• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Takao

Banned
Persona 5 won't be on Vita. For reasons only they know, Atlus JP doesn't seem to care for the platform.

Redhood

Persona 5 won't be on Vita. For reasons only they know, Atlus JP doesn't seem to care for the platform.

I think actually they do. They scrapped dingo's version of P4DAN although it was meant to be a quick project and then restarted development in house. This can be assessed to them caring about brand too.

bobohoro

Spotify isn't available on PSVita, right?
All I know is that FIFA 15 + Spotify + beats = Perfection!

That is one of the ugliest combinations I have ever seen/read. :O

Hoping Persona 5 will come to Vita is kinda immensely optimistic. I could see an announcement for an enhanced version at the end of 2016 maybe, at the earliest. The relevancy of the Vita by then, with a possible new handheld by Nintendo on the horizon/already released, could be rather non-existant even in Japan.

I mean, I would love if it were to happen but it would seriously surprise me.

Sondar

I ordered from yesasia.com

This is the info they have:
Genkai Totsuki Moero Chronicle (Chinese / English Edition) (Asian Version) PS Vita
Our Price: US$45.99 [~€43.23]
Expected release date: April 30, 2015. Preorder Now!

It still lets you preorder.

30 April? Hhm. Though it's not like I'm short of something to play!

Takao

Banned
I think actually they do. They scrapped dingo's version of P4DAN although it was meant to be a quick project and then restarted development in house. This can be assessed to them caring about brand too.

The fact that they weren't willing to let Dingo put out crap in a cartridge is an indicator that they care about their brands: Persona and Atlus. I'm not convinced that means they care about Vita at all. Sure, they could have cancelled DAN once it became clear Dingo wasn't going to work out, but that reflects poorly on them if their upcoming Vita lineup consists of literally nothing. The whopping two games (one of which is a port, the other multi-plat) they've released on it have been commercially successful, and the platform does well enough in Japan to justify development for a company like Atlus.

kudoboi

So its my time to ask: what vita games are you expecting to buy the rest of the year? I'm personally waiting for axiom verge , shovel knight and mighty n9 as must have. The rest of the year is like a mistery regarding what games I might buy what about you vitacats?

persona 4: dancing all night and that new danganronpa game. that's about it tbh.

batrush

So its my time to ask: what vita games are you expecting to buy the rest of the year? I'm personally waiting for axiom verge , shovel knight and mighty n9 as must have. The rest of the year is like a mistery regarding what games I might buy what about you vitacats?

Only DR:AE and Stein's Gate. Hopefully we get Corpse Party this year.

Redhood

My wishlist for the year:

Danganronpa: Another Episode
Persona 4: Dancing all night
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Steins Gate
Ys8
SOA: Lost Song
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Banner Saga

and many more yet to be revealed.

RK128

Hello guys :D!

I haven't been posting a lot here but I went back to my Vita and played some of my PS1 games...and I felt like I had to get another one on a whim. Did any of you play Toy Story 2 on the PS1? I remember it being one of my first PS1 games and the only one I put a lot of time into. I would have beaten it too....if I had PS1 memory card back then :l.

I heard some of the games music on YouTube and after that, I put five bucks into PSN and got it last night :).

The game is a traditional Mario 64-like 3D platformer where you play as Buzz on his quest to save Woody, based on the story from the film (their is a lot of film clips throughout the game too). This leads to level design taking generic locations and giving them new life through playing them through a toys perspective; running around a simple house is a grand venture for a toy for example and the game does some creative things with the world (for example, you don't climb generic pipes but brooms and rakes for example).

The games controls are solid too; hold up very well and the power ups Buzz gets are quite helpful. The music is...just awesome :). From the opening level music, too the very last level, the game has a great soundtrack that is quite surprising, considering this is a licensed game based off a film :).

What is even more impressive is that this was made by Travelers Tails, the team behind the Lego games in their more....mixed years. Would you believe me that the same team behind this made THIS game too?

Overall, I loved this game when I was little and today it still holds up very well (outside of a tricky camera system), so I highly recommend this to any platformer fan :D.

RK128

For me it is a lot of indie games and JP tittles:
-Axiom Verge Vita
-Shante Half Genie Hero
-Broken Age
-Mighty No. 9
-Shovel Knight
-Neptuina Rebirth 2
-Neptunia Rebirth 3
-Persona 4 Dancing All Night

Vylash

Neptunia U
Neptunia Rebirth 3
Persona 4 Dancing All Night
Steins Gate
Grisaia

sakipon

Are there online issues with Run Sackboy Run? I can't seem to login in the game but at the same time I can access PSN Store just fine. Playing the European Vita version if it matters.

VLiberty

My top 3 is Axiom Verge, Shovel Knight, Geometry Wars 3.

The full list is crazy, it's getting close to 30 games, but maybe some fo them will shift to 2016/are actually announced for 2016

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Games i'll buy for sure(not necesserily at d1 though) unless they are shit:

Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (in EU)
Lost Dimension
Danganronpa Another Episode
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
J-Stars Victory VS +
The Banner Saga
Space Hulk
Project Root
Zodiac
Salt & Sanctuary
Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer
Mercenary Kings
Axiom Verge
Hand of Fate
Forgotten Memories
The Chaos Engine
Alien Shooter

but i will buy a lot more XD

Tapejara

I haven't been posting a lot here but I went back to my Vita and played some of my PS1 games...and I felt like I had to get another one on a whim. Did any of you play Toy Story 2 on the PS1? I remember it being one of my first PS1 games and the only one I put a lot of time into. I would have beaten it too....if I had PS1 memory card back then :l.

I heard some of the games music on YouTube and after that, I put five bucks into PSN and got it last night :).

The game is a traditional Mario 64-like 3D platformer where you play as Buzz on his quest to save Woody, based on the story from the film (their is a lot of film clips throughout the game too). This leads to level design taking generic locations and giving them new life through playing them through a toys perspective; running around a simple house is a grand venture for a toy for example and the game does some creative things with the world (for example, you don't climb generic pipes but brooms and rakes for example).

The games controls are solid too; hold up very well and the power ups Buzz gets are quite helpful. The music is...just awesome :). From the opening level music, too the very last level, the game has a great soundtrack that is quite surprising, considering this is a licensed game based off a film :).

What is even more impressive is that this was made by Travelers Tails, the team behind the Lego games in their more....mixed years. Would you believe me that the same team behind this made THIS game too?

Overall, I loved this game when I was little and today it still holds up very well (outside of a tricky camera system), so I highly recommend this to any platformer fan :D.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe I saw you playing Pac-Man World Anniversary a few weeks ago. How does the game hold up?

Tizoc

Well I know I'm getting persona 4 dancing and if OP Musou 3 gets a retail release in the US I am getting that too.

RK128

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe I saw you playing Pac-Man World Anniversary a few weeks ago. How does the game hold up?

No problem :). Still in the first world (on and off playing lots of games at once XD!) but the game holds up quite well.

Pac-Man has a spin-dash (you rev-up and after charging, you dash forward to go over ramps and to get further jumping distance), but-stomp (pressing jump when in the air again), and he can throw the pelets you eat (can even charge it up too).

The core gameplay is a mix of Klona and Crash 1; it is a 3D platformer but it uses 2D quite a lot as well. It is fun though, exploring the levels and trying to find all the fruit to unlock doors and collect even more stuff :D.

Overall, I enjoyed it and I still plan on playing it; highly recommend it if you are looking for a fun platformer :).

Tapejara

No problem :). Still in the first world (on and off playing lots of games at once XD!) but the game holds up quite well.

Pac-Man has a spin-dash (you rev-up and after charging, you dash forward to go over ramps and to get further jumping distance), but-stomp (pressing jump when in the air again), and he can throw the pelets you eat (can even charge it up too).

The core gameplay is a mix of Klona and Crash 1; it is a 3D platformer but it uses 2D quite a lot as well. It is fun though, exploring the levels and trying to find all the fruit to unlock doors and collect even more stuff :D.

Overall, I enjoyed it and I still plan on playing it; highly recommend it if you are looking for a fun platformer :).

Awesome, I have very vague memories of the game from when I was younger, but I'm glad to hear it still plays well. It's definitely on my buy list; thanks for the impressions!

incpdo

Just Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ for me. Its been a pretty weak year aside from Brandish.
I don't think this has been a weak year at all so far, unless you are talking from a subjective point of view. Games even when multiplatform keep comming in waves and much of those titles are really good and fun.

Hmmm my list with localizations/announced titles for now:

Operation Abyss
Lost Dimension
P4D
VA-11 HALL-A (thanks for the reminder ^^)
SAO: LS
VLR 3
God Eater 2 RE
Digimon Cyber Sleuth

I ordered from yesasia.com

This is the info they have:
Genkai Totsuki Moero Chronicle (Chinese / English Edition) (Asian Version) PS Vita
Our Price: US$45.99 [~€43.23]
Expected release date: April 30, 2015. Preorder Now!
I don't know how accurate that estimation is, but P-A currently gives me an estimated shipping date of April 8th for my pre-order. I don't think there was one last time I checked.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member

Toy Story 2 is an awesome game, one of the best licensed games I've played. It honestly stands along games like SM64 and Banjo-Kazooie in the collection based 3D platformer rankings for me. I need to get it next time it's on sale. I also love games/settings where you're small and you see the world around you in a different perspective.

autoduelist

They would probably need like 2 years to bring it to the Vita, especially if some new content would be added, so can you imagine a high profile game on the Vita in late 2017 or even 2018? I can't lol.

I think the Vita is going to have longer legs than most consoles/handhelds... it's just an odd little timeless device. Assuming no successor, it's still got decent enough graphics and control scheme (2 analogs) to hold up for awhile. And even with it's low install base, it's got a high buy rate for games, which is what keeps games coming.

Normally what ends a console is either a successor, a major market upheaval, or severe competition. But here we have the vita, safely ensconced in the Playstation ecosystem (ps+ games, etc) and with features like remote play that make it viable for the duration of the PS4's lifecycle. What I'm getting at here is that no matter what handheld nintendo releases next, I'll almost certainly stay with my vita due to the ecosystem (ps+, games i already own, preferred genres, tech being good enough, etc).

Obviously, once the market dies off completely, developers will effectively stop (other than the occasional odd release like Brandish for PSP was). But I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. It could, obviously, but it could just as easily piggyback onto the PS4's lifecycle.

I don't know much about Atlus's gameplan with P5, but it seems like they always release on Sony handhelds and it's a relatively major source of income. I don't see why that would change just 'because'. P4G seems to be successful.

Hikami

Hello children, have you played any Ys recently?
Ys Oath has made me rage quit a few times recently. Much harder than Ys I + II for sure.
The
lava area
after the fight with
Chester
is giving me trouble.

Are there online issues with Run Sackboy Run? I can't seem to login in the game but at the same time I can access PSN Store just fine. Playing the European Vita version if it matters.

Going into standby will log you out. Only way to get back in is to restart the game.

Tizoc

Ys Oath has made me rage quit a few times recently. Much harder than Ys I + II for sure.
The
lava area
after the fight with
Chester
is giving me trouble.

PFFFFT, I loved that part of the game and the bosses were a nice challenge, git gud son/gurl.

the graphics is an instant turn off for me :D

Ys ain't bout the graphics, boy, it's about that divine music and the simple but (for the most part) fun gameplay. You wanna feel like a badass? You play Ys (or at least Ys OiF/3).

still working my way through Seven, I have no idea where I'm supposed to go next

Where are you at atm? I don't recall being lost in the game @_@

My list (short version)

Severed
To leave
Super time force
Liege
Cosmic star heroine
Lost Dimension
Danganronpa Another Episode
Oddworld: New n tasty
Darkest dungeon
The Banner Saga
Broken age
Tokyo twilight ghosthunters (if it ever land on EU store
Space Hulk
Zodiac
Salt & Sanctuary
Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer
Galak-Z
Steins;gate
Y2K

Hopefully

Digimon Cybersleuth
World End eclipse
Tokyo xanadu
Sen no kiseki 1-2
Tokyo ghoul
GE2
GR2
SS2
FW2

Edit: I don't understand how I could forget Severed.

RK128

Awesome, I have very vague memories of the game from when I was younger, but I'm glad to hear it still plays well. It's definitely on my buy list; thanks for the impressions!

No problem man :D! Love platformers so it is great to find that the Vita is home to so many of them across Vita games, PS1 Classics and PSP games.

Its just crazy to think that the Vita is home to so many classic platformers (even if a few of them like the Jak series have so-so/crappy versions on Vita):
-Jak Series (1-3, Daxter, Lost Fronter)
-Ratchet and Clank Series (1-3, Size Matters, Secret Agent Clank)
-Sly Series (1-3, Theives in Time)
-Pac-Man World
-Klona 1
-Crash 1-3, Team Racing
-Spyro 1-3
-Disney PS1 Platformers (Toy Story 2, Bugs Life, ect)
-Klona
-Mega Man X4-5
-Mega Man 1-4
-Tomba 1 and 2

And so many others :D!

bobawesome

I forgot all about this game being on the store. I have fond memories of renting it and playing it at a friend's house when I was younger. It's good to hear that it holds up.

VLiberty

Sly 4 is a great example of how you DON'T make trophy lists.

Use the compass 500 times? Take a look at every fucking map and sidemap in the game?

I'm gonna do it just because now I'm at 47/50 and btw I loved the game, but after this one and R&C All 4 One I promise I'll never chase the platinum in a game with bullshit trophies again.

I'm not following the news so if someone can tell me if there have been any updates, please let me know, but I checked www.4infinity.co , and it seems that the plot has thickened, there's been another change:
4infinity.jpg

Tizoc

WTF is up with my internet, it's been slow for a few hours now o_O
Eh bet it'll be fixed tomorrow after I let it rest for a few hours I guess...

I'm not following the news so if someone can tell me if there have been any updates, please let me know, but I checked www.4infinity.co , and it seems that the plot has thickened, there's been another change:

What's the pattern here?

Top Bottom