• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

KalBalboa

Banned
The daily challenges are a great idea. This game really always has something for you to do, it seems, and the dopamine-drip factor is as high as some MMOs.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Wait it isn't the same as the beta where all you have to do is touch the screen doesn't really matter where?

Yeah, I just tap the lower right corner of the screen with my thumb while I'm over an item (and the icon is visible over the item and character). Works every time for me.

Edit: Also, I can see myself sinking a lot of time into this game. The single player has a ton of stuff to unlock. I'm very satisfied and impress. Kudos to you, Superbot, and to Bluepoint for doing such a fantastic job on the Vita version.

KalBalboa

Banned
Have any of you gotten the Cross Buy to work on a retail copy yet?

I'm trying to use Disc Benefits but I keep getting "Error 80025A30." There must be something server-side that needs to change.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So uh. How do you match make into a match by yourself thats not 4 person FFA.

Please Please Please Please tell me there is a way.

People are always quick to jump the gun on who is OP or UP so early in the game's life.

Iceman in mvc2 was op. Magneto was UP in mvc2. Sentinel/Arthur/Wesker in mvc3 was OP. Rufus in SF4 was OP. Strange/Wolverine/She-Hulk is UP in mvc3.

Let the game evolve itself and settle in first. Kratos is not blatantly OP like ST akuma or Kabal in MK9. Not even close.

KillerAJD

Played a few matches in the arcade mode with Sir Dan and man is he tough to use, haha. In the first three matches I leveled up just 3 times, and then I played one FFA match against CPU's as Jak and Daxter and leveled up 13 times, haha. Seems pretty decent so far, however the UI is still looks bad, and there only being two modes (that I could see; FFA and Team Battle) is very disappointing. Lots of unlockables, but it doesn't look like much besides cosmetic stuff, which is fine for some people, but I'd have liked to see more. The soundtrack stuff being unlocked for each characters victory music is a very cool touch though. I probably should have waited till the game was cheaper, but I'll get as much out of it as I can with a few friends.

KalBalboa

Banned
Played a few matches in the arcade mode with Sir Dan and man is he tough to use, haha. In the first three matches I leveled up just 3 times, and then I played one FFA match against CPU's as Jak and Daxter and leveled up 13 times, haha. Seems pretty decent so far, however the UI is still looks bad, and there only being two modes (that I could see; FFA and Team Battle) is very disappointing. I probably should have waited till the game was cheaper, but I'll get as much out of it as I can with a few friends.

Well, I'm sure you know about Campaign/Arcade mode, but how about stock fights with kill limits? The challenge modes? Character-specific challenges, bot matches, etc?

IronLich

Have it on my Vita and oh god Heihachi wavedashing is fun and supercool. Being able to EWGF in a Smash-like is the stuff of legends. Thank you, Superbot. You guys made a fun thing.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
PSY・S;44547964 said:
Quick matches.

But that's unranked. How the hell does this even happen. How? How can you have a game where single player is not the focus, and royally completely fuck up ranked multiplayer? In what universe is this acceptable? This isn't the freaking year 2000.

I honestly really really want my money back now. This is unacceptable. What an absolute waste of some great gameplay mechanics. I mean seriously WTF. This (if you combine it with the realization that the single player mode is mostly a second thought) is far far worse than the roster fiasco ever was.

But I know you guys. You live in some sort of bubble where other games don't exist, and will defend it without seeing how every single other fighting game released this generation, including the old school rereleases and the ones on portables have ranked modes that are worth something.

This really freaking sucks. Fuck this game. It deserves every low score it can get.

KalBalboa

Banned
But that's unranked. How the hell does this even happen. How? How can you have a game where single player is not the focus, and royally completely fuck up ranked multiplayer? In what universe is this acceptable? This isn't the freaking year 2000.

I honestly really really want my money back now. This is unacceptable. What an absolute waste of some great gameplay mechanics. I mean seriously WTF. This (if you combine it with the realization that the single player mode is mostly a second thought) is far far worse than the roster fiasco ever was.

But I know you guys. You live in some sort of bubble where other games don't exist, and will defend it without seeing how every single other fighting game released this generation, including the old school rereleases and the ones on portables have ranked modes that are worth something.

This really freaking sucks. Fuck this game. It deserves every low score it can get.

Calm down there, chief. The game has only been out three hours. What exactly are you asking for? 2 v 2 or stock modes online?

My friend and I just played an hour of split screen online multiplayer and had no connection issues and did an even amount of ranked and unranked matches.

mgSy9.jpg

KalBalboa

Banned
My only real queries:

1) How to change the main menu background?
2) What steps do we take to claim Emmett Graves & Kat?
3) When will the Vita version be downloadable through retail copies of the PS3 disc?

Ken

So um...how do you win in this game? Just get your super to level 3 and win? I'm also not sure how to get kills or even when I do I don't know that I got a kill; went into "Overtime" 3 times messing around not sure what to do. Raiden is really fun though.

Can you only get kills with supers? There doesn't seem to be a % thing where it's easier to KO characters like in Smash.

Loudninja

So um...how do you win in this game? Just get your super to level 3 and win? I'm also not sure how to get kiils or even when I do; went into "Overtime" 3 times messing around not sure what to do. Raiden is really fun though.

Can you only get kills with supers?
Yes only supers,you use lv1 lv2 and lv3 supers to kill.

KillerAJD

Well, I'm sure you know about Campaign/Arcade mode, but how about stock fights with kill limits? The challenge modes? Character-specific challenges, bot matches, etc?

I've not tried the challenge stuff quite yet, but none of it is multiplayer, so it doesn't interest me much anyways. As far as the stock fights, that's perfectly fine, but it's not like it changes the gameplay in any significant way. I know it's not supposed to be other games, but where's the "wacky" stuff, the minigames, the goofy game modes, or any real game mode options even (gravity, damage, etc.)! None of that is there, and with the very bland UI, it makes it seem very sparse. Like I said, I'll get my money out of it, especially with friends, but hopefully we'll see some improvements with either patches or DLC, otherwise I see myself seeing everything worth seeing in a month and moving on if the gameplay doesn't hook me.

Vysetron

Neo Member

calm_down.jpg

prwxv3

Oh man. just wait until Reviews pop up folks we might have ourselves some meltdowns coming.

Mr. Fix

So what's the point of level 3 supers if 1 bar will kill? Or is it only apparent when playing with 4 people (only playing with 2 ATM).

Level 1s are mostly able to be thrown into a combo for a guaranteed kill. Level 2s are typically better (not in all cases) in that it nets you more kills. Level 3s net more kills, but it's also possible not to get as many as you would with a level 2 or even 1 unless you know how to use it.

KalBalboa

Banned
So what's the point of level 3 supers if 1 bar will kill? Or is it only apparent when playing with 4 people (only playing with 2 ATM).

Level 2 and 3 supers are better for guaranteed kills and can usually take out multiple enemies. Sometimes you can go an entire fight never landing a level 1 if the opponent is crafty. It's all risk/ reward.

Top Bottom