• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation fans air grievances at Sony under crushing Xbox showcase hype

tmlDan

70% or more of Xbox games have always come to other platforms.

There's definitely a change in momentum. I'm not a console fanboy or "chronically online gaming fan" so your attempt to undermine or narrow that down falls short immediately.
The only change in momentum you're seeing are people who are chronically online or fanboys, that's just a fact

XXL

And fans are right.

Sony's Communication was so bad since 2022.
People's obsession with communication helped lead to Xbox's downfall.

I definitely prefer Playstations (and Nintendo) communication.

There is no shortage of games on PS5 and thinking there is....is a fallacy.

Would I like to know more? Sure.

But let's stop playing pretend in here.

Also judging by all the showcases, developers aren't announcing games so far out anymore and I'm all for it.

Last edited:
There's definitely a change in momentum. I'm not a console fanboy or "chronically online gaming fan" so your attempt to undermine or narrow that down falls short immediately.
Jesus some of you are seriously over hyping this. It was a good show case but you guys are making it out like Xbox just released 3 10/10 games. Lets wait until the games come out and see how they play first?

And fans are right.

Sony's Communication was so bad since 2022.

Agreed and do you know how many consoles I've purchased based on good communication from the corporate company? 0. I don't give a shit what these companies say. I want to see good games coming to my console and I don't want to see games skipping my console that I want.

Last edited:

Sony

Nintendo
Sony:
money-crying.gif

The vast majority of the audience that makes Sony succesful doesn't even follow showcases. It won't make a dent in their number if Sony were to please the 'fans' or not.

DonF

Sony's strategy of not showing anything thats not gonna release in a year would still work IF they had projects coming up. The fact that they have like 15 studios and can only show the first fps/pronouns type game is telling.

N30RYU

I don't really care about the Gaas approach... since I prefeer single player games... what I can not get is how Concord is greenlighted over games like coop Spiderman, Horizon or TLOU Factions... this is beyond me... how someone can see Concord being a good idea over the other three options?

They just need to bring back Socom and Killzone

Last edited:
Why? All the games are coming to PlayStation anyway.

I think the frustration is because MS is showing off their big first party games even if most of them won’t be releasing for a while.

Sony needs to do the same. They are holding shit too close to their chest and it’s getting frustrating for their fans. Whatever plans they have for a showcase later this year they need to step it up. I understand they are probably waiting to show stuff right before they drop the PS5 Pro but the radio silence is annoying.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Considering how many of those titles have been in development for 5 years already, and aren't scheduled until 2025 it wasn't an especially impressive showing in my opinion.

As a Playstation fan since 1999 I think it's vital that Xbox does well.

Competition is neccesary to keep arrogant Sony in place.
I'm very happy that Xbox is finally getting back to this point after years and years of failures and then empty talk as they were rebuilding their ecosystem.

This could spawn a new PS3 vs 360 era and I'm 100% here for it. Let's hope Sony has some actual well made single player games up their sleeves. They are just taking fucking forever to reveal anything which is driving me insane.

As a primary PS5 gamer, I can't wait for Indiana Jones and Avowed on my PC. They look so fucking sick.

Alebrije

Microsoft delivered yesterday the show needed at Series X release years ago. Better late than never problem is there are few Series S/X at homes so it means a Lot of the games shown could end on PS5.

Sony is cooking their Big IPs and at the same time testing the GAAS market, they are doing very good with Helldivers2 and they Will keep developing those kind of games if Concord does well ( personally do not like the Game but could end delovering good numbers).

Finally if PS5 Pro is real and it's announced for Holydays, it Will be a market disprruptor. Specially if it's price is not to far from Series X.

Soy Yea it was a Nice Microsoft show, but lets wait what Sony shows next months.

RickMasters

Competition is good. Xbox doing well, will send this kind of message to the market leader.

Sony needs to step up

Thing is…… they don’t have as many studios as Xbox does. And their key studios take a long time to make AAA games.

But yeah this gen really highlights that Sony today is not the same Sony of the PS2 days. It’s all sequels to their most established franchises and marvel games with them, these days.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
How many first party games are actually coming out in the next 18 months?

The vast majority of the audience that makes Sony succesful doesn't even follow showcases. It won't make a dent in their number if Sony were to please the 'fans' or not.
Yes. At least here in Europe, almost all owners of a Sony console don't follow the industry at all. That's also why they always blindly buy whatever Sony releases next. They grew up with PlayStation, the name is synonymous with gaming for them. All they care about is FIFA on their next Sony box.

SonGoku

It was a good showcase and how you show your focus on the core audience that said most Xbox showcase titles are coming to PS5 on same day but Sonys showcase was truly pathetic

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I don't care about the tweets last year. I haven't reacted this positively in 10 years to their shows and I'm seeing actual excitement for xbox.
I didn’t say anything about tweets from last year.

Anyway, that’s great. In regards to the grand scheme, our personal feelings are irrelevant. And there is always this exact same sense of excitement after one of their shows on the internet.

Until they deliver, all that will remain is forum dweller hype.

Last edited:

SonGoku

The difference is PS first-party have been mismanaged and are significantly behind where they should be because of a misguided GaaS push.
Also almost 5 years into the generation and not a single AAA next gen title, with a couple smaller game exceptions (Rachet, DS remake).
Their output so far have been PS4 titles up ported to PS5 which is a ironic turn of events considering how much Sony was championing generations and MS pushing cross gen.

Also almost 5 years into the generation and not a single AAA next gen title, with a couple smaller game exceptions (Rachet, DS remake).
Their output so far have been PS4 titles up ported to PS5 which is a ironic turn of events considering how much Sony was championing generations and MS pushing cross gen.
EDIT: Read this wrong! Sorry!

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Hey, they found three posts!
They probably only wrote one of them.

Exactly LOL!!! Sony will shoot their load when they are ready to talk about PS5 Pro. They have no other choice.

Oh so Returnal and Spiderman 2 don't count now?

Last edited:
Exactly LOL!!! Sony will shoot their load when they are ready to talk about PS5 Pro. They have no other choice.
More remasters? Real question. Which Sony first party developers can actually have something new and major coming out soon to launch with or around the PS5 Pro launch? Most of the output seems like it would be a few years out still. Insomniac and Sucker Punch with Venom and Ghost of Tsushima 2 maybe?

XXL

The change is a good show. That's something they haven't had. They have the momentum.
Momentum = Putting your first party games on the competing platform and telling your fanbase to expect more, all while not calling anything an at your show exclusive.

Step into reality.

The only momentum they have is hurling towards not having their own platform anymore.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Oh so Returnal and Spiderman 2 don't count now?

Well the real elephant in the room is how can anyone discount Sony's third-party paid exclusives whilst turning a blind eye to the way most of the Xbox exclusives were developed by formerly multi-platform devs and publishers that MS has simply bought?

And then of course there's the not inconsequential matter of MS potentially trying to get a jump-start on next gen by launching their new hardware in 2026. Which essentially makes this years crop the last cycle of first party content targeted at the Series S/X consoles. Because let's be honest, given the length of time its taken to get some of these finished its looking like 2029 before these studios release their next projects.

Its quite a stunning possibility to realize what they showed is potentially the last and only Series S/X titles these studios will ever make.

mckmas8808

More remasters? Real question. Which Sony first party developers can actually have something new and major coming out soon to launch with or around the PS5 Pro launch? Most of the output seems like it would be a few years out still. Insomniac and Sucker Punch with Venom and Ghost of Tsushima 2 maybe?

No, not coming out with the PS5 Pro. But "SHOWING" the game running on PS5 Pro. Once they offically announce that the PS5 Pro exist, they'll show all of their games on it and NOT the PS5.

mckmas8808

Well the real elephant in the room is how can anyone discount Sony's third-party paid exclusives whilst turning a blind eye to the way most of the Xbox exclusives were developed by formerly multi-platform devs and publishers that MS has simply bought?

Or 2nd party games (that they own) like Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, and Helldivers II. Some people are using such a weird way to talk about their "list wars".

cormack12

Gold Member
Sony will be fine. We've been here before and then they reveal their 3/4 games and then the hype train is back. They have some of the best talent in the world in their first parties.

But I think the studio's under MS are starting to find that extra 10% that takes a massive chunk of time to really add a layer of sheen on their big titles.

Sonys only issue is engaging with their core. I get they don't wanna engage with the mainstream because of past issues but they run their own shows and we really need teasers/reveals of what's going on. Even frank interviews, some concept art would light the internet on fire.

There's so much goodwill that will be extended but I think we're really at the end of that tether. Not that it matters because all we can do is wait.

Killer8

These people are just confused.

A lot of what was shown is a long way off.
A lot of what was shown was third party and will be available on PS5 too.
A lot of what was shown was first party that will all but surely come to PS5 in 6-12 months time.
Hell, a lot of what was shown was new content for some games already out on PS5.

All it really shows is that Microsoft knows how to put on a good conference and Sony doesn't. That has been the case for a number of years now. Even in terms of things like indies and third party trailers, Xbox is usually better at handpicking games people actually give a damn about.

I don't really care about the Gaas approach... since I prefeer single player games... what I can not get is how Concord is greenlighted over games like coop Spiderman, Horizon or TLOU Factions... this is beyond me... how someone can see Concord being a good idea over the other three options?

They just need to bring back Socom and Killzone
yeah, i don't do multi-player/gaas myself, but how factions, especially, wasn't seen as having at least as much potential as concord? that is, indeed, a tough one to figure. one wonders what, for example, does bungie think of concord?...

Romulus

Momentum = Putting your first party games on the competing platform and telling your fanbase to expect more, all while not calling anything an at your show exclusive.

Step into reality.

The only momentum they have is hurling towards not having their own platform anymore.

I don't subscribe to your opinion. I doubt the games I want to play will come to playstation any time soon, if ever. If they do, I'm covered. In the meantime, I'll be playing them for pennies with gamepass on PC or Xbox.

But looking at future releases I want to play, about 80% of them are Xbox studios or partners. For ten years, I've never been able to say that. It's typically the opposite.

Last edited:

Romulus

I'm a PS-Stan, but Sony need to step up for their PS5 Pro + late-summer/fall showcase. I've been so underwhelmed an bored with it all.

It's been tough. Almost nothing I want to play from them. PS4 was killing at this point in the life cycle. Hell even PS3 was starting to wake up and that's considered the worse PS console library by most, especially the first half of its life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom