• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

hertog

played this game a bit yesterday and I was impressed with Heihachi.
It's his SFxTekken light version. He feels really solid and he can summon Kuma as his lvl 2 super.

It really feels like a fighting game with him, I had so much more trouble when I tried Jak.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
played this game a bit yesterday and I was impressed with Heihachi.
It's his SFxTekken light version. He feels really solid and he can summon Kuma as his lvl 2 super.

It really feels like a fighting game with him, I had so much more trouble when I tried Jak.

Play jak like well Jak from jak 2

Xater

So far I have some very clear favorites which at least for me build up AP way faster than any other character:

Kratos
Ratchet
Raiden
Dante

I have still not gone through the whole roster in Arcade but around 3/4.

Caffer

Neo Member
Yeah it's pretty brutal as is >>.
it was brutal when it didn't stop at the first opponent... and try to use it against the computer on max difficulty and you'll see it's not so difficult to dodge... that's why I asked if there was a way to combo into super 1...

Lord Phol

it was brutal when it didn't stop at the first opponent... and try to use it against the computer on max difficulty and you'll see it's not so difficult to dodge... that's why I asked if there was a way to combo into super 1...

It' still a pretty great super for a lvl 1, it's really easy to get yourself 2-3 kills in FFA. No idea how it fairs in 1v1 but there are worse supers.

I can't see anything about in in the OP/FAQs and I can't test it as my UK digital copy doesn't unlock until midnight :-(

Can someobody let me know if the local multiplayer lets you sign other players in on different PSN accounts, or if that is possible if you both wish to play online together on the same PS3 using different PSN accounts?

Cheers

Sadly not. It should be standard practice to include it in mp oriented games. Let's hope it's something they can patch in.

KillGore

So I'm going to buy the game on Saturday, I'm guessing it's too late to get the alternate costumes? or is the code inside the game case?

Tsunamo

I love how most of the rival battles are not only good picks for fanservice, but also good mash-ups to show the potentional 1v1 has. They go together so well.

Edit: Sorry to those who keep inviting me to their party, it wont let me join. :(
Going to try a couple of things and see if they work to help with the connection issues.

tusken77

I don't know if it's been mentioned here but Seth Killian is in the studio for this week's Weekend Confirmed. I've downloaded it but not listened yet, should be interesting.

Noi

Trying to get the trophy for winning a match without dying. Made harder when the game keeps swapping the character I want to use. :|||

Edit: Somebody pair up with me to do a 2v2 with me before I blow a gasket here, jesus.

WatTsu

OK, Amazon got back to me faster than I thought with my code.

If you preordered from Amazon and didn't get your costume code, drop them an email and they should follow up with you relatively quickly (taking the holiday into account, of course).

Jawmuncher

OK, Amazon got back to me faster than I thought with my code.

If you preordered from Amazon and didn't get your costume code, drop them an email and they should follow up with you relatively quickly (taking the holiday into account, of course).

I just saw my Costume Code in the mail and never even bothered to ask them about it.
I think someone was just sitting on the button and forgot to press it for the preorder code emails.

Tiu Neo

Played some 2v2 matches with napalm_frank. We were unbeatable! (Ok, we lost one match, but that's it).

Trying to get the trophy for winning a match without dying. Made harder when the game keeps swapping the character I want to use. :|||

Edit: Somebody pair up with me to do a 2v2 with me before I blow a gasket here, jesus.

I did it with some randoms on 2v2... But i think I was incredibly lucky both times.

Noi

I did it with some randoms on 2v2... But i think I was incredibly lucky both times.

Just did it the same way as well, only not by luck. ;D Thanks!

Edit: LOL, matched up against the same two dudes again and wrecked them with a different partner for the double kill team trophy. Platinum here I come!

Tiu Neo

Just did it the same way as well, only not by luck. ;D Thanks!

Nice! That was the only "hard" trophy on the game, imo. Funny thing is, I got it pretty easily on vita. *starts battle* *both players from the other team disconnect after a few seconds* *yay*.

At least on the ps3 I fought for it, but almost died twice :D

Noi

Why have separate trophies lists for the Vita and PS3 version? Lame.

Trophy whores enthusiasts like myself don't mind.

*coughcough*

Will pm , wont discuss here

but actually im more disappointed that CC who decided to return back on GAF once the thread got created decided to back out and he also removed me from psn and twitter :|

Not just you, he did so to me and Grim Heaper as well. Dunno what's up.

SykoTech

Ugh, so many rage quitting hosts. Just had 3 ranked matches in a row where I was kicking a lot of ass as Sackboy, and the host quits within the last 30 seconds or so. Not only does it ruin the match, but it also prevented me from getting some of the trophies to boot. Hope they're being punished in some way.

Drencrom

but actually im more disappointed that CC who decided to return back on GAF once the thread got created decided to back out and he also removed me from psn and twitter :|

Not just you, he did so to me and Grim Heaper as well. Dunno what's up.

Ok, I skyped with CC recently and he told me something (can't talk about it, I promised not to tell) that made him take a new direction in life.

He won't be playing with us sadly but he said he greatly enjoyed the time with PABR-GAF.

I'm sorry CC

Noi

Ok, I skyped with CC recently and he told me something (can't talk about it) that made him take a new direction in life.

He won't be playing with us sadly but he said he greatly enjoyed the time with PABR-GAF.

I'm sorry CC

S'cool. It's better to know something than being left entirely in the dark.

Mendrox

God damnit, got the game from a friend of mine and wanted to play online.
I have no problem to buy an online pass, but the PSN Store doesn't have one yet (austria)... anybody knows when they will be uploaded? I don't care about the price, but I want to feel how this game shines in online mode. Single Player Mode is okayish, with a friend it's another story and I think that the online mode is the mode that game is made for. >_<

noobie

Banned
i asked before.. is there a global leaderboard? want to know how many people are playing it. or how many people have bought it?

Ok, I skyped with CC recently and he told me something (can't talk about it, I promised not to tell) that made him take a new direction in life.

I'm sorry CC

That explains a lot. He deleted me too the other day. I thought it was over a minor thing that might have offended him, but then i found out i wasn't the only one.

The best of luck to him, his contributions to PSASBR GAF will be greatly missed.

SmithnCo

I'm sorry CC

Good to know, I was wondering why he had deleted people, best of luck to you CC. We'll always have the awesome picture he made.

I'm sorry CC

Y'know, I'm really going to miss him. He was such a positive prescence on this forum.

Here's to you, CC.

Giving Big Daddy a whirl in arcade mode.

...Holy crap, I think I'm gonna have to learn the big lug.

Don't forget to abuse the super armor on his forward triangle shoulder tackle and square moves, and to always chain the forward circle lightning Plasmid into his Level 1!

Also, try to save up for Level 2 if you can so you can shoot BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

Are you UK?
It really sucks! It was sent two days ago, so I am fairly certain it will arrive tomorrow.

Games don't come out in the UK until Friday, so that's what online retailers aim for when posting pre-orders. If you really wanted the game today then you should have opted for ShopTo; they're brilliant for pre-order deliveries.

Games don't come out in the UK until Friday, so that's what online retailers aim for when posting pre-orders. If you really wanted the game today then you should have opted for ShopTo; they're brilliant for pre-order deliveries.

I usually do use Shopto, but Game had preorder incentives. It doesn't bother me, I've just received stuff early in the past from Game.

Top Bottom