• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

antibolo

Banned
Oh Arcana Heart LOVE MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is $10. I guess I'll buy the PS3 version and get rid of my physical copy of the godawful near-unplayable Vita version.

My first world problem:

If I subscribe to plus for this month, I can't get Dragon's Crown since I redeemed it when it was free. Now if I don't Demon's Gaze won't fit in my budget.
The loading times are somehow twice as worse as BlazBlue.

Arc System Works clearly did not give a fuck when they did this port.
But is the gameplay unaffected? I can tolerate long load times. Wipeout Vita prepared me for those.

Hikami

Who's feeling lucky?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1021270.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hikami, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
3bfd878ed7.jpg

1hFaqwB.png
'' $10 (PSN) -- MB-D0E9E4E39318889A - Taken by Kudo. 28 entrants total.
1hFaqwB.png
' $10 (PSN) -- MB-B3C6EC7283D5E1CD - Taken by Benedict. 21 entrants total.

t1430338253z1.png
You can enter for both, but can only win one
edit; forgot to mention it's for the US

SerTapTap

My first world problem:

If I subscribe to plus for this month, I can't get Dragon's Crown since I redeemed it when it was free. Now if I don't Demon's Gaze won't fit in my budget.

Can you buy DC first, sub, buy Demon's Gaze or is that just barely over your budget? It's just 10% extra with plus, right?

Guys, Ar nosurge(PS3) is pretty cool.

It's not amazing but it's a game that I think more people should check out, it's 20 bucks right now, it has a great battle system and great OST, so I recommend it.

I might buy Demon Gaze again, even if I'll never finish it.

Really good sale here. Not picking up anything myself, since I already own all of the highlights on the list.

People, BUY DEMON GAZE. $12 for one of the best DRPGs that you can play on your Vita.

antibolo

Banned
But is the gameplay unaffected? I can tolerate long load times. Wipeout Vita prepared me for those.

Wipeout 2048 only has long loading times when going from the main UI to a race. You get used to it pretty quick. You can do something else while it loads.

Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! has significant loading times on every single goddamn fucking screen change. It takes forever to do anything with the game.

Who's feeling lucky?

You can enter for both, but can only win one

You should specify the country. I'm going to guess this is US but still, people need to know this is country-specific.

SerTapTap

If I already have a physical game + save, will the digital version pick up that one's save file? I recall the PS3 being really weird about this

bobohoro

What the...this thread never moved so fast in months. It's scary, somebody hold me!

I still have literally no idea what Steins;Gate is even about (and I'd like to keep it that way until the game is out). Somehow I managed to miss everything about it all this time. Quite excited

You're in for a great ride. I'm looking forward to all the discussion in the OT with you folks, will be fun.

And I'd be ready for a pretty nice sale in the EU too, come on SCEE.

Benedict

What are the chances of there being a Golden sale on EU PSN?
Never had one before as I recall it... So many Vita games on sale that I want (on my EU account).

Too bad Xillia 2 is not on sale.

autoduelist

Thing is the West does not seem to give a general shit about the Wizardry series let alone the older ones. Which is odd considering its a Western series to begin with. Its weird since we get "reboots" of other series, but wizardry in general seems to be left forgotten. Id imagine part of the issue too is the rights holder and such. :/

Yeah I'm talking about the first eight, basically. I know the franchise and genre were dead for ages in the west, but recent hits like might n magic x legacy might revive the genre. All that started with grim rock, obviously, though that's a slightly different genre (not turn based).

I am thankful grimrock was such a hit.

I am very very hopeful the success the genre saw in 2014 in the west, from mmxl to grimrock 2 to shadow run to demon gaze will cause a general resurgence and that will in turn se some of it on vita

Kudo

Entered the raffle, thanks for the chance Hikami!

I guess I should look Arcana Heart Love Maxxx for PS3 then, I got it for PS Vita but haven't yet played it.. Didn't know it had load time problems.
Lots of great games in sale, maybe time to pick up Catherine now, SK Bon Apetit looks delicious too, problem is though my Vita SD is full.
Decisions, decisions..

maxcriden

Creeperblocks made the thread but the thread made me buy it on PSN. Its a very fun game!

Alundra is up on PSN. Ape escape is not.

If you want to try a bullet hell, Gundeadligne has a very forgiving Easy Mode and advanced/intermediate/beginner characters. Easy Mode + beginner character is pretty much a breeze. Technically you're shooting things but it's not really graphically violent...I think it's rated E or possibly teen due to some skimpy outfits.

Or if you want zero buy in but totally not playstation related, you could always play Bullet Heaven, free flash game, very accessible and of good quality too, lots of nice patterns to give you a decent feel of the genre. I think people get unnecessarily scared of bullet hell games, if you try them you get used to them somewhat quickly (but don't think you need to 1CC the game first try or anything). It's a very relaxing, very unique experience once you get into the zone in these games.

For something of the more classic space ships and aliens, no bullet hell, there's Gradius V and several R Type games in the PS1/PS2 classics sections, note the PS2 games have a little bit of input lag, not sure about PS1 games.

Oh, and damn if you missed the PS1 there are a LOT of good JRPGs and horror games in the PS1 classics list. Parasite Eve, Dino Crisis, Silent Hill, Legend of Mana, all them Final Fantasies.

Oh yeah, Critter Crunch is pretty fun, though I couldn't go back to it after it was the biggest casualty to my fat PS3 dying.

Elemental Monster Trading Card Game is actually pretty cool too, though the online is crazy dead, lategame AI is a bit lame too (standard digital TGC trap of "give the AI OP cards") but it's long enough to be a decent single player experience IMO. It's interesting, you only get up to 6 cards (usually less) so battles are very focused and there's a lot less luck involved.

Pac Man Championship Edition is amazing. I don't normally like Pac Man either but this is really fun. Pix The Cat as well but I don't think that's PS3.

Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate it!

Finally me playing every weird game that comes out is paying off. The answer is "no". You can do better than that. Not the worse game but here are better non-violent games for PS3:

• Rochard
  • Super Mega Baseball
  • Spelunky
  • World Gone Sour
  • LUFTRAUSERS
  • Castle of Illusion
  • Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
  • PacMan Championship Edition
  • Elemental Monster Card Game
  • SkyDrift
  • Critter Crunch

The answer is no to which part? :) Thanks for the recs. Definitely interested Castle of Illusion. (So are these your faves?)

Holy shit this sale. Oh my god.
Guys I need your opinions.

Heres my list:
Legend of Korra PS4
MGS PW
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
DJ Max Portable 3

I already own physical for MGS and DJ Max but...thats no good on vita.

Senran any good? I remember liking the look of the game.

Legend Of korra - did people say it was as bad as reviews made it seem? Im just a casual Avatar Fan but LOVE platinum games. Worth it?

SerTapTap

Do I need to care about

Se ran jaguar
Senran kagura
Htolniq
Fantasy hero
End of serenity

SK Shinovi Versus is pretty good, decent humor, decent selection of clothes for dress up, combat is good dumb fun (musou but without the map management/allies/strategy elements, more or less, more of a 3D brawler). Don't bother with the cooking/rhythm game, it's only for big fans of the series. Game looks decent for Vita but it's hard to go back after Estival Versus on PS4...so pretty.

Firefly Diary is an interesting but potentially frustrating puzzle game, really lovely art. If you like the likes of Murasaki Baby you'll probably like it. It's designed for touch stuff (but has an analog mode) if that's a turn off. I still need to beat it myself. Bought it because it's cute, no regrets.

antibolo

Banned
Now that we know how glorious Estival Versus PS4 is, I wouldn't bother getting Shinovi Versus. Unless you REALLY want to experience the full story.

Nudull

Banned
Okay, right now, it's looking like:

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
Yggdra Union
Class of Heroes
Knights in the Nightmare
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Project Diva F 2nd (if I have the money)
Battle Princess of Arcadias (if I have the money)

Anything to add/avoid?

Shizuka

Yggdra Union
Class of Heroes
Knights in the Nightmare

Anything to add/avoid?

Victory is getting a Vita port in a few months, if you're into it.

Nudull

Banned
Victory is getting a Vita port in a few months, if you're into it.

I've been wanting to play the sequels for a while now. I had the first one, and while I liked a lot of it, the battle system was pretty insufferable and it ended up turning me off from the series for a while. I most likely will get the Vita ports, but part of me wouldn't mind checking out Victory on PS3.

SerTapTap

Yggdra Union
Class of Heroes
Knights in the Nightmare

Anything to add/avoid?

Just know what you're getting into with Yggdra--tons of missables. Like every goddamn map. Impossible to find everything without a guide. Either play with a guide or just know that you'll miss stuff and make peace with it. Fun game, though the second(?) Gulcasa fight was pretty rough. I still need to beat it the game, I quit again after finally surmounting that fight. It does some cool stuff though.

Also ToS 2 is crap IMO, but it's barely any cheaper to get just ToS so go for it I guess. It's a bare-minimum remaster but a great game.

Now that we know how glorious Estival Versus PS4 is, I wouldn't bother getting Shinovi Versus. Unless you REALLY want to experience the full story.

SV is still a very good way to get acquainted with the characters (and neither SK Burst or SK2 work for half the cast), though I guess you could read up on everyone beforehand.

I've been wanting to play the sequels for a while now. I had the first one, and while I liked a lot of it, the battle system was pretty insufferable and it ended up turning me off from the series for a while. I most likely will get the Vita ports, but part of me wouldn't mind checking out Victory on PS3.

Victory is where the battle system started getting good. For $7 why not IMO. Story of the prior games isn't all that relevant. Rebirth 3 should have assorted improvements, mostly more characters I think, but you could start with Victory and be totally fine.

But how long until that comes out? Next year?

Unless you're willing to import yeah it's going to be a while, after SK2 at the earliest I'd say. Add a few months at the least.
It's pretty import friendly, but you miss almost all of the story and a lot of the humor.

Sondar

they are being sold at very reasonable/affordable prices where I'm at ><
I really hope no one gets me to help them (buy it and ship it to them) and end up reselling it...
- I would be quite annoyed to say the least

CORRECTION: I would be VERY annoyed if it's a fellow GAFfer

My Oreshika Limited Edition English Version is staying put on my gaming shelf. No way I'd sell that beauty. :)

Top Bottom