• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Put my Vita down? Never!!! ( I plan to see the movie at some point, seems fun)
Sneak it into the theatre bahaha. It was great, at this point the series has become this yearly thing that I must watch every time.

EDIT TOTP:
Go watch Furious 7 this weekend. Oh and buy Demon Gaze since you are out and all.

incpdo

So what are the chances of Persona 5 on vita? I mean the game looks great but I think vita can manage to have that amount of details in a game plus persona dances all night has some really good 3d models . I know there is no background and its only a few characters at the time but from a technical standpoint I think they can create a really good vita port of persona 5. What do you think vitacats?

So what are the chances of Persona 5 on vita? I mean the game looks great but I think vita can manage to have that amount of details in a game plus persona dances all night has some really good 3d models . I know there is no background and its only a few characters at the time but from a technical standpoint I think they can create a really good vita port of persona 5. What do you think vitacats?

I'd say there's a pretty good chance Vita will see it someday; every Persona game in the main line has been on Vita in some form.

Maid

Banned

They won't announce it before the release of Persona 5, at the very least. It will hurts the console version sale in Japan. Optimism speaking, the Vita may have an announcement in early next year I think. Frankly, I don't think technical problem is the reason we haven't heard anything about it.

It's possible, but I don't think we will hear about it in a good while. You want P5 on your Vita (much like myself), you will have to remote play it :p

incpdo

I'd say there's a pretty good chance Vita will see it someday; every Persona game in the main line has been on Vita in some form.
Plus I think Vita's version of persona 4 was one of the best selling games on the device. I hope they deliver something like golden with additional content so people will have the need to buy this version. I think persona 5 vermelho ( or whatever the name is) could be the last AAA third party game on Vita. And if it has additional content might save the system so it can last 1 year more at least.

Chuy

Plus I think Vita's version of persona 4 was one of the best selling games on the device. I hope they deliver something like golden with additional content so people will have the need to buy this version. I think persona 5 vermelho ( or whatever the name is) could be the last AAA third party game on Vita. And if it has additional content might save the system so it can last 1 year more at least.
I hope so too as it'd be fantastic to have on the go. If i'm remembering correctly Persona 4 Golden has nearly broke a million sold on vita so it might possibly happen one day

I hope so too as it'd be fantastic to have on the go. If i'm remembering correctly Persona 4 Golden has nearly broke a million sold on vita so it might possibly happen one day

IIRC it's almost 900k physical, so it's likely well over a million total.

I'm about to use the Content Manager app to backup and move everything from 32gb card to a 64gb card. Any tips or stuff to watch out for before I begin?

And if anyone's looking for a 32gb card, PM me.

I thought it was 700k WW counting both digital and retail sales....
Where did you get the 900k number? o_O

At that VG place which does chartz (links blocked here due to the unofficial nature I assume).

I read 800k somewhere not long ago as a "shipped" number as well, which should only mean physical unless they're being cute.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That site is pure nonsense. The 700k number is still more than enough to make it one of the best selling Vita games. Probably the best selling one never packed in or adding in PS+ numbers.

Chuy

I thought it was 700k WW counting both digital and retail sales....
Where did you get the 900k number? o_O
Same here. With digital included i'm pretty sure it's over a million easily which is incredible considering the small user base

At that VG place which does chartz (links blocked here due to the unofficial nature I assume).

I read 800k somewhere not long ago as a "shipped" number as well, which should only mean physical unless they're being cute.

The reason it's banned is that they literally pull numbers out of their behind. Never use their numbers for anything.

Maid

Banned
There is also Asia market, which a lot of them are using US accounts instead because of the pitiful Asia PSN.

There is a reason that many games got localized for Asia way before NA. In English, even. The day we have better English support than Chinese will be the day I abandon my US account in favor of Asia.

Nudull

Banned
Sooo, good news/bad news.

Good news: my brother and I are very likely getting the PS4 tomorrow (or later today, it's past midnight here :p).

Bad news: my brother is trading in the PS3 and every last retail game we have. I have a lot of stuff (Kingdom Hearts, FFX, a shitload of PSN games) that I haven't gotten to finish or even start, and unless I can scrape for a PS3 myself, I'm kind of screwed. :/

Maid

Banned

Good news: my brother and I are very likely getting the PS4 tomorrow (or later today, it's past midnight here :p).

Bad news: my brother is trading in the PS3 and every last retail game we have. I have a lot of stuff (Kingdom Hearts, FFX, a shitload of PSN games) that I haven't gotten to finish or even start, and unless I can scrape for a PS3 myself, I'm kind of screwed. :/

The PS3 is cheap now so you should be saving up for one. It's a good investment for the future since there are still many great games on the PS3 that age well and worth replaying later.

Unless we have a decent PS3 simulator or Sony suddenly support BC for their PS5.

That is definitely bad news. My advice: back up every game save to a USB stick, make a list of the PSN games you want to download first should you get a new PS3 later (since the Download List system sucks so bad) and consider scraping together a little money now to keep the few physical games that might go up in price later if it happens to be a few years before you can get a new console.

As Maid said, there's good reason to have a PS3 around and hooked up to a TV for years to come.

HooYaH

That is definitely bad news. My advice: back up every game save to a USB stick, make a list of the PSN games you want to download first should you get a new PS3 later (since the Download List system sucks so bad) and consider scraping together a little money now to keep the few physical games that might go up in price later if it happens to be a few years before you can get a new console.

As Maid said, there's good reason to have a PS3 around and hooked up to a TV for years to come.

There's no need to make a list. All of the games are listed on the website and I've never had a problem. Though, I'm one of the people who will never go back to last gen even though I had a backlog mostly all digital on PS3.

Maid

Banned
There's no need to make a list. All of the games are listed on the website and I've never had a problem. Though, I'm one of the people who will never go back to last gen even though I had a backlog mostly all digital on PS3.

Finding what you want to find in the download list is the pain in the ass, especially when you have 200+ games. I believe using the script is the best way to organize your list.

To think Sony couldn't (or not bother) to do something that several individual could do.

incpdo

OK I will wait for an olli olli 2 sale but I'm going to buy Damascus gear to support arc system works which is bringing lots of games to the vita, even some are exclusives. Besides I think Damascus even when repetitive could be my kind of game.

autoduelist

The PS3 is cheap now so you should be saving up for one. It's a good investment for the future since there are still many great games on the PS3 that age well and worth replaying later.

Unless we have a decent PS3 simulator or Sony suddenly support BC for their PS5.

PS3 BC is unlikely, well, forever. PS1/PS2/PS4 BC are quite possible with PS5. Doubtful at launch though.

Good luck wading through that list to find the few games you want to play most/first after several years away -- especially if you had a PS+ sub and get one again just to play the cream of the games you had backlogged previously. It's not horrible but you will need to plan on having some time to kill up front.

PS3 BC is unlikely, well, forever. PS1/PS2/PS4 BC are quite possible with PS5. Doubtful at launch though.

Yeah... Until we've got some crazy-ass 8 core 10GHz processors, true PS3 emulation is out of the question. Guess it's possible they have hardware BC on the PS5 but that seems odd.

zychi

Banned

If possible, i recommend getting a 3.55 or lower ps3. The CFWs out now allow for full backwards compatibility regardless of what model you have. It even lets you play psp games.

OK I will wait for an olli olli 2 sale but I'm going to buy Damascus gear to support arc system works which is bringing lots of games to the vita, even some are exclusives. Besides I think Damascus even when repetitive could be my kind of game.

Oh no what have we done. Seriously Oli Oli 2 is miles better. Support a small indie developer instead. Damascus Gear is truely terrible.

https://youtu.be/VY0aEKIH118

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh no what have we done. Seriously Oli Oli 2 is miles better. Support a small indie developer instead. Damascus Gear is truely terrible.

To be entirely fair, of all the impressions/reviews I've seen around the net, yours is the only one that's completely negative. Most other Damascus Gear reviews I've seen have it solidly in the 7/10 range. I haven't seen anyone but you who seems to utterly hate it.

incpdo

I bought olli olli on day 1 but olli olli 2 seems too much like the first one and seeing bluemaxima' video of Damascus gear was enough to interest me in the game and besides I respectfuly don't agree with the game being ugly at all( its not like olli olli's backgrounds have too much inspiration too) Tho I understand is repetitive but doesn't bother me.

Edit:
Changing a little the subject I was playing PSP version of alpha 3 and its awesome I bought it a few months ago to play on vita but didn't remember what a good port was. Also after trying the turbo 7 for a few fights try to go back to normal speed and you will think the characters are floating haha. It is an incredible game worth the price and plus its the most complete version , new chars like Ingrid and jun are great additions. You only have to spend 200mb of your memory card space.

Sondar

Has a firm release date been announced for Genkai Totsuki Moero Chronicle English/Chinese version yet as I've just noticed that Play Asia have now closed the pre-orders.

VLiberty

Wait for a sale. It's been distributed as a PS+ game last month, I can't imagine buying it at full price right now being a good move.
On the other hand, games that go on ps+ on day 1 take forever to go on sale.

There are people who are still waiting for Velocity 2x to go on sale...

Tohsaka

Has a firm release date been announced for Genkai Totsuki Moero Chronicle English/Chinese version yet as I've just noticed that Play Asia have now closed the pre-orders.

It says April 10th on their site, I pre-ordered it a while back so I'll post here when it ships. Hopefully the translation is good.

Sondar

It says April 10th on their site, I pre-ordered it a while back so I'll post here when it ships. Hopefully the translation is good.

Cheers. :) I've got it pre-ordered but have to change payment details because of fraud, so I'd better pay it now with PayPal as that release date is only a week away.

autoduelist

I ordered from yesasia.com

This is the info they have:
Genkai Totsuki Moero Chronicle (Chinese / English Edition) (Asian Version) PS Vita
Our Price: US$45.99 [~€43.23]
Expected release date: April 30, 2015. Preorder Now!

It still lets you preorder.

Maybe the problem is on my side. I was expecting a story driven Rpg ala final fantasy.

Give it another chance. Building your clans over the generations is addictive and fun in all the best ways.

eFKac

As for Vita releases that I plan to get from this year, would be (depending if they hit a 50%+ sale this year):
- 2013: Infected Wars
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
- Severed
- Space Hulk
- Monsterbag

There are more games that I will buy this year that have Vita SKUs but I will play them on the PS4.

Slim I assume.
They would probably need like 2 years to bring it to the Vita, especially if some new content would be added, so can you imagine a high profile game on the Vita in late 2017 or even 2018? I can't lol.

- I would say, in about a year time
- May 12
- Cross-buy with PS4?

That's a little bit tongue in cheek, but not entirely. The SQE games will come to the PS4, and think about how many of your PSN are, or still may be ported to the PS4.
If you'll still want to go back to them after you get your hands on your PS4, grab a PS3 when it gets cheaper or during Black Friday.

Top Bottom