• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation fans air grievances at Sony under crushing Xbox showcase hype

Well, i m a Sony fan, never bought a Xbox on my life and had all Playstation consoles ( even the portable one ) the difference is that i value my money and dont like to eat shit for breakfest just cause i like Sony.

Why does the crossgen box matter to you if you want them to reduce scope anyway?

Pick one

Last edited:
There’s not a single PC port that has gone on to sell anything more than 10-20% of the PS versions that came before, let alone 3x
I think you might be underestimating the popularity of Dark souls/Elden Ring on PC. With a $49 price point it would be very popular.

This is just my take. I think it would be in their interest to get it on PC, not like they're going to accrue much more sales of it on PS in the future.

Unless holding it back on PS is part of their "attracting PC gamers" strategy.

Vroadstar

The difference is PS first-party have been mismanaged and are significantly behind where they should be because of a misguided GaaS push.

Canadian Lol GIF

I think you might be underestimating the popularity of Dark souls/Elden Ring on PC. With a $49 price point it would be very popular.

This is just my take. I think it would be in their interest to get it on PC, not like they're going to accrue much more sales of it on PS in the future.

DS is not Elden ring

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I specifically said First-party studio's but yes that was a success but I'm wanting to see some great SP focused games from them, aren't you? That's their bread and butter.
Yeah, but I don’t dismiss a success because of the studio who created it. It was still backed/supported by the parent company and paid dividends as a result!

As for their single player stuff, this is Sony. They have the history to let me know that I have little to worry about.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Watch Bloodborne Remake be a PS6 launch exclusive a la Demon's Souls, as PC players have already built a PS library and have cross-progression due to their demonic PSN accounts.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Can't wait to read the complains when the game is "small"/"not as ambitious"/"what happened to ND man.."
ND was made on "small" games and that never hold them to be ambitious with their games, Uncharted 1 2 3 and Tlou 1 are the prove of it. Uncharted 4 and Tlou 2 are great game and have bigger scope but that dont make the games better than their predecessors that are small in size and scope. I prefer 3 games of 15 hours than 1 game on 50 during the gen.

Last edited:
Except they showed other games to be releasing this year at a showing several months back. Do we know this is all they have? There is still a few other Game Conferences this year left.
It's possible, but I think it was in Microsoft's best interest to show everything they have coming at their showcase. I believe their future strategy lies in the next 6 months, or it could already be fully decided and not matter. I'm sure there will be new smaller AA games that will pop up at other Xbox events. But I can't think of a single AAA studio of theirs where we don't know what they are developing, especially not in a release window for 2025

tommib

DS is not Elden ring
Thanks for this. People thinking DS is going to be selling astronomically on PC trigger me deeply.

Demon’s Souls is almost a medieval survival-horror game compared to the high-fantasy open-world of Elden Ring with its golden hues and postcard vistas. They are worlds apart in tone, structure, builds…

Demon’s Souls is the superior game in my view of course and for my taste but it doesn’t have the mainstream appeal of ER, at all.

Gears looks cool, Doom I am skeptical about, I hated Etneral, but loved 2016. I want fast run and gun, and key finding exploration, not puzzle with your ammo.
Stalker looks great, inject that shit into my veins please!

But i seen a ton of woke shit, you got woke fable, woke dragon age (also on ps5) .

As someone who owns all the consoles and PC, i just want good games that aren't woke, that are legit awesome.
So far only Nintendo and 3rd party seem to be giving me that (with the occasional 3rd party exclusive doing it too

What games has MS released this year? Crickets... Just having a conference for 2025 games, many of which were already known about, is not that great.
Shows how messed the industry is if that is the high bar.

I will say that Gears game looks like something to try. I still have only played a tad of the first game, still need to play them, the remake of gears 1 that I got on sale. I was never impressed with the game back in 2006 or whenever it was released.

Thanks for this. People thinking DS is going to be selling astronomically on PC trigger me deeply.

Demon’s Souls is almost a medieval survival-horror game compared to the high-fantasy open-world of Elden Ring with its golden hues and postcard vistas. They are worlds apart in tone, structure, builds…

Demon’s Souls is the superior game in my view of course and for my taste but it doesn’t have the mainstream appeal of ER, at all.

Yeah there’s a reason why ER elevated the series to new heights, it’s a far more massive game with broader appeal

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
"xbox didnt show a single 10 million seller", guess what? nobody cares cause you CANT PLAY SALES!!!! get a grip
Tell that to Tango Gameworks and Arkane Austin.

Sales and market performance are arguably the most discussed topics on NeoGAF.

It's been wild watching sentiment swing around the last 6 months on GAF. Xbox hopes and dreams crushed with Redfall and Microsoft's new approach, with Sony's dominance, straight to people having panic attacks about Sony's output (as if nobody saw this coming after the glut of crossgen games and excruciatingly long dev cycles) and praising Xbox for a decent showcase with only a few exclusives and mostly promises.

KXVXII9X

It's possible, but I think it was in Microsoft's best interest to show everything they have coming at their showcase. I believe their future strategy lies in the next 6 months, or it could already be fully decided and not matter. I'm sure there will be new smaller AA games that will pop up at other Xbox events. But I can't think of a single AAA studio of theirs where we don't know what they are developing, especially not in a release window for 2025
That isn't necessarily a bad thing. By the time the last of those games launch they may have more games to announce and near ready to launch. I personally like to know what's ahead. I know other people don't, but it gives me reassurance.

M1987

The difference is PS first-party have been mismanaged and are significantly behind where they should be because of a misguided GaaS push.
Stop it ffs.These Xbox games are not even out yet,and even if they're all amazing games,Sony will have games ready by then that will easily rival or be better than them

Last edited:

tmlDan

There's definitely a change in momentum. Everyone feels it whether they admit it or not.
There's no change when 70-80% of games are also coming to PS. If they were exclusive? Sure. But that's not the case, all of these games will sell better on PS.

The only people assuming a change in momentum are chronically online gaming fans or console fanboys

mdkirby

Sonys showcase cadence aside, one thing I think is unquestionably clear is no matter how much it may not be good for the industry, Sony 100% need to buy one or two publishers. Even if MS end up releasing everything Multiplatform anyhow, now they have activation, they will just consistently put Sony to shame as a publisher in terms of sheer quality of yearly tentpole releases, they now own 2 of the biggest publishers, and a sizeable portion of the well known IP of the last few decades. Only acquisitions of something like Square AND Capcom can close that gap. Short term they are fine, but medium to long term, the problem will only grow each year.

Romulus

There's no change when 70-80% of games are also coming to PS. If they were exclusive? Sure. But that's not the case, all of these games will sell better on PS.

The only people assuming a change in momentum are chronically online gaming fans or console fanboys

70% or more of Xbox games have always come to other platforms.

There's definitely a change in momentum. I'm not a console fanboy or "chronically online gaming fan" so your attempt to undermine or narrow that down falls short immediately.

Xbox had a good show, but many of the best looking things will also be on PS5 from what I can tell.

It was a great feeling being a PC owner yesterday, that's for sure.

CamHostage

The SoPs are not showcases, mini-E3s, or outlining of future strategies; they show upcoming games. I understand and appreciate not wanting to show a game that won't land for years, but then what's stopping people from switching to the competition?

This isn't a new thing that one company has a good show and everybody acts like the sky is falling on the competitor. MS had a great show, a few of these games may sell some Xboxes when they finally show up, but this wasn't some turning point where Sony fans (many of whom were, up until May, were considering Xbox on its way out of the console business for a multiplatform future) are throwing away their PS5s and running to stores for Xboxes.

PeteBull

Gold Member
1) Xbox conference didnt even have 1 exclusive game.

2) Sony will have huge upcoming show when they officially present ps5pr0 to the public, if we go by what happened last gen- ps4pr0 launch in november, reveal in september, so since we now know ps5pr0 is coming this year, u can 99,9% be sure we getting reveal in 2-3 months, which will include big show with new games :)

3) Sales wise ps5 is at/above ps4 trajectory(over 59m consoles sold by now, official data), xbox series is under xbox one(28m consoles sold only) despite MS having cheaper(S) and more powerful mashine(X), now lets predict whats gonna happen holidays 2024 and onwards, when in DF's vids u will have ps5slim vs series S and ps5pr0 vs series X, it will be bloodbath of epic proportions :D

TLDR: Just wait another 2-3 months, my fellow PS-bros, we will be eating good :p

Last edited:

SSfox

Competition is good. Xbox doing well, will send this kind of message to the market leader.

Sony needs to step up
Competition is great yeah, I wish MS will keep release their games on Xbox and not release them on PS5, Sony are feeling but too confy already and Xbox releasing their games on ps will just make Sony even more lazy.

Yea very different games. I couldn't get into DS just because I've played enough Dark Souls games to last me a life time. DS just kind of let me know I'm tired of the Dark Souls series for now.

Top Bottom