• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation May Have More High Profile Titles Coming Next Year Apart From Death Stranding 2 and Ghost of Yotei

XXL

The first party output this gen from Sony is miles better than ps4 at year 4.
Until 2017 we had: killzone, infamous second son, ratchet, the order, driveclub, knack, lbp3, blooborne, horizon e uncharted 4.

This gen: demon souls, returnal, miles morales, gt7 horizon fw, god of war ragnarok, ratchet, sackboy, astrobot, spiderman2, helldivers 2.
I completely agree.

Aside from Bloodborne the PS5 output is much better (imo) than PS4s at this point.

FrankWza

For now silent hill 2 will scratch my nostalgia sony third person cinematic andenture itch.

I hope they didnt mess it up.

And psvr2 is fantastic but you are right , i dont get motion sickness but i sweat a lot and that makes me dizzy even when i am sitting.
I was mocking the post above yours before it was posted. Happens every time

Bojji

Honestly their output on PS5 has been fine.

Let's stop pretending year after year for this entire generation they haven't been putting out great games.

They are winning or in the running for the GOTY basically every year.

Could it be better? Sure.

Is it poor? Absolutely not.

Compared to what they delivered on PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 - their output on PS5 is very weak and we are on year 4 already.

I'm kind of getting sick of this lie that the output on PS5 has been poor.

In the last 2 years (approximately) off the top of my head they have had exclusivity (on console) and/or developed.

Stellar Blade
Rise of Ronin
Spider Man 2
Astro Bot
Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy Rebirth
RE7 VR
God of War
Horizon Forbidden West
Horizon VR
Synapse
GT7 and GT7 VR
Helldivers 2

Those are just off the top of my head.

Wtf are we even talking about here?

VR tiles? Please. Paid time exclusives like FF games are also not "their work" as well.

They should be convincing people to switch their PS4s to PS5 and yet large part of those games is also on PS4.

I won't even mention that many of those games are on PC too...

I'm kind of getting sick of this lie that the output on PS5 has been poor.

In the last 2 years (approximately) off the top of my head they have had exclusivity (on console) and/or developed.

Stellar Blade
Rise of Ronin
Spider Man 2
Astro Bot
Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy Rebirth
RE7 VR
God of War
Horizon Forbidden West
Horizon VR
Synapse
GT7 and GT7 VR
Helldivers 2

Those are just off the top of my head.

Wtf are we even talking about here?

God I got all those games. I need help. ha!

• Strength
Reactions: XXL

XXL

Compared to what they delivered on PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 - their output on PS5 is very weak and we are on year 4 already.
I'll just quote this poster since he said it best.
Until 2017 we had: killzone, infamous second son, ratchet, the order, driveclub, knack, lbp3, blooborne, horizon e uncharted 4.

This gen: demon souls, returnal, miles morales, gt7 horizon fw, god of war ragnarok, ratchet, sackboy, astrobot, spiderman2, helldivers 2.

The PS5 output up until now has been better than PS4s, by quite a bit.

People that say this crap ignore all timed and second party games, especially if they are Japanese. If it’s not western 1st party with pride flags, it doesn’t count.

Xtib81

Cross gen is going to be norm moving forward for at least the first few years of the generation. Since they've been porting games to PC and even Switch, there was no reason not to also just make a PS4 port in those scenarios to make a few extra bucks. PS6 is going to follow the same cadence I'm sure. A lot of early PS6 games will absolutely be cross gen with the PS5.
Definitely, I just wish we didn't have to wait an entire gen to have a 'next gen' horizon or god of war.

Bojji

2013: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack
2014: DriveClub infamous, lbp3
2015: bloodborne, until dawn, order
2016: unchated 4, ratchet
2017: knack 2, horizon

Still weak compared to PS3 and PS2 but all those games were NOT cross gen and at this point Sony wasn't releasing on any other platforms. I bought PS4 in 2016 to play games not available anywhere else. PS5 doesn't have that value thanks to cross gen and PC releases.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I wonder if its the next BP game. Its already been 4 years and next year it will be 5 full years of dev time.

That said, i am pretty sure Yotei gets delayed like AC Shadows, Avowed, and Kingdome Come.

Wow, amazing. So why not show them?

So far their output on PS5 is poor as fuck.
To be honest if there are a few exceptions, it has become the standard in the industry.

For example the next The Witcher is still only in pre-production so that means that we won't have a new CD Projekt game at best before 2027 and it could very well be a cross-gen game so there will be a gap of seven years between Cyberpunk 2077 and their next game.

In terms of games, even if they don't all come from their first-party studios like with this year, Sony is not doing so badly compared to other publishers.

It must also be recognized that qualitatively the games are also better now than those released during the first half of the PS4, the first years were not really great.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

The output of their Big studios has been very disappointing. Either cross gen games or nothing. (Insomniac being the exception)
They've literally stated over and over, for years, that those games take longer and longer to make.
People really aren't paying attention, at all.

Also quite amazing how people completely forgot that this gen launched in the middle of a pandemic, which we have never seen before and which had a major impact on the transition from last-gen to current-gen.

I will not include the PS4 games that got ported to a PS5 like GOW: R and the fake remakes like Last of Us 1 Remake and last of Us 2 remaster or whatever they wanna call them. The same goes for GOW3 remaster since it was a PS3 game on PS4. any remaster game is a cheap ass job to increase the profit but it's not really a new game so it won't count
What a lame reason to ignore a game like Ragnarok.
PS4 Games
- Bloodborne
- God OF war 1
- The last of us 2
- Uncharted 4 and its DLC
- The Order 1886
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Spiderman
- Ratchet and Clank
- Infamous Second son
- Days gone
- Destroid becomes human
- Knack 1 and 2
- GT game
- Gravity Rush 2
- Until Dawn
- Killzone Shadowfall
- Drive club
-The last guardian
- Horizon Zero Dawn
God of war 2018, lost legacy, shadow of the Colossus, Spiderman, days gone and Detroit become human were released in 2018 of later. Don't come under first 4 years of ps4
PS5
- GT game
-Spider man 2
-Steller Blade ( adding it to the list because I think the devs are a second-party studio for Sony now so it counts )
-ratchet and clank
- Demon souls
-Returnal
- Astrobot
-Destruction all Stars ( lol )
- Concord ( hahaha )
Also add final fantasy 7 rebirth, rise of the ronin, demon souls remake, miles morales, sackboy, astro's playroom, forbidden west( and it's dlc), ff16, etc to the list. All big releases that are/were exclusive to ps5
There are games that were made for PS4 but got a port the same day for the PS5 like GOWR or Horizon Forbidden West. looking at the graphics of these games they are cross-gen games that were in development for PS4 and PS5 got an updated version. but they are Not really PS5 games that take advantage of the PS5 like Concord. so I didn't add these games in either list even though THEY should have been on PS4.

So yeah. it IS poor and pathetic too, to be honest. Sony dropped the ball big time this gen. its an absolute joke.
Forbidden west and Ragnarok are still one of the best looking games ever made and are better than vast majority of games that are releasing today or even next year. They are ps5 games, just because you don't think they are doesn't eliminate that fact.

Bojji

To be honest if there are a few exceptions, it has become the standard in the industry.

For example the next The Witcher is still only in pre-production so that means that we won't have a new CD Projekt game at best before 2027 and it could very well be a cross-gen game so there will be a gap of seven years between Cyberpunk 2077 and their next game.

In terms of games, even if they don't all come from their first-party studios like with this year, Sony is not doing so badly compared to other publishers.

It must also be recognized that qualitatively the games are also much better now than those released during the first half of the PS4.

Games take more and more time, I get it. But they should prepare for that somewhat by making their studios bigger and buying/creating new ones. So far their biggest achievement is that 400 000 000 dollars spent on Concord - they could have made like 2 or 3 AAA SP games with this kind of money and sell millions of copies.

Xtib81

They've literally stated over and over, for years, that those games take longer and longer to make.
People really aren't paying attention, at all.

Also quite amazing how people completely forgot that this gen launched in the middle of a pandemic, which we have never seen before and which had a major impact on the transition from last-gen to current-gen.
It's not like they claimed at the beginning of the gen that they believed in generations, days after Xbox announced that their games would be cross gen. GOW released 2 years after the launch of the ps5, it wouldn't have been outrageous for it to be next gen only. But yeah, cross gen is here to stay.

Vick

Gold Member

I want to check if this is true for me, because surely doesn't feel like it:

Killzone: Shadow Fall: Liked
inFAMOUS: Second Son: Loved
inFAMOUS: First Light: Liked
Ratchet & Clank: Liked
The Order: 1886: Eh/Liked
DriveClub: Loved
The Last Guardian: Loved
Knack: Eh
Little Big Planet 3: Eh
Bloodborne: Loved
Horizon: Zero Dawn: Loved
Uncharted 4: Eh/Liked it/Loved
Uncharted: Lost Legacy: Liked/Loved
Until Dawn: Eh/Liked

Demon Soul's: Loved
Returnal: Loved
Miles Morales: Eh
Gran Turismo 7: Liked
Horizon: Forbidden West: Liked
The Last of Us: Part I: Loved
God of War: Ragnarok: Eh/Liked
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart: Eh/Liked
Sackboy: Eh
Spider-Man 2: Eh/Liked
AstroBot: Loved
HellDivers II: Eh/Liked

PS4: Eh (5), Liked (7), Loved (7)
PS5: Eh (6), Liked (6), Loved (4 but not counting Remakes 2)

PS4 wins for me.
Especially considering two of my favorite PS5 games are PS3 Remakes, and I seriously doubt PS5 equivalents of games I loved like GoW 2018, Spider-Man and Ghost of Tsushima are coming soon.

Last edited:

sainraja

Honestly their output on PS5 has been fine.

Let's stop pretending year after year for this entire generation they haven't been putting out great games.

They are winning or in the running for the GOTY basically every year.

Could it be better? Sure.

Is it poor? Absolutely not.
For some people after a game releases it no longer counts.

• Strength
Reactions: XXL

XXL

Still weak compared to PS3 and PS2
94x3ci.gif

bundylove

The funny part is, no one on GAF questions his knowledge anymore. We just know, he knows what's up.
Yes he knows but after decades of being married he mastered the art of mind reading through his wife and now he expects us to be able to read his mind.

Kinda hard through written words.
We need to come up with a fxh decoder

Wonder if it's the firespirte horror game( which I am pretty sure is a new entry in Siren series).

Siren was recently rated in Korea. Siren is already available on ps4 for west and for other regions it would have been titled as "forbidden siren".

Also from numerous leaks and articles, we know that Firespirte are working on a new entry in a existing Sony horror series, not a new IP. Many assumed it would until dawn due to the remake, but I feel that there is a chance that it maybe Siren.

Sony probably needs a few more studios but ideally if they could get all their studios to release a game every five years like Sucker Punch with Yotei, that wouldn't be bad.

It's true that Bluepoint or Firesprite could be a good candidate for releasing a game next year. For others it's difficult to say without knowing when the different games entered full production.

fallingdove

Wow, amazing. So why not show them?

So far their output on PS5 is poor as fuck.
Keep this person as far away from a business as possible.

With the exception of the dumpster fire that was Concord, this year we got Helldivers, Astrobot and a ton of great 3rd party console exclusives.

From a marketing perspective, announcing every first party title you have lined up for the year might generate a ton of temporary hype but it does fuck all for maintaining momentum. And when that temporary hype dies, people start complaining about the same old stuff being shown and “where are the games?”…

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

It's not like they claimed at the beginning of the gen that they believed in generations, days after Xbox announced that their games would be cross gen. GOW released 2 years after the launch of the ps5, it wouldn't have been outrageous for it to be next gen only. But yeah, cross gen is here to stay.
Completely ignoring the pandemic.

//DEVIL//

What a lame reason to ignore a game like Ragnarok.

God of war 2018, lost legacy, shadow of the Colossus, Spiderman, days gone and Detroit become human were released in 2018 of later. Don't come under first 4 years of ps4

Also add final fantasy 7 rebirth, rise of the ronin, demon souls remake, miles morales, sackboy, astro's playroom, forbidden west( and it's dlc), ff16, etc to the list. All big releases that are/were exclusive to ps5

Forbidden west and Ragnarok are still one of the best looking games ever made and are better than vast majority of games that are releasing today or even next year. They are ps5 games, just because you don't think they are doesn't eliminate that fact.

I was talking about the first party output for the generation . So far the ps5 is a joke compared to the ps4. With games even in shit review scores too .

I will not add third party exclusives because Sony studios are shit this gen to the point Sony had to secure some exclusives from companies they don’t own . If I did that with the ps4 the list will be even be much bigger . Final fantasy remake and rebirth and the rest of these games are just third party titles . Not in the list here

Not to mention Sony was supporting the vita too back then and PlayStation VR 1

Where are the VR2 games from Sony directly outside of a gt7 mod and maybe 2 more games ?

Yeah .. I stand by what I said. Sony is garbage this gen . Some people there needs to be fired

Last edited:

Zacfoldor

I will not include the PS4 games that got ported to a PS5 like GOW: R and the fake remakes like Last of Us 1 Remake and last of Us 2 remaster or whatever they wanna call them. The same goes for GOW3 remaster since it was a PS3 game on PS4. any remaster game is a cheap ass job to increase the profit but it's not really a new game so it won't count

PS4 Games
- Bloodborne
- God OF war 1
- The last of us 2
- Uncharted 4 and its DLC
- The Order 1886
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Spiderman
- Ratchet and Clank
- Infamous Second son
- Days gone
- Destroid becomes human
- Knack 1 and 2
- GT game
- Gravity Rush 2
- Until Dawn
- Killzone Shadowfall
- Drive club
-The last guardian
- Horizon Zero Dawn

PS5
- GT game
-Spider man 2
-Steller Blade ( adding it to the list because I think the devs are a second-party studio for Sony now so it counts )
-ratchet and clank
- Demon souls
-Returnal
- Astrobot
-Destruction all Stars ( lol )
- Concord ( hahaha )

There are games that were made for PS4 but got a port the same day for the PS5 like GOWR or Horizon Forbidden West. looking at the graphics of these games they are cross-gen games that were in development for PS4 and PS5 got an updated version. but they are Not really PS5 games that take advantage of the PS5 like Concord. so I didn't add these games in either list even though THEY should have been on PS4.

So yeah. it IS poor and pathetic too, to be honest. Sony dropped the ball big time this gen. its an absolute joke.
I'll be honest with you besides a couple of games that PS4 list ain't so hot either.

Best games are 3rd party or from Nintendo anyway, I just buy PS5 so I can have a high powered console and don't have to game on PC or Xbox. I mean, God of War 1 and Bloodborne were great. Stellar Blade and Astrobot are great....but I mean...driveclub.....killzone shadowfall...days gone...detroit become human....I'm sure others love these but not me, lol.

Matter of fact, if not for Bloodborne I'd prefer the PS5 list. Astro, returnal, demons souls remake, stellar are all really the best they have made really, exception being bloodborne, of which I'm sure fromsoft did the heavy lifting, imho.

Yall think this is an impactful talking point but it is not. You are gonna do better attacking the price or dei stuff.

Like for example, Ghosts of Tsushima is really good, but it is not as good as Elden Ring. It's a pretty game but by the end the combat mirage wore off and it became tedious after the mechanics became super transparent. The combat is too structured. Elden Ring is just better in every way.

Last edited:

Dorago

I want a new 2D Castlevania type game.

I want a 70 hour turn based RPG with good graphics and cut scenes.

I want a horror game.

I want a game where you play an army guy on a secret mission.

I want a car racing game with good graphics.

I want an arcade golf/bowling/bocce/horse shoes game.

I want an arcade baseball, football, hockey, basketball game.

I want a violent shooting game.

I want a violent fist/weapon fighting game.

I want an airplane game.

Why has this been so hard for the last few years?

//DEVIL//

I'll be honest with you besides a couple of games that PS4 list ain't so hot either.

Best games are 3rd party or from Nintendo anyway, I just buy PS5 so I can have a high powered console and don't have to game on PC or Xbox. I mean, God of War 1 and Bloodborne were great. Stellar Blade and Astrobot are great....but I mean...driveclub.....killzone shadowfall...days gone...detroit become human....I'm sure others love these but not me, lol.

Matter of fact, if not for Bloodborne I'd prefer the PS5 list. Astro, returnal, demons souls remake, stellar are all really the best they have made really, exception being bloodborne, of which I'm sure fromsoft did the heavy lifting, imho.

Yall think this is an impactful talking point but it is not. You are gonna do better attacking the price or dei stuff.

Like for example, Ghosts of Tsushima is really good, but it is not as good as Elden Ring. It's a pretty game but by the end the combat mirage wore off and it became tedious after the mechanics became super transparent. The combat is too structured. Elden Ring is just better in every way.
Whatever you like the ps5 or ps4 games more is a matter of taste . There is 100 people that liked concord, no one is judging . But in terms of output . The list isn’t even close.

And yes IMHO both are a joke. I liked Sony PS1 and PS2 more . Hell I liked ps3 output more than 4 and 5 .

Bond007

I have been under the assumption that 2025 will be a massive year for Sony exclusives.
Makes 2024 fine to me as its been. Besides Concord its been great and some good leverage of partnerships throughout.

Saturn Dragon

Neo Member
Uncharted V Drake and Sully prequel witty adventure, linear corridor shooter gameplay, top next gen graphics.

That's all

Bluepoint's Ico remake too

Atrus

Gold Member
Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studio, Naughty Dog, Bend Studio, Bluepoint, Housemark & Media Molecule should be working on something but so far no announcements.

I’m guessing Last of Us 3 will be announced whenever Season 2 airs but Naughty Dog has also been developing something else.

Top Bottom