• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Ken

Level 1s are mostly able to be thrown into a combo for a guaranteed kill. Level 2s are typically better (not in all cases) in that it nets you more kills. Level 3s net more kills, but it's also possible not to get as many as you would with a level 2 or even 1 unless you know how to use it.

By guaranteed kills do you mean using it as a part of a combo or something? I only played a few minutes and it seemed like I killed anyone I hit with Raiden's level 1, but Radec's level 1 is harder to hit since he just stands in place and pulls out a weapon to shoot? So I would have to weave Radec's level 1 into a combo for it to land versus Raiden where I can just run around trying to hit someone? Pretty interesting; will put some more time into it later.

Mr. Fix

Nope people on your friends list.

Ah. In which case I can totally get why anyone would be angry with this. I know teams is the focus for the online, but the option to play solo/1 on 1 should have been available.

By guaranteed kills do you mean using it as a part of a combo or something? I only played a few minutes and it seemed like I killed anyone I hit with Raiden's level 1, but Radec's level 1 is harder to hit since he just stands in place and pulls out a weapon to shoot? So I would have to weave Radec's level 1 into a combo for it to land versus Raiden where I can just run around trying to hit someone? Pretty interesting; will put some more time into it later.

I'm not sure Radec can combo into his level 1. Any user that has a move that stuns an opponent is pretty much a certain kill if you throw your super right after it.

KalBalboa

Banned
By guaranteed kills do you mean using it as a part of a combo or something? I only played a few minutes and it seemed like I killed anyone I hit with Raiden's level 1, but Radec's level 1 is harder to hit since he just stands in place and pulls out a weapon to shoot? So I would have to weave Radec's level 1 into a combo for it to land versus Raiden where I can just run around trying to hit someone?

There are some less obvious factors going into all supers, really. Some take longer to build, some are easier to execute, and others are speedier to pull off. Each character has their own feel and benefits in terms of building AP and execution.

Ken

There are some less obvious factors going into all supers, really. Some take longer to build, some are easier to execute, and others are speedier to pull off. Each character has their own feel and benefits in terms of building AP and execution.

Is there anything like a wiki around for combos or more in depth stuff for every character?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
mgSy9.jpg

Well when it doesn't have the sole feature left that I cared about, which was semi-promised prelaunch and is pretty damned standard within the genre why shouldn't I be upset?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Nope not yet!

thepotatoman post was pretty sad.

Yeah? Why was that? Because I happen to annoyed with something you happen to like?

Maybe I went to far saying I hoped the game gets bad reviews. But after so much talk about hoping the game got good reviews I began to start thinking that it was normal to want all reviews to conform to your own opinion.

Its not like I ever told you to stop enjoying it.

KalBalboa

Banned
Yeah? Why was that? Because I happen to annoyed with something you happen to like?

Maybe I went to far saying I hoped the game gets bad reviews. But after so much talk about hoping the game got good reviews I began to start thinking that it was normal to want all reviews to conform to your own opinion.

Its not like I ever told you to stop enjoying it.

What specifically are you pissed about? Do you want a filter when playing versus for stock, 1v1, and other matches?

Vysetron

Neo Member
Like KalBalboa I'm not sure what feature you are talking about.

Pretty sure he means ranked 1v1s. I can understand being frustrated with that not being included, but I honestly don't remember them saying they'd be available as anything other than player matches. If they did then it's a shame, but otherwise eeehh.

Kurod

Banned
Haha just beat Toro story and unlocked his alt costume. His "ninja" costume alt is Punk Toro complete with mohawk. His "oni" costume alt is Disco Toro complete with afro. Haha

Pretty sure he means ranked 1v1s. I can understand being frustrated with that not being included, but I honestly don't remember them saying they'd be available as anything other than player matches. If they did then it's a shame, but otherwise eeehh.

If that is what he wanted it is indeed wrong game for him. We have known that there wouldn't be ranked 1on1 for quite a while now tho.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What specifically are you pissed about? Do you want a filter when playing versus for stock, 1v1, and other matches?

That the only ranked option is FFA unless you schedule time with a partner, which not everyone can do because life is not always easy to schedule.

FFA is fine and all, but its no way to do ranked matches with how chaotic it can be. I should also note that all would have been forgiven if I could say the single player was the reason to buy the game, but that was supposed to be exactly the opposite.

Even if they determined that 1v1 was unbalanceable, at least allow ranked random 2v2 teams. It wouldn't be ideal, but its not ideal for other games too, and its still an option at least.

EDIT: and i knew no 1v1 was very possible, but no random matchmaking for 2v2 really threw me back. I know that wasn't an option in the beta but a lot of things weren't an option in the beta.

KillerAJD

I don't think he's mad that they may have promised and not delivered, and is more upset that it's not even an option in the first place. I'm having some of the same thoughts in that there is a very limited amount of mode and mode combinations, whether it's in ranked or player matches.

Mr. Fix

Whats going on with the preorder dlc for digital buyers? Does anyone have it?

I'm wondering about this too. A ton of people can't seem to find it.

I don't think he's mad that they may have promised and not delivered, and is more upset that it's not even an option in the first place. I'm having some of the same thoughts in that there is a very limited amount of mode and mode combinations, whether it's in ranked or player matches.

1v1 ranked should be an obvious playlist to throw in, honestly. Not sure why they didn't include it.

We can still play 2v2 on ranked with a friend, right?

tribal24

Banned
PSy i got the invite btw we will play tommorrow. I'll invite you on the stream if im free at the time. Sir Dan FTW for anyone thinking he is to hard to play with keep at him, his gameplay style is fun.

That the only ranked option is FFA unless you schedule time with a partner, which not everyone can do because life is not always easy to schedule.

FFA is fine and all, but its no way to do ranked matches with how chaotic it can be. I should also note that all would have been forgiven if I could say the single player was the reason to buy the game, but that was supposed to be exactly the opposite.

Even if they determined that 1v1 was unbalanceable, at least allow ranked random 2v2 teams. It wouldn't be ideal, but its not ideal for other games too, and its still an option at least.

You can always get gaffers to play with you if you need somebody for 2vs2. In the beta there was always someone willing to play.

We actually had a chatroom where people gathered, dunno if people with the game are still using it.

Yes.

SSReborn

I'm wondering about this too. A ton of people can't seem to find it.

1v1 ranked should be an obvious playlist to throw in, honestly. Not sure why they didn't include it.

Yeah it works the same way it worked in the beta.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You can always get gaffers to play with you if you need somebody for 2vs2. In the beta there was always someone willing to play.

yeah, and I hope I'm not making enemies over it. That's not my intention. I'm just using gaf like its meant to be used and discussing how i feel about the game that's being talked about. Rants about game design is what I do, so don't take it personal (not you napalm but to people in general).

Besides, sometimes I like just hitting the search button and not having to set things up and not having to care about my partner in between matches, like if something makes me need to pause for 5-10 minutes in between matches.

That's not my number one complaint, but the one two punch of the ranked mode stuff and seeing 1v1 not in the quick match option certainly didn't make things easier.

yeah, and I hope I'm not making enemies over it. That's not my intention. I'm just using gaf like its meant to be used and discussing how i feel about the game that's being talked about. Rants about game design is what I do, so don't take it personal (not you napalm but to people in general).

Besides, sometimes I like just hitting the search button and not having to set things up and not having to care about my partner in between matches, like if something makes me need to pause for 5-10 minutes in between matches.

That's not my number one complaint, but the one two punch of the ranked mode stuff and seeing 1v1 not in the quick match option certainly didn't make things easier.

I'm not the kind of guy to take other peoples opinions over videogames personally, even if that is using gaf like its meant to be used ;).

LOVE the player trash talking

Had someone kill Cole, make a snarky comment, only to have Cole respawn, instantly avenge himself, and say something snarky back. Felt so natural

If I can't cross save before my 8 hour long excursion tomorrow...Not gonna be happy. Hopefully somebody figures it out

Side note: This game is amazing. Loving every second

Hmm, I guess I wasn't seeing it much because it was a beta. But does this game feel extremely cheap to anyone else? The gameplay is excellent and I love it. But everything else feels like a cheap knockoff... the menu is so ugly! And its stuck as Fat Princess. How do you change?
isit just me or are the grunts extremely quiet?

This whole game feels oddly quiet... the beta seemed more intense. Sometimes the music goes quiet in character select and it's awkward.

Ran rp

My ownly issue with the vita is that if you accidentally let it sleep or going to the live area disconnects you from the server. You're still signed into PSN but it kicks you out anyway.

SSReborn

Hmm, I guess I wasn't seeing it much because it was a beta. But does this game feel extremely cheap to anyone else? The gameplay is excellent and I love it. But everything else feels like a cheap knockoff... the menu is so ugly! And its stuck as Fat Princess. How do you change?

Changes everytime the game boots.

Top Bottom