• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Vylash

Here's a summary of how Nintendo Direct works:
- Nintendo announces the event.
- fans get overly excited.
- Nintendo releases their video.
- fans get disappointed.

Seems familiar?

today's direct, like the vast majority of them, was exciting

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, some people with insane expectations find Nintendo Directs to be bad.

Hell sometimes you have insane expectations and Nintendo meets or exceeds them. This one for example I expected almost nothing and got a whole bunch.

Sarcasm

Started up the oreshika tainted bloodlines demo, how important are the roles that you choose at the star?

Also spent thirty minutes playing with the face to character thing.

bobawesome

I hope it was Musync

I hadn't heard of this before now but I'm sort of impressed from the video I just watched. I'll definitely try picking it up before PSM goes offline.

The game I picked up was Fragment's Note. It was recommended a week or so ago by Infernal Monkey and looks like a legitimately good little visual novel.

I hadn't heard of this before now but I'm sort of impressed from the video I just watched. I'll definitely try picking it up before PSM goes offline.

The game I picked up was Fragment's Note. It was recommended a week or so ago by Infernal Monkey and looks like a legitimately good little visual novel.

It's really fun id say. Some light IAP stuff that has songs at 1.29 a pop but its not necessary imo.

Nudull

Banned
I liked yesterday's Nintendo Direct. Several games I didn't really expect to get mentioned (or localized) got mentioned and are coming this year, so I'm pretty happy. Some people do have some astromical expectations when it comes to these things, though.

Prelude.

Should I buy Stranger's Wrath on Vita? It's on sale.
I'm a big fan of Oddysee and Exoddus but I always found Munch pretty uninteresting and I don't even feel the need to play it.

Redhood

Should I buy Stranger's Wrath on Vita? It's on sale.
I'm a big fan of Oddysee and Exoddus but I always found Munch pretty uninteresting and I don't even feel the need to play it.

Its a very good port. The game looks great too. Controls well also. The game is a nice hub based exploration in tps and shooting in fps.

Kudo

Time to spend the whole easter playing Bloodborne, happy easter weekend everyone!
What games are you going to play on this vacation? Not sure which countries celebrate easter and get days off but.. have a good one.

Zhao_Yun

today's direct, like the vast majority of them, was exciting

completely OT but am I the only one who confuses you with pariah164 when seeing this avatar? :p

Time to spend the whole easter playing Bloodborne, happy easter weekend everyone!
What games are you going to play on this vacation? Not sure which countries celebrate easter and get days off but.. have a good one.

Will play FFXIV, Bloodborne and Persona 3 FES. Hope I can finish either BB or P3FES this weekend :)

Same here, most of my time will go towards Bloodborne. My router died on the day Bloodborne came out (fantastic timing) and I just got a replacement yesterday. I went and killed the Cleric Beast but didn't want to play more of it offline so I waited until now.. It wasn't easy, but this long weekend will be (hopefully) pretty awesome now.

I'm also very tempted to get Axiom Verge since this is the lowest price it will be for a long time. Reviews are great and the dev seems very confident in his work and the high price.

I do like the new competition struture that Sony's introducing with their trip to E3 contest. No more timed sections, but instead a tie breaker that only Sony knows the answer to (in this case, how many gold trophies has the PlayStation community earned in both versions of The Last of Us as of March). Closest one to the answer on the last question wins.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Started up the oreshika tainted bloodlines demo, how important are the roles that you choose at the star?

You mean classes? Thats what you will be stuck with until you find new ones.

VLiberty

I liked yesterday's Nintendo Direct. Several games I didn't really expect to get mentioned (or localized) got mentioned and are coming this year, so I'm pretty happy. Some people do have some astromical expectations when it comes to these things, though.
Agreed that people have insane expectations.

I think it was a good show(based on the recaps I've just read) even though I'm not interested in what was shown. It feels like, just like Vita, all the 3ds' bigger releases are japan-oriented, which I'm not into.

I'm perfectly ok with just indies and some jpn games I like(like Rodea and Dai GS) but Nintendo doesn't push indies as much and I'm basically looking forward to just 3 eshop games(Rusty Pup and the Shantae 2 and Monster Tale remasters)

Retro City Rampage DX vita retail release is availible. Don't waffle, PS4 was gone before too long and now goes for >$200 on ebay.

Just pre-ordered it but I had so many problems when Fangamer when enter my credit cart. It didn't tell me what was wrong until I tried putting in name of card "visa" then it told me the last name field can't be empty, so I figured I was putting the name of the card wrong because in my credit card it has both of my last names but Fangamer only needed my dad's last name. So then it finally passes through but Fangamer says there was a temporal error on the website so I press the back button to go back to the shipping page but all of the sudden it says my order has been placed and I've received and email. Now I'm at my email and Outlook is telling me that "Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks.". Am I being scammed? :(

SerTapTap

I don't think so but I just used Paypal. Never had an issue with Fangamer, already got the PS4 RCR edition and Octodad plush from them without issue, all on paypal though. I don't like paypal but I like giving out my credit card info less. I wish Google Wallet kept doing online purchases...

I don't think so but I just used Paypal. Never had an issue with Fangamer, already got the PS4 RCR edition and Octodad plush from them without issue, all on paypal though. I don't like paypal but I like giving out my credit card info less. I wish Google Wallet kept doing online purchases...

If only I knew how to handle paypal that would go for me too, well I hope everything is ok on my end. But darn shipping is so expansive, more than the game itself.

SerTapTap

If only I knew how to handle paypal that would go for me too, well I hope everything is ok on my end. But darn shipping is so expansive, more than the game itself.

It's only $4 in US, but for international shipping you pretty much have to take what you can get. I'm just glad I mostly import from Japan and shipping isn't TOO bad from them depending on weight and size.

Redhood

How much of shooter is it? I don't really like fps' but I don't mind if there's a lot more to do than shooting.

Well u can shoot or u can use melee. But in order to capture the bounties and other things you will need to shoot them down. There is quite some shooting involved with bosses.

bobohoro

Musou games are the only ones where I don't feel they're #BestOnVita, even if I buy them.

Very true, unfortunately, since I'd love them on handheld. But I am one of those people where knowing that a better (for my preferences) version exists elsewhere, enjoyment is lowered. And more enemies on screen and a few nice effects are things I really appreciate in musou games.

Which is also why I won't be getting any more until I have a PS4.

Have there been any good musou games on PS3/Vita lately? Last one I played was One Piece: Pirate Warriors.

Pirate Warriors 2 is fantastic, my favourite musou still, even if I poured more hours into Orochi 3 and Hyrule Warriors. But those just have insane amounts of content.

Tizoc

Nintendo Directs are disappointing? I've watched 3 directs and there was never any disappointment on GAF. The Vita bias in this thread....

Prelude.

Nintendo Directs are disappointing? I've watched 3 directs and there was never any disappointment on GAF. The Vita bias in this thread....
Well, it's kinda ironic you're complaining about a Vita bias if someone doesn't like a Nintendo Direct, don't you think?

Maid

Banned

I'm not sure where did you pick up the disappointment from PSN thread, when it happens in almost every Nintendo direct thread, and even outside of that.

And what does Vita bias have anything to do with Nintendo?

Massa

Just to clear it up (again)... I was not disappointed with the Nintendo Direct, I merely stated that a lot of people built up their expectations and were disappointed with it, and that's what I gathered after reading its thread immediately after it was over (I missed the thing and wanted to read up on it, that's why I checked the thread).

Not this PSN thread, the Nintendo Direct thread. Nobody in this thread showed any disappointment with Nintendo's event, in fact the discussion started because people want Sony to stop hating the Vita and do videos like Nintendo instead of the blog posts they do now.

autoduelist

You'll eventually find scrolls to unlock other classes, but your clan starts with the three classes of your choice and that's all they can 'teach' their children until you find said scrolls.

In terms of how important they are, that depends a bit on playstyle. Each class basically balances a couple things:
1) number of enemies it can attack per turn (as well as 'pattern' of attack, based on formation postion... a single enemy, or a row or column of enemies, etc)
2) amount of damage it does
3) power of skill (magic/spell) use

(for example, a bow user can do high damage, but only to a single target. They also can hit any target from the back row. The martial artist can only hit a single target too, and sometimes gets triple hits, but must stand in front for the best attacks, putting them at more risk. A gunner in front is at risk armor/defense wise, but can do massive AOE attacks with a shell gun at lower damage rates than bows or martial artists)

Personally, I think only the gunner is essential -- their ability to attack entire mobs at once will speed up gameplay considerably since you'll clear many mobs in a single shot (especially trash mobs you accidentally touch if you're running through a dungeon you've already gone through).

The other two are kind of up to you. I went with two single enemy attackers (martial arts and bow) since I figured I had a gunner for mobs and so their damage output would help against bosses. If you want a magic user, I think dancer is best iirc, but I have no experience with them (lowest damage output though in normal attacks).

my first game got destroyed when my son switched bubbles and I'd never saved a game... i had a lancer, martial artist, and bow. The lack of major AOE attacks definitely made combat slower... i'm very glad that happened early and i switched to a gunner.

VLiberty

Went to my grandma's house for a couple of days but I've decided to not get my Vita with me so that I could study.
Damn, I'm already regretting it

Top Bottom