• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2016

RK128

Man recently i rarely finish a game... :(

Anyway i'm playing:
ultra despair girls
unepic
xcom

Great line up of games man :D!

DR: Another Episode looks like a blast from what I saw of it online (more or less RE4 but with the DR IP).

Unepic sounds great to me thanks to the Vita Lounge review of the title :).

Xcom is a game I know you were looking forward to a lot and I'm glad you can finally play it :D!

It's really good, waaaay better than la mulana at least, maybe it's my fault but in la mulana i never knew where to go or what to do...

It's a metroidvania heavy on rpg elements(stats, loots, magic, pets etc), there are challenges and quests, backtraking is almost absent, one thing that i really appreciate in unepic is that unlike other games(even some deep rpgs) different kinds of weapon are really different and every enemy is weak against one weapon type and resistant to the others, if you use the wrong kind of weapon against an enemy you will do a very small damage, so you have to choose what weapon abilities to grow, i also appreciate that there's no need to grind because it's well balanced imo, another good thing is that the references are not just some videogames references pointlessly put there just to do fanservice, but they are also based on movies, comics etc and often well used in dialogues.

One bad thing is that at least in the beginning environments look the same, but after some progress there's more variety.

That sounds great, I guess I'm buying it ;)

Edit:Yes!

Check out @DrinkBoxStudios's Tweet: https://twitter.com/DrinkBoxStudios/status/719555622178455552?s=09

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Great line up of games man :D!

DR: Another Episode looks like a blast from what I saw of it online (more or less RE4 but with the DR IP).

Unepic sounds great to me thanks to the Vita Lounge review of the title :).

Xcom is a game I know you were looking forward to a lot and I'm glad you can finally play it :D!
Thanks man! :D

Despair girls is somewhat reminiscent of old survival horrors and in fact i consider it a happy and colorful horror game setting-wise, despite the appearance it's even more sick and twisted than horror games
kids killing adults for fun and playing with their bodies
, gameplay-wise is a rather simplistic tps with some puzzles, eye-shotting monokumas can be hard but there's toko/jack for difficult situations, you need to use different bullets for different enemies, characters look great and well I'm hooked to the game.

That sounds great, I guess I'm buying it ;)
I think(hope!) you won't regret it :)

Clive

April is turning out to be one of the best months we have seen in quite some time for the Vita in my humble opinion, maybe among the best ever. Skullgirls, Mega Man Legends 2 and Assassin's Creed Chronicles during week 1, Risk of Rain week 2, Axiom Verge week 3 and Rocketbirds: Evolution, Severed and Stranger of Sword City week 4. We also have the Asian English release of Gundam Breaker 3 at the end of the month. All of these are games I actually want to play.

RK128

April is turning out to be one of the best months we have seen in quite some time for the Vita in my humble opinion, maybe among the best ever. Skullgirls, Mega Man Legends 2 and Assassin's Creed Chronicles during week 1, Risk of Rain week 2, Axiom Verge week 3 and Rocketbirds: Evolution, Severed and Stranger of Sword City week 4. We also have the Asian English release of Gundam Breaker 3 at the end of the month. All of these are games I actually want to play.

In the same boat man :D.

Legends 2, Axiom Verge, Rocketbirds 2 and Severed are all games I've been waiting to play for a while, so I can't wait to play all of them!

Vita has been rocking in April, with May being even better with Ray Giant coming out :). Great time to own a Vita for sure :).

Is this game a vita exclusive? I thought was comming to iOS and Android too . this is good if they support Vita we need to support them back. Just throw your money to the monitor!

It feels great that so many interesting games are coming out this month, that I have to actually choose which ones I should buy.

Games I'll get day 1

Trillion (allredy bought it and love it)
Axiom Verge
Invisible Inc (PS4)
Severed (supposed to be 8-10hours long and only take up 250mb on your memory card!)

Edit: I can't believe that we still have games like: Cold Steel 2, psycho pass(EU 16th September), darkest dungeon, banner saga, SAO:HR, god eater, salt & sanctuary, hyper light drifter, Y2K, zero escape 3, full throttle, odin sphere, rainbow skies, grand kingdom, read only memories, cosmic star heroine ect. to look forward to.

redcrayon

In the same boat man :D.

Legends 2, Axiom Verge, Rocketbirds 2 and Severed are all games I've been waiting to play for a while, so I can't wait to play all of them!

Vita has been rocking in April, with May being even better with Ray Giant coming out :). Great time to own a Vita for sure :).
Then in June it's Odin Sphere and Grand Kingdom. Awesome year for the Vita so far.

Flunkie

Banned
It's pretty crazy that I haven't picked up my Vita in a couple months. Just playing my 3DS so much more at this point. I've kinda grown tired of trying to like a lot of the Vita games and can't be arsed to pick it up just for a trivial indie right now when playing epics like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade Chronicles. That said, when Severed comes out, I'm there.

ZeroAKA

It's pretty crazy that I haven't picked up my Vita in a couple months. Just playing my 3DS so much more at this point. I've kinda grown tired of trying to like a lot of the Vita games and can't be arsed to pick it up just for a trivial indie right now when playing epics like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade Chronicles. That said, when Severed comes out, I'm there.
Same here, I've been only playing Fire Emblem and Pokemon lately. I think I'm losing interest in Vita and PS4.

RK128

I use my Vita and 2DS all the time gaming wise (recently been using my PS3 more) but I can understand why one would lose interest in Vita; the 3DS got major games recently (FE) and focusing on one RPG at a time is a better idea then bouncing between 10 RPG's at once.

Same here, I've been only playing Fire Emblem and Pokemon lately. I think I'm losing interest in Vita and PS4.

I tend to always have 'something' to play on my Vita and the PS4 finally got a game out that is really making me have interest in getting one (Ratchet & Clank). But I can understand being burnt out with Sony systems; lots of games to play on other systems and trying to juggle a lot at once isn't the best thing to do :l.

Xenoflare

Fire Emblem Fates made me almost never touch my vita at this point it's even worse than SMT IV and Devil Survivor 2 RB did back in the day. Having 3 campaigns is probably one if the factor on why it's such a time sink

I still have to play digimon lol

Hopefully I'll finish it before SMT IV Final. God knows how long I'll spend on that game

Gaf! Slight problem.

I preordered the DSIII Deluxe Edition the other day, but for whatever shitty reason, Sony never charged me and my preorder was cancelled, despite everything being downloaded and ready to go without a hitch (misleading much). So, obviously everything is locked, including the preorder bonuses (theme & soundtrack).

That's all fine and dandy for the most part, as I'm able to repurchase the Deluxe Edition now and I've not been charged, but what happens to my preorder bonuses, seeing as I can't exactly repurchase the preorder? Will they remain on my PS4, locked forever? Can customer service sort this out, or is it beyond them?

Many thanks for an advice.

Xenoflare

Gaf! Slight problem.

I preordered the DSIII Deluxe Edition the other day, but for whatever shitty reason, Sony never charged me and my preorder was cancelled, despite everything being downloaded and ready to go without a hitch (misleading much). So, obviously everything is locked, including the preorder bonuses (theme & soundtrack).

That's all fine and dandy for the most part, as I'm able to repurchase the Deluxe Edition now and I've not been charged, but what happens to my preorder bonuses, seeing as I can't exactly repurchase the preorder? Will they remain on my PS4, locked forever? Can customer service sort this out, or is it beyond them?

Many thanks for an advice.

That seems like a pretty specific issue. Probably wanna take this to the CS for PSN

79mD7o8.jpg

Lovely Planet PS4 - If Katamari Damacy was made into a platform racing shooter this would be the game. Short levels of executing a stage Trials-like for time. Great art and music. Rough in execution. More explanation needed for what is going on. It is OK but it frustrates me in a bad way especially with the 3D platforming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWJOhTSXpGc

MGOZ2je.jpg

Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure PS4 - It is like playing Atari 2600 Combat with only slightly more depth. Not a lot here especially single player. No online. Gets old real fast. Real great polish and art. Pass. There are better local multiplayer games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQNcxyaRXeg

SerTapTap

79mD7o8.jpg

Lovely Planet PS4 - If Katamari Damacy was made into a platform racing shooter this would be the game. Short levels of executing a stage Trials-like for time. Great art and music. Rough in execution. More explanation needed for what is going on. It is OK but it frustrates me in a bad way especially with the 3D platforming.

It's VERY confusing at first but usually if you respawn it's because you missed shooting a "temporary" red orb that springs up in the air or something hit you. I don't think it's a great way to handle a speedrun game, IMO crap like that should just cost you time instead of forcing a reset, and if your time is bad enough you don't proceed.

I adore the look of the game but Im' no speedrunner and I got frustrated fast on PC

It's VERY confusing at first but usually if you respawn it's because you missed shooting a "temporary" red orb that springs up in the air or something hit you. I don't think it's a great way to handle a speedrun game, IMO crap like that should just cost you time instead of forcing a reset, and if your time is bad enough you don't proceed.

I adore the look of the game but Im' no speedrunner and I got frustrated fast on PC

I agree with this. Yeah in the video there is like 5 minutes until I realized you can't let those red things hit the ground. The insta-restart is disorientating. Wasted potential.

SerTapTap

Saw discussion of Galax Z season 5 "beta" on twitter? Are we finally getting the last part of the game?! I really enjoyed the game at launch aside from the issues and no season 5...never imagined it'd take this long to shape up though. The game deserved better.

I agree with this. Yeah in the video there is like 5 minutes until I realized you can't let those red things hit the ground. The insta-restart is disorientating. Wasted potential.

Games like this are why I wish sequels were more common in indie games. It's kinda puzzling how rare they are. It saves you a lot of ideation time and you know from feedback how you could potentially improve. Sequels like Velocity 2X are highly welcome to me. I'd play another Lovely Planet that was a bit more relaxing, or another Monster Bag that was longer and less gross.

incpdo

Even when im not convinced about the gameplay of severed I really dig the main character design. I imagine a guacamelee like game with this character and it could be awesome. I'm gonna support this game as Im really interested in this and o think making this game a Vita exclusive ( at least for now) is a bold move.

Kyrios

Bought Salt and Sanctuary last night. Looking forward to getting to that after finishing Wolfenstein: New Order.

RK128

As someone who really liked Batman BG, will I enjoy Assassin's Creed Chronicles?

I somewhat enjoyed Blackgate but I think that and AC Chronicles are very different titles.

Chronicles would be similar to ACII on the DS if that makes since; 2D action platformer that uses very similar core mechanics to the console titles.

If you like that idea, then you will really enjoy AC Chronicles :). Even then, also consider that AC Chronicles started life as a 2D Prince of Persia game before being converted into a AC title; the game will have some solid platforming.

incpdo

I somewhat enjoyed Blackgate but I think that and AC Chronicles are very different titles.

Chronicles would be similar to ACII on the DS if that makes since; 2D action platformer that uses very similar core mechanics to the console titles.

If you like that idea, then you will really enjoy AC Chronicles :). Even then, also consider that AC Chronicles started life as a 2D Prince of Persia game before being converted into a AC title; the game will have some solid platforming.
ACC It's not as metroidvania as batman blackgate but it has lots of elements of puzzle platformer like BG. Both 2.5 d platformers. Both have drawing based cutscene. Both have the " detective vision" etc. So I believe they have lots of things that these games are similar. But I think even when blackgate looks cooler ACC plays better or maybe it's more fun.

Dingotech

I'd love confirmation that Risk of Rain Vita runs well when in the higher levels with loads of enemies.

I still remember the PC version running terribly on my highly spec'd PC when on higher levels with the screen full of enemies.

I'd love confirmation that Risk of Rain Vita runs well when in the higher levels with loads of enemies.

I still remember the PC version running terribly on my highly spec'd PC when on higher levels with the screen full of enemies.

I haven't gotten very far but it runs great so far. I like the art and music. Too early for an opinion but it is a rougelike.

Tizoc

http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.p...ost-sea-rainbow-moon-soeldner-x-2-coming-soon

Lost Sea (PS4); Rainbow Moon (PS4/Vita) and Soldner X-2 (Vita) getting LRG physical releases.

Also, sounds like Don't Starve: Shipwrecked might come to Vita in the future:

http://i.imgur.com/NYRv6a3.png

OK who was it
who was the smartypants who said to me that Soldner X-2 would NEVER get a retail release.
Don't make me go search posts yo :v

79mD7o8.jpg

Why do you need an explanation for shooting balloon butts. You kids been playing way way too many games that give way too much exposition.
You have a shooty thing
You shoot the baloony butts
and the bad guys
that's all you need to know

Shinriji

Actually runs very good. I finished a run yesterday and just once there was a slight hint of slowdown. 99% of the time it was flawless.

Dingotech

Actually runs very good. I finished a run yesterday and just once there was a slight hint of slowdown. 99% of the time it was flawless.

Thanks! I bought a copy last night anyway.

I've been looking forward to it for ages on the Vita so I just took the risk.

Had to send in my PS4 for warranty service, the dumb "disc ejecting in the middle of play or the middle of the night" thing kept coming back every few months. Put the original hard drive back in, got the coffin, sent it off, and got it back, all since last Monday. Shockingly painless.

On top of that, I'm surprised that I didn't actually have to restore from the full system backup I made. Once I got the console back I swapped the bigger drive back in, restored FW 3.50, booted up, and everything was as it had been. All saves still present, PT still installed and launching, etc. Glad I can jump back in without needing to wait 8 hours for the restore to complete, lol.

Only weird thing is that neither the included paper nor the ticket status online actually say what exactly they did, but I guess I'll just trust that it's good now? It's still the original console.

Benedict

So I bought a Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB to replace my1tb SHDD in my PS4.
What's the best and easiest way to backup my current content to the new HDD?
Every save is also backed up in the cloud/PS+?
Don't want to lose my saves.

Any good guides?

incpdo

So vitagaffers what game should be released in physical form by límited run games?
My wishlist includes any game over 1gb

Saphirax

Atelier Sophie preorder bonuses:

North America

North American press release not yet available.

Europe

• Amazon – In-game background music pack and two Atelier Sophie themes for PlayStation 4.
  • Independent retailers – A pack consisting of background music, the Doll Making costume “Aqua Suit,” a five-piece set of useful materials and items, and a theme for PlayStation 4.
  • PlayStation Store (first month of release) – Two Atelier Sophie themes, as well as an in-game bundle of useful items boosting their attack (uni bag), Hit Points (sweets), or Mental Points (sotea)

There's also two new trailers at Gematsu and some new screenshots.

Top Bottom