• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation May Have More High Profile Titles Coming Next Year Apart From Death Stranding 2 and Ghost of Yotei

ap_puff

Starfield PS5 port
Jack Black Smile GIF

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
We know that a Venom spiderman game is scheduled for holiday 2025 right?
Apparently not.

Wolverine is for 2026, Venom for 2025 was from a 9/23 slide, before they moved it to 2027 in a 11/23 slide.

And as I already said, with all the restructuring that Insomniac had this year, I really doubt that this Venom game is coming out, at all.

Might be for the best. Spider-Man 3 needs to be a big overhaul, and a long game. I don't think Insomniac should stretch themselves so much. They've got Wolverine, SM3 and 2 X-Men games to work through.

Bojji

Hopefully they're revealing closer to release for most these days. Astrobot was perfect showing a couple months before release though I'd be fine with 4 months or so instead

I don't think that's a good way to operate with "exclusives". I remember the good old (PS3) days when we knew the lineup like ~2 years before release. Hype had enough time to build up.

Now we know that some studios are doing something but there is zero concrete info.

Just find it weird how people are memory-holing the fact the WORLD STOPPED for 2 years of Covid.
This is why devs (yes even the good ones) can’t catch a break. You have the board and CEOs on one side breathing down your neck asking for you to ramp up production twofold afterwards, and then you have impatient gamers on the other end doing the exact same thing.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm kind of getting sick of this lie that the output on PS5 has been poor.

In the last 2 years (approximately) off the top of my head they have had exclusivity (on console) and/or developed.

Spider Man 2
Astro Bot
God of War Ragnarok
Horizon Call of the Mountain
Helldivers 2
From your list
Those are your new first party titles in the last 2 years.
Looks like a low effort year but it's actually over 2 years.
3rd Party exclusive Sony is doing fine, it's the reason PS5 sells and the wave Sony is riding on.

Bojji

Ridiculous, they've only released three contenders for game of the year as exclusives this year....

Astro bot, FFVII Rebirth, Concord?

I honestly don't know the third game (SB? That's too low MC score for GOTY I think). Astrobot is a GOTY contender for sure, it legitimately looks like a great title (with massive MC score). FFVII was not released by Sony so it is not part of "their output" at all, they just paid for some months of exclusivity and I was talking about their studios.

Last edited:
Top Bottom