• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2016

RK128

Jak 1: Run exactly the same but the controls feel more responsive. I guess in-put lag or something got ironed out a bit.
Jak 3: Game runs sub-20FPS but the driving portions feel a lot more smoother compared to before.

Not playing Jak 2, as I don't like that game very much, but point is the collection got slight improvements with the Vita Firmware, but its not by that much.

incpdo

This might be a placebo effect but nonetheless is a good excuse to play borderlands 2 again. I don't what engine uses but I have nothing to lose.

Shinriji

I was playing some Escha & Logy and Ar nosurge, and I seemed to notice a lot more instances of higher framerate, even ~60fps at times. Did the last Vita update do something, or am I just placeboing myself?

UI performance is definetly increased. I didn't felt anything different gamewise, but previous firmware/patches increased game performance, so it is possible.

incpdo

I have tried the amazing spiderman game . and there is an improvement of a few frames im pretty sure . i can feel the difference in the open world sections . im playing in " plane mode " so that might help a little but im pretty sure it runs smoother .

Again, it might be the placebo effect but im pretty sure there is a difference.

SerTapTap

Is there an english "how to play" guide for Valkyrie Drive? I'm trying to swap characters and I don't know if I just haven't unlocked that feature yet or I'm doing it wrong or what's going on.

Ratchet and Clank was amazing as expected. Just wish they swapped the hoverboard races with arenas. Protip: turn the difficulty to casual if you're having trouble with the races. It doesn't affect trophies anyway.

Is there an english "how to play" guide for Valkyrie Drive? I'm trying to swap characters and I don't know if I just haven't unlocked that feature yet or I'm doing it wrong or what's going on.

Ratchet and Clank was amazing as expected. Just wish they swapped the hoverboard races with arenas. Protip: turn the difficulty to casual if you're having trouble with the races. It doesn't affect trophies anyway.

If you mean swap characters during the story bits, I believe it forces you to use the characters it wants you to use until you've completed the mission at least once.

SerTapTap

If you mean swap characters during the story bits, I believe it forces you to use the characters it wants you to use until you've completed the mission at least once.

I mean between the duo of characters, I assumed it was a tag team thing...maybe not? Like droopy eyed girl seems to be paired with Not-Asuka in the starting levels but I can't switch?

I mean between the duo of characters, I assumed it was a tag team thing...maybe not? Like droopy eyed girl seems to be paired with Not-Asuka in the starting levels but I can't switch?

It's not a tag team. The first character you pick is the liberator - the wielder of the weapon. The second character you pick is the ecsta, the one who becomes the weapon (and powers you up with DRIVE).

The character you pick first will have a level out of 50 IIRC, while the second will have a level out of 15. Your level of 15 denotes what stage of DRIVE you can go into, and your personal level out of 50 denotes base power levels of all stats.

Shinriji

This might be a placebo effect but nonetheless is a good excuse to play borderlands 2 again. I don't what engine uses but I have nothing to lose.

So I booted several games today and the performance increase is real, if a little bit. Like Sonic Racing Transformed - the outrun track. This track was known as with framerate issues on vita and now is quite stable, on par with the other tracks.

I tested some more games, like shutshimi and improved the weird frame skipping and stuttering (but far from being a rock solid 60fps).

incpdo

So I booted several games today and the performance increase is real, if a little bit. Like Sonic Racing Transformed - the outrun track. This track was known as with framerate issues on vita and now is quite stable, on par with the other tracks.

I tested some more games, like shutshimi and improved the weird frame skipping and stuttering (but far from being a rock solid 60fps).
So im not crazy , thats good to know.

SerTapTap

Neptunia V2 DLC characters are finally launching, and Axiom Verge for Vita too!

Apparently Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for PS4 too? Good day all around. But the store's not done updating yet. Highly highly recommend Axiom Verge. Don't forget my guide for it too if you get stuck, but I recommend going blind as possible first playthrough. Get lost, enjoy it.

It's not a tag team. The first character you pick is the liberator - the wielder of the weapon. The second character you pick is the ecsta, the one who becomes the weapon (and powers you up with DRIVE).

The character you pick first will have a level out of 50 IIRC, while the second will have a level out of 15. Your level of 15 denotes what stage of DRIVE you can go into, and your personal level out of 50 denotes base power levels of all stats.

Ohhhh okay, it's a transformation type of thing. I probably just haven't gone far enough in the story then. I'm just impatient, I'll keep playing

ryseing

Just got my LOUD digital rewards. I can PM the soundtrack to you Zero.

Going to whip up an OT quickly if no one else wants the job.

I'm buying Loud on Planet X because CHVRCHES are in it.

Edit: omg Purity Ring's in it too.

Chvrches was heavily hinted at but not formally announced until yesterday. Regardless, I backed off that promise.

Pata

Steins;Gate 0 for Vita has been listed by Xtralife (it also has been listed for PS3 and PS4). Although Xtralife stocks import games, the listings are definitively for Spain as BadLand is listed as the distributor (they were the distributor of the original Steins;Gate and they are the distributors of PQube in Spain, so it adds up).

A sequel to a NeoGAF-banned Vita game that has been hinted in a recent conference has been listed too, but I'm not going to link it just in case...

Shizuka

Steins;Gate 0 for Vita has been listed by Xtralife (it also has been listed for PS3 and PS4). Although Xtralife stocks import games, the listings are definitively for Spain as BadLand is listed as the distributor (they were the distributor of the original Steins;Gate and they are the distributors of PQube in Spain, so it adds up).

A sequel to a NeoGAF-banned Vita game that has been hinted in a recent conference has been listed too, but I'm not going to link it just in case...

Must buy, both of them.

What does it mean when a game that's already out in one region (grand kingdom) gets a beta in another region, does this game have an important online component?

10% IIRC, and cross buy isn't active yet either. The store update isn't done. Shantae isn't up either. I don't get why this isn't an "all at once" thing...
Saw a follow up tweet from developer saying there was some error in their 10% off submission so it does not look like it is happening this week after all. Oh well, still getting it to show the Vita love.

Suikoden is such a fun little RPG, I love the fact that I don't have to grind for XP or money.

The fact that Suikoden 2 is supposed to be way better is awesome, still have TITS SC to finish before it though.

ryseing

LOUD is only $8- $7.something with Plus. It sucks that the Vita port was delayed but PS4 owners should check it out.

Powwa

Do you guys think I'd like Gundam Breaker 3 if I have never seen the anime? I like games like Dynasty Warriors and this one looks similar to it. Is there a lot of customization, leveling, skill tree management involved in this?

quabba

Wooo Axiom Verge vita is finally a real thing.
I bought that on sale but have been waiting for the vita version to play it. So nice thats it's less than 200mb.

It was after searching for this news on GAF that I realized I forgot to subscribe to this thread. Whoops.

Anyway, super excited, just need the official announcement already!

Saw a follow up tweet from developer saying there was some error in their 10% off submission so it does not look like it is happening this week after all. Oh well, still getting it to show the Vita love.

So Axiom is supposed to get a discount today, right?

Aw thanks! Dang it! No idea how I read over that... Bummer.

Don't be too down, the Axiom Verge Twitter said this an hour ago;

"So we got the US 10% off handled, but it won't be active until tomorrow. Very sorry about this 😔"

https://twitter.com/AxiomVerge/status/722581434406318080

ryseing

Is there a date for the Vita port?

And where's that soundtrack?

Nope. I don't understand the UI complaints so it must have been a resources thing.

Soundtrack ended up being only the four original tracks, not the licensed stuff, which I'm a bit bummed about. I can still forward those to you if you want.

ZeroAKA

Nope. I don't understand the UI complaints so it must have been a resources thing.

Soundtrack ended up being only the four original tracks, not the licensed stuff, which I'm a bit bummed about. I can still forward those to you if you want.
I'll probably just get the game on mobile when that comes out in 2 days. And thanks for the offer, but I think I can manage without soundtrack for now if it's only 4 original tracks.

Benedict

A Virus Named Tom for Vita is free for PS+ subscribers in EU.
Don't know if that's a mistake or some kind of late Cross-buy thing.

Top Bottom