• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

maybe Parakeetman would know which four? not sure of anyone else who's played the Japanese game.
I asked him if he could drop by to share whatever he might think got cut. I'm kinda curious about it, I'm sure that whatever it is, would either elevate the game to AO, or it's just something immoral by western standards. And we all know what I am talking about here
naked lolis?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh no, here will come thousands of people
three or four
that will rise censorship to the subject and how we should all boycott the game.

Fuck em not like those people were going to buy the game in the first place anyways. So its not like you should really give a shit about what they say anyways. Its always the same thing with that. Just like those who keep moving goal posts when it comes to buying the games in the Yakuza series.

I asked him if he could drop by to share whatever he might think got cut. I'm kinda curious about it, I'm sure that whatever it is, would either elevate the game to AO, or it's just something immoral by western standards. And we all know what I am talking about here
naked lolis?

Few character related scenes, most def some of the monster art, artwork shown after defeating bosses. Some of the endgame bosses. My guess would be with what Atlus would be considering to appear underaged is what they will most likely be censoring. As in the US that is the largest taboo when it comes to ratings and such.

Perorist had a post in the other thread about the topic too.

I'm almost positive they'll do something for all the more underage looking ones. I posted some examples off-site, will remove from this post if it's bannable. NWS warning of course.

Id have to be fairly certain one of them would be the scene with Liz as while its not like the Japanese one shows anything, at the same time shes not covered up enough for Western standards most def.
zkJ2qfP.png
If you put the following below into google it should appear in the image search as would be obvious which image it is. (Should be fairly obvious given the content of this discussion but yeah NSFW people)
リゼリエッタ

The others I would imagine have to do with some of the monster designs or event scenes. Esp the one particular end game boss that Perorist talks about in a different post. Though since we do not know what they are exactly deciding on with other specific scenes and or monster designs there is no way of telling exactly which other images they will be editing.

---

The good thing here is Atlus is telling folks way in advance about it and giving the general number of how many will be edited which is not that bad considering. Since that link states 4 at the moment.

Fuck em not like those people were going to buy the game in the first place anyways. So its not like you should really give a shit about what they say anyways. Its always the same thing with that. Just like those who keep moving goal posts when it comes to buying the games in the Yakuza series.

Few character related scenes, most def some of the monster art, artwork shown after defeating bosses. Some of the endgame bosses. My guess would be with what Atlus would be considering to appear underaged is what they will most likely be censoring. As in the US that is the largest taboo when it comes to ratings and such.

Perorist had a post in the other thread about the topic too.

Id have to be fairly certain one of them would be the scene with Liz as while its not like the Japanese one shows anything, at the same time shes not covered up enough for Western standards most def.

If you put the following below into google it should appear in the image search as would be obvious which image it is.
リゼリエッタ

The others I would imagine have to do with some of the monster designs or event scenes. Esp the one particular end game boss that Perorist talks about in a different post. Though since we do not know what they are exactly deciding on with other specific scenes and or monster designs there is no way of telling exactly which other images they will be editing.

---

The good thing here is Atlus is telling folks way in advance about it and giving the general number of how many will be edited which is not that bad considering. Since that link states 4 at the moment.
Holy moly, yup this right here answers all our questions folks. Damn lol, just beware googling that last thing out in public lmfao.

I don't mind them cutting stuff like that out tbh. I've said it many times, I don't judge those who are ok with it, but I feel uncomfortable whenever stuff like this pops up just because, I don't like fan service. Although some might get mad that it is censored, I actually am ok with it.

Parakeetman

ugh censorship sucks. I am still gonna play the game but its unfortunate.

In the sense of US standards it makes sense why they have to change things though. So its not as if they are doing it to fuck with the fans.

Plus as mentioned appreciated that they decided to man up and tell everyone straight up ahead of time. Instead of either not saying anything knowing that not a lot of the consumers would have played the original so they wouldnt know any better or trying to toss it out there right before launch when the majority of pre-orders are already in.

At least this makes sense vs "remove that red decal (blood splat) from the character models face or we will have to up the rating to M due to violent content" I really do not like the ESRB at all since they are just too goddamned random in general. Its not like CERO is any better either, if not worse than the ESRB with other content. In Japan they are more vocal about violent content and gore and its been getting worse and worse.

Holy moly, yup this right here answers all our questions folks. Damn lol, just beware googling that last thing out in public lmfao.

I don't mind them cutting stuff like that out tbh. I've said it many times, I don't judge those who are ok with it, but I feel uncomfortable whenever stuff like this pops up just because, I don't like fan service. Although some might get mad that it is censored, I actually am ok with it.

Yeah its why I make certain before suggesting the series that people need to understand that it will be very fanservice heavy as we all know here on GAF there is a good portion of the community that does not enjoy that type of content period. Regardless if the underlying game is good or not and that is totally understandable.

Yeah its why I make certain before suggesting the series that people need to understand that it will be very fanservice heavy as we all know here on GAF there is a good portion of the community that does not enjoy that type of content period. Regardless if the underlying game is good or not and that is totally understandable.
Personally I am ok if there is a bit of fan service added to the game. Keyword being "added", as in, something extra on top of a much bigger package that doesn't have it. When a game revolves around fan service, meaning every mechanic, every scene, etc, has it then I won't like it or even play it.

A good recent example is Moe(ro) Chronicles. As a DRPG fan I was excited until I saw that not only is the story already set up to be filled with fan service, the character art, the mechanics, everything was that.

As someone that watches anime, I've learned to be ok with a bit of it every now and then. Please tell me that Dungeon Travelers isn't just fan service, I was under the impression that this game wasn't like Moe(ro) lol.

Parakeetman

Personally I am ok if there is a bit of fan service added to the game. Keyword being "added", as in, something extra on top of a much bigger package that doesn't have it. When a game revolves around fan service, meaning every mechanic, every scene, etc, has it then I won't like it or even play it.

A good recent example is Moe(ro) Chronicles. As a DRPG fan I was excited until I saw that not only is the story already set up to be filled with fan service, the character art, the mechanics, everything was that.

As someone that watches anime, I've learned to be ok with a bit of it every now and then. Please tell me that Dungeon Travelers isn't just fan service, I was under the impression that this game wasn't like Moe(ro) lol.

The whole dumbass rubbing mechanic among other things was the main reason why I didnt even bother to get Moero Chronicles. As when they add in that type of useless game mechanic that literally adds nothing to the title then its not something worth buying personally.

The game has quite well written characters that are voiced wonderfully by the Japanese VAs. Am sure everyone will find a character they get attached to due to the varied personalities. Due to the way they did the game it makes you care a bit more about your party with the fact that the characters have personalities rather than you dragging around a party of silent protagonists through the whole game. Which there is nothing wrong with, just that since lots of people are used to that, this more narrative based dungeon crawler should be something refreshing. Plus all the extra events that occur in the game are great too.

It helps that the game is packed with content too and is designed well as a DRPG. As mentioned before with my post about the classes / skills there has not been another DRPG that went that insane with character progression outside of this series.
Adding a link since quoting it will make this post a long ass mess.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161156761&postcount=2363

Producer

I really dont get the hype for Moero Chronicle around here. Considering the dev, and the focus they have put on the game. I only seen small gameplay footage months ago and it didnt look like anything special. Maybe i'm missing something, or people really like their fanservice

Kudo

At least they announced it before I got more hyped and pre-ordered it, oh well.
It really sucks that this kind of censorship still happens but can't really help it I guess.. Game has really good VA cast and I'd assume it's very fanservicey at heart given that it's ToHeart (no pun intended) so censoring it, well, I'm sure there's people who'll enjoy it anyways.

Parakeetman

I really dont get the hype for Moero Chronicle around here. Considering the dev, and the focus they have put on the game. I only seen small gameplay footage months ago and it didnt look like anything special. Maybe i'm missing something, or people really like their fanservice

One person that can actually be trusted Crovax says its not a bad DRPG and you dont need to do the rubbing bits, but even with that aside still was not interested in it at all. He went and cleared the game. Game is not that difficult either.

Tohsaka

Well the developer of Moero Chronicle is actually Silicon Studio, and I liked 3D Dot Game Heroes and Bravely Default, so I'm looking forward to it.

Producer

One person that can actually be trusted Crovax says its not a bad DRPG and you dont need to do the rubbing bits, but even with that aside still was not interested in it at all. He went and cleared the game. Game is not that difficult either.

Thats good to hear for the people who are getting it, but yeah i'm also not interested in it as well.

Well the developer of Moero Chronicle is actually Silicon Studio, and I liked 3D Dot Game Heroes and Bravely Default, so I'm looking forward to it.

Really, i would never have thought that to be the case. Must be a separate team from the one who worked on BD

Vylash

that's exactly why i'm hyped for it, Compile Heart is based and i'd trust them with my life

The whole dumbass rubbing mechanic among other things was the main reason why I didnt even bother to get Moero Chronicles. As when they add in that type of useless game mechanic that literally adds nothing to the title then its not something worth buying personally.

The game has quite well written characters that are voiced wonderfully by the Japanese VAs. Am sure everyone will find a character they get attached to due to the varied personalities. Due to the way they did the game it makes you care a bit more about your party with the fact that the characters have personalities rather than you dragging around a party of silent protagonists through the whole game. Which there is nothing wrong with, just that since lots of people are used to that, this more narrative based dungeon crawler should be something refreshing. Plus all the extra events that occur in the game are great too.

It helps that the game is packed with content too and is designed well as a DRPG. As mentioned before with my post about the classes / skills there has not been another DRPG that went that insane with character progression outside of this series.
Adding a link since quoting it will make this post a long ass mess.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161156761&postcount=2363

Now this I am ok with specially with what you said, that characters have back stories and personalities. Kind of a refreshing take, couple that with what seems to be a well designed game, that means I will still get the game.

HGH

Banned
IFI's work still feels a bit low budget--there's still lots of less-important scenes with missing English VA (JP is fully voiced), and the quest descriptions are confusing (I still have no idea what the time on the time limit means). Actual dialog is fine, quest descriptions are fine, but random crap is confusing for no reason--some quests you have to pay money to complete, and their objective is written as "Other EP 50000" (what it actually means is "pay me 50000 EP").

Overall they're making good games but they could really do with an extra layer of polish on both the original game and the localization pass.
Aw, seriously? I thought since IFI were directly linked to IF there'd be more complete localizations guaranteed now. I hope this is just because it's a niche new IP and not the norm for them, I'd hate for future Neptunias to have partial dubs.
It's some sort of Tales-esque thing where you pick what to carry over based on Coins (found from treasure spots, stolen from bosses) You can keep stuff like weapon proficiency, items and stuff. Not sure the specifics yet, haven't beaten it still. I might polish it off this weekend but just in case Im' already writing up my review (I'm 50 hours in)
That sounds pretty cool as a system, I hope it's not too inconvenient if you haven't specifically been saving up or going for steals.

idea factory has their claws in everyone
Well they did just recently get a controlling share in Felistella.

Shizuka

That's impressive, I did not know. I did say Compile Heart should've gotten Sting to develop Moero instead.

SerTapTap

Aw, seriously? I thought since IFI were directly linked to IF there'd be more complete localizations guaranteed now. I hope this is just because it's a niche new IP and not the norm for them, I'd hate for future Neptunias to have partial dubs.

That sounds pretty cool as a system, I hope it's not too inconvenient if you haven't specifically been saving up or going for steals.

I'm really hoping it's because it's a new IP on a single, untested platform. If Neptunia VII has partial dubs I'll be really annoyed. It's super sad that thus far the spin offs have had full voice acting and none of the main games or rebirths have except 1 (which is the worst)

I don't think steals are an extremely disproportionate amount of coins (one per boss I think), but there are quite a few that you get by poking around every map every chapter or so--once the Fog of War on the map is cleared you see grey treasure chests and can just run and go get them. Not sure how crazy the prices are though, hoping it's not as bad as Tales where a near-100% playthrough will buy you fuck-all most of the time unless you grind like mad (if you CAN grind grade).

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure, they're listed as the developer on GameFAQs and are listed on the back of the box:
That's because the portrait engine in the novel scenes (and maybe the rubbing stuff) is their engine. It's on the back of the box of every one of those games.

mothball

Most of the time, when it does happen it makes sense why it got cut. There's just certain things that are wrong lol. Sure liberty of expression and whatever, blah, blah, but if something gets cut there is a reason for it. I can live without it, so can everyone else.

i stopped believing this after seeing several cards cut from monpiece that were tamer than stuff that was left in

Tohsaka

People always get pissed about censorship, seems like it's moreso than usual this time which is ironic because this game is even less censored than CG and MonMon were.

antibolo

Banned

Nicalis is what happened, I assume.

But VVVVVV is on pretty much everything else now, and is a very short game, so really, I don't think that's a big loss.

Yeah, full nudity in stuff like GTA V and LA Noire is no problem, but can't have sexy anime girl CGs.

There's a pretty good reason why the former is considered "no problem" while the latter is not (and I'm not going to explain what it is, because people tend to get banned for debating this subject on GAF).

Tohsaka

There's a pretty good reason why the former is considered "no problem" whike the latter is not (and I'm not going to explain what it is, because people tend to get banned for debating this subject here).

Oh I know why, I just think it's dumb. Still getting the game either way since the editing is minimal.

Shizuka

Play-Asia got some extra stock for Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (english) asian version for the Vita. They're around U$70 on eBay, but it's $40 at Play-Asia, the stock won't last long with those prices.

Play-Asia got some extra stock for Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (english) asian version for the Vita. They're around U$70 on eBay, but it's $40 at Play-Asia, the stock won't last long with those prices.
As the number one voice for Hollow Fragment, and I say this without having played Lost Song yet, I would save my money and wait for the guaranteed US release. For what it is, I don't think this game is worth importing. Even I am just going to wait this one out, and everyone knows how much praise and love I had for the previous game. This is no HF, Parakeet has told us that a million times. Just wait for the GE2 and LS announcements at E3.
I still believe.

Zia

So, I'm trying to link Spotify on PS4 via my phone and it says, "Tap the bar at the bottom of the screen". Uh, what bar? I'm on iOS and my Spotify app doesn't have a bar at the bottom of the screen.

Shizuka

As the number one voice for Hollow Fragment, and I say this without having played Lost Song yet, I would save my money and wait for the guaranteed US release. For what it is, I don't think this game is worth importing. Even I am just going to wait this one out, and everyone knows how much praise and love I had for the previous game. This is no HF, Parakeet has told us that a million times. Just wait for the GE2 and LS announcements at E3.
I still believe.

But I'm talking about Hollow Fragment.

autoduelist

I'm an adult. The only person that should decide what I can or can not see is me. I have kids. The only person that should decide what they can or can not see is me, and I take responsibility for that. It's not my job to police what you look at assuming we're not talking about stuff that causes harm in the making.

I don't care enough to write letters, or complain, or boycott.... but I totally understand why people do. It's not 'whiny internet nerds', and I don't understand why people feel the need to insult those that don't agree with them... it's a principled stance. It doesn't matter if it's one image or a thousand, censorship means there is someone who thinks they can safely view these images while judging them unfit for me to see and wielding the power to enforce that view. That's some serious bullshit in my opinion.

Some people find all sorts of shit offensive that I do not -- from interracial kissing, to breast feeding babies, to whatever. Governments, in particular, love to censor. I don't trust others to decide what it's okay for me to see, and resent the fact they think they need to.

I find the fact that people go and look up the images for themselves, then say 'oh, I see why...' particularly irksome. If it was okay for you to see, again, why are you assuming the power stance that others should not?

Then again, I live in the United States. If Michelangelo was alive today his statues would be considered obscene and controversial by half the country, while they watched their soft-porn reality tv shows and violent action films. Heck, even nipples have caused some of the silliest controversies of all time more than once, and they're something we all have.

Personally, I wish all these games had a medieval fantasy theme (like, say, the original Wizardrys or Demon's Souls) and don't need any titillating images in my games. But other people want them, so whatever.

I'm an adult. The only person that should decide what I can or can not see is me. I have kids. The only person that should decide what they can or can not see is me, and I take responsibility for that. It's not my job to police what you look at assuming we're not talking about stuff that causes harm in the making.

I don't care enough to write letters, or complain, or boycott.... but I totally understand why people do. It's not 'whiny internet nerds', and I don't understand why people feel the need to insult those that don't agree with them... it's a principled stance. It doesn't matter if it's one image or a thousand, censorship means there is someone who thinks they can safely view these images while judging them unfit for me to see and wielding the power to enforce that view. That's some serious bullshit in my opinion.

Some people find all sorts of shit offensive that I do not -- from interracial kissing, to breast feeding babies, to whatever. Governments, in particular, love to censor. I don't trust others to decide what it's okay for me to see, and resent the fact they think they need to.

I find the fact that people go and look up the images for themselves, then say 'oh, I see why...' particularly irksome. If it was okay for you to see, again, why are you assuming the power stance that others should not?

tumblr_inline_nf6mpamR081sm13o3.gif

--

Oh shit, TOTP eh?

Buy Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, because as far as I know not a thing was changed censor-wise from the original. :)

Top Bottom