• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Shizuka

I own a physical copy. :>

kyoko_thumbs_up.gif

SerTapTap

XSEED still hasn't announced it yet, much less given us a date, but we know it's coming for sure, the trophies are already localized on PSN.

I think the trophies might just actually be in english, or are they Japanese on a Japanese account? Was still pretty surprised to see that. They're properly translated too, unlike the Engrish on the Overview page for the game.

antibolo

Banned
I think the trophies might just actually be in english, or are they Japanese on a Japanese account? Was still pretty surprised to see that. They're properly translated too, unlike the Engrish on the Overview page for the game.

It tries to use your account's language whenever available.

My F 2nd trophies magically turned to English around two months prior to the NA/Europe release.

Just know what you're getting into with Yggdra--tons of missables. Like every goddamn map. Impossible to find everything without a guide. Either play with a guide or just know that you'll miss stuff and make peace with it. Fun game, though the second(?) Gulcasa fight was pretty rough. I still need to beat it the game, I quit again after finally surmounting that fight. It does some cool stuff though.

Also ToS 2 is crap IMO, but it's barely any cheaper to get just ToS so go for it I guess. It's a bare-minimum remaster but a great game.

SV is still a very good way to get acquainted with the characters (and neither SK Burst or SK2 work for half the cast), though I guess you could read up on everyone beforehand.

Victory is where the battle system started getting good. For $7 why not IMO. Story of the prior games isn't all that relevant. Rebirth 3 should have assorted improvements, mostly more characters I think, but you could start with Victory and be totally fine.

Unless you're willing to import yeah it's going to be a while, after SK2 at the earliest I'd say. Add a few months at the least.
It's pretty import friendly, but you miss almost all of the story and a lot of the humor.

So what youre saying is get Shinovi. Got it.

SerTapTap

It tries to use your account's language whenever available.

My F 2nd trophies magically turned to English around two months prior to the NA/Europe release.

I'll try and run the game with my JP account and see what it does. I just figured they did make them in english since it's common in Japan and they would have to localize eventually anyway.

So what youre saying is get Shinovi. Got it.

Pretty much...if nothing else it will be very hard to go back and play it after Estival but Shinovi is quite fun on it's own. Plays great on PS TV too (I think you might need a USB/bluetooth mic to actually get the plat on PS TV though?).

Hikami

So.. Atelier Escha & Logy. Should I get it on sale right now or wait for the plus version on the Vita? (What does the Vita version even add?)

SerTapTap

Just don't look at any of the glorious 1080p/60fps footage of EV PS4 on YouTube, or you'll regret not having waited for it.

Nah, if anything I'm glad I played Shinovi first. It's not like they're the exact same game. I envy people who were able to play Zelda 1 before Link To The Past because..damn son.

yaffi

I guess I'm going to limit myself to games that are less than $10.

Or are there any games I need to buy regardless?

I'll try and run the game with my JP account and see what it does. I just figured they did make them in english since it's common in Japan and they would have to localize eventually anyway.

Pretty much...if nothing else it will be very hard to go back and play it after Estival but Shinovi is quite fun on it's own. Plays great on PS TV too (I think you might need a USB/bluetooth mic to actually get the plat on PS TV though?).

Just don't look at any of the glorious 1080p/60fps footage of EV PS4 on YouTube, or you'll regret not having waited for it.

Ive actually already seen footage from JPN streamers way back before it was banned. It looked awesome, its what got my interested in versus actually.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Updating my list:

Japanese games with retail releases (english subtitles):

- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Europe, Asia);
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Asia);
- Soul Sacrifice Delta (Asia);
- Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (Asia);
- New Little King's Story (Europe, Asia);
- Dokuro (Asia, Japan);
- Moe Chronicle (Asia);
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Asia);
- Steins;Gate (Europe);
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD (Asia);
- Orgarhythm (Asia, Japan);
- J-Stars Victory+ (Europe, Asia);
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Europe).
- Blazblue Chronophantasma (US)
- Conception II (US)
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (US)
- Mind Zero (US)
- Muramasa Rebirth (US)
- Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (US)
- Valhalla Knights 3 (US)

image.php

quabba

Already got so I've got a few things in my cart but there's a few more I'm not sure of.

In cart
Demon Gaze $12
Gurumin $2.50 (if I don't get it now toto ghost will haunt me forever)
suikoden 2 $4

Tempted to get
Demons Souls $5 - I'm currently playing and enjoying bloodborne but don't know how f I can go back to ps3
Catherine $5 - interested because i like persona but don't know much about this
metal gear ground zero ps4 - $8

Any opinions?

Shizuka

Already got so I've got a few things in my cart but there's a few more I'm not sure of.

In cart
Demon Gaze $12
Gurumin $2.50 (if I don't get it now toto ghost will haunt me forever)
suikoden 2 $4

Tempted to get
Demons Souls $5 - I'm currently playing and enjoying bloodborne but don't know how f I can go back to ps3
Catherine $5 - interested because i like persona but don't know much about this
metal gear ground zero ps4 - $8

Any opinions?

Catherine is a great game, the story and the gameplay are both top-notch. For $5, it's a steal.

Li Kao

Hmm, I still have the original games somewhere, do you guys think Metal Gear HD Collection is worth it ? I heard there are some technical imperfections in the port so...

RK128

Just got back home from college and man at that Golden Week sale :D! Tons of fantastic games at really good prices :'). Glad I held off getting Broken Age to get a few of the games :).

I plan on putting 20 bucks into PSN (already have 4.12 in my PSN account), so I am wondering what games I should pick up :l. This game is one I am getting for sure:
-Demon Gaze

Heard great things about this one and it sounds like a good introduction into the DRPG genre :).

The thing is, I'm not sure about these games:
-Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2
-DJMAX Portable 2
-Toukiden: Age of Demons
-Any of the PSP Star Wars games
-Neptuina Victory

All of these look like lots of fun :D....but I can only put 20 bucks into PSN, leaving only 24.12$ for games :(. That is a lot, as I can get to great games :D....I just don't know what other game to get alongside Demons Gaze :l.

Any advice would be great and I hope you all get a lot for this Golden Sale :D!

Nudull

Banned
Would any of you recommend Senran Kagura? There's been so much controversy and back-and-forth about it, but the curiosity is strong. ;_;

Catherine is a great game, the story and the gameplay are both top-notch. For $5, it's a steal.

Definitely agree. Owned it physically, and it's one of my favorite puzzle games ever. :)

RK128

Would any of you recommend Senran Kagura? There's been so much controversy and back-and-forth about it, but the curiosity is strong. ;_;

Definitely agree. Owned it physically, and it's one of my favorite puzzle games ever. :)

While I would never pick it up (I would honestly feel a bit ashamed to play it :'(; the games.....assets really make feel odd playing it, the same reason I would never play the Dead or Alive series), the core game looks to be a really fun beat-em-up :D. Lots of characters to play as, what looks to be a great combat system, and some great visuals that pop out of the screen (the game is so colorful and the levels look to be really detailed :D).

If you can get past/enjoy the games.....themes, then you will have a good time with it :).

Producer

So.. Atelier Escha & Logy. Should I get it on sale right now or wait for the plus version on the Vita? (What does the Vita version even add?)

It adds costumes, the DLC from PS3 already included, some new events and monsters i think?

The base game is already good and for $15 its a great price imo. Though up to you whether you want to wait for the vita version to be localized.

Hikami

It adds costumes, the DLC from PS3 already included, some new events and monsters i think?

The base game is already good and for $15 its a great price imo. Though up to you whether you want to wait for the vita version to be localized.

Hm, I can live without those extras. Will be sure to pick up the PS3 version then while it's on sale.

Shizuka

anyone here played class of heroes 2? would you recommend it if I am already getting Demon Gaze?

Two DRPGs at the same time is a rough path. I don't think we're getting Class of Heroes 2 for that price again anytime soon, but I don't think it'd be a wise choice to play those games back to back.

Nudull

Banned
While I would never pick it up (I would honestly feel a bit ashamed to play it :'(; the games.....assets really make feel odd playing it, the same reason I would never play the Dead or Alive series), the core game looks to be a really fun beat-em-up :D. Lots of characters to play as, what looks to be a great combat system, and some great visuals that pop out of the screen (the game is so colorful and the levels look to be really detailed :D).

If you can get past/enjoy the games.....themes, then you will have a good time with it :).

I understand both sides of the argument, and I feel I should at the least try one of them to see where I ultimately stand.

Two DRPGs at the same time is a rough path. I don't think we're getting Class of Heroes 2 for that price again anytime soon, but I don't think it'd be a wise choice to play those games back to back.

If I do get Class of Heroes, should I play it a bit while I'm waiting for Demon Gaze and see if I like it as a DRPG?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hmm, to go over my spending limit for SV or risk that it goes lower for a likely pre SK2 sale.

Class of Heroes 2 > Demon Gaze >>>>> Class of Heroes 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mind Zero.

SerTapTap

I got Gurumin! Used to have it for the PSP but never finished it. Now I can rectify that on my VITA.

Gurumin is great! Super cute, fun combat, lots to do. I almost double-dipped for digital but remembered I have it on PC now anyway. IT's a steal for $2.50. Parin is the cutest

Ive actually already seen footage from JPN streamers way back before it was banned. It looked awesome, its what got my interested in versus actually.

It's unbanned now as long as you're actually playing the game not using the dressing room I guess. I Was planning to stream sometime this week actualy

It's apparently a "great musou game" according to everyone I know that plays those, however I came into it not really liking musou games and not being called in (or entertained) by the t'n'a alone - and found it was a very fun game (even in multiplayer) that offered a ton of content and some laughs.

I liked the game so much (and play it so often) that I've even bought all the DLC so I can mix it up each time. Highly recommended.

Mr review here if you need more of a nudge; http://thevitalounge.net/2014/10/30/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually bought enough stuff where I still saved a boatload buying a month worth of PS+. I feel dirty but not as bad as I would have spending that extra cash. Too bad this month's plus games are rubbish. Also now my list is clogged the hell up from the previous times I had it.

autoduelist

If I do get Class of Heroes, should I play it a bit while I'm waiting for Demon Gaze and see if I like it as a DRPG?

I'd say DG is a bit more accessible overall, at least from character creation and early game? But I don't see a reason to not have them both.

I rarely burn out on the genre though. I'm more likely to burn out during character creation than I am once I get rolling, and DG has fairly straightforward character generation.

That said, I'd never suggest playing one 'for a bit' till something else comes in... for me, at least, it's all or nothing... go in to win, because if you set it aside the odds of coming back are slim. But i'm like that with all games.

Top Bottom