on the XMB for you to install after you insert the disc (retail). It is not added to your download history. So, you'll only own the Vita version for as long as you don't delete it.

But seems you don't mind. :p

Jawmuncher

Could be wrong but the way it works; you'll basically pay for an extended rental by doing that.

The Vita version appears on the XMB for you to install after you insert the disc (retail). It is not added to your download history. So, you'll only own the Vita version for as long as you don't delete it.

But seems you don't mind. :p

Is there still a code that's tied to it then?
Wouldn't you be able to back up the game from the vita to PC?
Seriously I am still at a loss as to how the entire thing works.

softie

I tried to by putting in Playstation in the search bar, but it ended up showing other stuff. The new PS Store is pretty horrid. I'll try it later though! The clock's ticking. :x

Yeah you can't find it by trying "Playsta....", just try "Plays" and search it in the list. ;-) :p

Perhaps they were worried a ranked 1v1 would be to exploitable for rank ups?

Make it unranked then. This is easily a highly viable mode and they decide to limit it to friends. If quitting is a problem, punish quitters through timeouts, or bans.

The way 1 v 1 works in this game online at least as far as I'm aware is you go into versus and invite your friend into the game that way. Versus also kind of takes the role of private room as well. You can invite your friends into matches as if they were sitting right beside you. This way you can set any options you please when your playing. I don't think there is a 1 v 1 "ranked" though. So far I've only seen 2 v 2 ranked and 4 player ffa ranked.

When I was playing with Tribal I didn't see any Rematch button but I'm gonna investigate this more today because I did see this in one of those streams they had earlier.

When you play 2v2 or FFA, do you have any other options? Stock? Kill Limit? Time? Gameplay tweaking? Or is that all predetermined.

For 2v2 Stock, are lives linked? Or are they separate and you can kill off a partner making it 2v1?

Top Bottom