• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Noi

I just found out Cole's can hang on the side of the wall while firing tickle bolts. Why on why are the bolt shots so harmless, they have no hit stun and when you hit a few times you crowd control yourself and the enemy lining you both up to get smashed.

Come on Clockwork you know it's true! Is there a point to stunning the enemy while you yourself is stunned as well anyway? You don't get more AP for that last hit. Good cole might as well just use the ice ball for that.

Seriously, the only time I've ever landed all the lightning bolts is on an AI on the lowest difficulty. Everyone else will just walk up and smack you for using the move.

Alright, I'm ready to play. Someone send me an invite!

Grinchy

Banned
I played with my brother for a little while earlier. I played only as Sackboy. This game is really awesome, and I really want it, but $60 is out of my budget atm.

KevinCow

Banned
I was just playing with SmithnCo online.

He's Sackboy and does his level 2.

Game zooms in on him... then glitches. Nobody except him can move, and he can't hit anyone. Time's still ticking down, though.

Specter, in the background of the Ape Escape stage, screams, "You ruined everything!"

Ploid 3.0

Seriously, the only time I've ever landed all the lightning bolts is on an AI on the lowest difficulty. Everyone else will just walk up and smack you for using the move.

Alright, I'm ready to play. Someone send me an invite!

I want to play with gaf, send me a invite. Ploid = PSN

I was just playing with SmithnCo online.

He's Sackboy and does his level 2.

Game zooms in on him... then glitches. Nobody except him can move, and he can't hit anyone. Time's still ticking down, though.

Specter, in the background of the Ape Escape stage, screams, "You ruined everything!"

Oh. You were the one with smithnco. I was the one who used raiden earlier. :D god I suck at this game.

Noi

PSY・S;44621950 said:
Me too! I'm getting online.

Your name is a pain in the ass to type in, haha.

Edit: Gah, Psy's on a Vita so I can't see him on my friend list. He's gonna have to invite us.

Kurod

Banned
Okay. Kuma is pretty cool when used against fewer people and on smaller stages. I noticed now that sometimes he leaves green fart clouds around him that kill.

Kouichi

Messed around in training and found two consistent ways to combo into level 1 with Good Cole.

Ground/Air Square down (Thunder Drop) --> O forward (Ice rocket) --> Dash forward --> Level 1
This one only works if you either do the thunder drop on the ground or when you do it when you're not too high in the air.

O down (Ice barrier) --> Dash forward --> Level 1
This combo is really good and super easy to connect. The only down side is that the ice barrier attack comes out a little slow.

Try them out in training mode.

Ran rp

Your name is a pain in the ass to type in, haha.

Edit: Gah, Psy's on a Vita so I can't see him on my friend list. He's gonna have to invite us.

Shouldn't you be able to see me on the in game friend's list? I swear other ps3 players have been able to.

Well, this might end up being a game of extremes for me. My brother and I had a lot of fun yesterday. Today? Not at all. It was like fun went flying out the window and the game became a chore to play. I usually don't have such extremes in fighting games and this was just a complete reversal from yesterday. Where are the smiles and laughing? Gone. My brother and I hopped on a few 2v2 matches and each and every match was infuriating... the other players were just ridiculously good, massively high rank or twin characters like Radec, which is a pain in the ass. We joined a game where it was my brother as Raiden and myself as Nariko, against Raiden and Nariko. Despite the big 4P above my name, it was a nightmare to keep track of my character, especially when the level Alden's Tower. We aren't expecting to hop in a destroy, but some fun would be nice today. Man, this game was frustrating today. Still like it, but wow.

Hell, going through practice stuff was painful. Hopefully this is just a one off case of pure suck. I'll hop back in tomorrow and hopefully shake this off.

Aside from that, I love the amount of unlockable stuff for each character. Really fun unlocking a new taunt or intro for some reason.

Ploid 3.0

PSY・S;44622208 said:
Shouldn't you be able to see me on the in game friend's list? I swear other ps3 players have been able to.

On my Flist you appear to be offline. Red x but no time since online text.

Noi

PSY・S;44622208 said:

Yeah, had to restart the whole game to do so. The quirks on PS3/Vita connectivity are still kinda eh.

Noi

This is partially why I had it set to timed. Psy and Ploid haven't landed a super in 5 minutes. and still have 4 stock each ._.

KevinCow

Banned
God damn that last match was intense Kevin!

It was ridiculous. Supers flying everywhere in the last 30 seconds. Double kills galore. I had no idea if we won.

Anyway, I'm done for tonight, but we make a pretty awesome team. It seems our general strategy of me acting as a punching bag while you build your level 3 from afar works quite well.

Fou-Lu

I'm loving this game, can't wait for the Kat addition. Hope DLC stages will also be in the works. (I'm also hoping we get DLC announcers at some point, the standard one annoys the hell out of me)

SmithnCo

It was ridiculous. Supers flying everywhere in the last 30 seconds. Double kills galore. I had no idea if we won.

Anyway, I'm done for tonight, but we make a pretty awesome team. It seems our general strategy of me acting as a punching bag while you build your level 3 from afar works quite well.

For a punching bag, you sure get a ton of kills too, lol. But yeah, I'm done for today too.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
PSY・S;44620206 said:
Yup. Such a waste of a mash-up.

And the Metal gear icons suck too. They're all just Raiden posing against a white background. What the hell?

Eh, I think the Franzea mash up is fine. I do wish it was mashed up with SOTC or something like PixelJunk series, but what are you going to do?

And yeah, the Raiden icons are fucking lame. Even the DmC icons had characters from the entire series. I was hoping to see some icons of Raiden, Big Boss, The Boss, Solid Snake, Iriquois Plisken, Otacon, some MGS Rising character like Sam, The Colonel, etc. Instead, yup, just Raiden posing on the white background. Easily the worst icons in the entire game. I was pretty disappointed with that.

I'm really eager to see more DLC. Not just characters, but the potential for other game modes being added in via DLC is great. I'm also hoping they do some kind of DLC that adds a cinematic viewer, and some kind of character museum. Even if it's just to rotate the character models around and view their costumes. I was disappointed that the customize character option didn't let you rotate the model, so you could see the costumes from all sides.

Thankfully, in this day of DLC and patches, a lot more can be added to the game. I'm sure we'll get some free stuff (like Kat and Emmett), and perhaps some paid stuff (like additional modes, and DLC from third parties that don't want to give them away for free).

I've beat 11 of the 20 Arcade modes so far, and I'm having a great time. I really love the Evil Cole/Fat Princess rivalry cutscenes. Evil Cole is such an asshole. lol.

Thoraxes

Dat Raiden.

1ELwt.jpg

Top Bottom