• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

SerTapTap

Here's a somewhat complete list of removed games, seems like most came back (for example Patapon 1 did). It's not completely correct as ZHP is definitely back on EU PSN

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14112558/Stuff13/VitaExploitChart.png
Oh, that's a better track record than I was expecting. Figured Sony might not bother since they didn't bother with the Patapon 2&3 DLCs for Vita. How long does it usually take though? 3 months seems like a long time and we've had at least one major firmware update since then.

Li Kao

Hmm, another PS4 pre-purchase consideration : I'm planning to plug it on my PC monitor... well to be clear, due to having only a shitty 720p TV left in the house, not even fully hdmi compatible (the PS3 gave me no signal some years ago when I tried), I plan to plug the PS4 to the monitor and maybe an AV amp for the audio.
Question : are there problems to be expected with this setup ? I mean, will the monitor be as suited as a TV to use the PS4 ? Sounds stupid but better be safe than sorry.

SerTapTap

Hmm, another PS4 pre-purchase consideration : I'm planning to plug it on my PC monitor... well to be clear, due to having only a shitty 720p TV left in the house, not even fully hdmi compatible (the PS3 gave me no signal some years ago when I tried), I plan to plug the PS4 to the monitor and maybe an AV amp for the audio.
Question : are there problems to be expected with this setup ? I mean, will the monitor be as suited as a TV to use the PS4 ? Sounds stupid but better be safe than sorry.

I use my monitor all the time, as long as it has an HDMI input and either speakers or ideally a 3.5 out you're fine. I run all my consoles into an HDMI switch, then into a splitter, then into the monitor (and two TVs and a capture card), then the game audio from the monitor into my PC. Works great. Only thing you should be aware of is full vs limited RGB--if your monitor/TV is full RGB you have to manually set the PS4 to full RBG, automatic seems to always go to Limited even when it's wrong.

The PS4 has a system-level overscan compensation, which lets you set it to "no overscan" as well, which is perfect for any sane monitor (or any sane, modern TV really)

Only potential issue I guess is HDCP? I'm not sure if that's a problem with most monitors, but I use a $20 splitter that also strips HDCP (almost all splitters strip HDCP) so it's not a problem. If you want I could test it without the splitter, I would think it would work. You can use the PS4 without HDCP at all too, but then netflix and crap doesn't work. I just leave it on and strip it for the best of both worlds, also out of principle because fuck the MPAA.

kudoboi

well the TV in my house isnt even HD so I just use my PC monitors. it works amazingly well and even better if you have a dual monitor setup (ps4 on one monitor, PC on the other).

SerTapTap

well the TV in my house isnt even HD so I just use my PC monitors. it works amazingly well and even better if you have a dual monitor setup (ps4 on one monitor, PC on the other).

Oh yeah--I do this, and I use Displayport for PC and HDMI for PS4 (well, all consoles). It's really nice, basically I can give up my third monitor at any time to play console games instead. If your monitor has enough ports it doesn't even require swapping cables.

Li Kao

I use my monitor all the time, as long as it has an HDMI input and either speakers or ideally a 3.5 out you're fine. I run all my consoles into an HDMI switch, then into a splitter, then into the monitor (and two TVs and a capture card), then the game audio from the monitor into my PC. Works great. Only thing you should be aware of is full vs limited RGB--if your monitor/TV is full RGB you have to manually set the PS4 to full RBG, automatic seems to always go to Limited even when it's wrong.

The PS4 has a system-level overscan compensation, which lets you set it to "no overscan" as well, which is perfect for any sane monitor (or any sane, modern TV really)

Only potential issue I guess is HDCP? I'm not sure if that's a problem with most monitors, but I use a $20 splitter that also strips HDCP (almost all splitters strip HDCP) so it's not a problem. If you want I could test it without the splitter, I would think it would work. You can use the PS4 without HDCP at all too, but then netflix and crap doesn't work. I just leave it on and strip it for the best of both worlds, also out of principle because fuck the MPAA.

Hmm, didn't know there were HDCP stripping splitters. In fact I think it's the HDCP the old TV has a problem with. But it's not an option anyway as it's only 720p.
I'm not worried about compatibility with my monitor as it's relatively recent, but I think you already mentioned the RGB thing in an earlier post and that's the kind of thing I wondered about, as I must admit I have no clear idea of what is full and limited RGB and if my monitor supports this.

SerTapTap

Hmm, didn't know there were HDCP stripping splitters. In fact I think it's the HDCP the old TV has a problem with. But it's not an option anyway as it's only 720p.
I'm not worried about compatibility with my monitor as it's relatively recent, but I think you already mentioned the RGB thing in an earlier post and that's the kind of thing I wondered about, as I must admit I have no clear idea of what is full and limited RGB and if my monitor supports this.

I don't think it's a matter of NOT supporting limited RBG--if your RBG settings are wrong, black will be grey worst-case, the color range will just not match perfectly. It's the sort of thing an unaware consumer probably wouldn't even notice. But PS4 has explicit options for both automatic and limited, so you can just set it to either one and when black is black you know you've got it set up right.

Some random thoughts about some PlayStation mobile games I'm possibly buying.

Emil's Task: an action adventure rpg with an adorable pixelart SD anime style type character. Interesting.

Fragment's Note: from the makers of Malicious Rebirth, a visual novel that seems very polished and well done . idk about this one , is sad for me this guys don't do any new games even more sad they ended up in PSM store instead of native vita store.

Super Duck: its free. Looks fine. Seems like a fun game so what the heck.

Maison Kanraku: its 0,49 cents. Its a stealth game " in which to throw little panties it's your only weapon". Seems fun.

Voxel maker: create 3d voxel art with touch or physical controls. Interesting but expensive for a PSM game.

I played Maison Kanraku here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXu30cBi4Dk

It is kinda creepy.

You should post impressions if you get these games.

Li Kao

I don't think it's a matter of NOT supporting limited RBG--if your RBG settings are wrong, black will be grey worst-case, the color range will just not match perfectly. It's the sort of thing an unaware consumer probably wouldn't even notice. But PS4 has explicit options for both automatic and limited, so you can just set it to either one and when black is black you know you've got it set up right.

Explained like that, it's perfectly clear, thanks :)

SxP

I really liked the first Stealth Inc. when it was free on Plus, so I just bought Stealth Inc. 2. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. I went for the bundle with the DLC for the first game. 2 DLC packs for 2 euros is a decent price I guess.

ZeroAKA

I woke up this morning to find this greeting in PDF 2nd's Diva Room.
CCEibN-WMAA-pft.jpg:orig
I'm also getting so many "congrats" messages in Pokemon.

Prelude.

Happy birthday!
How was Book of Shadows?
It's different from the original since you have to move in first person on a grid-like map so it's more of a visual novel. And even though I liked a little bit more the first one I found BoS way creepier since it relies a lot on sound design and writing since there's nothing moving on the screen. Or at least that's my opinion, I think that was more creepy than seeing rpgmaker kids running away from chibi ghosts. It's also like 95% spinoff/alternative universe stories and only the last chapter acts as a prequel to Blood Drive. But yeah, it's really neat. I also liked the fact that it added more depth to the secondary characters.

SerTapTap

Happy Birthday!

Picked up LBP in the sale. There is a funny minigame where you have to hold the Vita sideways, are there other games that do that?

Shinovi Versus and Neptunia PP do something like that mostly for better screenshots in the dressing room though. Murasaki Baby does something slightly similar, you actually hold the Vita upside down for certain segments in one level.

I should play LBP Vita, I bought it in the sale and never launched it. I never even finished firefly diary...stop having so many games

I'm also getting so many "congrats" messages in Pokemon.

Happy birthday Miku Rin rotating avatar person

Happy Birthday!

Picked up LBP in the sale. There is a funny minigame where you have to hold the Vita sideways, are there other games that do that?

How's LBP Vita? Is the create mode on par with the PS3 games, or is it watered down considerably? Also, is there any cross play with LBP 1 and 2, or their community content, aside from the LBP Vita controller DLC pack for LBP2?

Yes, there even is a game, Sunflowers, which is totally played like that

Shinovi Versus and Neptunia PP do something like that mostly for better screenshots in the dressing room though. Murasaki Baby does something slightly similar, you actually hold the Vita upside down for certain segments in one level.

Thanks!

How's LBP Vita? Is the create mode on par with the PS3 games, or is it watered down considerably? Also, is there any cross play with LBP 1 and 2, or their community content, aside from the LBP Vita controller DLC pack for LBP2?

Just played the first couple of levels, but so far it holds up very well. LBP games are better suited for a handheld, in my humble opinion.
Haven't tested the create mode yet or community levels, that will be for the near future.

Tohsaka

Apparently, Moero Chronicle has been renamed to Moe Chronicle, according to Play-Asia's page and it has indeed been pushed back to May. There are finally English screenshots and an Asian version box art, too. The translation seems okay, nothing too Engrishy like SAO.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Apparently, Moero Chronicle has been renamed to Moe Chronicle, according to Play-Asia's page and it has indeed been pushed back to May. There are finally English screenshots and an Asian version box art, too. The translation seems okay, nothing too Engrishy like SAO.

You would literally have to try / be totally incompetent to make Engrish bullshit as bad as SAO. lol That indeed was something special...

SerTapTap

Sounds good, I wonder how SAO even happened. Is PA still the best deal? I want to order it even less now that they raised the price but I figure I might as well get it if it's english and uncensored. Wonder why the name change, sounds less weird in english I guess? Not a fan of either name but whatever...

FDC1

According to the blog, Element4l is supposed to be released today in Europe. I can't find it on the french store, is it available somewhere else?

Tohsaka

Sounds good, I wonder how SAO even happened. Is PA still the best deal? I want to order it even less now that they raised the price but I figure I might as well get it if it's english and uncensored. Wonder why the name change, sounds less weird in english I guess? Not a fan of either name but whatever...

They lowered the price back down to $42.99, not sure if anyone else is cheaper but that's where I have it pre-ordered.

Reset

Happy Birthday Zero.

Well I just beat Neptunia Re;Birth and I have the say the game picks up near the mid-end. There aren't any cheap bosses with difficulty spikes unlike in the beginning and I was starting to enjoy the game more. But it seems like I didn't get the true ending so I'll try to get that but now I'm going to pick up Gravity Rush again. I think I stopped at like Chapter 2. :V

Tried the Rainbow Moon demo and man, the game looks fantastic on the Vita, I'll have to check it out eventually.

Happy Birthday!

Yeah, there are several, I enjoyed them a lot.

pariah164

Happy Birthday, Zero! Hope you have a good one.

My Vita has been getting a bit dusty; nothing's coming out for me til June, so I suppose it's expected.

Shizuka

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is... Not bad. I'm already at chapter 3 and enjoying the game. I like how they're divided into different stories for each chapter, with the intro and ending playing at the beginning and end of every chapter.

Ventara

Happy birthday, Zero! (It's supposed to be a Vita birthday cake)

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is... Not bad. I'm already at chapter 3 and enjoying the game. I like how they're divided into different stories for each chapter, with the intro and ending playing at the beginning and end of every chapter.

This is one of the games on my "buy" list. It looks awesome from the screens I've seen of it, though I have yet to read any reviews.

Nudull

Banned

I was curious about this game since I saw it at a Gamestop last week. Is the plot itself good?

Happy birthday, Zero! (It's supposed to be a Vita birthday cake)

:eek: I want one.

Trailer was pretty cool. ^ ^
Really was, I feel like I say this often here, but I just love cyberpunk/near future stuff. Deus Ex has probably one of my favourite worlds in gaming. This announcement made me very, very happy. Now, with all these remasters, I'd be down for Human Revolution on my PS4, with all the visuals from the PC version, high fps and all that good stuff. NOW THAT would be a remaster that I would buy without even thinking twice.

Alpende

This might be a longshot but why can I login on the PSN store on chrome on my laptop but using the same credentials it won't let me log in on the app.

Any solution for this dumb problem?

Tohsaka

I bought that when it came out, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I think I might play it next, after I finish Hotline Miami 2.

wilflare

now I really regret not getting it :/

Top Bottom