• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

I played the conception 2 demo just for kicks and... it actually made me want to play the full game.

Also played the Oreshika demo, the game is nice but I got the feeling it might get too repetitive in the long run.

Shizuka

How often do you guys buy NISA limited editions? I'm always so tempted. :eek:

I have every single Vita limited edition from NISA. Completely worth it.

Surprised the LE's still in stock, hopefully stays that way by the time I get paid.
edit; wait, do they charge upfront or when it ships?

They do a pre-authorization that's lifted after a couple of days.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I've bought them all as well as I like collecting Vita titles.
Still kicking myself for missing the original Neptunia one from Iffy, and I can't believe it still sells for so much second hand.

Shizuka

I've bought them all as well as I like collecting Vita titles.
Still kicking myself for missing the original Neptunia one from Iffy, and I can't believe it still sells for so much second hand.

I'm glad I'm not collecting the IFI ones, the international shipping is outrageous and the way they handled it for the first Rebirth game was awful.

SerTapTap

I'm glad I'm not collecting the IFI ones, the international shipping is outrageous and the way they handled it for the first Rebirth game was awful.

They've been handled fine since the first one, they definitely learned their lesson. Not super surprised about international shipping.

autoduelist

I played the conception 2 demo just for kicks and... it actually made me want to play the full game.

Also played the Oreshika demo, the game is nice but I got the feeling it might get too repetitive in the long run.

Oreshika can get a bit repetitive if you focus on the wrong things (like i seem to naturally do). If you focus on pushing forward the main story and just generally have fun building a clan and exploring the dungeons, i think you'd be fine -- building a clan definitely gets addictive, and based on the forums I've read, most people take it far, far more seriously than I do. Still, at $20 it's a steal no matter how deep it gets its claws into you. (I'm currently on break from it, but not from lack of liking it).

Conception 2 really depends on what you're liking about the demo. If all the system concepts appeal to you (3 teams of 3 kids of different classes! chain gauges! make tons of secret skills! positional battle!) it's worth noting that auto-battle works better throughout the game so those systems are ultimately (sadly) unnecessary. I found the game an absolute grind in the purest sense of the word -- autobattle after autobattle, clicking through conversations, autobattle after autobattle, clicking through conversations, braindead dungeon design, trying to get random events to show up, etc. If, however, you like dating all those girls and hearing background story, then someone else should comment since i was on auto-click during that stuff. There is simply nothing engaging about the dungeons whatsoever because the game was improperly balanced and gives you absolutely no reason to use skills, worry about weak points, or do anything but autobattle. I wasn't even overleveled based on online recommendations (which I checked)... in fact, if anything i was underleveled though i don't understand how anyone could have needed higher level characters).

That said, i really thought i was going to like it a lot based on the concept of creating 'teams' with secret skills and all the cool gauges and stuff in combat. in fact, my early reviews said just that -- i was enamored with all the varied systems. it's just that i never, ever had to use any of that stuff in actual combat.

Don't do it! I fell into the same trap

don't

do

it

Oreshika can get a bit repetitive if you focus on the wrong things (like i seem to naturally do). If you focus on pushing forward the main story and just generally have fun building a clan and exploring the dungeons, i think you'd be fine -- building a clan definitely gets addictive, and based on the forums I've read, most people take it far, far more seriously than I do. Still, at $20 it's a steal no matter how deep it gets its claws into you. (I'm currently on break from it, but not from lack of liking it).

Conception 2 really depends on what you're liking about the demo. If all the system concepts appeal to you (3 teams of 3 kids of different classes! chain gauges! make tons of secret skills! positional battle!) it's worth noting that auto-battle works better throughout the game so those systems are ultimately (sadly) unnecessary. I found the game an absolute grind in the purest sense of the word -- autobattle after autobattle, clicking through conversations, autobattle after autobattle, clicking through conversations, braindead dungeon design, trying to get random events to show up, etc. If, however, you like dating all those girls and hearing background story, then someone else should comment since i was on auto-click during that stuff. There is simply nothing engaging about the dungeons whatsoever because the game was improperly balanced and gives you absolutely no reason to use skills, worry about weak points, or do anything but autobattle. I wasn't even overleveled based on online recommendations (which I checked)... in fact, if anything i was underleveled though i don't understand how anyone could have needed higher level characters).

That said, i really thought i was going to like it a lot based on the concept of creating 'teams' with secret skills and all the cool gauges and stuff in combat. in fact, my early reviews said just that -- i was enamored with all the varied systems. it's just that i never, ever had to use any of that stuff in actual combat.

Hm, that's a shame.
The demo actually made me think that I was wrong in dismissing it without giving it a chance.
The game looks a lot better than I expected and the battle system actually seems interesting.
There seem to be a lot of jrpgs on Vita that could've been great but missed the mark for some reason.

Oh well, at least Breath of Fire IV turned out to be a nice surprise for me.

Shizuka

They've been handled fine since the first one, they definitely learned their lesson. Not super surprised about international shipping.

If I can't have the entire collection, there is no point, at least for me. That's why I'm just getting the standard editions from them.

th4tguy

I just picked up a Vita today with a 64 gb card. I've been downloading games all day. Card is half way full. Excited for KZ and so ready to play Persona.

Hurry up Sony and update the store!

Tizoc

I just picked up a Vita today with a 64 gb card. I've been downloading games all day. Card is half way full. Excited for KZ and so ready to play Persona.

Hurry up Sony and update the store!

Do you have the Ys games too by any chance?
You DID get some of the PSX games that were going for $1 some weeks ago too right? Unless you use an EU account.

Shizuka

Teslagrad has a release date of April 14th for the US. That's the release date for the PS4 and PS3 versions. They've delayed the Vita release.

Honestly, I'm starting to get tired of this standard practice. Bastion, Axiom Verge, Road Not Taken, among many others. It's one thing to release your game for the PS4 or PS3 and consider a Vita port afterwards, but it's another thing if you announce all the platforms and delay the Vita release by weeks, months or even indefinitely.

Producer

Teslagrad has a release date of April 14th for the US. That's the release date for the PS4 and PS3 versions. They've delayed the Vita release.

Honestly, I'm starting to get tired of this standard practice. Bastion, Axiom Verge, Road Not Taken, among many others. It's one thing to release your game for the PS4 or PS3 and consider a Vita port afterwards, but it's another thing if you announce all the platforms and delay the Vita release by weeks, months or even indefinitely.

thanks Shahid

th4tguy

Do you have the Ys games too by any chance?
You DID get some of the PSX games that were going for $1 some weeks ago too right? Unless you use an EU account.

I grabbed Y's on PSP. I've got a ton of PSP and PSX games downloading right now on it. The only game I bought for Vita that is Vita only game is P4 Golden when it was on sale for 12$. Everything else is PS+ games and games I bought for PSP.

Edit: Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Tizoc

I grabbed Y's on PSP. I've got a ton of PSP and PSX games downloading right now on it. The only game I bought for Vita that is Vita only game is P4 Golden when it was on sale for 12$. Everything else is PS+ games and games I bought for PSP.

Edit: Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Hope you like it it is among my top 10 GOAT games.

Finally got my Operation Abyss limited edition pre-order in. It'll be very expensive for me, but I'm hoping it'll be worth it.

TOTP: Pre-order Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy and buy Demon Gaze.

Ugh, I want the artbook. But I like being digital on the Vita and PS4.

Anybody have any idea if the artbook might be available outside the LE?

"ONLY ON PS4"

No more PS3/Vita versions?

Well considering they are closing Destiny of Spirits I am not too surprised in the lack of Vita support. I mean this is a project from Sony who pretends like the Vita doesn't exist. Honestly though, it looks more like a portable/cell game than console f2p experience but that's just my opinion. I guess we can also assume that Bigfest, if and when that launches, will also skip Vita. What a shame.

Tapejara

How often do you guys buy NISA limited editions? I'm always so tempted. :eek:

I used to buy them for every game they put out, but now I really only buy them for certain games. Definitely going to pick up the Danganronpa UDG LE, but for the rest their current line up there's nothing that interests me enough to splurge on an LE. Well, Rodea is kind of tempting, but I'd have to see what's included.

When NA PSN blog update is slow, i will expect that the deals will be bad..

Yup. But I haven't been overly impressed with the spring sales anyway (beyond the exciting spring fever deals [would buy more if they were on the Vita; looking at you Axiom Verge and Bastion]).

v1perz53

PS Plus games all go up at once now, this isn't 2012 any more :p

Heh? Bastion isn't PS+ tho! And to be fair it is 6:15 EST already and the PS+ games aren't up yet, so having them not be up until tomorrow is definitely a possibility.

VLiberty

100% agreed. Especially when it leads to the Vita version being canceled altogether (see Road Not Taken).

Nudull

Banned
So unfortunately, due to my brother breaking his phone (again), we may have to push our PS4 plans for a bit. On the bright side, this gives me a little more time to tackle my growing backlog. :p

autoduelist

Developing for multiple platforms is hard. Heck, hitting a deadline for a single platform can be hard. Timing for simultaneous release is even harder. My guess is that the vita's particular situation is that it's a bit harder to get everything optimized (given less overall power) so it sometimes throws a wrench in the works.

That said, if you're trying to go PS4/Vita, of course you're going to announce both. Then if you run into trouble, it makes more sense to delay the vita, which is likely the 'harder' one to develop for. I really wouldn't read too much into it other than 'development is hard', which it is.

Maybe it's because of my background, but i have a lot of patience for this sort of thing. It's hard not to over commit when everyone (from marketing/business people to users) wants you to promise the moon, delivered tomorrow.

Well considering they are closing Destiny of Spirits I am not too surprised in the lack of Vita support.

I definitely wouldn't play connect the dots with pulling the plug on an unsuccessful F2P game. If a F2P game doesn't pull in players spending money, it's a money pit, and it's going to get closed down sooner than later, even on a successful platform like iOS.

SerTapTap

Apparently *w* Quintet does not have an embargo. I guess because it's out in Japan? I'll be playing it if I can resist Estival for a few hours, not sure when I'll post impressions--in a lot of ways I prefer being under embargo.

100% agreed. Especially when it leads to the Vita version being canceled altogether (see Road Not Taken).

Axiom Verge is by one guy who quit his job to work on it (funded by Pub fund), can totally understand the decision to publish what he had when he could. As for Road Not Taken, the middleware provider making the Vita version possible went poof, pretty unique situation there. It is disappointing to see larger indies like Bastion come late though, Supergiant isn't new to ports.

Shizuka

The thing is we've read time and time again how easy it is to develop for the Vita, compared to other platforms, specially the PS3. The only excuse I get is that they're prioritizing other platforms first, except that as a Vita owner first and foremost, I take that, most of the times, as a middle finger to all Vita owners that don't own a PS4 or a PS3.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
New arrivals:

16449195174_9efd3576fc_c.jpg

I check eBay daily for that one. :(

Same here. ;)
Now I know my competition.

Nudull

Banned
The thing is we've read time and time again how easy it is to develop for the Vita, compared to other platforms, specially the PS3. The only excuse I get is that they're prioritizing other platforms first, except that as a Vita owner first and foremost, I take that, most of the times, as a middle finger to all Vita owners that don't own a PS4 or a PS3.

Seriously, it's especially terrible how Sony is so stubborn about supporting their own product, and a damn good one at that. It's my current favorite handheld for RPGs, especially.

VLiberty

Exactly.

Teslagrad PS4 was announced much later and now PS4 is getting it earlier. ffs

SerTapTap

lol I can't access this review copy, even though it claimed and downloaded fine, because the store hasn't updated (I assume anyway). Did something screw up again? I choose to blame Dishonored since it screwed up last month's PS+ too

Tapejara

lol I can't access this review copy, even though it claimed and downloaded fine, because the store hasn't updated (I assume anyway). Did something screw up again? I choose to blame Dishonored since it screwed up last month's PS+ too

Stupid question but...you tried restoring licences, right?

Top Bottom