• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2016

Putosaure

Thanks! I bought a copy last night anyway.

I've been looking forward to it for ages on the Vita so I just took the risk.

A friend of mine just had the game crash. That's what happens when you play for 4 hours straight and get to level 24 looping through the stage before getting to the last boss.

A not overpriced out of stock version then.

I mean if we're going to ask for them to do games that are no longer in print and are expensive on ebay, they should probably do another couple rounds of Breach and Clear and SMRPG to make sure people don't miss them. Doing prints of games that already had a print (Ar Nosurge) or even still have a print going (Soul Sacrifice Delta), kinda defeats the purpose of what they're trying to accomplish as a business.

demonkaze

This might be a stupid question and not the right place to ask but I was curious if anyone else had this problem. I recently started playing this on the PS4 so I got myself a USB keyboard to make typing easier. Problem is, the PS4 doesnt recognize a lot of the keys im pressing such as "C, X, A" and so on. Is this a problem with the keyboard I just got or am i doing something wrong?

I've also plugged this keyboard into my PC and the keys are recognized there so I'm not too sure what the problem is.

Pata

Did we know about this?
http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4540-The-Legend-of-Dark-Witch-Chronicle-2D-ACT-

I remember when they announced the Vita port but was it confirmed for localization?

There's another trophy list with English trophies. Strangely enough the new trophy list has the trophy list icon in an Asian font, meanwhile the old trophy list has the icon in English, and the one that has players on it is the latter (as the game has been released on Asia).

It hasn't been confirmed for localization but Circle's twitter asked something about Vita a few weeks ago, and I'm pretty it wasn't aimed at Asian markets, so, something's there.

Clive

Anyone know if there's supposed to be a flash sale tomorrow?

Some say they happen on the third Friday of the month, some say it's the second to last Friday of the month. Those two days are normally the same Friday but this month is special so "maybe". I have also seen "the Friday closest to the 20th" Nothing announced or hinted but it rarely is.

nampad

Finished my first Civilization Revolution 2+ game and I am really disappointed. I love the series and like playing big matches for hours though I am not a diehard who knows all the gameplay mechanics in and out.

I knew this was a cut version and from my experience with Civ Rev 1 I should have known better. What they have delivered is just mediocre and the whole grand scale of the gameplay is gone. Civilization 2 on PS1, which I played on PSP a lot, was much better in many regards.

In Civ Rev 2 the custom games don't have any options and the maps are super small. Then there are so many little annoying things that you can't turn off which would actually help speeding the game up (like fight animations, the same old annoying diplomatics), which would fit the mobile nature of the game. Instead, they only cut the scale, which actually is the reason why people play Civ...

The game got still its hooks on me but I am sure I won't play it as much and this are pretty much 20 bucks down the drain. Probably should have went with Xcom or some iOS 4X game.

Goddamn, Severed one week, Ray Gigant the next, and then Uncharted 4... See I wanted to buy Severed just to support the guys for having the balls to develop a Vita exclusive for the West in this day and age. But Ray Gigant has been a game I have been salivating over since it got announced in Japan. Both fall under the same genre, and both come way too close to each other and Uncharted. Idk what to do.

BearChair

Goddamn, Severed one week, Ray Gigant the next, and then Uncharted 4... See I wanted to buy Severed just to support the guys for having the balls to develop a Vita exclusive for the West in this day and age. But Ray Gigant has been a game I have been salivating over since it got announced in Japan. Both fall under the same genre, and both come way too close to each other and Uncharted. Idk what to do.

Don't forget Stranger of Sword City, which I think arrives at the same time as Severed. Who would have ever predicted that there dungeon-crawler RPGs would release within two weeks of one another. After watching videos online, I think I'm going to skip Sword City, but depending on their price, I'll probably get Severed and Ray Gigant. At worst, I'll get one and grab the other whenever it goes on sale.

Don't forget Stranger of Sword City, which I think arrives at the same time as Severed. Who would have ever predicted that there dungeon-crawler RPGs would release within two weeks of one another. After watching videos online, I think I'm going to skip Sword City, but depending on their price, I'll probably get Severed and Ray Gigant. At worst, I'll get one and grab the other whenever it goes on sale.

I said it on the Ray Gigant thread Shizuka posted, I'm not getting that one. Based on impressions in general, and with this much stuff coming, the last thing I need is a game like that. Severed seems to be short, if what the devs said on the Kinda Funny interview is anything to go by (8-12hrs I think they said). Ray Gigant, based on import impressions also seems to be pretty straightforward, linear and casual too. I just don't have it in me to play hardcore games that beat you down constantly.

Gonna check a few minutes of this out just to see how it is shaping up. I'll leave it to the day it drops to see more though.

EDIT: Man I really dig this soundtrack. Character portraits look pretty damn stylish, and although the dungeons are pretty simple looking (like Demon Gaze) the combat looks ace. I saw enough to keep my interest up.

I would say that is a problem with the definition of genres, the two games couldn't be more different IMO. But I understand, I had a feeling that Severed would be released soon so it was part of my April budget (together with Invisible Inc on PS4).

That's true actually now that I think about it. Although the crawling is done in first person, the actual gameplay mechanics are touch based on Severed, and regular turn-based on Ray Gigant. Yeah, know what, I'll splurge. I got myself a decent full-time co-op job for the Summer in my field, so money won't be an issue. I am still in the college student/part-time worker mindset ahaha

That's true actually now that I think about it. Although the crawling is done in first person, the actual gameplay mechanics are touch based on Severed, and regular turn-based on Ray Gigant. Yeah, know what, I'll splurge. I got myself a decent full-time co-op job for the Summer in my field, so money won't be an issue. I am still in the college student/part-time worker mindset ahaha

If there is one developer I like to support it's Drinkbox for making Severed. They have all odds against them. first, they choose to release a Vita game, second a touch game when people always complain about segments in V games that uses the touchscreen i.e Uncharted GA's boss battles and third, a AA game when people everywhere are talking about the missed opportunity of AAA on the go.

I'll buy it day one, but as I said before, right now I have money for it.

If there is one developer I like to support it's Drinkbox for making Severed. They have all odds against them. first, they choose to release a Vita game, second a touch game when people always complain about segments in V games that uses the touchscreen i.e Uncharted GA's boss battles and third, a AA game when people everywhere are talking about the missed opportunity of AAA on the go.

I'll buy it day one, but as I said before, right now I have money for it.

Yeah that's the thing, I wanna support them because of that. The game itself I know is going to be fine, but I commend them for doing this. they could totally have made it cross-plat. I get why they are doing it, but they could arguable have done it for the ps4 also. Swiping on the touch pad, or allowing for analog control, etc.

What're the chances for a Flash Sale on PSN this weekend?
Seems like the Flash! Sales usually happen whatever weekend is around the 19-24th timeframe.

Have been ones that fall outside of that time but in the couple of years I have been watching them, that seems to be the consistent calendar timing they pop up.

So I would expect it next weekend, not this one.

VLiberty

In the span of a week I've got 5 games to buy...busy weeks.
I'll probably just stick with R&C (preordered), I've 35+ Vita games backlogged and it would be a waste of money to buy 4 more games (Lumo, Rocketbirds, Severed and Axiom Verge) on launch day. In fact I've also already skipped AC Chronicles, Tachyon Project and Risk of Rain...

I'll probably just stick with R&C (preordered), I've 35+ Vita games backlogged and it would be a waste of money to buy 4 more games (Lumo, Rocketbirds, Severed and Axiom Verge) on launch day. In fact I've also already skipped AC Chronicles, Tachyon Project and Risk of Rain...

Damn, 5? How will you be able to play them all?

autoduelist

Anyone know the price for Severed or Ray Gigant?

I just picked up Siralim after reading a pile of reviews. Sounds like awesome, endless mix of dungeon crawler and pokemon, and every review i read made me want it more. 10 bucks, and now it'll go on sale next week, but all of you can thank me for that.

Shizuka

Anyone know the price for Severed or Ray Gigant?

I just picked up Siralim after reading a pile of reviews. Sounds like awesome, endless mix of dungeon crawler and pokemon, and every review i read made me want it more. 10 bucks, and now it'll go on sale next week, but all of you can thank me for that.

Educated guesses: $15 and $30/40.

Buying and busy... New Destiny content (looking smallish) and finally picked up The Division for the PS4. Next week is buying Axiom Verge and week after is looking like Severed (Vita love/support). And last week of the month should be Golden Week Sale and Nioh open beta (with a Flash! Sale thrown in there too).

yeesh...

For Severed I remember seeing $15 with 10% for PS+ on the launch week. Not by the mouth of the devs, though.

Yup they said something like this at the Kinda Funny Games interview.

I don't know but tbh I'm more worried about the other 35+, haha. And the other 40 on PS3. And the other systems'. Sigh.

LOL understandable. I have a similar backlog with shows, it's terrible and the pile only gets bigger, never smaller!

omg_mjd

I'm at a game shop looking at Trails of Cold Steel and Estival Versus, both special editions. Which one should I get? They cost the same. Already have Shinovi Versus but haven't finished it yet. Trails looks interesting because the school setting reminds me of P4G.

Clive

I'm at a game shop looking at Trails of Cold Steel and Estival Versus, both special editions. Which one should I get? They cost the same. Already have Shinovi Versus but haven't finished it yet. Trails looks interesting because the school setting reminds me of P4G.

Are you in the mood for grapes with cheese or... melons? They're really as different from each other as they could be. I'd go for Trails because you haven't finished Shinovi Versus. Wrap that one up before considering the sequel.

omg_mjd

Are you in the mood for grapes with cheese or... melons? They're really as different from each other as they could be. I'd go for Trails because you haven't finished Shinovi Versus. Wrap that one up before considering the sequel.

Hmmm I want Estival Versus just to complete the set. And the special edition looks nice (the art book that came with SV was great and this has one too). But Trails does intrigue me more. And generally RPGs > Beat'Em Ups for me.

So Trails for now...and Estival Versus later.

Benedict

Do I have to deactivate my accounts on PS4 when I switch HDD or leave everything as it is?
And then reactivate?
Or are they still in the system?

Edit: Nope, don't have to deactivate my account, shows up as primary when I log in.

Yasumi

Banned
I was playing some Escha & Logy and Ar nosurge, and I seemed to notice a lot more instances of higher framerate, even ~60fps at times. Did the last Vita update do something, or am I just placeboing myself?

Shizuka

I was playing some Escha & Logy and Ar nosurge, and I seemed to notice a lot more instances of higher framerate, even ~60fps at times. Did the last Vita update do something, or am I just placeboing myself?

My brother told me the last firmware update improved performance with Unity games, but I don't know his source (he browses only Japanese websites and blogs).

My brother told me the last firmware update improved performance with Unity games, but I don't know his source (he browses only Japanese websites and blogs).

I haven't heard anything about Unity specifically, but the last firmware update is supposed to have improved "system performance" - which is different wording than that stability update BS, and leads me to believe some sort of optimization has been made.

shmoglish

Stories is surprisingly good. Great game for a "short" run here and there.
And it was a good idea to buy Risk of Rain again. Now I can be bad in this game on vita.

autoduelist

Siralim is an awesome buy on vita. Ten bux well spent. It's basically an RPG and Dungeon Crawler boiled down to their Essence. It's got Base building, resource collecting, tons of stats to customize, crafting and more. You lead a team of six Monsters into various dungeons and find materials to create artifacts and summon new monsters for your army. Every monster type has specific combat abilities and level up independently.

Dungeons auto kevel w you in an intelligent way. Level = your avg lvl - 2, so by the time you are 3 floors deep you are at your lvl. There are easyvways to skip to later levels as wekll.

tons upon tons of content. This game is low on story, but high on exploration, customization, lewt, trainingm etc.

Graphics are bare min to get the job done but its absolutely clear the devs put all thier energy into game design.

worth 10 easy if you like dungeon crawlers or roguelikes or monster trainers.

written on mobile sorry for typos and grammar

mellan buy this today

Top Bottom