• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Not a problem RK, It's still pretty confusing. I don't know if I should buy it. I'll get Peace Walker PSP, for sure, but is there a chance that PO will be compatible at one point? Is the only MGS I haven't played.

Last flash sale I spent $41 on games, now I'm at $24 with Peace Walker, SW: Battlefront Elite Squadron, Dark Forces and FUII PS3. Having $10 more, any game you guys recommend?

Redhood

Yay! Wallet is saved. Already bought Catherine and resonance of fate physical copies last week.

The discounts for vita games are not that good. ToT

RK128

My final haul from today is Demon Gaze, The Firefly Diary and Rivera The Promised Land :).

The last one I never new about....but after watching some gameplay of it on Youtube, I remembered seeing X-Play review the game when I was younger. It looked quite interesting, so it is great to finally get it all these years latter :D.

Once again, gotta thank Vita Gaf for the great suggestions for games and I cant wait to dig into all three of them.

I played a bit of Demon Gaze so far and I really like it so far. The visuals are really bright and pop off of the Vita's OLED screen, the combat looks to have a good amount of depth, the dungeons look to be quite fun to explore, and the game does a great job introducing elements bit by bit across the first half hour (I got how everything worked, and I never played a DRPG before).

I also really like the characters, as they all have some great personality (the manager of the inn you are staying in really has this 'unnerving' vibe to her while the seasoned hunter of the group is cool enough to guide your character through the ropes on how everything works). Overall, I really like this game and I can't wait to play more of it :).

Fantasy Hero has a demo (at least in the US store).

I'm not sure about this one. It's all real-time combat, to the point that you can't pause during missions. The fighter character seems to be all about basically spamming attack, heal, and transform - haven't tried the other characters because, of course, extra save slots are DLC.

It looks like the whole game is a cycle of doing missions, organizing your inventory, crafting your weapons (which will become obsolete quickly due to upgrade limits), then going back out and doing harder missions - the demo didn't really show anywhere else to go or anything else to do.

RK128

It feels so good seeing all you guys getting Demon Gaze, you know how to make a witch proud.

The game is one of the big Vita exclusives, so for the price of 12 bucks, why not check it out :).

The Vita really pushed me into game genre's and types that I never touched in the past, so getting to test the waters with a DRPG (a genre I never touched before too) is something really cool :D.

Nudull

Banned
It feels so good seeing all you guys getting Demon Gaze, you know how to make a witch proud.

LrSq9PU.jpg

You're good people, Shizuka.

Garraboa

I think the game isn't, but thanks to that PSN Glitch a while back, he was able to get the game on his Vita like how many of us did to put Twisted Metal Head On, Motorstrom Arctic Edge and the Crash/Spryo PS1 tittles on our Vita.

Or the game is transferable to the Vita through the PS3 to Vita Transfer :l. Either way, the game works on Vita, but I honestly have no idea how sadly :(.

Dammit. Sorry misremembered. It was on my PSP. I still play my PSP.

Oh, Ok. It's fine. It's just that everything "PSOne Classics on Vita" gets me overly excited! :p

autoduelist

I've heard that the gamelay in conception aint so hot.

That's one of the few things it's got going for it. The gameplay, however, it absolutely terrible. Imagine creating a complex combat system with all sorts of neat features (tons of hidden skills, combos, classes to discover, positional based combat, chain gauges that reward taking risks, and more!) then burying it all in a game so easy you can just auto-battle and ignore all of the above.

Unless you desperately want to date like 7 girls at once a million times each -- none of whom you'd never want to spend time with in real life, all just for the chance you might 'accidentally' see them in a towel or bathing suit and have to help get a spider off their shoulder. Oh, and during all that you'll be 'holding hands' with them on a regular basis to make soldier children to fight for you. If that sounds like your thing, by all means, go ahead. It was torture for me. Early on, when I was learning the combat system, I was prepared to be impressed. It fell as flat as flat can be.

To be honest, I have never seen Class of Heroes 2 on sale before. COH1 yes, but I believe COH2 is on sale for the first time, so I am throwing caution to the wind and buying the game.

Yeah, probably a good choice. I got my digital code for cheap back when everyone who bought physical was selling the code that came with it on ebay.

Tizoc

IF YOU BOUGHT TIME AND ETERNITY THEN YOU MUST BALANCE OUT THE UNIVERSE BY BUYING THIS GAME
trinity-souls-of-zill-oll-walkthrough-box-artwork.jpg

Trinity Souls of Zill Oll
I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HOW BROKE YOU ARE, YOU BOUGHT T&E, NOW YOU ARE OBLIGATED TO BALANCE THE UNIVERSE BY PLAYING THIS UNDERRATED ACTION RPG WHICH IS ACTUALLY 100 TIMES BETTER THAN THAT KUSOGE

Also sorry for using Caps but I can't trust you kids with your own dang backlog yeesh.

Takao

Banned
Is there a Star Wars PSP game that doesn't work on Vita ? I'm planning on buying stuff

So yeah, that Star Wars Mega Bundle on PSN seems like a bad deal. It's listed as being Vita compatible and is present on the Vita store, but only one game (Lego Stars III) is actually downloadable directly on the device. The rest either require a transfer from a PS3 or simply don't work on Vita. Then there's the fact that due to this week's sales, it's cheaper to buy all six games individually than in that bundle.

Also, MGS: PO still doesn't work on Vita ?

Yeah, it doesn't work on Vita at all. Who's to say if it'll ever work. I didn't expect them to make Suikoden downloadable on Vita, but they eventually did.

is there a good list of ps vita compatible psp games?

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/281768-complete-list-of-pspminispsone-games-playable-on-vita/

Producer

IF YOU BOUGHT TIME AND ETERNITY THEN YOU MUST BALANCE OUT THE UNIVERSE BY BUYING THIS GAME

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HOW BROKE YOU ARE, YOU BOUGHT T&E, NOW YOU ARE OBLIGATED TO BALANCE THE UNIVERSE BY PLAYING THIS UNDERRATED ACTION RPG WHICH IS ACTUALLY 100 TIMES BETTER THAN THAT KUSOGE

Also sorry for using Caps but I can't trust you kids with your own dang backlog yeesh.

Why are you shilling this game and not playing Ys VI?

mate.

What's the name of the game.

autoduelist

i don't even...

i was going through my list of 'possibly buys' and got to senran kagura.

i thought it was some sort of cooking game.
I THOUGHT IT WAS SOME SORT OF COOKING GAME.

what the heck did my eyes just see. I don't even know if this means I should buy it or not just for the lols. What the heck.

EDIT -- i was watching shinovi versus vid. now i see there is another game called 'bon appetit' which is why i must have thought it was a cookign game. are they both similar? i don't even know if i want to look.

EDIT -- i looked. I guess I got what i expected, after the first experience. at least my wallet is safe from rhythm games, though i do like dynasty warriors type games.

i don't even...

i was going through my list of 'possibly buys' and got to senran kagura.

i thought it was some sort of cooking game.
I THOUGHT IT WAS SOME SORT OF COOKING GAME.

what the heck did my eyes just see. I don't even know if this means I should buy it or not just for the lols. What the heck.

EDIT -- i was watching shinovi versus vid. now i see there is another game called 'bon appetit' which is why i must have thought it was a cookign game. are they both similar? i don't even know if i want to look.

EDIT -- i looked. I guess I got what i expected, after the first experience. at least my wallet is safe from rhythm games, though i do like dynasty warriors type games.
I love this post.
Now go and buy Shinovi Versus

Intel

- Sorcery Saga
- Conception™II
- HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA PP
- Demon Gaze
- NAtURAL DOCtRINE

Omg many options but only chose... +_+

RK128

- Sorcery Saga
- Conception™II
- HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA PP
- Demon Gaze
- NAtURAL DOCtRINE

Omg many options but only chose... +_+

Hyper Dimension Neptunia PP is not the best deal, as it isn't a rythem game, but an idol simulator :l..... If you want some more funny dialog and to go back into the charming world of that series, then it is a okay deal :). Otherwise...skip it.

Demon Gaze is a great game to walk yourself into the world of DRPG's; a very clear and smartly done introduction really helps set up the core mechanics for the player, so if you are new to the genre (like myself), you can jump in fully knowing what you are getting yourself into :). The visuals look great on the Vita's screen, the controls are great and the music is really good; great package overall :D.

Natural Doctrine is famous for its high difficulty, so if you hate difficult games...you will not like this one :(. Never played it, but it looks to be a strategy JRPG and it looks nice on Vita :). The only issues that might be in the game are, like I stated, the high difficulty. Other then that, just do some research on the game via YouTube videos and reviews to fully know what you are getting into if you get the game.

Conception II is another game I don't own, but it got really mixed reception on Gaf, so be mindful of what you are getting into if you get this. The combat system looks to be interesting but heavily underused and the story seems to be really generic. The presentation is colorful and the game does have a cool class system in place. Overall this looks to be an okay game but nothing amazing though.

Hope this helps you in getting games man :).

autoduelist

in all the golden week goodness, don't forget there are regular releases too.

a free ps4/ps3 star wars theme, too.

Project Root looks awesome and is only $7 for vita. Anyone give it a whirl yet? It looks like a base attack overhead shmup with freeform movement (like, say, a dual stick shooter where you can move anywhere on the map, not a constantly scrolling vertical/horizontal shmup). Reminds me of Novastrike, actually. Think I might bite even w/o recommendations.

RK128

in all the golden week goodness, don't forget there are regular releases too.

a free ps4/ps3 star wars theme, too.

Project Root looks awesome and is only $7 for vita. Anyone give it a whirl yet? It looks like a base attack overhead shmup with freeform movement (like, say, a dual stick shooter where you can move anywhere on the map, not a constantly scrolling vertical/horizontal shmup). Reminds me of Novastrike, actually. Think I might bite even w/o recommendations.

Never heard about this one.....sound interesting at the very least :D. If you end up getting it, I hope you have a blast with it man :).

Wish the Vita would have gotten a free Star Wars theme....

Intel

Hyper Dimension Neptunia PP is not the best deal, as it isn't a rythem game, but an idol simulator :l..... If you want some more funny dialog and to go back into the charming world of that series, then it is a okay deal :). Otherwise...skip it.

Demon Gaze is a great game to walk yourself into the world of DRPG's; a very clear and smartly done introduction really helps set up the core mechanics for the player, so if you are new to the genre (like myself), you can jump in fully knowing what you are getting yourself into :). The visuals look great on the Vita's screen, the controls are great and the music is really good; great package overall :D.

Natural Doctrine is famous for its high difficulty, so if you hate difficult games...you will not like this one :(. Never played it, but it looks to be a strategy JRPG and it looks nice on Vita :). The only issues that might be in the game are, like I stated, the high difficulty. Other then that, just do some research on the game via YouTube videos and reviews to fully know what you are getting into if you get the game.

Conception II is another game I don't own, but it got really mixed reception on Gaf, so be mindful of what you are getting into if you get this. The combat system looks to be interesting but heavily underused and the story seems to be really generic. The presentation is colorful and the game does have a cool class system in place. Overall this looks to be an okay game but nothing amazing though.

Hope this helps you in getting games man :).

Thanks, i download Demon Gaze now :)

Tizoc

Project Root doesn't look to be a bullet hell, that's a plus for me but I must know if it is a good shmup to go with my list of awesome shmups on my OLED.

Project Root doesn't look to be a bullet hell, that's a plus for me but I must know if it is a good shmup to go with my list of awesome shmups on my OLED.

No demo (even though the full game is listed as a "full game trial," heh), so I scoped it out with some of the videos that are now going up.

Not keen on this one. It looks like you have a bunch of huge levels that go on for far too long, but you have to buy upgrades before you can start moving anywhere fast. The gameplay also looks extremely slow.

bobohoro

It's apparently a "great musou game" according to everyone I know that plays those, however I came into it not really liking musou games and not being called in (or entertained) by the t'n'a alone - and found it was a very fun game (even in multiplayer) that offered a ton of content and some laughs.

First time I heard that. The more prominent part of a musou, the 1 vs many aspect of the game, is probably its weakest part. The fun stuff comes from the one on one brawling and even that isn't overly deep or well balanced. I mean, I liked Shinovi Versus well enough, it's charming and kinda endearing and not just because of the life and hometown, but because the characters are rather likeable and the scenario is pretty entertaining. But the gameplay isn't all that great in the end.

But what do I know, I'm one of the weird guys that prefered Burst on the 3DS. :O

And I second the recommendation to buy Trinity: Souls Of Zill O'll, very underrated game.

Arthea

I want to take advantage of that golden week sale, but I don't have plus anymore. Can I use US PSN plus promotion for a second time? I remember reading that only EU can use it only once.

Getting Ar No Surge.
Been wanting to check it out for ages.

same here, not only I plan to get it, I'll play it right away. I thought we'll never get discount on it already, almost bought full price couple of weeks back.

edited: I just noticed that ToX2 isn't discounted. That's odd...

I want to take advantage of that golden week sale, but I don't have plus anymore. Can I use US PSN plus promotion for a second time? I remember reading that only EU can use it only once.

same here, not only I plan to get it, I'll play it right away. I thought we'll never get discount on it already, almost bought full price couple of weeks back.

edited: I just noticed that ToX2 isn't discounted. That's odd...

I've never had PS+ on my US account but I'm in Europe and I need to register an american credit card on the account for the 14 day trial which I don't have, any way around that?

Arthea

I've never had PS+ on my US account but I'm in Europe and I need to register an american credit card on the account for the 14 day trial which I don't have, any way around that?

The last time I just got a trial code from some promo, and I don't remember registering any card for that. So, this is a way around. I'm in Europe too.

Looks like PO on EU does work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pPCO1NpIvM D:

Renegade Squadron is the one that doesn't. Sadly. Elite Squadron does work.

Can confirm all of these. I have Portable Ops & Elite Squadron on my Vita; have a digital copy of Renegade Squadron but it won't work through PS3 transfer or direct download.

It's disappointing. Elite Squadron is good, but there was something I just preferred about Renegade Squadron.

The last time I just got a trial code from some promo, and I don't remember registering any card for that. So, this is a way around. I'm in Europe too.

I'll look around to see if I can find a trial code somewhere.
If anyone here happens to have one that isn't needed please shoot me a pm.

SerTapTap

Anyone know of a good guide for Neptunia PP's trophies? Probably just going to use Playstationtrophies' if nothing else.

I mostly bought games I already have on cart in this sale...so I'll actually friggin' play them. I prefer to play Neptunia PP in spurts and I play too many JRPGs on cart to ever get around to it or other stuff. Had the same problem with Driveclub and Animal Crossing, I want to play a bit here and there but swapping disks/carts that often is urg.

I was waiting to get the Steam version, but $2.50 is ungodly tempting...

I'm not sure if it's a plus or minus, but the PSP version lacks the rhythm based criticals the PC version has, not sure I'll like those. I have the PC version, just haven't played it yet.

FDC1

Nobody else has problems to buy on the store today? For some reasons it doesn't want to accept my credit card (it still worked fine yesterday). I verified, the problem isn't coming from my card, I was able to pay with it elsewhere without any problem.

Ventara

So guys, there's a decent chance we'e getting Ar No Surge for the Vita, right? I'm thinking of buying the game, but would much rather play on my Vita. The Vita port just came out last fall, right?

Khronico

Demon Gaze is... really good so far.

I played about an hour last night and really enjoyed it. The art is gorgeous too.

Elite Squadron on the other hand... It's decent, but I really don't like the control scheme. Instead of having the usual PSP TPS setup of the the face buttons being your right analog stick, it has a lock on button and that's it. I would've much rather dedicated face buttons for look so I could map that to the right analog stick. Other than that, it's portable Battlefront, which is cool, I'll continue playing it in short bursts.

TOTP: Buy Demon Gaze. Also consider getting Revenge of the Sith PS2 Classic, it's a surprisingly good little couch coop action game akin to the LOTR series on the same platform. It also has a really fun (although unbalanced) duel mode.

Top Bottom