• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

wilflare

SSD in English is impossible to find. So I'm glad you were able to help me out with that.

Just FYI wilflare so you don't get upset with me.
I already own Oreshika (non-LE) and will be re-selling that on in the B/S/T thread for what it cost me from Play-Asia so no profit.
This was before I knew the English LE existed and realized I had to have it in my life, haha.

np. I'll get down to shipping them to you soon...

PayPal is just taking forever to transfer the money to my bank account

VLiberty

Just going to throw this in here because I stumbled across it earlier - was browsing Play-Asia's database and they have a listing for Civilization Revolution 2 Plus for Vita.

Sounds kinda plausible. Though the video linked is for Date-a-Live Vita (they have a separate listing for that though) and the only version they've got is Asian (not EU/US).

I have no idea if Play-Asia have been right with this kinda stuff before (only thing I'm aware of is that they had retail listings for J-Stars/One Piece Vita in Europe but not USA months before that was officially announced, but that could've been educated guesswork).
Well of course it makes more sense to bring this rather than the three GTA games. Or the first Bioshock. Or the XCOM games.

Quick question, has anyone ever used "PayByMobile" on PSN? I'm 0.30€ short of buying the Toro PS4 theme and usually use Pre-Paid PSN cards or my PayPal account to buy stuff although for security reasons I made it so my PayPal account has to be manually charged at my local bank. Now I don't feel like running off to charge up 0.30€ and discovered this PayByMobile option.

From what I've read it works like this:

1: Use PayByMobile
2: SMS with verification-code will be send to my phone
3: Enter verification-code
4: Amount will be charged from my next mobile bill

Now my questions, I'm currently with T-Mobile Germany on a monthly contract, is it as hassle free as it sounds? Will there be any added fees or will it simply be 100% the 0.30€ I'm lacking?

Thanks for any answers in advance :)

I just did this last night. You can only top up your wallet in £5 £10 or €5 €10 amounts. It takes 2 minutes to add money to your wallet.

Watch out though. When I did this a month ago it stole my money without adding anything to my wallet an error occurred but I got my money back through support.

It worked fine for me last night though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well of course it makes more sense to bring this rather than the three GTA games. Or the first Bioshock. Or the XCOM games.
Money-wise? A port of a (not great apparently)mobile game is obviously cheaper than the other solutions, but GTA games, Bioshock and XCOM were all ported to mobile so i don't see the problem of a Vita version.

Sadly developers made many people forget that Vita is a relatively powerful hardware, best looking games(like Killzone Mercenary) show what an hardware can do, not bad ports.

maxcriden

Very dumb question for y'all. Thinking about picking up a PS3. Do I need PS+ to buy games on the store? I want to say when I used to have a 360 you needed to be a member to use the store (?). Thanks!

Ventara

Very dumb question for y'all. Thinking about picking up a PS3. Do I need PS+ to buy games on the store? I want to say when I used to have a 360 you needed to be a member to use the store (?). Thanks!

No you don't. I never owned a 360, but that can't be true about the 360, can it? That's just crazy if it is.

Broken Age, Damascus Gear and Project Root are up on EU PSN. Seems like there was truth in the "PSN now doesn't only update once a week" statement, with Umihara Kawase also coming on thursday.

No PS+ discount(s) yet though and Broken Age is supposed to have one.
That was never the case for XBL, many sales were (or are?) exclusive to Gold though.

I just found out that both japanese and asian releases for Orgarhythm and Dokuro come with english subtitles. I guess Sumioni is the only one of those that doesn't come with english subtitles.

Cool! I didn't know the Japanese versions had english subtitles too. I've been waiting for the Asian versions of both of those games to come back in stock on Play-Asia. Guess I don't have to any more!

Broken Age, Damascus Gear and Project Root are up on EU PSN. Seems like there was truth in the "PSN now doesn't only update once a week" statement, with Umihara Kawase also coming on thursday.

No PS+ discount(s) yet though and Broken Age is supposed to have one.

That was never the case for XBL, many sales were (or are?) exclusive to Gold though.

Nice. hope the discount is applied soon

When did both PS3 and Vita versions of Plants vs. Zombies get pulled from PSN?

Crap, the Vita version is still on my to-buy list.

Sony sold SOE, maybe that's when those were removed.

I'm thinking the same thing. On the European store, both versions still have their store pages and SOE is listed as publisher.

Interesting. PS3 demo is still up via search.

Daybreak Games is listed there as publisher, which is the new name of SOE. So maybe the games will return.

I just did this last night. You can only top up your wallet in £5 £10 or €5 €10 amounts. It takes 2 minutes to add money to your wallet.

Watch out though. When I did this a month ago it stole my money without adding anything to my wallet an error occurred but I got my money back through support.

It worked fine for me last night though.

Ah okay thanks for the reply, glad to hear you got your money back when it glitched! It might be handy for the future then aslong as it works but the fixed amounts are kinda a deal-breaker for me, I might aswell go and snag a 5€ PSN card later then.

maxcriden

No you don't. I never owned a 360, but that can't be true about the 360, can it? That's just crazy if it is.

You only needed a normal (silver) XBL account to access the store.

Did you have to pay for a silver account? It's possible as YG says I am entirely misremembering.

(P.S. Is Broken Age on PS3 or just PS4?)

Li Kao

I'm still relatively new to the way the PS store works sales-wise, but if the Golden Week sale is not a flash sale, shouldn't it appear tonight ?

SerTapTap

Remind me not to review JRPGs...got Omega Quintet weeks early, still not done in time for release.

Forgot to play Broken Age last night, must avoid spoilers. Without anything more than a yes or no, is act 2 as good/better than act 1?

I'm still relatively new to the way the PS store works sales-wise, but if the Golden Week sale is not a flash sale, shouldn't it appear tonight ?

Technically yes, though I think they recently (quietly) rolled out the ability to update the store any day of the week. But the big stuff will still be on tuesdays and fridays.

When did both PS3 and Vita versions of Plants vs. Zombies get pulled from PSN?

Seriously? WTF. I've had the PC version since launch, but it played surprisingly well on controller.

SerTapTap

Dang, for real? Any chance of a PS3 port?

Possible but probably not if it's already on the other 2. If it's not on an engine that easily ports to PS3 or from Japan I wouldn't expect it to show up on PS3 at this point. Broken Age's PC specs can't be too high though, right?

How's the controller support for Broken Age anyway? Always interesting to see games like this with different control schemes, I just played with my mouse.

Hm, I guess I totally misremembered then. I think I only got XBL at all in order to get Banjo-Kazooie and maybe a demo of Nuts 'n' Bolts, another demo (Ratatouille?) and Psychonauts.

Dang, for real? Any chance of a PS3 port?

I wouldn't count on it. Grim Fandango only came out on PS4/Vita as well

maxcriden

Possible but probably not if it's already on the other 2. If it's not on an engine that easily ports to PS3 or from Japan I wouldn't expect it to show up on PS3 at this point. Broken Age's PC specs can't be too high though, right?

How's the controller support for Broken Age anyway? Always interesting to see games like this with different control schemes, I just played with my mouse.

I wouldn't count on it. Grim Fandango only came out on PS4/Vita as well

Oh, okay. Thanks, guys.

So, what are some PS3 PSN gems I missed out on? I tend to shy away from violent games, I should mention. So various indies + platformers tend to be my jam.

SerTapTap

Oh, okay. Thanks, guys.

So, what are some PS3 PSN gems I missed out on? I tend to shy away from violent games, I should mention. So various indies + platformers tend to be my jam.

I'll try and look through my list (I'll forget), all the Thatgamecompany games are great though (Flow, Flower, Journey), Unfinished Swan, Hohokum, Sound Shapes (note that all of those are on/coming to PS4 if you plan to get one later, but they're also crossbuy so no wasted money either). I'm sure there's a lot more but those immediately spring to mind. All pretty artsy in a good way, nonviolent, chill games with great art styles I'm very glad to have played. Pretty sure I recommend them every time someone asks about PS indies

maxcriden

I'll try and look through my list (I'll forget), all the Thatgamecompany games are great though (Flow, Flower, Journey), Unfinished Swan, Hohokum, Sound Shapes (note that all of those are on/coming to PS4 if you plan to get one later, but they're also crossbuy so no wasted money either). I'm sure there's a lot more but those immediately spring to mind. All pretty artsy in a good way, nonviolent, chill games with great art styles I'm very glad to have played. Pretty sure I recommend them every time someone asks about PS indies

Those all sound good. Thank you! Is 2D Rotating Octopus pretty good, as well?

Oh, okay. Thanks, guys.

• Tokyo jungle
  • hohokum
  • Journey
  • Unfinished Swan
  • Flower
  • flow

• Puppeteer
  • Little Big Planet
  • Outland

• Jak & daxter HD
  • ratchet & clank HD
Don't forget PSN also has a wide array of PS1 & PS2 classics. I bought that old Toy Story 2 game and it still holds up!

SerTapTap

Oh right, Tokyo Jungle. Really cool quirky game but for I couldn't really deal with killing all the other cute little animals. Maybe I should play as a grazer and give it another shit.

LBP and ratchet are good gets too. Might want to start with the early ratchets if you don't mind, I found it hard to go back after playing the PS3 native games first. Everything just looks so much better and the voice acting is more professional too. The Sly Cooper games hold up fine.

Oh right, I have the PS Mini version from PS+, it's pretty cool. Where Is My Heart is great too (puzzle game), and Velocity Ultra. I think Flying Hamster is a PS3 mini as well, a pretty hard arcade style Cute 'Em Up. There's a modest selection of shmups on PS3 digitally too, I really like the Gundemonium games (Gundemonium, Gundeadligne, Hitogatta Happa). They're bullet hell games but have easy modes and you can credit feed through the first two. Hitogata Happa is the best of them, but even Easy Mode is quite hard and has no credit feeding.

Also if you like local multiplayer puzzle games, Super Puzzle Fighter and Geon are really fun. I crushed everyone in those in college...the only Geon match I ever lost was due to (extreme) lag. Stupid online play.

maxcriden

• Tokyo jungle
  • hohokum
  • Journey
  • Unfinished Swan
  • Flower
  • flow

• Puppeteer
  • Little Big Planet
  • Outland

• Jak & daxter HD
  • ratchet & clank HD
Don't forget PSN also has a wide array of PS1 & PS2 classics. I bought that old Toy Story 2 game and it still holds up!

Oh right, Tokyo Jungle. Really cool quirky game but for I couldn't really deal with killing all the other cute little animals. Maybe I should play as a grazer and give it another shit.

LBP and ratchet are good gets too. Might want to start with the early ratchets if you don't mind, I found it hard to go back after playing the PS3 native games first. Everything just looks so much better and the voice acting is more professional too. The Sly Cooper games hold up fine.

Oh right, I have the PS Mini version from PS+, it's pretty cool. Where Is My Heart is great too (puzzle game), and Velocity Ultra. I think Flying Hamster is a PS3 mini as well, a pretty hard arcade style Cute 'Em Up. There's a modest selection of shmups on PS3 digitally too, I really like the Gundemonium games (Gundemonium, Gundeadligne, Hitogatta Happa). They're bullet hell games but have easy modes and you can credit feed through the first two. Hitogata Happa is the best of them, but even Easy Mode is quite hard and has no credit feeding.

Also if you like local multiplayer puzzle games, Super Puzzle Fighter and Geon are really fun. I crushed everyone in those in college...the only Geon match I ever lost was due to (extreme) lag. Stupid online play.

Dude, Tokyo Jungle ;___; I could never play that. I wish I didn't even know that game existed. Legit tear. Did you even read my nonviolent preference? :'(

Anyway, thanks for the other recs. I really am interested in cute 'em ups so please feel free to recommend any others. I wanted to play Star Parodier on Wii VC as I think that's another one in the subgenre but IIRC it was delisted. I don't think I've ever played a bullet hell game though. My extent of shmups is really just the Mosquito levels in Rayman games and similar Kirby levels, as well as some Twinbee 3D.

I don't think I know anything about Outland. I don't care for the Jak or Ratchet games but Sly 4 is one of my main interests on PS3. I have to say though, Sly 2 is way too open-world for my liking compared to the focused levels and platforming of the original. Are 3 and 4 less open world-y?

Jimmy, was that you who made the Toy Story 2 thread the other day? I'd definitely be interested in a game like that.

Also, I don't suppose Alundra and/or Ape Escape games are on PSN?

Tizoc

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
CDrkGhxUgAAGyMM.png

I wonder what the Mad Max Season Pass will have :V

Li Kao

Lol seeing the Code Realize will be coming to the west title on the PSBlog threw me for a loop. Seriously, guys, seriously, was there really a need to have the same title as an old drpg ?
Not that I care, I'm just amused that someone thought that this title would be particularly good, and then than someone else did too.

RK128

CDrkGhxUgAAGyMM.png

My season pass is the GOTY edition when I pick up Arkam Knight in summer/fall 2016 :D.

Regarding Mad Max though, we have to learn about what the game is even going to have; does it have MP? Is it linear or open world? Those questions need some answering before we guess what a season pass for the game might have.

I'm willing to be that we will get the following:
-Two Story DLC packs
-Mission DLC packs
-Car/Gun Skin packs
-Character DLC for MP

Seems likely considering past WB Season packs.

Tizoc

My season pass is the GOTY edition when I pick up Arkam Knight in summer/fall 2016 :D.

Regarding Mad Max though, we have to learn about what the game is even going to have; does it have MP? Is it linear or open world? Those questions need some answering before we guess what a season pass for the game might have.

I'm willing to be that we will get the following:
-Two Story DLC packs
-Mission DLC packs
-Car/Gun Skin packs
-Character DLC for MP

Seems likely considering past WB Season packs.

I feel like it'll use similar concepts to Shadows of Moredoors.

Dude, Tokyo Jungle ;___; I could never play that. I wish I didn't even know that game existed. Legit tear. Did you even read my nonviolent preference? :'(

Anyway, thanks for the other recs. I really am interested in cute 'em ups so please feel free to recommend any others. I wanted to play Star Parodier on Wii VC as I think that's another one in the subgenre but IIRC it was delisted. I don't think I've ever played a bullet hell game though. My extent of shmups is really just the Mosquito levels in Rayman games and similar Kirby levels, as well as some Twinbee 3D.

I don't think I know anything about Outland. I don't care for the Jak or Ratchet games but Sly 4 is one of my main interests on PS3. I have to say though, Sly 2 is way too open-world for my liking compared to the focused levels and platforming of the original. Are 3 and 4 less open world-y?

Jimmy, was that you who made the Toy Story 2 thread the other day? I'd definitely be interested in a game like that.

Also, I don't suppose Alundra and/or Ape Escape games are on PSN?

Creeperblocks made the thread but the thread made me buy it on PSN. Its a very fun game!

Alundra is up on PSN. Ape escape is not.

SerTapTap

Oh Mad Max is WB? ...I'm so glad Just Cause is Square Enix. Hate this season pass stuff. I think Driveclub and borderlands 1&2 are the only ones I own and don't regret (as for regrets, Destiny...)

Speaking of, apparently Rico's a gruff white dude now. Hope they keep his accent at least.

If you want to try a bullet hell, Gundeadligne has a very forgiving Easy Mode and advanced/intermediate/beginner characters. Easy Mode + beginner character is pretty much a breeze. Technically you're shooting things but it's not really graphically violent...I think it's rated E or possibly teen due to some skimpy outfits.

Or if you want zero buy in but totally not playstation related, you could always play Bullet Heaven, free flash game, very accessible and of good quality too, lots of nice patterns to give you a decent feel of the genre. I think people get unnecessarily scared of bullet hell games, if you try them you get used to them somewhat quickly (but don't think you need to 1CC the game first try or anything). It's a very relaxing, very unique experience once you get into the zone in these games.

For something of the more classic space ships and aliens, no bullet hell, there's Gradius V and several R Type games in the PS1/PS2 classics sections, note the PS2 games have a little bit of input lag, not sure about PS1 games.

Oh, and damn if you missed the PS1 there are a LOT of good JRPGs and horror games in the PS1 classics list. Parasite Eve, Dino Crisis, Silent Hill, Legend of Mana, all them Final Fantasies.

Shouldn't we have PS+ news soon ?

Should be today I believe, unless we have another screwup like march or whatever.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Lol seeing the Code Realize will be coming to the west title on the PSBlog threw me for a loop. Seriously, guys, seriously, was there really a need to have the same title as an old drpg ?
Not that I care, I'm just amused that someone thought that this title would be particularly good, and then than someone else did too.

Thing is no one really is going to make that mistake in Japan. And not a lot of folks are familiar with the Generation Xth series in the West so its a non issue also. Those who are familiar with Exp Inc and their older series knows that the original Generation Xth games never made it onto the consoles.

GENERATION XTH Code-Realize for the Exp Inc game.

Vs. the localized otome VN

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

Code: Realize otome coming to PS Vita in North America this fall on the Vita via Gematsu. I must say it must be nice for fans of otome with so many VNs in the genre coming now, but just speaking for myself here and it might sound a bit selfish since I don't play Otome, I feel kinda left out. It would be nice to see even more VNs making it this way for the Vita, an even larger diversity of genres for everyone.

Why should you feel left out if its for a genre that isnt even targeting you? Since there already is the Danganronpa 1 & 2, Xblaze Code:Embryo / Xblaze Lost: Memories, Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward, upcoming titles such as Steins;Gate and Corpse Party: Blood Drive. There already is / slated a good number of titles as is. The fact that otome VNs are coming out is the diversity that you want with the library. Since its an even more niche market than general audience VNs due to the more focused design for a specific audience.

With that being said, there already are more Visual Novels out now than there has been before. So will just be a matter of waiting to see what else localization companies decide to secure. Due to the amount of text these titles usually contain its quite an investment production wise so its not like they can keep pumping them out at a constant rate for a small market in the West with an even more niche genre. Will be interesting to see what else comes out in the future for the genre in the West though.

Im curious if NISA will attempt to get the Chaos; Head & Chaos; Child series for the Vita since they have a working relationship with Mages 5pb now. Though the Chaos; Head Dual will be has a Z rating in Japan, which means depending on the content Id imagine it would have to be censored for the West.

There is a lot of other content here VN wise, though am sure its hard for companies to decide even more so if there is popular a popular series behind it. Will be nice if the other Steins;Gate titles make their way over too eventually so hope the original game sells well on the Vita / PS3.

I should go look in that VN community thread as am curious if anyone there has any sort of sales numbers information for the titles released in the West.

Code: Realize otome coming to PS Vita in North America this fall on the Vita via Gematsu. I must say it must be nice for fans of otome with so many VNs in the genre coming now, but just speaking for myself here and it might sound a bit selfish since I don't play Otome, I feel kinda left out. It would be nice to see even more VNs making it this way for the Vita, an even larger diversity of genres for everyone.

Well if Sekai Project successfully manages to convince SCEA / SCEE, we will have the wonderful Grisaia Trilogy. The first one got me extremely hooked that it was one of the rare games that I double dipped. Too bad dating VNs usually have a bad rep in the west, so many good games I've read that aren't releasing worldwide.

Tizoc

Oh Mad Max is WB? ...I'm so glad Just Cause is Square Enix. Hate this season pass stuff. I think Driveclub and borderlands 1&2 are the only ones I own and don't regret (as for regrets, Destiny...)

Speaking of, apparently Rico's a gruff white dude now. Hope they keep his accent at least.

JC3 has pre-order bonus, being some kind of exclusive DLC; don't pre-order, gotta buy it separate, and I bet that game is totally gonna have a season pass :p

SerTapTap

JC3 has pre-order bonus, being some kind of exclusive DLC; don't pre-order, gotta buy it separate, and I bet that game is totally gonna have a season pass :p

JC2 didn't have a season pass did it? Just some stupid vehicles and gun stuff. Speaking of, I really hope the shop is overhauled, the shop was the worst part of JC2, ruined the flow. If DLC is just more crap in menus to order I can gleefully ignore it.

Finally me playing every weird game that comes out is paying off. The answer is "no". You can do better than that. Not the worse game but here are better non-violent games for PS3:

• Rochard
  • Super Mega Baseball
  • Spelunky
  • World Gone Sour
  • LUFTRAUSERS
  • Castle of Illusion
  • Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
  • PacMan Championship Edition
  • Elemental Monster Card Game
  • SkyDrift
  • Critter Crunch

Parakeetman

Well if Sekai Project successfully manages to convince SCEA / SCEE, we will have the wonderful Grisaia Trilogy. The first one got me extremely hooked that it was one of the rare games that I double dipped. Too bad dating VNs usually have a bad rep in the west, so many good games I've read that aren't releasing worldwide.

The PSP / PS2 era had a ton of titles too which for the most part all went unlocalized. At least these days its good to see the VN genre getting a lot more attention than before. And the digital download solution helps cut costs for companies that want to attempt releases but did not want to deal with all the extra investment that comes with physical copies.

Even more so on the PC side of things, there is an insane number of titles, just due to the adult nature of part of the content included with said games is a huge barrier for them not being brought over. Which is why its a lot better that we have the "general purpose" ports on the consoles for companies to bring over as its less trouble for them.

Would like to see the Grisaia Trilogy also. Along with the long time series Higurashi.

JC2 didn't have a season pass did it? Just some stupid vehicles and gun stuff. Speaking of, I really hope the shop is overhauled, the shop was the worst part of JC2, ruined the flow. If DLC is just more crap in menus to order I can gleefully ignore it.

We still were free of the season pass stupidity for the most part back then, which has become a cancer on gaming in general now and even started to leak over into the JP dev side. Disgaea 5 being a more recent example 4,000 JPY which costs a good more than half of the goddamned game itself.

SerTapTap

Oh yeah, Critter Crunch is pretty fun, though I couldn't go back to it after it was the biggest casualty to my fat PS3 dying.

Elemental Monster Trading Card Game is actually pretty cool too, though the online is crazy dead, lategame AI is a bit lame too (standard digital TGC trap of "give the AI OP cards") but it's long enough to be a decent single player experience IMO. It's interesting, you only get up to 6 cards (usually less) so battles are very focused and there's a lot less luck involved.

Pac Man Championship Edition is amazing. I don't normally like Pac Man either but this is really fun. Pix The Cat as well but I don't think that's PS3.

I noticed that Grisaia has quite a few followers, and that there's an anime going on now for it. Should I give it a chance?

Parakeetman

I noticed that Grisaia has quite a few followers, and that there's an anime going on now for it. Should I give it a chance?

It would be more suggested to watch the original series which has already finished first before watching the current series which is going on now. Since that way you at least have a background on all of the characters that appear in the second season. Otherwise you are just getting the story of the main male protagonist. Where as the first series talks about all of the other main female characters in the series.

Top Bottom