• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

RK128

Take this with a 4chan-sized grain of salt but it seems like GR2 might be on both platforms after all.

So judging from that that information, we can guess the following:
-They are testing the Vita controls with the PS4 Controller in ensuring both play well
-The Vita version of Gravity Rush 2 looks better then the original game in everything but Kat's character model and a few assets
-The PS4 version has a much more detailed world alongside apparently 60FPS
-Both are different versions of Gravity Rush 2 rather then a simple remaster of the first game on PS4.

Okay, but my big questions are the following:
-Will the Vita version come out in the US/EU or just Japan? It seems like the Vita version of Gravity Rush 2 mentioned in that beta tester post was made for a reason; ensuring that sells well on the current platform Sony has that is doing okay in JP (Vita)
-How will the version differences impact the game as a greater whole; the combat system will feel very different between the PS4 and Vita versions due to the higher frame rate of the PS4 version.

Regardless if this beta tester is telling the truth or not, its nice to hear something about Studio Japans 'big' game for next year alongside Last Guardian and Level-5's collaboration project.

RK128

Gamescom is so... lackluster this year. It'd be nearly impossible to top up what we got at E3 but still

Sony had barely any major news this week and Microsoft took center stage with a lot of things. It also helps that for them Rare Replay just came out this week (and it looks like I might have to get an X1 to play that sometime next year XD) and information on Rare's projects sparked some discussion on Gaf as well (R.I.P. Kameo 2, The Fast and the Furriest and Sundown :'(). TGS and Paris Games Show (when is the latter happening.....I guess September or October?) will make up for the lack of Gamescom.

Edit: It really didn't help that FFXV had a very underwhelming showing this past week as well :(. The game looks so far away despite it having such a long developmental period....

Prelude.

he has a tripcode so it must be legit
He said a few days ago he was going to attend that beta testing thing, that's the reason of the trip.

It's telling when GR2 being on the Vita as well is more surprising than it only being for the ps4.
Thank Sony and its spokespersons.

So judging from that that information, we can guess the following:
-They are testing the Vita controls with the PS4 Controller in ensuring both play well
-The Vita version of Gravity Rush 2 looks better then the original game in everything but Kat's character model and a few assets
-The PS4 version has a much more detailed world alongside apparently 60FPS
-Both are different versions of Gravity Rush 2 rather then a simple remaster of the first game on PS4.

Okay, but my big questions are the following:
-Will the Vita version come out in the US/EU or just Japan? It seems like the Vita version of Gravity Rush 2 mentioned in that beta tester post was made for a reason; ensuring that sells well on the current platform Sony has that is doing okay in JP (Vita)
-How will the version differences impact the game as a greater whole; the combat system will feel very different between the PS4 and Vita versions due to the higher frame rate of the PS4 version.

Regardless if this beta tester is telling the truth or not, its nice to hear something about Studio Japans 'big' game for next year alongside Last Guardian and Level-5's collaboration project.

Assuming it's all true, they're just testing GRHD for ps4 and GR2 for both, no differences.
And of course it's gonna come out in the west, if they bothered to release it on Vita it's just so that people don't start complaining and shit up their social accounts and it'll sell enough WW anyway but they're obviously gonna release it only digitally in the west because fuck you, B-tier customer. They even tried to pull the same shit with the first one.

RK128

He said a few days ago he was going to attend that beta testing thing, that's the reason of the trip.

Thank Sony and its spokespersons.

Assuming it's all true, they're just testing GRHD for ps4 and GR2 for both, no differences.
And of course it's gonna come out in the west, if they bothered to release it on Vita it's just so that people don't start complaining and shit up their social accounts and it'll sell enough WW anyway but they're obviously gonna release it only digitally in the west because fuck you, B-tier customer. They even tried to pull the same shit with the first one.

That is a good point; they likely are making a Vita version to avoid another Typo-0 situation (which must have impacted sales of the console versions of Typo-0 HD in some fashion....) so if that is the case....good on Sony for doing a cool thing :).

Not expecting it to happen at all though (with Sony calling the Vita a 'legacy' platform and dropping 'AAA' support on the console early this year), but it would be a nice surprise.

Looking forward to TGS, as that should be where Gravity Rush 2 is announced (bit Studio Japan project and a game announced at TGS in the past).

It's telling when GR2 being on the Vita as well is more surprising than it only being for the ps4.

If we didn't get consistent localization's from JP third parties, tons of PS1/PSP games to play and indie developers bringing their games to the Vita, I would be a lot more angry with Sony regarding their first party support for the console.....

Prelude.

Not expecting it to happen at all though (with Sony calling the Vita a 'legacy' platform and dropping 'AAA' support on the console early this year), but it would be a nice surprise.
GR isn't AAA and, according to Yoshida, they're only gonna release digital-only multiplat games on it so that would fall into that category.

RK128

GR isn't AAA and, according to Yoshida, they're only gonna release digital-only multiplat games on it so that would fall into that category.

Really? Okay, guess I can be a bit more hopeful of GR2 Vita being a thing then :). Thanks for the heads up Prelude :D.

Prelude.

Really? Okay, guess I can be a bit more hopeful of GR2 Vita being a thing then :). Thanks for the heads up Prelude :D.
Again, that post proves nothing, I'm just speculating here but with AAA they usually mean stupidly budgeted western games.

RK128

Again, that post proves nothing, I'm just speculating here but with AAA they usally mean stupidly budgeted western games.

I know that; that was why I said I can be a 'bit' more hopeful, not completely hopeful (you can't be regarding Sony supporting the Vita with new titles by them anymore....).

VLiberty

GR2 for me will be a ps4 exclusive until proven otherwise.

If that happens, I'll be swimming in a river of tears of joy.

Edit: 60 fps in a 3d vita game? Lol well at least he tried

cyborg009

Banned

Its been almost three years since the teaser right?

edit: and people have been saying for years that the new gravity rush project was going be on Ps4 whether it was exclusive was the issue.

RK128

Well MvC3 Vita and parts of MGS2 HD have 60FPS on Vita :). They are ports of PS3/PS2 HD Remasters, but its an example XD.

Soul Sacrifice Delta (I believe?) also has 60FPS and native res. on Vita too.

Prelude.

60fps is the "ps4" version, not the Vita one. And it's probably just "more than 30 unlocked", they can't pull off 60fps on ps4 either.

I won't let myself get hyped just yet.

(Well, I'm hyped about the game regardless, but I want to be able to buy it on Vita!)

So I'm having a weird issue with my DS4. The left analog stick won't recognize one direction. Like any time I want to go up and to the right, whatever game will read like I'm not using the analog stick. Is this a known issue? Anything I can do?

Thanks ya'll. Poor controller :(

autoduelist

Two things --

1) Anyone want to help me with two PS4 NFS: Rivals trophies? Two dirt simple online trophies (win a race against friend, bust a friend) are keeping me from that platinum.

2) flame over is surprisingly great. The meta game has some issues (odd things to level up, etc) and it took a minute to click... but hot damn.

Think spelunky, but replace the platforming with dual stick shooting / fire putting outtin'. Left trigger is a fire extinguisher (short, powerful), right trigger is hose (long, water)... so you need to go into burning rooms, extinguish, then soak, etc. Fires spread, burn differently for different materials... you can have electrical fires, people to save, cats to save...

Once you 'learn' the game it's really solid. Highly recommended at sale prices sub $5, and probably worth more to the right person.

what the fuck how could they possibly not know the west would want that? I'm getting pretty annoyed at the "do you want this localized" requests honestly, localizations have been doing great even with super oddball stuff. There's a market, full stop.

Could just be getting free PR. Get people talking about it.

So I'm having a weird issue with my DS4. The left analog stick won't recognize one direction. Like any time I want to go up and to the right, whatever game will read like I'm not using the analog stick. Is this a known issue? Anything I can do?

Thanks ya'll. Poor controller :(

Stuff like that was a known issue with launch controllers. Controllers after shouldn't have it, although of course, some small % of controllers will always have some issue due to normal manufacturing issues.

omg_mjd

Thanks everyone for the Pix the Cat impressions, much appreciated. I love arcade score attack games and action puzzlers so I'll pick it up.

In the meantime, I bought MXGP and I'm enjoying it so far. The controls are very satisfying, though it takes some practice since it's meant to be a realistic sim. Looks like a really good port.

Arthos

Just bought a PS4 and I am wondering what to get for it. Any suggestions?

I honestly got it since it's a nice accessory for the Vita.

ryseing

ROCKET LEAGUE

ROCKET LEAGUE

ROCKET LEAGUE

The hype is well warranted for that game. So freaking great. Get Journey if you haven't played that and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is coming out Tuesday. Second Son is great if you get it for sub $20, of course Bloodborne, and I really loved AC4/Watch_Dogs if you're looking for multiplats. Type-0 HD maybe if you can find a copy that comes with Episode Duscae? Destiny might actually be getting good with Taken King and PS4 is the place to play it so keep an eye out.

On a completely different note, Borderlands 2 on the Vita TV is an unmitigated disaster. Bunch of input lag issues that I don't think were in the regular Vita version.

autoduelist

Need a little more to go on... but...

Bloodborne -- another From masterpiece.

Resogun -- defender for the modern age. beautiful, wonderful, arcade goodness.

Crimsonland -- not so pretty, but pure dual stick action

The Last of Us Remastered -- worth playing again, and if you haven't played at all, a must play.

Drive Club -- so pretty. takes getting used to, but worth the time.

NFS: Rivals -- not my favorite NFS but still quite good

Wolfenstein -- reminds you why FPS are fun

Infamous / First Light -- solid good times

there are plenty of others worth checking out too, like Diablo, musuo games, etc.

yaffi

I have CG, Legasista and The Guided Fate Paradox in my cart, but I'm not sure if I should buy all three or any at all.

Hikami

If you're still using your PS3, get The Guided Fate Paradox. $8 on PSN and really fuckin' good.
I bought this from the Golden week sale. Have only played like ~4 hours of it since then due to lack of time but yeah, I'd recommend it as well.

VLiberty

Just realised that 2k also released Max Payne on iOS

If the only ios ports we're gonna get are Civ and Xcom this will be a fucking shame.

Prelude.

So there's a chance it might be on PSV after all? Color me surprised. Wonder how the sales will be split between the two versions if this is true.
If there is a Vita version Sony will boycott it so probably skewed toward the ps4 version.

That indie game that is set in Toronto, Actual Sunlight is out this Tuesday isn't it? I'd be pretty damn happy if I saw my street on there lol. I don't know what to expect from the game, whether it is open world or simply just tiny levels, but I'm excited to play it nonetheless. It's not every day that my city is the stage for a game.

bobohoro

Hopefully you got Rocket League from last month's Plus lineup. Had a PS4 for nearly 3 weeks now and that kept me from playing Bloodborne the whole time. And I was/still am seriously hyped for BB, but I just always get sucked into some matches with friends in the evening and end up playing way too long.

Driveclub is a solid racer, somewhere between Arcade and Sim, gets really good if you have a couple of friends to open up a club together.

The only other game I played until now was Samurai Warriors 4, which is a pretty good Musou game and the minor graphical upgrades in the next-gen version are nice.

If you did not own a PS3 then TLoU:R should be first on your list. DriveClub, Second Son and Wolfenstein are all great and look and feel very next gen. Avoid The Order. Consider KZ Shadow Fall if you really like single player shooters, but just go in knowing the story is undercooked. Get 3 months of PS+ just for Rocket League (and a discount on a purchase of the full version of DC).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's the reason why I haven't bought a PS4 yet, almost everything I'd like to play is either on Vita, not out yet, or on PC. I like what I've played of Bloodbourne, but not enough to buy a system.

RK128

That's the reason why I haven't bought a PS4 yet, almost everything I'd like to play is either on Vita, not out yet, or on PC. I like what I've played of Bloodbourne, but not enough to buy a system.

For me, it was the fact very little of the PS4 library held interest to me, so I was (and still am) content with playing stuff on my Vita and (for Persona 5) PS3 :).

I still plain on getting a PS4 (as next year has a lot of great stuff for the console like Ratchet, Nier 2, and many more :D!) but I am also considering picking up a X1 in the future as well. .....Gotta get Rare Replay, Killer Instinct and Battletoads in the future after all XD!

Producer

Same here, but getting the inferior versions of multiplats isnt gonna cut it much longer for me, especially if games run better on ps4 (for example Estival Versus at 60fps vs 30 for vita)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For me, it was the fact very little of the PS4 library held interest to me, so I was (and still am) content with playing stuff on my Vita and (for Persona 5) PS3 :).

I still plain on getting a PS4 (as next year has a lot of great stuff for the console like Ratchet, Nier 2, and many more :D!) but I am also considering picking up a X1 in the future as well. .....Gotta get Rare Replay, Killer Instinct and Battletoads in the future after all XD!

Rare replay and Killer Instinct are the only BONE games that I have any interest for. I still might buy one tomorrow because of the insane Best Buy deal. Never thought I'd own a BONE before a PS4 but if they're going to practically give it away....

RK128

Rare replay and Killer Instinct are the only BONE games that I have any interest for. I still might buy one tomorrow because of the insane Best Buy deal. Never thought I'd own a BONE before a PS4 but if they're going to practically give it away....

I didn't know about that Bust Buy deal.....still plain on getting a PS4 first but will jump at a X1 the moment they announce more games Rare has in the works early next year :).

Really happy Microsoft is giving them more freedom and respect than in the past :'). Massive difference in comparison to the late 360 era where concept after concept was scrapped due to them wanting them to only make 'family friendly' games and work on stupid Kinect X(. Link to the scrapped/canceled games for reference :'(. 16+ pages of scrapped games......what a shame man :'(.

Prelude.

Same here, but getting the inferior versions of multiplats isnt gonna cut it much longer for me, especially if games run better on ps4 (for example Estival Versus at 60fps vs 30 for vita)
Most multiplats look better on Vita since they're first and foremost Vita games so that's not really a problem.

RK128

Most multiplats look better on Vita since they're first and foremost Vita games so that's not really a problem.

Very good point and the fact they are Vita games first and foremost ensures developers making the game that it runs well on the Vita and it takes advantage of its hardware well (a lot of JP developed games seem to be native res, if stuff like the Hyperdimension games and Tales of Hearts R are any indication :D).

I love my VIta but no
Higher resolution + higher framerate will always look better. Especially when we're talking about EV.
Vita has advantages but that isn't one

Prelude.

I love my VIta but no
Higher resolution + higher framerate will always look better. Especially when we're talking about EV.
Vita has advantages but that isn't one
I was talking in general, most games do look better on the Vita.
Cyber Sleuth is literally a 1:1 port and it looks like trash on ps4, for example.

RK128

If anything it looks identical. I don't see how it looks like trash when it's literally the same game

I recall Bamco releasing PS4 screenshots after the announcement of the games Vita localization and its PS4 port, with the screenshots looking quite nice; the game has a great art-style and look that really pops in the PS4 screens.

The Vita version will look fantastic too (as it was built in-mind for the platform originally) but that doesn't mean the PS4 version will look bad, as it could look really great too :D.

If your commenting on the quality of Bamco's Vita to PS4 ports, then I would say that its been mixed; stuff like Jump Stars Vs. (the PS4 version looks/runs worse then the PS3/Vita versions) and SAO Re:Hollow Fragment (the PS4 version improves on elements in the Vita build, with a higher frame rate and some texture improvements).

They are getting better at making Vita to PS4 ports, so once Lost Song launches, we will have a better idea if Digimon will have a good PS4 port :).

Prelude.

If anything it looks identical. I don't see how it looks like trash when it's literally the same game
Because higher dpi+smaller screen=better looking if everything is the same.
It looks absolutely horrible in 1080p while it's a thing of beauty on Vita, we have screenshots, look at them.

Its only Bamco's shitty rushed ports that look bad on ps4. Every other multiplat either looks and/or performs better on PS4.
Akiba's Trip is the same.

Top Bottom