• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

SerTapTap

So I'm deleting some of my 0% trophy lists. Neat feature even though you cannot delete 1/2% trophy lists and you can't even sort games on the mobile app.

Of course if I get some trophies on the games I'm deleting, the trophy lists will appear again rigth?

Yes, it does nothing but make it pretend you never launched the game. I think even running the game again makes it pop up. It's a neat idea but extremely futile IMO, at least when you have as many games as I do. Without a nice PC ui to let me filter by % and check off which ones to delete, it's too annoying and does too little to clean up my list. Hundreds of games, deleting a few 0%s won't do shit. Just give me better sorting options.

Nudull

Banned
You know, importing is something I've been wanting to do. There have been a lot of Japanese games (PS2/3, DS, Vita, Dreamcast, etc.) that I've wanted to own, but money issues have always been a hurdle for me. I also don't know how long it will take for me to learn/understand Japanese without English subtitles, though I do want to.

You know, importing is something I've been wanting to do. There have been a lot of Japanese games (PS2/3, DS, Vita, Dreamcast, etc.) that I've wanted to own, but money issues have always been a hurdle for me. I also don't know how long it will take for me to learn/understand Japanese without English subtitles, though I do want to.

the Yen is pretty weak right now, and older japanese games tend to be cheaper, so money isn't as huge a hurdle as you might think.

Plus some vita games especially Asian/Chinese versions have english Subs and text.

Yup. Importing these days is pretty trivial. There's always a site with what you want, shipping isn't TOO bad, and lots of games get asian releases with english sub/dub.

Nudull

Banned
Yup. Importing these days is pretty trivial. There's always a site with what you want, shipping isn't TOO bad, and lots of games get asian releases with english sub/dub.

Don't have a job right now though, and money's gonna be tight for a while until that changes. :/

v1perz53

Yes, it does nothing but make it pretend you never launched the game. I think even running the game again makes it pop up. It's a neat idea but extremely futile IMO, at least when you have as many games as I do. Without a nice PC ui to let me filter by % and check off which ones to delete, it's too annoying and does too little to clean up my list. Hundreds of games, deleting a few 0%s won't do shit. Just give me better sorting options.

It actually helped me a lot with PS3 trophy list useability. With the number of games I have now the PS3 trophy list on online mode was unuseable, if I would open it up to check a game I would be stuck there for 3-5 minutes until it loaded every single game on my list one at a time, couldn't exit the list until it was done. PS3 was basically frozen. After deleting around 20-30 0% games it brought the list back to working order.

Though I really wish there was a simple "get rid of every 0% game" button instead of having to do each one manually.

SerTapTap

It's really not that hard if you go through amazon, amiami or good sellers on ebay. I imported Senran Kagura Estival Versus with no real issue, beyond missing on a cool merchant bonus item I didn't know existed. The yen is weak so with shipping it's often not really too much more than a new normal game. Of course, if the price of a new normal game is a problem for your finances, it's not any easier to import either.

Though I really wish there was a simple "get rid of every 0% game" button instead of having to do each one manually.

Yeah, a delete all 0% trophies button makes way more sense...since the action isn't really destructive at all. I'd happily press that.

Nudull

Banned
It's really not that hard if you go through amazon, amiami or good sellers on ebay. I imported Senran Kagura Estival Versus with no real issue, beyond missing on a cool merchant bonus item I didn't know existed. The yen is weak so with shipping it's often not really too much more than a new normal game. Of course, if the price of a new normal game is a problem for your finances, it's not any easier to import either.

I've considered trying Play-Asia or amiami (even made accounts on both), though I may also check out Amazon. I've always been a bit weary of scammers on eBay, though I do know they have a protection system for that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You can disable trophy notifications and just pretend they don't exist.

I did that but some of the notifications still show up when I'm looking through the menu. Plus accidentally hitting trophy sync on the PS3 is such a costly mistake.

SerTapTap

PS3 trophy sync is ridiculously bad. Glad you can set it to do it overnight. I'm surprised it never got fixed, no reason for the Vita to be SO much faster at it.

I've considered trying Play-Asia or amiami (even made accounts on both), though I may also check out Amazon. I've always been a bit weary of scammers on eBay, though I do know they have a protection system for that.

On Amazon it's basically the same as any thirdparty seller except you're waiting weeks instead of days for the item. Just look at feedback counts on Amazon and Ebay, even with buyer protection I don't like to trust a just-launched store, wasting my time is almost as bad as wasting my money anyway.

I don't like Play Asia for games or Amazon for figures unless they're clearly the cheapest. AmiAmi is usually fair but usually they only have recent stuff. Just do a quick sanity check at a couple places because it's all third party at ebay/amazon and unlike domestic goods there's less competition to keep everything at/below MSRP

Prelude.

PS3 trophy sync is ridiculously bad. Glad you can set it to do it overnight. I'm surprised it never got fixed, no reason for the Vita to be SO much faster at it.
The trophy system got patched in after launch on PS3 so it probably can't work in any other way than that. And the reason it's so slow it's because you sync every single trophy you have every time, on the Vita only the new ones.

incpdo

I might be biased as im a fan of this particular game. I have the physical copies of the original psx Japanese version as well as na and PSP umd version of the game. I'm talking about Castlevania Symphony of the night. I like the music so much that I have the original japanese ost. I have played entirely the Saturn version.I have finished All of them several times( except psp)and i have enjoy them all although I can say all the differences between them and which one is the better version IMO.

So let's cut the crap and say , not so long ago i have bought the digital version of dxc and for some reason I have never finished the included version of symphony of the night. So today I finally can say I have finished all the endings and this is by far the best version, even when psx version was the best one , this one has some interesting details that for me and taking into account you get 3.5 games for the price of 1 is great. So here are the differences I have found( although they are not spoiler there is people who might enjoy discovering this differences)

First of all the game has the 2 familiars that never make it from the Japanese version of the game.

One of those familiars is a faerie that is pretty much the same as the other one but you can activate a secret song ( which is also dubbed in English or Japanese) that is beautiful.

The game can be played dubbed in japanese or english as well as Dracula x chronicles which is already a strong point for me. English voices are OK but Japanese ones are absolutely great. And having the option to switch is awesome.

This version lost the " I am the wind" of the credits which is not a big lost for me it was a different tone than the game has so it is alright.
I have to say to the confused people this game is not either the psx or Saturn version and it doesn't contain the " new and horrible exclusive level" the Saturn version has.
This version is unique with new voices and translation and a new playable Maria that is not the Saturn Maria, is one they created from scratch.

The silent intro( besides the background music) that shows a text telling the story of Richter and Alucard so far has a new voice reading the text so you don't have to.

There is also a new " battle" between Alucard and Maria before you get to the second part of the game.
The game has better and faster loading times and it doesn't have as many slowdowns as the psx and Saturn versions.

So yep those people who are on the verge of buying either Dracula x Chronicles or The PsnOne classic version. Don't think anymore and get the PSP version it also looks great on the Vita's screen.

Shizuka

I so want a purple PSP. :c

Why'd it get paired up with a Hanna Montana bundle in the US, anyway?

Because they can!

EHYv7Ax.gif

Nudull

Banned
Because they can!

EHYv7Ax.gif

Not that I'd be embarrassed. I have a pink Dualshock 3 that I'll be saying farewell to, on top of having a pink 3DS XL. I've crossed the event horizon ages ago. I also like cute, vibrant colors. :3

I just couldn't give less of a shit about that show. :p

Maid

Banned
Not that I'd be embarrassed. I have a pink Dualshock 3 that I'll be saying farewell to, on top of having a pink 3DS XL. I've crossed the event horizon ages ago. I also like cute, vibrant colors. :3

I just couldn't give less of a shit about that show. :p

Why would you get embarrassed? Real men wear pink.

In all seriousness, I have a pink Vita pouch that I'm carrying around all the time, I don't really think people (obviously not all of them) nowadays associate color with gender/personality anymore.

incpdo

In all seriousness, I have a pink Vita pouch that I'm carrying around all the time, I don't really think people (obviously not all of them) nowadays associate color with gender/personality anymore.
I have a dark pink Nintendo ds lite,bought it because it was cheap but the color is cute for me too.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

mqdefault.jpg

*Most recent pic from a pre-PS4 release interview
KazPink--article_image.jpg

Kaz wears pink and not a single fuck was given to what others think.

Nudull

Banned

Some guys (my brother included) give me shit and looks all the time for my 3DS especially, but whatever. I'm above the gender-coding crap.

I should get a Vita pouch.

Ugh. I'm on my second attempt to restore my backed up Vita memory from an old 32 GB card to a new 64 GB one via PS3. It gets hung up about 10% of the way in. Should I just leave it overnight and see if it resolves itself?

This is so goddamn annoying. I guess I'll just have to put my game saves in the cloud and DL every fucking game individually. It's going to take days.

Xenoflare

Anyone experiencing frequent drops when browsing the PS store on the Vita after 3.50?

I'm getting NP2245-3 VERY frequently.

Shizuka

I hope we get to see their partnership with Bamco, Ray Gigant
please Bamco don't fuck this one up and bring it over. If not let NISA handle it.
:
713725864af9a5d79243c46650cc_18907de40e7118597e4ede9ff0cf64d876133896082e5458.jpg

Just a few screenshots to get everyone's attention (in case you haven't seen them yet):

I'm really hopeful EXP games will keep bringing an acceptable amount of profit and awareness for NISA, that they might keep bringing them overseas.

I'm really hopeful EXP games will keep bringing an acceptable amount of profit and awareness for NISA, that they might keep bringing them overseas.

The thing is how this is a Bamco x EXP thing you know... And if Bamco is to do what they have been doing until now with all of their other great handheld releases
: fucking NOTHING,
we may not see this one ever :/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Namco goes through waves. Sometimes they will localize stuff that makes no sense, sometimes they will half ass things, and sometimes they'll skip out on some games for seemingly no good reason. They've been good on the Vita though for the most part.

Nudull

Banned
NISA and Bamco have been pretty good to us, lately. I would never imagine a Jump fighting game ever making it overseas, or Danganronpa being as successful as it is. I'm very thankful.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The thing is how this is a Bamco x EXP thing you know... And if Bamco is to do what they have been doing until now with all of their other great handheld releases
: fucking NOTHING,
we may not see this one ever :/

As mentioned before on a different subject with titles, but seeing how aggressive BanNam is being with SE Asia at least there would be potentially a SE Asian + English version released if no US one is made.

Am sure they will be very interested to see how Operation Abyss does in general just to get a feeling on how the market still is with Experience Inc titles in the West.

deadfolk

Since Im down 1 screen in the apartment and now there is a unused PSVTV sitting around am so tempted to preorder one of these just for the hell of it. Though will have to wait till / IF the next rounds make it. As the initial pre-orders seem to be closed for now.

http://www.gametech.co.jp/preorder/dekavita7/

I would actually be interested in this just for the ability to connect it to PS3 (although it's wired, obviously).

As mentioned before on a different subject with titles, but seeing how aggressive BanNam is being with SE Asia at least there would be potentially a SE Asian + English version released if no US one is made.

Am sure they will be very interested to see how Operation Abyss does in general just to get a feeling on how the market still is with Experience Inc titles in the West.
Everyone and their mother needs to buy Operation Abyss. VitaGaf, you know what you must do.

Tizoc

So my current ranking of the Ys games are
1- Ys 3 (Oath in Felghana)
2- Ys Seven
3- Ys 1=Ys 2

I'm playing Origin now and it might tie with Seven as my 2nd fav. if not with OiF.

deadfolk

I just discovered what was causing the audio drop-outs when playing GTA V (and only GTA V) via remote play. Sharing here in case anyone else has the same problem.

Just disconnect your HDMI cable from the PS4. That's it. Don't ask me why. Works a treat, both on Vita and Vita TV. Vita TV is wired, but the problem still happens if the HDMI on the PS4 is connected.

I just discovered what was causing the audio drop-outs when playing GTA V (and only GTA V) via remote play. Sharing here in case anyone else has the same problem.

Just disconnect your HDMI cable from the PS4. That's it. Don't ask me why. Works a treat, both on Vita and Vita TV. Vita TV is wired, but the problem still happens if the HDMI on the PS4 is connected.

Hmm. Probably trying to do Surround Sound output? Do you have audio normally to 5.1 or higher?

Nudull

Banned
So my current ranking of the Ys games are
1- Ys 3 (Oath in Felghana)
2- Ys Seven
3- Ys 1=Ys 2

I'm playing Origin now and it might tie with Seven as my 2nd fav. if not with OiF.

I haven't played an Ys game. Which should I start out with?

Sarcasm

Can anybody load the account section after logging in? It took me over a minute to even load the log in page, even more to log in.

autoduelist

let me delete any trophy i want, not just 0% ones

Would potentially cause griefing situations when other people (brothers, friends, whatever) with access to the console delete hard trophies. I can see not providing that functionality.

They did not reserve enough system level resources for everything they ended up needing to do on PS3. That's why everything works so badly.

I don't really think people (obviously not all of them) nowadays associate color with gender/personality anymore.

Definitely not true, at least where I live. People use color to identify baby/toddler gender all the time -- in their defense, its sometimes it's the only way to tell. It makes sense that sort of 'training' would stick with a lot of people.

Color identification (beyond just gender) is an established 'thing'. For example, you can affect how people perceive you based on the color tie you wear (politicians use this regularly). A lot of money is spent researching that sort of thing.

I realize there's a lot of reasons people wish this sort of stuff would just 'go away', but it most likely never will - it's likely ingrained into us by nature -- even animals use colors to put forth messages to the world. That we associate some colors with gender is hardly surprising.

everything from experience.

So all Experience games can be imported with english subtitles and no language barrier?

Top Bottom