• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Tagg9

I keep trying out new characters, but I seem to suck as everyone except Kratos.

Someone help me! I feel bad using him because he seems like such a cheap character, but I can't figure out how to stop using him as a crutch.

tribal24

Banned
I keep trying out new characters, but I seem to suck as everyone except Kratos.

Someone help me! I feel bad using him because he seems like such a cheap character, but I can't figure out how to stop using him as a crutch.

use who you want no one is "cheap" yet just have fun.

KalBalboa

Banned
PSY・S;44623622 said:
It's 2 am and I've got my door open. I've also got people sleeping in the hallway. That's where are only source of heat is, lol.

Good point. We did pretty damn good in 2 v 2, I must say.

Thoraxes

So does anyone know how to transfer saves between Vita to PS3 and vice versa?

My ranks crossed over to the Vita but wouldn't go back to my PS3.

depward

So gutted at the absolute lack of stat tracking in this game. Asked in the old thread and someone provided a screenshot of a supposed stat page.

I want to see KOs done by character, time played, matches win, etc :(

2v2 is good fun but against two kratos players is crap.

So gutted at the absolute lack of stat tracking in this game. Asked in the old thread and someone provided a screenshot of a supposed stat page.

I want to see KOs done by character, time played, matches win, etc
:(

2v2 is good fun but against two kratos players is crap.

Yes please. Would be so nice.
Still don't know what SPM stands for...where's my KDR? Haha

Mandius

The game is unplayable for me online in NZ. I can find games but then get dropped almost immediately.

The lack of regional filtering sucks.

Ran rp

Mwahahahaha

LOL. He's now the only character I have a problem with when used by a skilled player. Raiden's isn't that big a deal to me because it's east to predict and roll away from. But Dan's stuns you in the air and there is no recovery or dodging from that because his lvl 1 is too quick. It's basically a confirmed kill once the combo begins.

Noi

PSY・S;44624212 said:
Sir San's arrow into lvl 1 will get you every time. It's as bad as Raiden's lvl 1.

You're comparing a level 1 that stays out for 4 seconds, hits all around Raiden and can move versus a single bolt that hits diagonally doesn't hit in front of me, doesn't hit small enemies and is barely there for half a second. I'm lucky enough that Arrow > Level 1 DOES work, since it means there's actually a situation where I can use it.

PSY・S;44624389 said:
LOL. He's now the only character I have a problem with when used by a skilled player. Raiden's isn't that big a deal to me because it's east to predict and roll away from. But Dan's stuns you in the air and there is no recovery or dodging from that because his lvl 1 is too quick. It's basically a confirmed kill once the combo begins.

You can air dodge the moment I lift you up and the arrow will miss, it's not a combo. I'm taking advantage of the fact that the air recovery puts you right in the arrow's path.

PSY・S;44624236 said:
Would have been nice if you didn't use that combo every time, but yeah, good games.

How many combos does Dan have that can let me win in 1v1? :V

2v2 Stock is soooooo good. Oh man, last man on team, both enemies have 2/3 stock. I wittle them both down to one each, but get taken out by a small mistake. So intense.

And sorry for ignoring invites. With a friend. Every Kratos I play is a whore. 200+ rank

Ran rp

You're comparing a level 1 that stays out for 4 seconds, hits all around Raiden and can move versus a single bolt that hits diagonally doesn't hit in front of me, doesn't hit small enemies and is barely there for half a second. I'm lucky enough that Arrow > Level 1 DOES work, since it means there's actually a situation where I can use it.

You can air dodge the moment I lift you up and the arrow will miss, it's not a combo. I'm taking advantage of the fact that the air recovery puts you right in the arrow's path.

How many combos does Dan have that can let me win in 1v1? :V

I've tried dodging and the arrow was too quick. I don't mind that you did it to win it just got old quickly.

Noi

Well fuck me, you CAN aim Dan's lightning bolt. Only diagonally in front, directly above and diagonally behind him, but at last it's slightly better than I gave it credit for.

PSY・S;44624425 said:
I've tried dodging and the arrow was too quick. I don't mind that you did it to win it just got old quickly.

Blame it on lag then. You WERE dodging it a few times during our first matches, and I tested it out in practice just now and it's dodgeable as long as you know it's coming. Hell, even easier, aim down on the d-pad so you flip down instead of flipping up when you recover.

tribal24

Banned
PSY・S;44624425 said:

nah sir dan lvl 1 is hard to catch its a guessing game pretty much and the arrow can get dodged easily.

tribal24

Banned
PSY・S;44624463 said:
Then maybe I'm not timing it correctly. This is only with Nariko btw. With PaRappa I had no problem handling Dan.

there is more advanced set ups though but honestly me playing sir dan, i tend to use his lvl 2 more since some see the lvl 1 coming from a mile away and its situational depending on who your fighting.

Ran rp

Raiden is pretty overrated imo.

Well fuck me, you CAN aim Dan's lightning bolt. Only diagonally in front, directly above and diagonally behind him, but at last it's slightly better than I gave it credit for.

I still need to learn him. He felt too stiff the first time I used him.

Blame it on lag then. You WERE dodging it a few times during our first matches, and I tested it out in practice just now and it's dodgeable as long as you know it's coming. Hell, even easier, aim down on the d-pad so you flip down instead of flipping up when you recover.
I don't remember dodging an arrow into a super. I've dodge the arrows, yeah, but never the arrow into super. But I'm guessing that my timing's off.

Noi

PSY・S;44624573 said:
I don't remember dodging an arrow into a super. I've dodge the arrows, yeah, but never the arrow into super. But I'm guessing that my timing's off.

Well yeah, you dodge the arrow to avoid getting hit by the super. That's the point. :p

Top Bottom