• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

eFKac

Damn Resistance Retribution bringing back memories!

And it controls great with a DS4!
Game really holds up, pre rendered cutscenes, great adaptive cover system, great shooting mechanics on a 2nd stick and quite a technical achievement for the hardware! So good.

Shizuka

While there are games better played on the PSTV, I just found one that plays worse on the PSTV: Project Diva F 2nd. I tried calibrating the controller, adjusting input lag and it just doesn't feel the same. It's a shame, because it sure is a looker on a big TV.

Producer

If all you plan on doing is play the campaign, the game is excellent. End game however isn't so great. I loved Freedom Wars, it made me want GE2 RB to come even more lol.

God Eater at least gets the gun/melee combo right lol. Though you can craft some OP bullets, melee is still fun and fast paced, and completely viable

Tapejara

Previously, I was using the PS Vita In-Ear Headset as my default headphone/mic combo on Vita and PS4. For $10 I was surprised by the audio quality, and they were quite comfortable. But as it so happens, the Vita Headset is almost impossible to find now, which sucks, because my pair broke a few weeks ago.

Flash forward to last week, when I ordered a pair of the Silver Wired Headset. It was on sale for $29.99, and I figured it was the best I was going to get in my price range. Honestly, I've come away pretty damn impressed. The headset sounds great on Vita, playing Minecraft in particular I can notice little sounds I was previously missing out on. On PS4, it of course sounds exceptionally well, and my friends have said the mic quality sounds good.

Of course, if you're able to afford it, I would definitely recommend jumping up into a higher price bracket - I've got my eye on some Sennheiser 598's at the moment, though those lack a mic - but for $30 the Silver Wired Headset gets the job done, and does it pretty well.

Previously, I was using the PS Vita In-Ear Headset as my default headphone/mic combo on Vita and PS4. For $10 I was surprised by the audio quality, and they were quite comfortable. But as it so happens, the Vita Headset is almost impossible to find now, which sucks, because my pair broke a few weeks ago.

Flash forward to last week, when I ordered a pair of the Silver Wired Headset. It was on sale for $29.99, and I figured it was the best I was going to get in my price range. Honestly, I've come away pretty damn impressed. The headset sounds great on Vita, playing Minecraft in particular I can notice little sounds I was previously missing out on. On PS4, it of course sounds exceptionally well, and my friends have said the mic quality sounds good.

Of course, if you're able to afford it, I would definitely recommend jumping up into a higher price bracket - I've got my eye on some Sennheiser 598's at the moment, though those lack a mic - but for $30 the Silver Wired Headset gets the job done, and does it pretty well.

Hmm, might have to grab me a pair of those.

v1perz53

Oh man, I never realized how much I liked the DS4 until I got an Xbox One. I was one of the people that preferred the 360 controller to the DS3 for absolutely everything that didn't heavily rely on a D-pad, but my god is the Xbone controller awful. Bumpers are a nightmare, and the triggers have an awkward shape. Also feels too small for my hands.

Dualshock 4 is pure perfection, my fingers all fall naturally where they should, buttons all feel good, I even like the weird touchpad as a button. Only downside is if you get a DS4 with those fall apart sticks. 1 out of my 3 had bad sticks, but it was replaced fairly quickly. Sucks if you only have one controller tho.

Nudull

Banned
Oh man, I never realized how much I liked the DS4 until I got an Xbox One. I was one of the people that preferred the 360 controller to the DS3 for absolutely everything that didn't heavily rely on a D-pad, but my god is the Xbone controller awful. Bumpers are a nightmare, and the triggers have an awkward shape. Also feels too small for my hands.

Dualshock 4 is pure perfection, my fingers all fall naturally where they should, buttons all feel good, I even like the weird touchpad as a button. Only downside is if you get a DS4 with those fall apart sticks. 1 out of my 3 had bad sticks, but it was replaced fairly quickly. Sucks if you only have one controller tho.

I always preferred Dualshocks over Xbox controllers. Never liked how the texture of the plastic on the original and 360 controllers felt.

You're Canadian, right tef? They're still $29.99 on Amazon, and I think they should be the same price at EB too. Best Buy has them for $50 for some reason :/.

EB has them too? There's two within walking distance of me - I'll just go there. :)

I never liked the XBox controllers, but I never realized how much I was settling with PlayStation's current controllers until I moved from the sixaxis/DS3 to DS4. Such a solid controller in my hands, feels perfect.

Now if they would only put out a revision with more battery life...

nampad

My lord am I the only one that finds Helldivers' controls atrocious? They are confusing and weird on the PS4, but on the Vita I find them even worse... Tap the screen to run? Swipe your finger on the back to reload/throw grenades?

Game controls weird on Vita. I think it controls like a dream on PS4 though. What do you find confusing about it?

The controls are better on PS4 but I have no issues with the Vita controls. Played for hours (rank 21) and nearly all of it on Vita.

bobawesome

While there are games better played on the PSTV, I just found one that plays worse on the PSTV: Project Diva F 2nd. I tried calibrating the controller, adjusting input lag and it just doesn't feel the same. It's a shame, because it sure is a looker on a big TV.

95% of the reason I wanted to buy a PSTV was so I could play on my tv with a Dualshock 4. It was disappointing to say the least.

Hopefully I can eventually get the settings jiggered just right.

Valkyria

Banned
Tried Oreshika demo, not really feeling it. I would like to play neptunia mk2 but waiting to grab it for 30€.

Nudull

Banned
95% of the reason I wanted to buy a PSTV was so I could play on my tv with a Dualshock 4. It was disappointing to say the least.

Hopefully I can eventually get the settings jiggered just right.

I thought about getting a Playstation TV, if nothing else but to have a backup Vita paired up with my PS3 and PS4. Playing games on a bigger screen is a pretty big appeal. :3

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unchained Blades is up there in my disdain with Mind Zero. A total wasted opportunity on the 3DS version, it could have beaten EO IV to market by half a year in the US and it was quite possibly the least optimized game for the system ever. Oh hey, lets make a dungeon crawler and not use the second screen for it at all. Also let's forgo changing the buttons back to Nintendo standard for cancel/confirm.

It's a slightly better game than Mind Zero though. Probably slightly better than Conception 2 as well.

bobawesome

For those of you who have been keeping up with my dead pixel saga, I was finally able to talk to talk to someone the other day who told me to just go ahead and ship the Vita to Sony even if I don't have the receipt. There's a 50/50 chance I won't have to pay the $70 repair fee so that's reason enough for me to hope. I can't wait to get all this behind me so I can finally play Fragment's Note.

I thought about getting a Playstation TV, if nothing else but to have a backup Vita paired up with my PS3 and PS4. Playing games on a bigger screen is a pretty big appeal. :3

The novelty can wear itself pretty thin if you already have a Vita. Our situations may be different, however, as I've always preferred playing on handhelds.

incpdo

So its my time to ask: what vita games are you expecting to buy the rest of the year? I'm personally waiting for axiom verge , shovel knight and mighty n9 as must have. The rest of the year is like a mistery regarding what games I might buy what about you vitacats?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unless you absolutely hate handhelds or literally cannot afford the slightly higher price the actual Vita will be a better proposition ten times out of ten.

SerTapTap

I love my PS TV. If you already have a Vita it's a great way to play a lot of games on a nice controller and TV, and you don't really have to worry much about it's limitations, silly as they occasionally may be.

So its my time to ask: what vita games are you expecting to buy the rest of the year? I'm personally waiting for axiom verge , shovel knight and mighty n9 as must have. The rest of the year is like a mistery regarding what games I might buy what about you vitacats?

These are my for sure purchases for 2015 release titles not yet launched in NA;
  • Baboon!
  • Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Not a Hero
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
  • Operation Abyss: Tokyo New Legacy
  • Poncho
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2
  • Steins;Gate
  • XBlaze Lost: Memories

But I expect many more as Bamco games get localization announcements.

Shizuka

My PSTV breathed a new life to a couple of games I didn't find attractive the first time around on my Vita. Freedom Wars, Killzone Mercenary, La-Mulana EX, EDF2017 Portable, to mention a couple of them.

bobohoro

Axiom Verge, Hatoful Boyfriend, Steins;Gate, Operation Abyss, DR: Another Episode and TiTS SC are a lock. Might double-dip for Pirate Warriors 3 and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax to have them on the go.

But I'm probably missing lots of stuff on my list. Titan Souls, Hyper Light Drifter and other Indies, bunch of VNs and most everything Scamco manages to bring over.

Nudull

Banned

In terms of what interests me, there's;

Steins;Gate
XBlaze Lost: Memories
Danganronpa Another Episode
Hatoful Boyfriend
Disney Infinity 2.0
J-Stars Victory Vs. +
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
Hyper Light Drifter
Day of the Tentacle
Operation Abyss
Persona 4 Dancing All Night
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3

There are probably some games I'm forgetting, though. :(

bobawesome

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Steins;Gate
VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action

I don't know enough about Hatoful Boyfriend to put it in the definitely camp but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Tohsaka

Off the top of my head:

Moero Chronicle
Hypedimension Neptunia U
Hypedimension Neptunia Re;birth3
Operation Abyss
Danganronpa AE
Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari

There are some other Vita games I want with announced localizations, like SAO Lost Song but I'd rather play them on PS3/4.

deadfolk

Probably everything everyone else has mentioned!

For me so far:

• Steins;Gate
  • Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • Lost Dimension
  • Shovel Knight (cross-buy)
  • Day of the Tentacle (cross-buy)

Perhaps Bastion too. Mighty No. 9 and Hyper Light Drifter will probably be for my PS4, unsure if they will be cross-buy. Need to do more research on Haotoful Boyfriend, but I'm leaning no.

So is there a good $10-30 Bluetooth headset (mic and speaker) for Vita and PSTV?

Need something for when I am Remote Playing in hotel rooms while I travel since the DS4 headset jack is not an option.

Tapejara

Had to do a bit of research to see what was coming this year:

• Bastion (April TBA)
  • Titan Souls (April 14th)
  • Shovel Knight (April 21st)
  • Broken Age (April 28th)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Action Unleashed (May TBA)
  • Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (June 9th)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 V Generation (June TBA)
  • Lost Dimension (July TBA)
  • Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (September 1st)
  • Project Root (TBA)
  • + So many more indies, it would take me forever to look up their release dates, let alone remember all of them.

autoduelist

I have Operation Abyss and Moero Chronicles bought and paid for. Oh, and Cosmic Star Heroine kickstartered if that comes out this year.

Other than that, there's a huge number of games coming out that i want day 1, but will probably wait 6 months for a sale on given I have the backlog to support said wait.

edit - oh, except for Son of Scoregasm. I'll buy that day 1 to support charlie's games and dual stick shooters on vita. don't know where that is though, it's one of the MIA games.

Oh... and galax-z is Day 1 as long as it's reasonably priced (<=$15)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The only things I'm planning on buying are Neptunia U and Dengeki Bunko. Of course I'll probably end up buying more, but that's all I'm planning on.

Had to do a bit of research to see what was coming this year:

• Bastion (April TBA)
  • Titan Souls (April 14th)
  • Shovel Knight (April 21st)
  • Broken Age (April 28th)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Action Unleashed (May TBA)
  • Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (June 9th)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 V Generation (June TBA)
  • Lost Dimension (July TBA)
  • Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (September 1st)
  • Project Root (TBA)
  • + So many more indies, it would take me forever to look up their release dates, let alone remember all of them.

Project Root hits the 28th of April.

incpdo

Oh yeah, I forgot about Broken Age. I'll most likely end up getting that eventually too. Maybe on sale.
I cannot believe i forgot about ultra despair girls so add that to my list. I also expect some miracle announcement regarding gravity rush 2 on vita but I know if that happens the game will not come out until 2016.

Tapejara

Honestly, even if most of the games aren't exclusive, this year's been great for Vita so far.

You've got, La-Mulana EX, Oreshika, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, Helldivers, Axiom Verge (when it releases), Soldner X-2, Flame Over, Hotline Miami 2, the Neptunia games, Grim Fandango and so many more.. I've definitely spent more time on my Vita these past few months than I did in the latter half of 2014, when it was mostly a Spelunky machine.

Maid

Banned
Can't remember what I am going to buy for my Vita, since there are too many. I just put all of them on my calendar and make it remind me 10 days before release date.

Next one would be Moero Chronicle and Operation Abyss, along with Steins;Gate when it's out.

incpdo

Can't remember what I am going to buy for my Vita, since there are too many. I just put all of them on my calendar and make it remind me 10 days before release date.

Next one would be Moero Chronicle and Operation Abyss, along with Steins;Gate when it's out.
That's actually a very smart move I might do the same.
When will axiom verge release on vita?

Totally unrelated to gaming, just came from the movies after watching FF7 (no, not final fantasy) and goddamn it was so good. Paul Walker's send off tho... Hit right in the feels. Fellow VitaGaffers, put your Vitas/controllers down and go watch it.

Shizuka

Will it be crossbuy? I cannot wait anymore!!!! I want to play this thing. Superbunnyhop review left me wandering if its worthy of my money tho.

Yes, it will be. If you buy the PS4 version know, you'll get the Vita one when it's released.

incpdo

Totally unrelated to gaming, just came from the movies after watching FF7 (no, not final fantasy) and goddamn it was so good. Paul Walker's send off tho... Hit right in the feels. Fellow VitaGaffers, put your Vitas/controllers down and go watch it.
Put my Vita down? Never!!! ( I plan to see the movie at some point, seems fun)

Top Bottom