• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Is there a PS Now thread? Don't know a whole lot about the service but am fairly interested since I had an Xbox last gen and would like to catch up on a few games I missed like the Uncharted series.

Tohsaka

LoH_Sen_no_Kiseki_cover.jpg

At least this is all Falcom and might get announced any day now.

Hopefully. I'm thinking XSEED will probably wait until Trails SC is finally out before announcing Sen, though.

SerTapTap

If you bought Axiom Verge (and you should--note it won't be on sale for over 6 months), don't forget to peek into the Axiom Verge OT for help or just to talk about your experiences. Can't recommend the game enough.

Still struggling to add a PS4 to my budget, I... have a stupid question.

If the pad is as wonderful as everyone says it is, I will want to use it on my PC too, but in that case... wouldn't I be forced to buy a second controller ? These days I have no PS3 and so the DualShock 3 is only used by the PC, but what if I have a PS4 plugged and I try using a DualShock 4 it with the PC, won't this result in a big mess ?

The thing is awfully hard to explain but it's quite simple in reality, can I use a DS4 with a PS4 AND a PC ?

You can use the same pad on PC and PS4, it's just a bit of a pain. If the DS4 is attached though USB to a PC it shouldn't be acting as a PS4 controller, and if you pair it over bluetooth it certainly won't control the PS4 (it's annoying to resync though). I'm using DS4Windows (highly, highly recommended) so I don't know for 100% if that's how it works for the stock drivers too, but I think it does. You can even set a special LED color in DS4Windows so you know it's in "PC Mode" not PS4.

DS4 is my fav pad for PC BTW, great d pad, better than DS3 in every way, the touchpad as mouse replacement is so nice for Big Picture Mode in steam for games that still have mouse for menus. I pretty much never use the 360 pad anymore on PC.

Vylash

nothing like seeing Sen boxart posted, getting excited thinking there's a localization announcement, and getting sad again

Xenoflare

nothing like seeing Sen boxart posted, getting excited thinking there's a localization announcement, and getting sad again

An honest question, Does Xseed have the manpower to consistently localize the series? Compared to their usual fares Trails is tremendously heavy on the text part.

Yes I know all about the hardships localizing SC. I genuinely hope whoever is in charge is feeling better now.

My personal wish is for the Evolutioned trails to have Chinese localizations.... Trails is one of the few "modern" JRPGs that are officially localized in Chinese. With the Vita getting launched in China I hope this means something to Falcom.

But who am I kidding? It probably doesn't mean anything to them.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
An honest question, Does Xseed have the manpower to consistently localize the series? Compared to their usual fares Trails is tremendously heavy on the text part.

Yes I know all about the hardships localizing SC. I genuinely hope whoever is in charge is feeling better now.

Seeing how long they take Id say no.

Tizoc

So I went to my usual shop to get a copy of MKX for PS4.
My shop has the EU ver. but no SE of any kind that comes with bonus stuff.
So then I ask if they got any used Vita games, and lo and behold
a used copy of NFS MW Vita that I got for free by trading in 2 PS3 games

I call that a win~

Now to wait til X-Mas for MKX SE to go for 50% off :V

My personal wish is for the Evolutioned trails to have Chinese localizations.... Trails is one of the few "modern" JRPGs that are officially localized in Chinese. With the Vita getting launched in China I hope this means something to Falcom.

But who am I kidding? It probably doesn't mean anything to them.

Seeing how long they take Id say no.

They only have 1 person to do their PC stuff, keep in mind that so far the Trails games are the ones that are taking the most time, mainly due to the amount of translation needed for them, and that XSEED also release other stuff besides that one game; look at their output in the past year til now and not just their Sony systems releases

Just be glad we're even getting the games, you lot have a good number of moeslut/loliwhore/life+hometown games on your Vitas to keep you occupied til you can sink your teeth into Kiseki @_@

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
They only have 1 person to do their PC stuff, keep in mind that so far the Trails games are the ones that are taking the most time, mainly due to the amount of translation needed for them, and that XSEED also release other stuff besides that one game; look at their output in the past year til now and not just their Sony systems releases

Already knew that, but still answering the question with the obvious answer which is "No".

Man I've been so wrapped up in school work I haven't been able to give gaming much love. Bloodborne is on a standby for now due to school being frustrating enough as is, I've only been playing Kiwami every few days, and that's when I am not doing readings or final projects. I'm tired lol.

SerTapTap

Senran Kagura has a ton of text and they've been localizing those pretty quickly

ZEN Pinball: South Park: Super-Sweet Pinball

Have you ever wanted to play mediocre pinball while that annoying guy from school who would just would say random South Park catchphrases was in the room? You should play Zen Pinball SouthPark. The Butters table doesn't even have that many expressions so it will make you hate Butters forever. Glad I got this super cheap in the flash sale.

5/10

ozDXxOn.jpg

wgOWU5D.jpg

bobohoro

Senran Kagura has a ton of text and they've been localizing those pretty quickly

The amount of text in a SK game is really tiny compared to TiTS. And probably easier to translate as well, since terminology and plot consistency aren't quite on the same level of complexity. Not saying that XSeed aren't kinda slow with the series (they are) but there is nothing in their catalogue that compares in terms of effort required and possible return on that effort.

RK128

I've heard bad things of EM2 and the original was already bad enough for me, but as a 3d platformer sucker I still want to try it...

Boy, do I have a lot to say about this series :l...

I loved the Wii game when I got it back in 2010 and beat the thing god knows how many times (almost got all the pins too); the game was great to me at the time, but as I kept playing it, the games painful lost of potential just kept going on in the back of my mind. "Why doesn't the brush work like Okami's Celesta Brush?", "What do you mean my choices have no impact on the ending I get?!", and most annoyingly, "Why does everyone react to my choices in-game but in cut-scenes they have no impact at all?".

For a game that promised so much and looked so promising, it just left a very sour taste in many mouth's :(. I loved the game too at one point and as a huge fan of Disney, it really pissed me off to see that element not used nearly as well as I thought.

Regarding the second game, I got it during a the January sale back in early 2014 for 8 bucks and......it is okay :l. The visuals look nice on the Vita's screen (I think it is native res?), the camera works better then the other versions of the game, the touch screen painting works quite well and the frame rate is a bit better then the other versions too (not that great though sadly). The game's biggest issue is how both the partner AI is stupid and how it fixes none of the flaws of the original, in fact the game has new flaws all together X(.

The AI for your partner is not smart at all, so when you have to use him to jump higher or hover, it doesn't always work for example. The level design is also worse for some baffling reason, so it isn't nearly as focuses as the original game (and even then, the original's level design was only okay). Lastly, your choices have even less impact here then the original, as it is played like a normal Disney adventure; Mickey goes back into the Wasteland to help Oswald with an issue after the events of the first game. Their is finally VA in the game (a very odd omission in the original, as looked very cheap on Disney's part) and the songs are well done, so that is a nice thing about the game :).

Overall, I just am annoyed at how Disney took this amazing concept for a darker take on the Mickey Mouse IP and Disney as an whole and just squandered it; as the Zero Punctuation review states; "The potential just specters over the game".

It is a good game and for 10 bucks, you can't beat a okay platformer :). But anything higher then that, don't pick it up; a waste of time and if you have expectations, the game will squander them like nothing X(.

Sorry if I sound so bitter here, but this series is a case that I feel cheated with; being drawn in by such a great concept but being let down at how underused it ended up being.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I've decided to finally put down a list of games where you can't find a physical print in North America, where you'll have to impost from elsewhere if you want a retail copy:

Japanese games:

- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Europe, Asia);
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Asia);
- Soul Sacrifice Delta (Asia);
- Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (Asia);
- New Little King's Story (Europe, Asia);
- Dokuro (Asia);
- Moero Chronicles (Asia);
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Asia);
- Steins;Gate (Europe);
- Minecraft (Europe, Asia);
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD (Asia);
- Orgarhythm* (Asia);
- J-Stars Victory+ (Europe);
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Europe).

Western games:

- Playstation Pets (Europe);
- Football Manager 14 (Europe);
- Ratchet and Clank Trilogy (Europe);
- PQube racing games / MotoGP, MXGP (Europe);
- Tetris Ultimate (Europe);
- Invizimals (Europe);
- Farming Simulator 2014 (Europe);
- The Muppets Movie Adventure (Europe);
- Space Hulk (Europe).

Indies:

- Retro City Rampage DX;
- Teslagrad.

Steins;Gate is listed as for now, you can only pre-order the european version. Am I missing anything?

* Thanks Ventara!

Oh, you need to add these:
MUD FIM Motorcross World Championship
WRC racing series (2 games)
Best of Arcade Games (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playst...68?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item4adb9d5b0c)

And remove:
Farming Simulator 2014
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYPWE2G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I guess the Rugby games fall under the same thing as the Tadeo Jones, EU/AU exclusives.
Also, did Tetris Ultimate ever come out in Europe? Amazon has had it as a pre-order for ages.

Tizoc

Manpower itself? Not really, then again they are a small company :V
Consistently localize the series? If they stick with it then you can expect an English release of a Trails game every 2-3 years =3

RK128

Axiom Verge probably won't ever come to PS+ btw. Glad the dev's being so transparent about this.

While that is a bit of a shame, it is no big deal :); this is a fantastic tittle that deserves to be bought by everyone, so it not coming to Plus isn't bad at all :D.

Besides, things change over time and if the developer is happy with the PS+ Contract Sony offers or feels like it being on PS+ can help spread the word on the game, then I hope things turn out great for him with that then :).

I plan on getting the Vita version of this no matter what (alongside Mighty No. 9, Broken Age, and Shovel Knight across the next two months), so I'm cool with whatever happens in this case :D.

bobohoro

The Lone Survivor developer said the same thing at launch.

That's what the probably is for! :D

Nonetheless props for the dev and the idea of more transparent pricing structure. I just hope they pull through and remain true to their promises, I'd really like a more stable economical environment for video games.

Sondar

Oh, you need to add these:
MUD FIM Motorcross World Championship
WRC racing series (2 games)
Best of Arcade Games (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playst...68?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item4adb9d5b0c)

And remove:
Farming Simulator 2014
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYPWE2G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I guess the Rugby games fall under the same thing as the Tadeo Jones, EU/AU exclusives.
Also, did Tetris Ultimate ever come out in Europe? Amazon has had it as a pre-order for ages.

Nope, Tetris Ultimate & Teslagrad have yet to get released. Plus Spain got an Invizimals Special Edition.

SerTapTap

That's what the probably is for! :D

Nonetheless props for the dev and the idea of more transparent pricing structure. I just hope they pull through and remain true to their promises, I'd really like a more stable economical environment for video games.

I think they will, Axiom's had great reviews and seems fairly popular, though I hoped the OT would get more activity. Lots of people viewing my guide/thanking me for it though. Really the only major complaints I've seen about it is that the Vita/PC versions aren't out yet, and I'm willing to forgive that for a single person job (well, and the PC version is delayed because of pub fund which allowed the game to even be finished this year, so that's fine).

SerTapTap

Holy crap the Dubloon7 guy posting repeatedly in that twitter thread is a jerk with an agenda. Some people.

On reading the full thread yeah he's an ass, but on the plus side Tom's response to him is the first time I've seen them talk about (and decline) PS+. There have been lots of gross tweets toward that account by PC players and a few Vita ones, it's pretty sad to see.

Holy crap the Dubloon7 guy posting repeatedly in that twitter thread is a jerk with an agenda. Some people.

Wow. I guess it sucks to be 12 and rely on your PS+ you mom gave you for Christmas for games. You probably have nothing better to do than complain about PS+ games. Get a paper route or something for $20.

Shizuka

Halo MCC's patches are a lot bigger than 1GB.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

It's pretty simple, he wants to know the download and total size for Killzone Mercenary. It's 3GB before the patch, I don't know the total after all the updates.

VLiberty

*snip*
Sorry if I sound so bitter here, but this series is a case that I feel cheated with; being drawn in by such a great concept but being let down at how underused it ended up being.

Don't worry, unless I can find it for 5€ or so I'll never bite. I can feel your pain, I remember the first concepts of the first game and yeah, the final game definitely didn't deliver on those, but I was at least expecting a fun game and the game bored me to tears instead. I've dropped it not too far into the game though, maybe I'll give it another chance someday. I remember I played it right after inFamous which I also dropped due to boredom. Last year I gave inFamous another shot and I actually liked it a lot.

Oh, the 3DS game was also surprisingly good, at least in my opinion, as I see that a lot of people tend to shit on that game.

so how much is Killzone Mercenary in space? wasnt there like a 1gb patch?
AFAIK there was another patch later that reduced the overall size, now it should take take around <4gb

ZeroAKA

It's pretty simple, he wants to know the download and total size for Killzone Mercenary. It's 3GB before the patch, I don't know the total after all the updates.
My bad, I thought he was talking about a specific game that's similar to KZM but takes place in space. >.>

Top Bottom