• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Man God

Non-Canon Member
CoH 1 is a bigger mess than Demon Gaze.

CoH 2 is more pleasantly complex with more interesting ideas than either of the other two.

Yasumi

Banned
Maximum female anime face.
17120147589_11d1981fec_o.jpg

Massa

I actually bought enough stuff where I still saved a boatload buying a month worth of PS+. I feel dirty but not as bad as I would have spending that extra cash. Too bad this month's plus games are rubbish. Also now my list is clogged the hell up from the previous times I had it.

Hey, if you bought a month you'll get May's games too.

Reset

So I decided to pick up Demon Gaze. Now I'm deciding whether I should pick up Conception as well. Is it any good? I need some Jrpgs to play on my Vita lol

jvm

Gamasutra.
From Store updated post:
PS3 Star Wars: Dark Forces $1.50 $5.99
Everyone knows that Dark Forces has problems in the emulation sometimes, right?

The only way I could get it to work on my PS3 was to reboot the PS3 and immediately run Dark Forces. If you did anything else, the controls did nothing and you couldn't play.

Just making sure y'all know.

antibolo

Banned
Can't believe we finally got the Freedom Wars themes.

Of course most people will never notice them since they're buried under all the stupid garbage themes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I decided to pick up Demon Gaze. Now I'm deciding whether I should pick up Conception as well. Is it any good? I need some Jrpgs to play on my Vita lol

Conception is honestly not worth paying even a dollar for. The game itself is just boring, most of the humor that comes from a game that revolves around having star children just falls flat.

Khronico

From Store updated post:

The only way I could get it to work on my PS3 was to reboot the PS3 and immediately run Dark Forces. If you did anything else, the controls did nothing and you couldn't play.

It also has framerate issues iirc, but I think that's a problem with the game itself.

Still an awesome game, but beware of the issues.

-

Got myself Demon Gaze, Class of Heroes 2, and Elite Squadron. Haven't been playing much vita lately but I'm excited to get back into it.

Conception II is awful. I would never recommend it to people.

Can't believe we finally got the Freedom Wars themes.

Of course most people will never notice them since they're buried under all the stupid garbage themes.

Thanks for the heads up! Will go look for them now.

Yasumi

Banned
Wish me luck guys
Nep PP seems okay so far. As long as you know what you're getting into, you won't be too disappointed.

Can't help you on T&E, but GAF does tend to hyperbolize the awfulness of certain games *coughMindZerocough*, so you may be able to wring some fun out of it.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I'd say DG is a bit more accessible overall, at least from character creation and early game? But I don't see a reason to not have them both.

I rarely burn out on the genre though. I'm more likely to burn out during character creation than I am once I get rolling, and DG has fairly straightforward character generation.

That said, I'd never suggest playing one 'for a bit' till something else comes in... for me, at least, it's all or nothing... go in to win, because if you set it aside the odds of coming back are slim. But i'm like that with all games.

To be honest, I have never seen Class of Heroes 2 on sale before. COH1 yes, but I believe COH2 is on sale for the first time, so I am throwing caution to the wind and buying the game.

From Store updated post:

I played it on Vita recently and didn't have problems.

Yasumi

Banned
I've heard that the gamelay in conception aint so hot.
Gameplay's honestly decent, it's everything wrapping it that's not so great.

You're pretty much thrown into a "only you can save the world" scenario as soon as you start (with obvious implications of what's going to happen later), your character is literally called God's Gift, and you're immediately surrounded by girls. It feels like it's trying really hard to make you feel good about yourself.

After that, you're tossed into a dungeon, sentai-change into a spandex suit, and nobody comments on the weird, otherworldly shit happening in the golden disco dungeon.

It just feels predictable and unfulfilling.

Khronico

Oh gosh Bounty Hunter PS2 Classic?

Oh man.

I'm scared to go back to Bounty Hunter, I loved it back in the day and scared it probably hasn't aged well.

RK128

Is there a Star Wars PSP game that doesn't work on Vita ? I'm planning on buying stuff

I'm honestly not sure, as while Battlefront II wasn't natively compatible with Vita, you can transfer it to Vita thanks to PS3 to Vita transfer.

The reason I am a bit confused about this is that the Star Wars bundle can be bought from the Vita PSN Store....even though a number of games in that bundle require the PS3 to work on Vita or don't work at all (at least one of the Battlefronts isn't compatible with Vita).

My guess is that Sony is either changing it (so the Star Wars PSP games work on Vita; promotion for Episode VII this fall I guess) or that Sony is adding more games to the compatibility list on the Vita (which is fantastic news :D!).

Wait, what?

It's Vita compatible???

I think the game isn't, but thanks to that PSN Glitch a while back, he was able to get the game on his Vita like how many of us did to put Twisted Metal Head On, Motorstrom Arctic Edge and the Crash/Spryo PS1 tittles on our Vita.

Or the game is transferable to the Vita through the PS3 to Vita Transfer :l. Either way, the game works on Vita, but I honestly have no idea how sadly :(.

Hikami

sale damage report:

Had my cart at like $90 at first, a lot of stuff I want from this sale but I needed to cut down. Tried to go with stuff mostly $10 and under, the rest can wait.

Now which game do I try first..

RK128

I know I asked this before, so sorry if this sounds repetitive, but what are some good games to get from this sale?

I already own Neptunia Rebirth 1, Maramusa, and I just got Demon Gaze from the sale, so I am at a bit of a loss deciding what other game to get next :l.

The Firefly Diary might be the game I get with my remaining 12 bucks, but I would appreciate if anyone can give me some insight on the following games:
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed PSP
-Conception II
-DJMAX Portable 3
-Toukiden: The Age of Demons

If anyone can help me with this, that would be really cool of them :D.

RK128

sale damage report:

Had my cart at like $90 at first, a lot of stuff I want from this sale but I needed to cut down. Tried to go with stuff mostly $10 and under, the rest can wait.

Now which game do I try first..

That is a great list of games man :D! Really liked the demo of Persona 4 Arena, so I recommend you start with that one :). Didn't play Tales of Graces f, but as it is an action JRPG, it should be really jump right into.

Yasumi

Banned
I know I asked this before, so sorry if this sounds repetitive, but what are some good games to get from this sale?

I already own Neptunia Rebirth 1, Maramusa, and I just got Demon Gaze from the sale, so I am at a bit of a loss deciding what other game to get next :l.

The Firefly Diary might be the game I get with my remaining 12 bucks, but I would appreciate if anyone can give me some insight on the following games:
-Conception II
-DJMAX Portable 3

As a totally impartial individual, Firefly Diary + one of the Atlus PSP games would be my suggestion.

- Never played it, but I remember the FU games being regarded as kind of meh
- See my Conception 2 description up above
- DJ Max Portable 3 is good, but holy shit the grind to unlock anything is ridiculous
- Kiwami just came out. Wait for that to go on sale.

I'm honestly not sure, as while Battlefront II wasn't natively compatible with Vita, you can transfer it to Vita thanks to PS3 to Vita transfer.

The reason I am a bit confused about this is that the Star Wars bundle can be bought from the Vita PSN Store....even though a number of games in that bundle require the PS3 to work on Vita or don't work at all (at least one of the Battlefronts isn't compatible with Vita).

My guess is that Sony is either changing it (so the Star Wars PSP games work on Vita; promotion for Episode VII this fall I guess) or that Sony is adding more games to the compatibility list on the Vita (which is fantastic news :D!).

Which Battlefront isn't ? I already have Battlefront II.

Also, MGS: PO still doesn't work on Vita ?

Shizuka

Well that explains all , should I buy this game? I have 30 bucks. And even when I have a ps3 and I'm new with it( its been a few months since the purchase) I still prefer to buy vita titles first.

You should, it's a quality original Vita RPG.

-Conception II
-DJMAX Portable 3

I'd take out Conception II and Toukiden: Age of Demons. Conception II because it has already been on sale multiple times so might as well get something that rarely goes on sale. Toukiden: AoD because the story is already in Kiwami, online would probably be dead too. Though if the AI is as good as Kiwami then playing online wouldn't really be necessary.

RK128

Which Battlefront isn't ? I already have Battlefront II.

Also, MGS: PO still doesn't work on Vita ?

I'm not sure which one it is, but Battlefront II works through PS3 to Vita transfer.

Sadly, MGS:pO still doesn't work on Vita :(. If it did work, I'm sure that would of been mentioned in one of the Metal Gear threads on here; many love that game so that working on Vita would be great news :D. Peace Walker still works though :).

Hikami

That is a great list of games man :D! Really liked the demo of Persona 4 Arena, so I recommend you start with that one :). Didn't play Tales of Graces f, but as it is an action JRPG, it should be really jump right into.

I rented P4A when I still had a 360 so yeah, think I'll definitely want to go through the story mode of that one first.
hm.. was Marie in this one? Or was that Ultimax..
Tales of Graces f probably won't touch for a while.. Trying to finish Tales of the Abyss at the moment, haha.

I rented P4A when I still had a 360 so yeah, think I'll definitely want to go through the story mode of that one first.
hm.. was Marie in this one? Or was that Ultimax..
Tales of Graces f probably won't touch for a while.. Trying to finish Tales of the Abyss at the moment, haha.

Marie is in Ultimax.
She was DLC, so I snagged her during the free period even though I don't have the game >.>

RK128

As a totally impartial individual, Firefly Diary + one of the Atlus PSP games would be my suggestion.

- Never played it, but I remember the FU games being regarded as kind of meh
- See my Conception 2 description up above
- DJ Max Portable 3 is good, but holy shit the grind to unlock anything is ridiculous
- Kiwami just came out. Wait for that to go on sale.

Thank you for the advice Yasumi :D. Going to get Firefly Diary and one of the Atlus games then.

Speaking of the Atlus games though, which one is a good pick? As Atlus almost always makes great games, I'm sure anyone of them would be a great buy....but the only games I know of them are the Persona, SMT and Catherin, so I'm not sure which of their PSP games to pick up.

I do know that Class of Heroes is a lot like Demon Gaze, as both are DRPG's (...I think at least).

Edit: Made a mistake; missing 50 cents so I can't get an extra Atlus game :l. Gotta love how you can't add a dollar to PSN man XD. Thank you for your help for Firefly Diary though Yasumi :).

I'm not sure which one it is, but Battlefront II works through PS3 to Vita transfer.

Sadly, MGS:pO still doesn't work on Vita :(. If it did work, I'm sure that would of been mentioned in one of the Metal Gear threads on here; many love that game so that working on Vita would be great news :D. Peace Walker still works though :).

Looks like PO on EU does work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pPCO1NpIvM D:

Renegade Squadron is the one that doesn't. Sadly. Elite Squadron does work.

Top Bottom