• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

TheMink

Everyone whos playing this game right now.

iREnjtS7HhKHn.gif

So how does the game look on PS Vita for those who have booted it up so far? I sadly don't own a PS3 right now, but am considering picking up the Vita version.

Looks and controls fantastically. I own a ps3 and vita, but I think I prefer playing this on the vita. Nearly indistinguishable from the ps3 version

DigitalOp

Banned
I just ripped shit up with Drake..... No joke

A decent match with a new character will put you at Lvl 6...

Kinda makes Arcade a joke if it wasn't for the costumes

SSReborn

I think if you keep taking losses your belt rank goes down but I'm not entirely sure. Something I kind of saw from the corner of my eye.

edit: Yup you definitely go down if you keep losing

KalBalboa

Banned
Played a level 89 Raiden earlier and only lost by 4 kills. Still had an amazing time. Being able to level up in unranked matches is pretty nice.

The best match thus far was my friend and I locally playing against a Ratchet & Jak duo online while we played as Nathan and Sweet Tooth. What a blast.

TheMink

70%

Im going to have to go to sleep though.

Just play it all day tomorrow, had this started downloading an hour earlier (go to hell day one digital) i could be playing right now...

Sponge

Banned
annnnnnnnnnd Im in...

Its been 14 years gentlemen.... 14 years when I first daydreamed about a game like this

Did it end up anything like you imagined? I'd imagine there was more
bandicoot
in what you were dreaming of.

Either way, I'm stuck waiting until tomorrow to pick this game up. Booooo!

DigitalOp

Banned
Holy Hell , Drake is my man

Had a Stock Free For All... didnt know what I was playing till everyone didnt respawn.

It was me against a Sly and 1 v 1 in intense as HELL

He went for a Lvl 1 super in which I rolled back and countered winning the match

That took me from Lvl 9 to Lvl 27

I love this game.

It ended up better Sponge... It ended up better, I really cant complain

libregkd

God damn the wait tomorrow is going to be excruciating. Have classes from 8am-8pm but after that I'm home free for the rest of the week.

Hope to see you guys online!

Argh! My local Target didn't have any All-Stars pre-orders left. The GameStop next to it happened to stay open for the Hitman: Absolution midnight launch, so I tried there, but they said the pre-order costume offer was cut off at 9pm and that they couldn't override that. :(

Oh well. It's my fault for forgetting to pre-order, and they're just costumes in the end. They'll probably be made available on PSN sometime down the line, and I'll get 'em then if they're not too expensive.

DigitalOp

Banned
ITS RADEC TIME

OMFG

White haired Dante Icon.... Thats fucked up capcom

I just got my ass handed to me by Dante...

Radec v Dante is a big no no

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Just beat Ratchet's arcade mode. He is definitely a lot of fun to play as. Very versatile, with some potential for some great tactics using his gadgets.

I probably should have done some practice rounds with him, though, to refamiliarize myself with his moveset.

The game looks and plays beautifully on the Vita. I had my headphones plugged in while my wife watched Law & Order in the bed next to me. Sounded great as well. I love how the digital pad on the Vita feels with this game. I'll probably be sinking a lot of time into Ratchet, but tomorrow I may play as Cole.

I reached rank 11 by the end of Ratchet's arcade mode. I unlocked a costume and a bunch of other stuff I'll look at in a minute. I love, love, love this game. I'm glad I went with the option of digital, as I can't see myself not wanting this on my system for the foreseeable future. It's currently downloading on both of my PS3's. Both will probably be finished by the time I wake up tomorrow. Now, is bed time though, as hard as that is for me to do now that the game is finally in my hands.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
That combo video was really fricking cool. I think my Ratchet combo was better, though. Lol.

This is the longest damn credits sequence, though. It was going before I typed my last post, and is still going while I type this one.

I can't be the only one that felt bad beating the shit out of Sackboy, can I? He's just so damn adorable, but I had to ruin his face with Ratchet. Lol.

EDIT: Are you just tapping the screen? I don't tap on the item, I just brush my thumb really quickly against the bottom right corner of the screen when I move over an item. I haven't had a pick up problem yet.

DigitalOp

Banned
Good Game PSY!!

Damn I gotta take my ass to bed, almost forgot I had work.... damn it!!!

I love this game

Ill catch yall later GAF!

SSReborn

ehhhh some seem super situational. I guess I'm spoiled after seeing the infamous clockwork in action from mvc2/mvc3. While some were definitely nice, a few were like "how are you going to even set this up?".

Those are definitely just their to show off what their combo system is capable of no ways half of those are possible in real play.

I'm having major problems picking up items in the Vita version.

Are trying to get it through "disc benefits"?

Was this patch always there?

(I made it to the start screen!)

Yeah there was a patch when I first popped it in too.

Ken

So how does the free Vita version work? Just use the online pass code in PSN and it will make the Vita version show up as free or something?

Top Bottom