• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

It would be more suggested to watch the original series which has already finished first before watching the current series which is going on now. Since that way you at least have a background on all of the characters that appear in the second season. Otherwise you are just getting the story of the main male protagonist. Where as the first series talks about all of the other main female characters in the series.
Yes that is what I meant, there are two seasons, so I wanted to know if those 2 (plus the OVA?) are good watches or not

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yes that is what I meant, there are two seasons, so I wanted to know if those 2 (plus the OVA?) are good watches or not

The character development is good though the issue is the first season was squeezed into 13 eps I think it was so a lot of fans said that it was unfortunate as some parts felt rushed due to that. But the series itself I thought was decent and the characters are interesting enough.

Its worth checking out if you are interested in the series, since should give you a good look at what the series and setting is all about in the event if the VN gets localized for the Vita.

The character development is good though the issue is the first season was squeezed into 13 eps I think it was so a lot of fans said that it was unfortunate as some parts felt rushed due to that. But the series itself I thought was decent and the characters are interesting enough.

Its worth checking out if you are interested in the series, since should give you a good look at what the series and setting is all about in the event if the VN gets localized for the Vita.
Sold. Now that I have 2 weeks to kill until I go back for my next semester I'm burning through entertainment aha.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Sold. Now that I have 2 weeks to kill until I go back for my next semester I'm burning through entertainment aha.

Thankfully since its just 13 eps should be easy to binge watch. From there should get you more interested in watching the second season which should have more than 3? eps out after you get done with it lol.

From what I have read the VNs are far superior to the anime content wise so if it does get localized am sure the anime fans will be quite happy. The three titles that came out on the Vita seemed to have been rated fairly well too. There is a 4th one on the way also it seems but didnt look up info on that past seeing it on amazon for preorder for June though seems to be one of those more fan focused side story things rather than like a mainline title I think?

Golden week sale should start today or next week?

they tend to not do big sales the Tuesday that the PS+ games drop because, well, why would you try to sell people something on the day they're getting several games for free?

So i imagine that they will do it either this week or the week after next, if at all

Thankfully since its just 13 eps should be easy to binge watch. From there should get you more interested in watching the second season which should have more than 3? eps out after you get done with it lol.
It's doable in a day or two the . Probably a bit longer due to me catching up on other shows that I have missed, plus the obvious Xenoblade night sessions aha.

Would like to see the Grisaia Trilogy also. Along with the long time series Higurashi.
Several PSP VNs now has some fan translations but I ain't getting them for now until I can get a copy. "downloading" it just for emulation won't cater to my collection itch. If even Touhou games can get localized, Higurashi could too.
I noticed that Grisaia has quite a few followers, and that there's an anime going on now for it. Should I give it a chance?
I haven't watched the anime series since the legal streams aren't available in my country. One of the main things I enjoy with the first game is the monologue of the male protagonist which I heard is not in the anime. Check the first season of the anime first so you can have a brief glimpse of the story.

Ventara

Maybe it's just me, but from the VNs we get, it feels like we get a lot of otome games. I would've though galge games would be more popular.

Still no news on a Steins;Gate LE for NA either, huh?

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-el-psy-kongroo-edition-ps-vita
£49.99, holy shit. Importing the UK version to Canada is going to cost me an arm and a leg.

I usually prefer digital for Vita, but visual novels are an exception.

Yeah, it's pretty pricey, especially considering our weak dollar. It's a good thing it's free shipping. If you really want the LE, I'd recommend putting in a preorder. You don't want it to sell out only to find out there's no NA LE.

antibolo

Banned
Yeah, it's pretty pricey, especially considering our weak dollar. It's a good thing it's free shipping. If you really want the LE, I'd recommend putting in a preorder. You don't want it to sell out only to find out there's no NA LE.

Yeah I should, but do they take cancellations?

In any case it's pretty cool of them to ship free to the entire WOLD!!

hDZGgIE.png

Tizoc

So what little I played of Broken Age Act 2...was nice.
I mean I liked it, and I liked Act 1 despite how short it was. Art and animation was great, will be neat if the Vita ver. cna match the PC performance though the game isn't all that of a resource hog :p

I noticed that Grisaia has quite a few followers, and that there's an anime going on now for it. Should I give it a chance?

Everyone likes different things, but I like anime for the plot
(or comedic fanservice)
and it seemed like the first season's plot was either haphazardly adapted or just bad to begin with. I got about 10 episodes in and dropped it due to not caring about a single thing that had happened or any of the characters, and was left in the aftermath wondering why I had even watched that much with no real hook.

Tizoc

^Meh, last time they sad they had a sale, they ended up mistiming it and having it go up a day later >=/

EU PSN, sorry. For some reason we're updating before US this week :D

WHAT WITCHCRAFT IS THIS?!
EU PSN GAF, HURRY HURRY HURRY, IT MUST BE A PRICE MISTAKE! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wow, the EU store updates have been getting earlier as sometimes content will be up on the store at like 8am but now it's gotten so early we're getting stuff the day before!

Broken Age bought, even though I Kickstarted it too.

I'm expecting weird looks, but I'm hoping for a (good) sale on the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip. I know it's not supposed to be amazing but I'd like to check it out anyway.

jzbluz

I don't even know what I would buy from Golden Week since I have pretty much everything I want already, and I haven't even played most of what I have.

Maybe it's just me, but from the VNs we get, it feels like we get a lot of otome games. I would've though galge games would be more popular.

It's filling a niche that isn't serviced that often since there aren't that many otome games in the PC, while there are tons of galge games in PC. Plus, otome has a bigger presence on the vita than galge. There will probably be more galge games in the future for vita anyway, but for now PC is the way to go for those games.

£14 for Broken Age, think I may bite. That's more expensive than I thought it would end up being, even with the PS+ discount, but it won't be that cheap again for the while.

autoduelist

i wish we got the old pc rpg and drpg ports too. seems like it would be an easy source of revenue, especially for ones already ported to mobile but even for onew that arent... so much of the hard work of designing a game already done, and not everything needs to be remastered. older wizardys on vita? yes please. might n magc, bards tales..... id think they would be relatively easy port and ultimately quite profitable. i mean,the ones thatgo up on mobile seem to do quite well an vita has a demographic tailor made for them. i own the vast majority on pc but would double or triple dip instantly.

re ps3 games that rare nonviolent but good.. depends on your definition of violence but check out...

everyday shooter
the last man ... i think thisis the name...

critter crunch
shatter
novastrike

Shizuka

i wish we got the old pc rpg and drpg ports too. seems like it would be an easy source of revenue, especially for ones already ported to mobile but even for onew that arent... so much of the hard work of designing a game already done, and not everything needs to be remastered. older wizardys on vita? yes please. might n magc, bards tales..... id think they would be relatively easy port and ultimately quite profitable. i mean,the ones thatgo up on mobile seem to do quite well an vita has a demographic tailor made for them. i own the vast majority on pc but would double or triple dip instantly.

What I'd do for the Wizardry PS3 games... LoLS was the game that introduced me to DRPGs.

Li Kao

amazon.fr lists it for May 26th? All the UK sites have it for May 22nd.

Oh god, sorry for the typo :X
Yup, May 26 !

2015 is the year of visual novels for the Vita and I'm getting all of them. Come at me, Steins;Gate!

Speaking of VN, was code embryo really that bad ? I don't know why it tempts me, maybe I'm more interested by the underdogs than the elephants in the room that are Danganronpa etc. (not saying I don't really want to play them).
Speaking of VN again, I would like to thank the posters that showed the Vita theme of Higurashi. It's not like we will finally have a cool version on steam and you seemingly spoiled the hell out of it (to be clear, I'm sad, not getting my pitchfork, spoils happen).

What I'd do for the Wizardry PS3 games... LoLS was the game that introduced me to DRPGs.

Parakeetman alert ! I read recently that Tales of the Forsaken Land was quite bad. Or maybe a failed attempt at doing too much. Do you confirm ? It would be sad as it's not like there are tons of Wizardry localized.

TOTP - Go wild on the Golden Week sale !

Edit - May 26, I'm stupid.
2 days before my birthday... Maybe it's a sign. I watched this so long ago that I don't even remember the plot all that well, other than it was amazing. I remember watching Danganronpa (which was shit, not comparing the quality of the Steins Gate anime to it BTW) and playing the game a few months after, and I still had a great time. Can't imagine it being any different with this, specially since I watched the anime a few years ago.

Top Bottom