• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

wilflare

Sony should include a "parity clause" (hats to MS) for cross-buy games.
Stop treating Vita owners as second-class citizens.
I have a PS4 but some games I much prefer to play on a handheld.

I get the sense that there are simply trying to fill up PS4 sparse library by pushing out the PS4 games as early as possible, leaving the Vita ones for later (for an indefinite amount of time even)

#VitaDELAYED #VitaDENIED

TOTP: Buy a Vita
Buy Bastion PS4, play it on the Vita
Buy Axiom Verge, play it on the Vita
Buy Toukiden Kiwami, play it on the Vita
Pray for Soul Sacrifice 2 Vita, Gravity Rush 2 Vita

Shizuka

I get the sense that there are simply trying to fill up PS4 sparse library by pushing out the PS4 games as early as possible, leaving the Vita ones for later (for an indefinite amount of time even)

#VitaDELAYED #VitaDENIED

Wilflare, fighting the good fight.

image.php

Massa

So every time I bought a 3rd party game on Vita, I should thank Sony instead? I guess it's not because of the install base actively buying the game for them, but because of Sony's support.

And clearly they shut down Destiny of Spirits because no one plays it.

You shouldn't thank anyone when you buy a game, they should thank you. ;) The point is that Sony, as a platform holder, is responsible for their platform. They're partially responsible for the success of indie games on Vita as well as the failure of Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed. From big decisions like designing the system architecture to small things like sending gifts to third party developers like notch. Reading the market and creating the necessary conditions for success on their platform is their responsibility, and the third party games that you like are coming out on Vita because they did that successfully.

Destiny of Spirits is being shutdown for the same reason many of their online games (even on PS4) have been. Sony sucks at creating cheap to maintain network infrastructure for their games, and they cut the chord as soon as it's not profitable. You should definitely complain and I'm 100% with you on that, it sucks.

Vylash

#VitaDELAYED #VitaDENIED

Buy Axiom Verge
Buy Toukiden Kiwami

i've been sitting here in shock for a few minutes over the fact that an actual human being typed this, complete with hashtags

#VitaDELAYED #VitaDENIED

Buy Axiom Verge
Buy Toukiden Kiwami

rofl

Shun

What's its capacity?

2200 mAH. They're meant for cellphones but they work for the Vita. Pretty small too.

Just tried it out on a whim and found out it works. Now I can leave my Vita charger at home and bring this around with me.

incpdo

Some random thoughts about some PlayStation mobile games I'm possibly buying.

Emil's Task: an action adventure rpg with an adorable pixelart SD anime style type character. Interesting.

Fragment's Note: from the makers of Malicious Rebirth, a visual novel that seems very polished and well done . idk about this one , is sad for me this guys don't do any new games even more sad they ended up in PSM store instead of native vita store.

Super Duck: its free. Looks fine. Seems like a fun game so what the heck.

Maison Kanraku: its 0,49 cents. Its a stealth game " in which to throw little panties it's your only weapon". Seems fun.

Voxel maker: create 3d voxel art with touch or physical controls. Interesting but expensive for a PSM game.

Tohsaka

Play-Asia's product page for Moero Chronicle says it's coming out in May, now. I wonder what the hell is going on with this game, this is the second time it's been delayed another month. I filled out a contact form on their site to see if they have any information, because it still lists an estimated ship date of April 8th (today) for my order.

incpdo

Fragment's Note should've been a native Vita title, no excuse there.
Is it good? Seems well done
If I download all my PSM games and do a backup on my computer is it OK to delete PSM games from my vita? Would I be able to transfer the games after PSM shutdown?

Maid

Banned
Play-Asia's product page for Moero Chronicle says it's coming out in May, now. I wonder what the hell is going on with this game, this is the second time it's been delayed another month. I filled out a contact form on their site to see if they have any information, because it still lists an estimated ship date of April 8th (today) for my order.

Hasn't it always been May? I remember checking the pre-order when it's on their promotion page and it's always May.

Tohsaka

Hasn't it always been May? I remember checking the pre-order when it's on their promotion page and it's always May.

No, it was originally supposed to come out last month, then they changed it to April 10th. It says May on the product page, now.

Nudull

Banned
Is it weird that I want to rebuy Alien Isolation on PS4, even though I just bought it on Steam for cheap and started playing it tonight?

Because I really really really like Alien Isolation.

Arthos

I have been so close to pulling the trigger on Toukiden these past few days. I still have SSD and Freedom Wars to play but a part of me still wants it. Must. Resist.

Also, nothing on sale this week it seems. Ir not much on the Vita side of things, anyway.

Tizoc

Forgot to thank you and Tizoc earlier, bobohoro. Thank you! ^_^

Part of me wants to try out the series from the beginning, but I'm curious about Oath in Felghana. As much as I value story in an RPG, I want to have a fun battle system, too.

EDIT: Proper kudos for all. <3 VitaGAF

The story in Ys games are primarily stand alone. After 3 I went straight into Seven even though it features a character from Ys 6. Non the less I still enjoyed Seven and it is currently my 2nd fav. Ys game.

HGH

Banned
Oh cool, Omega Quintet has a permanent UI thing a la FFX's Sensor so elemental/status attacks aren't useless/a stupid guessing game like all too many other games. Wish more RPGs had this.

I never realized you were a reviewer! Sorry for asking but speaking of FFX, have you run into the weird sphere grid thing yet? It's not mentioned anywhere really.

Anyone playing Run Sackboy Run? I completed the first three special sticker sets and got the first two LBP3 DLC no problem, but when I tap on the Get It button for the third one nothing happens. Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone playing Run Sackboy Run? I completed the first three special sticker sets and got the first two LBP3 DLC no problem, but when I tap on the Get It button for the third one nothing happens. Anyone else having this problem?

I have the same issue, apparently in the mobile version it would generate a PSN code.

autoduelist

I have to agree with Massa -- the reason we love the Vita is because Sony fought hard to give us a reason to love it. They had many opportunities to let it die, but they kept trying new approaches and eventually found ones that worked (indies, localizations, etc.). They've even managed to tie it's life cycle to the PS4's through remote play and the pstv initiative.

The market spoke -- and actually, the market would have killed the vita, but Sony managed to reposition it as a niche device. That's a good thing, even if we wish we weren't a niche.

I feel like people just use anything they can to hate on Sony for the Vita's situation, even when it's completely illogical. No publishers put a vita game on sale this week? It's dead, Jim. Near, an app that nobody ever used or understood, gets functionality removed? It's dead, Jim. A F2P game that was unprofitable gets shut down? It's dead, Jim. There's a typo in a blog post? It's dead, Jim.

And vita version delays? Absolutely perfectly reasonable. We may not like it, but anyone who has had a job in software should understand exactly why it's perfectly reasonable. For a dev, it makes sense both technologically and financially to delay the system that will take longest to optimize (and between ps4 and vita, that's vita).

No, it's not dead. It may not be exactly what everyone wanted, but it's got life. And that's in many ways thanks to Sony initiatives when they could have just pulled the cord.

SerTapTap

edit: BTW, tower of guns is pretty sweet--I personally won't play the controller version much, but it's basically Quake + Binding of Isaac. Not as much a masterpiece as either, but still a good take on an interesting mix.

I never realized you were a reviewer! Sorry for asking but speaking of FFX, have you run into the weird sphere grid thing yet? It's not mentioned anywhere really.

Apparently not. I have also heard of a costume system...I'm only like an hour or two in, combat system seems fairly complex given what I've seen + what I haven't seen.

It's funny though, and doesn't seem to be falling into my biggest fear: the "main character" guy ruining everything. He's oblivious and they don't seem to be going the harem route, he just adds to the humor and people pretty much ignore him which is good. I'll probably need a week or two and I'll make a (probably written) review.

If there was any doubt there's a Japanese voice option--I haven't tried it yet, it wasn't done downloading yet when I played (english downloads first, 4GB to play 15GB total). Aside from the character you're supposed to dislike everyone's english VA seems fine though. Pretty sure the main dude is Mokoto

I got hatemail :(

Gotta watch where you fling those #Hashtags, #bro

wilflare

edit: BTW, tower of guns is pretty sweet--I personally won't play the controller version much, but it's basically Quake + Binding of Isaac. Not as much a masterpiece as either, but still a good take on an interesting mix.

Apparently not. I have also heard of a costume system...I'm only like an hour or two in, combat system seems fairly complex given what I've seen + what I haven't seen.

It's funny though, and doesn't seem to be falling into my biggest fear: the "main character" guy ruining everything. He's oblivious and they don't seem to be going the harem route, he just adds to the humor and people pretty much ignore him which is good. I'll probably need a week or two and I'll make a (probably written) review.

If there was any doubt there's a Japanese voice option--I haven't tried it yet, it wasn't done downloading yet when I played (english downloads first, 4GB to play 15GB total). Aside from the character you're supposed to dislike everyone's english VA seems fine though. Pretty sure the main dude is Mokoto

Gotta watch where you fling those #Hashtags, #bro

hehehe I know :p
the hatemail came from fellow VitaMuffins anyway :p

FFS, of all the games to get pulled, that's a travesty. Do they usually put games like that back after the firmware's patch?

I think the games themselves need to get patched, but I don't know much about it. Some games come back on the store (like ZHP, thankfully) but I think it depends on how much the publisher cares about it.

TOTP! Buy Hatsune Miku Project Diva F and F 2nd

Top Bottom