• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

bobohoro

Guys, how much should I expect to pay in shipping if I want the Abyss LE in Europe ? Just an estimation will do.
I'm kinda sad to be digital only on Vita, while it has its perks, I never saw a Vita cart. Feels strange :-/

Nisa Europe online store has a crapton of shipping fees.
On top of being totally overpriced.
You'd probably be better off somehow important via the help of some american friend or something like that.

Tapejara

Turned on my PS3 to download Red Dead Redemption, and quickly remembered that I can't download a game while playing another. How did we ever get by without multitasking?

--

I just read Siliconera's Omega Quintet preview/review. Man, that sounds disappointing. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was hoping the writing would be better :/. TapTap, what did you think of the writing?

antibolo

Banned
Turned on my PS3 to download Red Dead Redemption, and quickly remembered that I can't download a game while playing another. How did we ever get by without multitasking?

What? No. Background downloads definitely do continue while you are in a game. It will pause them only if the game actively uses the Internet connection.

Tapejara

What? No. Background downloads definitely do continue while you are in a game. It will pause them only if the game actively uses the Internet connection.

I tried playing Ratchet & Clank (the remaster of the first game) and it paused the download, which I don't believe uses an active Internet connection. As well, I was under the impression that more resource intensive games would also pause downloads, though I suppose I could be mistaken.

Li Kao

Man, I'm having a brainfart here. I was sure operation abyss was the remake of two games in one, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Strange, are there other rpg I could have mixed it with ? I can only think of Hollow Fragment.

Prelude.

I know this is maybe heresy but I think Sayonara UmiharaKawase has some mass appeal and probably would sell better if it had a western name like "Hooking Walking Goldfish" or something. I think it is going to get dismissed on price and the name just makes it look like another JRPG to people who don't follow games very closely.
Everyone should watch Game Center CX's episode on the original Umihara Kawase, that's what made me interested in the series.

Man, I'm having a brainfart here. I was sure operation abyss was the remake of two games in one, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Strange, are there other rpg I could have mixed it with ? I can only think of Hollow Fragment.
Hollow Fragment is half a psp port and half new content but, yeah, iirc OA should be a remake of two games, there's a handy chart that shows all the games but I can't find it. Parakeetman has it for sure.

antibolo

Banned
I tried playing Ratchet & Clank (the remaster of the first game) and it paused the download, which I don't believe uses an active Internet connection. As well, I was under the impression that more resource intensive games would also pause downloads, though I suppose I could be mistaken.

It's probably the game being dumb and disabling background downloads for no reason. But in most other games this is handled properly.

Shizuka

How bad is Silent Hill HD Collection? Is it playable? I found it for cheap, figured I could give it a go if it's at least playable.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Its a remake of Generation Xth Code Hazard + Code Breaker

Operation Babel = Code Realize

Its not that this info really matters as hardly anyone has actually played the Generation Xth series besides long time fans of Exp Inc. lol

Nudull

Banned
How bad is Silent Hill HD Collection? Is it playable? I found it for cheap, figured I could give it a go if it's at least playable.

I've wanted to play Silent Hill 3 especially, but I've heard some horrid things about the HD remasters. I'd like to know too, so I might have some closure.

Parakeetman

I've wanted to play Silent Hill 3 especially, but I've heard some horrid things about the HD remasters. I'd like to know too, so I might have some closure.

SH2
url.png

SH3
Left = Original, Right = HD

Silent Hill HD Collection has left fans highly unsatisfied, riddled as it is with bugs and shoddy visual updates. One man in particular seems to have a low opinion of the graphical "improvements" to the games, and his opinion is worth noting -- he's Masahiro Ito, the art director for the first three Silent Hill games.

Ito was shown some comparison shots of the old and new games on Twitter, and he was pretty unimpressed. You can see the screens in the attached gallery, where the notable lack of fog reveals unfinished portions of the environment.

"Left side is HD, isn't it? It's poor," he stated. "... It's really a released version? Really?"

When informed that the screenshot was indeed from the final retail copy, his reaction was pretty self-explanatory. He simply exclaimed, "OMG!!!!" He would then go on to say that Konami did not have to release a version in that condition, further expressing his surprise at the port job.

http://www.destructoid.com/silent-hill-designer-unimpressed-by-silent-hill-hd-224421.phtml

Shizuka

I just found out that both japanese and asian releases for Orgarhythm and Dokuro come with english subtitles. I guess Sumioni is the only one of those that doesn't come with english subtitles.

Li Kao

Its not that this info really matters as hardly anyone has actually played the Generation Xth series besides long time fans of Exp Inc. lol

Random useless facts are the best :p
More seriously, it happened like that :
"Man, I can't wait for this game, and to think there are two games woth of content in it... wait, is there, really ?" Then I quickly checked some Abyss thread and couldn't find the info again.

Parakeetman

Random useless facts are the best :p
More seriously, it happened like that :
"Man, I can't wait for this game, and to think there are two games woth of content in it... wait, is there, really ?" Then I quickly checked some Abyss thread and couldn't find the info again.

See that isnt really going to help without proper context as the original games themselves were not exactly super long. I forget how long the last one is as its been years since Ive played all 3. But the first two titles are not that long on their own. Were priced accordingly also. So its not like people bought 60 dollar games with little content for the Generation Xth series. Dont think you can get the 3 games separate anymore, but they have the Generation Xth 1 2 3 pack for around 40 USD. They had to combine the two to make enough content for a single game. As the game follows the same general script as the original series, with updates to the characters and such. Some being fully redone in comparison to the original PC version.

The short is they combined 2 halves of a game to make one lol.

In regards to the whole Generation Xth series those 3 titles were more like when the company was still small like an indie dev house, their first real big release was the Students of Round game then the rest of the titles that followed after. Wait think it was Cross Blood first then Students of Round. Though Cross Blood was harder to find with the low print numbers, where Student of Round had a lot more copies and was able to be found pretty easily in stores.

Heres the full list of the series.
GENERATION XTH(Code Hazard):2008 / 04 / 30 - PC
GENERATION XTH(Code Breaker):2008 / 11 / 30 - PC
GENERATION XTH(Code Realize):2009 / 05 / 30 - PC
Labyrinth Cross Blood :2010 /12 / 17 - PC
Labyrinth Cross Blood Reloaded:2011 / 11 / 10 - X360
Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity:2013 / 04 / 25 - Vita
Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate : 2014 / 08 / 28 - Vita
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy : 2014 / 07 / 24 - Vita
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy : 2015 / 04 / 30 - Vita

Shizuka

Updating my list:

Japanese games with retail releases (english subtitles):

- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Europe, Asia);
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Asia);
- Soul Sacrifice Delta (Asia);
- Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (Asia);
- New Little King's Story (Europe, Asia);
- Dokuro (Asia, Japan);
- Moe Chronicle (Asia);
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Asia);
- Steins;Gate (Europe);
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD (Asia);
- Orgarhythm (Asia, Japan);
- J-Stars Victory+ (Europe, Asia);
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Europe).

Tohsaka

I just found out that both japanese and asian releases for Orgarhythm and Dokuro come with english subtitles. I guess Sumioni is the only one of those that doesn't come with english subtitles.

Yeah, I imported Dokuro before it came out here when they announced it'd be digital only.

Shizuka

Yeah, I imported Dokuro before it came out here when they announced it'd be digital only.

That's interesting. Could you take a look at my list? Does it seem complete for you? I wish Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ could make it, but it won't. Same for Hotline Miami Collection, but I'm not feeling that one either.

autoduelist

onky have a vita to post with so yall gonna haveto deal wlith myhatred of touch typin.

hundred-percent ed run like hell. no dlc requireed at all. full game was worththe buck twenty five imo ifyou like endless runners. 25wins online was actually fun and nothing needed to be grinded since just beatingthegame n the 25 online got me 98 percent complete.

and nfs mw continues to impress . so much fun. glad i waited a long time after plating ps3 version though

Tohsaka

That's interesting. Could you take a look at my list? Does it seem complete for you? I wish Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ could make it, but it won't. Same for Hotline Miami Collection, but I'm not feeling that one either.

Those are all the ones I can think of, I checked GameFAQs quickly too but nothing else jumped out at me.

Shun

Playing through Disgaea 4 Return right now. I actually really like this cast and theme it has going on.

Anyone have class recommendation? Is magic knight as broken as in Disgaea 2?

I just unlocked magic knight, ronin, and ninja.

wilflare

Updating my list:

Japanese games with retail releases (english subtitles):

- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Europe, Asia);
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Asia);
- Soul Sacrifice Delta (Asia);
- Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (Asia);
- New Little King's Story (Europe, Asia);
- Dokuro (Asia, Japan);
- Moe Chronicle (Asia);
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Asia);
- Steins;Gate (Europe);
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD (Asia);
- Orgarhythm (Asia, Japan);
- J-Stars Victory+ (Europe, Asia);
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Europe).

I've seen a number of them :O

Heres the full list of the series.

Op Abyss is a remake of the first 2 Xth games, right? I don't think Realize has been remade, but Babel is a sequel to Abyss.

Will we be missing out on much there, story wise? Aside from Babel, I doubt NISA is going to go back and do Cross Blood unless they get remade/ported to another system in the future.

Xenoflare

So, both Zodiac and world end eclipse are going to be free to play?

I enjoyed my time with destiny of Spirits, but I still feel a little disappointed.

SH HD games are horrible because the original final builds are lost, for SH2 at least. The studio porting them had to work with the alpha codes.

wilflare

Some of them are worth a lot of money, but most of them aren't that rate. Currently, Oreshika should be the most expensive one to get off eBay.

they are being sold at very reasonable/affordable prices where I'm at ><
I really hope no one gets me to help them (buy it and ship it to them) and end up reselling it...
- I would be quite annoyed to say the least

CORRECTION: I would be VERY annoyed if it's a fellow GAFfer

Prelude.

I really hope no one gets me to help them (buy it and ship it to them) and end up reselling it...
Really? Even the english asian SSD? I might be interested in that.

Shizuka

I wonder if I should get Steins;Gate limited edition. I won't get the standard edition because North America should be getting that sometime this year, but it's not like the limited edition is all that great either. I just don't want to wait months to play a game that's already available elsewhere.

I wonder if I should get Steins;Gate limited edition. I won't get the standard edition because North America should be getting that sometime this year, but it's not like the limited edition is all that great either. I just don't want to wait months to play a game that's already available elsewhere.

This is exactly where I'm at. I really don't want to wait, but that LE looks lackluster. Maybe playing the game or watching the anime would make the metal upa seem more worthwhile, but the artbook mostly looks like screen shots from the game. $80 is expensive for something that looks mostly meh.

I know the SE is available for free shipping, but I'd rater wait for better US prices rather than going for that.

I'm probably going to pass, but we'll see. It'd be nice if PQube could give us a better idea of the NA release date.

Shizuka

This is exactly where I'm at. I really don't want to wait, but that LE looks lackluster. Maybe playing the game or watching the anime would make the metal upa seem more worthwhile, but the artbook mostly looks like screen shots from the game. $80 is expensive for something that looks mostly meh.

I know the SE is available for free shipping, but I'd rater wait for better US prices rather than going for that.

I'm probably going to pass, but we'll see. It'd be nice if PQube could give us a better idea of the NA release date.

Exact same situation, I'm sure a lot of people are going through this as well. I'll wait until a few days before the release, if they don't share any news regarding the NA release, I'll probably get it.

incpdo

Stay away of sh hd collection. It has no fog on silent hill 2 , the character runs like in slow motion( im not exaggerating here) in sh3, there is music that cuts suddenly to silence, music that shouldn't be there ( the coders didn't have idea where the correct pieces were supposed to go) has like thousands of bugs and its a really a shame of a port leaving jak and daxter on vita like a king in comparison. There is even a 2 hour long documentary on YouTube stating every mistake they made . and of course this.
Maria_eyes.png

Quick question, has anyone ever used "PayByMobile" on PSN? I'm 0.30€ short of buying the Toro PS4 theme and usually use Pre-Paid PSN cards or my PayPal account to buy stuff although for security reasons I made it so my PayPal account has to be manually charged at my local bank. Now I don't feel like running off to charge up 0.30€ and discovered this PayByMobile option.

From what I've read it works like this:

1: Use PayByMobile
2: SMS with verification-code will be send to my phone
3: Enter verification-code
4: Amount will be charged from my next mobile bill

Now my questions, I'm currently with T-Mobile Germany on a monthly contract, is it as hassle free as it sounds? Will there be any added fees or will it simply be 100% the 0.30€ I'm lacking?

Thanks for any answers in advance :)

I don't know if this has been posted, but I like to watch Youtube videos on my Vita, and in the past I would occasionally see a message that a video was unavailable on mobile but that I could add it to a playlist and watch it later on PC. Recently every video I try to watch that's more than an hour long gives me this message. Anyone know why this has changed?

Christian

My mom was kind enough to preorder the Operation Abyss LE for my birthday. I missed out on the LE for Demon Gaze, and I'm kicking myself. Really hyped for this one.

Tapejara

I don't know if this has been posted, but I like to watch Youtube videos on my Vita, and in the past I would occasionally see a message that a video was unavailable on mobile but that I could add it to a playlist and watch it later on PC. Recently every video I try to watch that's more than an hour long gives me this message. Anyone know why this has changed?

Are you using the YouTube app? Because Sony cut support for the app on the 20th, so that could be why.

Takao

Banned
No, I'm using the web browser.

Try disabling the mobile site. IIRC Youtube doesn't allow long videos on m.youtube.com due to ads. Because Vita's video playback is a bit weird, you might have to use the skip button if ads loop on you.

Or you could use the Youtube app until it breaks down.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
SSD in English is impossible to find. So I'm glad you were able to help me out with that.

CORRECTION: I would be VERY annoyed if it's a fellow GAFfer

Just FYI wilflare so you don't get upset with me.
I already own Oreshika (non-LE) and will be re-selling that on in the B/S/T thread for what it cost me from Play-Asia so no profit.
This was before I knew the English LE existed and realized I had to have it in my life, haha.

Parakeetman

Op Abyss is a remake of the first 2 Xth games, right? I don't think Realize has been remade, but Babel is a sequel to Abyss.

Will we be missing out on much there, story wise? Aside from Babel, I doubt NISA is going to go back and do Cross Blood unless they get remade/ported to another system in the future.

As stated before

Op Abyss = Code Hazard + Code Breaker
Op Babel = Code Realize (sub blood system inclusion aka sub jobs)

Generation Xth = Code Hazard, Code Breaker, Code Realize in that order.

After that if there is another remake that would be based off of Cross Blood which takes place after Code Realize.

Considering that you have the story finished for the Generation Xth arc if you play both Abyss and Babel you should be fine. Since the stuff in Cross Blood takes place after depending on how they do the ending in Babel would either let people know there will be a third game coming which is the Cross Blood remake or close things off so folks who never played or knew about Cross Blood would not know that there is another game in the series.

As stated before

Op Abyss = Code Hazard + Code Breaker
Op Babel = Code Realize (sub blood system inclusion aka sub jobs)

Considering that you have the story finished for the Generation Xth arc if you play both Abyss and Babel you should be fine. Since the stuff in Cross Blood takes place after depending on how they do the ending in Babel would either let people know there will be a third game coming which is the Cross Blood remake or close things off so folks who never played or knew about Cross Blood would not know that there is another game in the series.

Oops, sorry, missed that up the page. :p Thanks for replying again though!

Hopefully Abyss does well enough that NISA will do Babel and any other future Exp games.

Parakeetman

Oops, sorry, missed that up the page. :p Thanks for replying again though!

Hopefully Abyss does well enough that NISA will do Babel and any other future Exp games.

No problem. The reason why the Generation Xth series was done up into 3 parts like that is each one represents a term during their high school year. As Japan runs on a trimester system.

Id imagine that they would also have Babel down the pipe and would be the title to come out after Stranger of Sword City (if they have that) but in the event that NISA does have that title it makes a nice break in between the 2 titles to prevent series fatigue with the setting.

No problem. The reason why the Generation Xth series was done up into 3 parts like that is each one represents a term during their high school year. As Japan runs on a trimester system.

Id imagine that they would also have Babel down the pipe and would be the title to come out after Stranger of Sword City (if they have that) but in the event that NISA does have that title it makes a nice break in between the 2 titles to prevent series fatigue with the setting.

Interesting, thanks. I would imagine they have Babel in the pipeline in case Abyss does well. SoSC seems like something Exp and a lot of fans want localized, so it wouldn't surprise me.

One last clarification question about Xth series. If we wanted the entire series in their most complete/updated forms, the games we would need (in chronological order storywise) are:

Operation Abyss
Operation Babel
Labyrinth Cross Blood: Infinity Ultimate

edit, looking around and reading up on the series more, I believe this is correct.

Parakeetman

Interesting, thanks. I would imagine they have Babel in the pipeline in case Abyss does well. SoSC seems like something Exp and a lot of fans want localized, so it wouldn't surprise me.

One last clarification question about Xth series. If we wanted the entire series in their most complete/updated forms, the games we would need (in chronological order storywise) are:

Operation Abyss
Operation Babel
Labyrinth Cross Blood: Infinity Ultimate

edit, looking around and reading up on the series more, I believe this is correct.

Basically yes that should be the whole series there.

On a separate topic for

Students of Round
Stranger of Sword City

Granted there are not a huge narrative connection, the general world and backstory parts are connected. And it is not necessary to play Students of Round before playing Stranger of Sword City. As the story itself is self contained, but those who have played Students of Round would pick up on things within the game. Its why some people call SoSC, Students of Round II. Though the narrative process is different as SoR had preset characters and the only real "voiceless" character is the main character the player initially creates. Where in SoSC the game has characters appearing in the story but your party is consisted of characters all created by the player and hold no personalities of their own.

Though dont worry about this too much when SoSC comes out. Even more so considering there is no official localized version of SoR.

Basically yes that should be the whole series there.

On a separate topic for

Students of Round
Stranger of Sword City

Thanks again.

I read that Students of the Round was in the same universe/series as Demon Gaze? I'm going to assume that's wrong, as you have far more first hand knowledge on the matter.

Anyway, nice heads up. I'm not too worried about Students of the Round. Seems like the window of opportunity for that one has passed, glad Exp wisely didn't make it necessary to play.

Parakeetman

Thanks again.

I read that Students of the Round was in the same universe/series as Demon Gaze? I'm going to assume that's wrong, as you have far more first hand knowledge on the matter.

Anyway, nice heads up. I'm not too worried about Students of the Round. Seems like the window of opportunity for that one has passed, glad Exp wisely didn't make it necessary to play.

I think just more in the sense of the races rather than like story wise anyways.

SoR has a lot more of a connection to SoSC not only due to some mechanics but there is an actual reoccurring character that appears.

Top Bottom