• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Noi

Man the Franzea stage is so beautiful until the ugly MGS mix. The crossover does nothing for me.

Seriously. What could have been:

8EFlK.jpg

Mr. Fix

Is there a way to always get the crumple finisher with Cole's Neutral Square attack? Directions don't do shit, and I hate to think that the finisher is always random.

I've never played Cole before, but it sounds like it has to do with the timing.

PSY・S;44620280 said:
Really? What about the actual gameplay?

Stages look great, however my friends and I find ourselves fighting the stage itself like half the time.

Noi

I've never played Cole before, but it sounds like it has to do with the timing.

That's what I thought, but timing doesn't do it either. Delaying the finisher still gets me a random finisher, and I still get the crumple finisher sometimes by just mashing square as fast as possible. :/

Ran rp

I should play as other characters but I'm afraid, lol. Outside of the beta characters I've only tried Nariko and Raiden.

Duffyside

Banned
I'm a big fan of the way the character and their corresponding background/effects change at the main menu every time you start it up. I've been letting that choose who I play through on Story Mode, as I try to pick my favorite characters for online whenever I get around to trying that out.

But as far as the game goes... I'm not loving it, that's for sure. It moves incredibly slow, and the moves/sound effects don't have any impact. The only real satisfaction I've had in executing a move has been in getting more kills than maybe I "should" with a Super, but building meter to do so has never been much fun. I'm hoping some combo training will change my mind, but no matter how deep those go, I'll never get that awesome feeling in Smash where I unloaded a fully charged Donkey Kong punch, or landed that Luigi uppercut, or even swung a bat or threw a bomb at just the right moment.

WatTsu

Just tried to get some information on the lack of Amazon pre-order bonus codes and they did not have an answer. I have been forwarded to the promotions and marketing department, so I would be surprised to hear anything this week.

Minor annoyance, honestly. It's more puzzling than frustrating. It's like a strange mystery that I must see solved.

Man

Wonder if the rivalry between Sir Daniel and Radec is imitating the friendly contestation between SCE UK & Guerrilla Games.
Sony Cambridge (where Medievil was developed I believe) is Guerrilla Cambridge these days and working on the PSVita Killzone.

Edit: Also both David Jaffe creations (Kratos & Sweetthooth) are rivals.

Ran rp

I actually haven't seen too many Raidens countering into a lvl 1. Most of them just miss. That hitbox is still ridiculous, but I didn't know it was that big of a problem.

Grisby

PSY・S;44620280 said:
Really? What about the actual gameplay?
That's fun too but nothing original or special. My original comment was a bit of a joke but the stages are still the most impressive thing to me about the game so far. It is also fun to pair Sackboy against Raiden or some other crazy character combination.

I'm about halfway through Narikos challenges and going to hop online more tomorrow.

Also, the minions look like the stuff from nightmares. Uuuuugly. At least the Kai doll is.

Ploid 3.0

Is there a way to always get the crumple finisher with Cole's Neutral Square attack? Directions don't do shit, and I hate to think that the finisher is always random.

Did you hit down + square in those combos whey you stunned? That move does a stun. Try it in practice mode. Keep doing the same square square square and see if it does the crumple with no directions. Maybe you just got in a down + square those times.

who's worse

Nariko can be as beast. I hate going against her XD

I love raiden cause he plays fast. I'd use dante if he had more speed in him. His triangle moves are so useless (not really. i just dont know how to take advantage of the whole cancel moves yada yada) whereas Raidens triangle is so boss in the air.

Still trying my best to learn Raiden. :p

Noi

Did you hit down + square in those combos whey you stunned? That move does a stun. Try it in practice mode. Keep doing the same square square square and see if it does the crumple with no directions. Maybe you just got in a down + square those times.

Negative. Square Square Down Square doesn't work, nor does Up Square or Side Square. He has 3 different finishers, one that knocks to the side, one that leaves them in place, and one that crumples, and he always does a random one no matter what I do. It's kinda frustrating cause the crumple sets me up for either a super or a good AP combo, but I can't rely on it cause I can't force it to happen. :/

Down Square isn't what I mean, it's the finisher he does at the end of his neutral square chain. I can't get it to always do the one I want, so I think it's just random (which blows).

Thoraxes

PSY・S;44620742 said:
Woah woah woah, how is Nariko worse? :p

Maybe it was the level I played, but I just did not get her at all. I'll try her more, but for now like, she just feels a little too slow and her attacks aren't too impactful. I think part of my problem is just subconsciously I keep wanting her to be more like Kratos maybe, and I know this line of thinking is totally wrong, but I can't stop it :/

I will give her a closer look soon, but for now she just feels really sluggish. Yet again, I have yet to play against a good Nariko too though :p

GGs, TimeEffect! I think I used every non-beta character once!

Oh, and that Nariko vs. Dino match was a real nailbiter! How long'd it go on for, 15 minutes?

Kouichi

I've spent tons of time in training mode trying to figure out how the Amp finishers work. I eventually gave up and concluded that it is random. I wonder if the strategy guide knows though.

Ran rp

Maybe it was the level I played, but I just did not get her at all. I'll try her more, but for now like, she just feels a little too slow and her attacks aren't too impactful. I think part of my problem is just subconsciously I keep wanting her to be more like Kratos maybe, and I know this line of thinking is totally wrong, but I can't stop it :/

I will give her a closer look soon, but for now she just feels really sluggish. Yet again, I have yet to play against a good Nariko too though :p

That's exactly what I thought. I didn't like her at first until I realized that you really need to learn her entire moveset and how to effectively combo the living hell out everyone. She can be as fast and mobile as Kratos but she's more technical and it takes time to master her.

Noi

I've spent tons of time in training mode trying to figure out how the Amp finishers work. I eventually gave up and concluded that it is random. I wonder if the strategy guide know.

That blows. And I'd almost found a new character I could find some stuff to work with...

Man, Sir Dan. That feel when every new character I play that isn't him plays a million times better than you do. Why do your moves blow so much. :/

Wtf is up with the matchmaking? Me and my brother are lvl 10s playing lvl 186??

There's no Matchmaking. Levels are purely for show, you're gonna get matched up with whoever.

PSY・S;44621048 said:
Ehh, the levels don't mean all that much. It's more of a measure of how long you've been using a character, imo. Everyone levels up pretty quickly.

yup. my dantes level 200 and i suck so bad.

edit: and yup, i do wayy better with 1v1. i get so confused with everything else. haha!

GGs, TimeEffect! I think I used every non-beta character once!

Oh, and that Nariko vs. Dino match was a real nailbiter! How long'd it go on for, 15 minutes?

Yeah man lol. U are incredible, dude, I just can not get a grasp on you.

I much prefer timed 1v1. That much was long as hell but I really enjoyed it haha.

Ploid 3.0

Negative. Square Square Down Square doesn't work, nor does Up Square or Side Square. He has 3 different finishers, one that knocks to the side, one that leaves them in place, and one that crumples, and he always does a random one no matter what I do. It's kinda frustrating cause the crumple sets me up for either a super or a good AP combo, but I can't rely on it cause I can't force it to happen. :/

Down Square isn't what I mean, it's the finisher he does at the end of his neutral square chain. I can't get it to always do the one I want, so I think it's just random (which blows).

Yep it's totally random. Just did it a ton of times in practice with cole and evil cole.

Noi

I'll be ready to play against some of you gents as soon as I finish this arcade romps. Just gotta fight rival + polygon.

Yeah man lol. U are incredible, dude, I just can not get a grasp on you.

I much prefer timed 1v1. That much was long as hell but I really enjoyed it haha.

Big daddy's lvl 2 sucks ass. Actually everything but his lvl 3 sucks for me right now

Oh, you. You're pretty darn good too; I had to pull out all of my cheap hit 'n' run tactics to beat you.

Also, I'm pretty sure I play the most annoying Sackgirl in the world ;P

BruceLeeroy, try using mainly his shoulder tackle and BEEEEEEEEES for his Level 2, and chain into his Level 1 with Circle forward.

Mr. Fix

Big daddy's lvl 2 sucks ass. Actually everything but his lvl 3 sucks for me right now

His level 1's great if you're on top of a platform and you use it off ledge. I actually like his 2, you can always use his Up Circle (the mini whirlwind) to hit enemies above and in front of him, as that seems to be his weak spot.

Also, low jumps + his stun move (Side Circle) is the best for enemies on the ground (abuse this!), after which you could follow up with his charge attack (Side Triangle). He's really good at controlling space, so don't forget to use his Ice attack (Down Circle) when you're in the air.

TheMink

Oh, you. You're pretty darn good too; I had to pull out all of my cheap hit 'n' run tactics to beat you.

BruceLeeroy, try using mainly his shoulder tackle and BEEEEEEEEES for his Level 2, and chain into his Level 1 with Circle forward.

Yeah, side triangle, its amazing bruce

Dude, Sackboy in a 1v1 is god-class. My Heihachi cant touch that. I need a guy with good range or guns. I fear Sackboy most

is there a leaderboard for this game?

Yes, based on a season mode

Ha couldn't have been me I suck so bad.
Is the tackle his forward triangle move? What's Beees?? Oh man I know nothing

Ploid 3.0

I just found out Cole's can hang on the side of the wall while firing tickle bolts. Why on why are the bolt shots so harmless, they have no hit stun and when you hit a few times you crowd control yourself and the enemy lining you both up to get smashed.

Come on Clockwork you know it's true! Is there a point to stunning the enemy while you yourself is stunned as well anyway? You don't get more AP for that last hit. Good cole might as well just use the ice ball for that.

Hey someone I got him, hit us now!!!

Top Bottom