• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Shun

Anyone play Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth? How is the gameplay and everything?

I mean I can sorta trust Media Vision, I fucking LOVED Valkyria 3 EX and I enjoyed Shining Blade/Ark.

But like 8 months ago after Shining Resonance I got so fucking burnt out that I couldn't really enjoy it. Shining Resonance might be an outlier, but I've been sorta soured right now and I need to get in the right mind before I go and buy another one of their games.

Maybe Media Vision just sucks at Action RPGs and are better with Turn based, I just want to be reassured (´;д;`)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Anyone play Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth? How is the gameplay and everything?

I mean I can sorta trust Media Vision, I fucking LOVED Valkyria 3 EX and I enjoyed Shining Blade/Ark.

But like 8 months ago after Shining Resonance I got so fucking burnt out that I couldn't really enjoy it. Shining Resonance might be an outlier, but I've been sorta soured right now and I need to get in the right mind before I go and buy another one of their games.

Maybe Media Vision just sucks at Action RPGs and are better with Turn based, I just want to be reassured (´;д;`)

Its a good digimon game, just easy difficulty wise. looks great also and has good music.

Shun

Its a good digimon game, just easy difficulty wise. looks great also and has good music.

At first glance it reminds me most of Digimon World 3 with the whole following and random encounter. I am guessing it is similar to that game, just more streamlined and modernized with a 3v3 battle. Hopefully getting new chou/kyukyoku shinka and digimon aren't tied to a dumb quest and requirement anymore.

Parakeetman do you have any recommendations for challenging Vita game, maybe more challenging Experience one? I don't trust some of my purchase anymore (fate/hollow ataraxia, freedom war).

Parakeetman

At first glance it reminds me most of Digimon World 3 with the whole following and random encounter. I am guessing it is similar to that game, just more streamlined and modernized with a 3v3 battle. Hopefully getting new chou/kyukyoku shinka and digimon aren't tied to a dumb quest and requirement anymore.

Parakeetman do you have any recommendations for challenging Vita game, maybe more challenging Experience one? I don't trust some of my purchase anymore (fate/hollow ataraxia, freedom war).

Right now nothing localized at the moment unfortunately. Wouldnt suggest Natural Doctrine either, since while its challenging, its most def not a title for everyone and the game is way too bare bones with everything else.

Since Stranger of Sword City isnt out yet, that game is indeed a lot more challenging, but being able to read the text in it would be important so holding off for the localization is better.

Outside of that there is nothing that is really all that difficult on the Vita.

An enjoyable title would be the Trials of Cold Steel games when they come out.

Shun

Right now nothing localized at the moment unfortunately. Wouldnt suggest Natural Doctrine either, since while its challenging, its most def not a title for everyone and the game is way too bare bones with everything else.

Since Stranger of Sword City isnt out yet, that game is indeed a lot more challenging, but being able to read the text in it would be important so holding off for the localization is better.

Outside of that there is nothing that is really all that difficult on the Vita.

An enjoyable title would be the Trials of Cold Steel games when they come out.

JP game is non issue for me. After finishing Nova and Rage Burst I've been needing something to fill out my Vita until more God Eater and Xanadu.

I really appreciate the recommendation. I guess I look into Sword City then since I feel wary about Ray Gigant after seeing impression or balance and difficulty despite being excited for it.

though might try Gust game haven't play one yet. maybe Ar no Surge or Atelier before Yoru no Nai Kuni.

Parakeetman

JP game is non issue for me. After finishing Nova and Rage Burst I've been needing something to fill out my Vita until more God Eater and Xanadu.

I really appreciate the recommendation. I guess I look into Sword City then since I feel wary about Ray Gigant after seeing impression or balance and difficulty despite being excited for it.

though might try Gust game haven't play one yet. maybe Ar no Surge or Atelier before Yoru no Nai Kuni.

The atlier games are always enjoyable. Though some folks dont like that whole crafting aspect along with the time limits of the older games.

Yeah Ray Gigant, isnt too difficult and there are some issues with the gameplay mechanics. But asides from that the story and characters make it enjoyable enough to play.

Also the recently released Luminous Arc Infinity is getting a lot of positive press. I have not had a chance to go through mine yet though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zTYO_8rS8g

Its too bad its no longer possible to get the super difficulty item for SoSC as it was a limited time only thing from a different game website promotion. Makes the title insanely hard with some of the bosses lol.

Heres the digimon OT also
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1008664

You can get a lot of general impressions from digimon fans in there.

SerTapTap

Man, N++ is just sublime. I haven't played the single-player game yet, but I spent probably 1.5h playing co-op with a good friend this evening. It was fantastic. We cheered and laughed and screamed in frustration, but ultimately just good fun.

N++ is a masterpiece of polish. The visuals look SO much better than the earlier games even though in a way they haven't changed much, so much content and there's always a different level to try if you're stuck, specially designed co op and race levels instead of reusing single player content, so crazy much music and lots of great color palettes. I'm sure I'll hit a skill cap hard and definitely won't go all gold but it's an amazing show of what you can do with a game at the peak of polish.

NISA still sends out codes too, but they started this thing with carts in addition to those. For Operation Abyss it seemed to make more sense because the preview cart was sent out 2 months ahead of release (with typical review code coming later) where in this case it seems a bit more awkward considering the game it out in 3 weeks.

Bandai Namco US tends to send out actual /retail/ copies (for smaller review sites anyway), which I've always found kinda weird.

Huh, weird. Also maybe that's why Bamco ignored me. Who has what standards is really confusing sometimes. Makes me jealous of people who have PR people to deal with this crap instead.

RK128

*Cries tears of blood*. He. Hehehe. Hehehehehehe. I LOVE AMBIGUOUS THREAD TITLES. I did it to myself lol.

I'm sorry you got upset :'(. I would feel bad too if a game I was looking forward to was coming over, but instead it was coming in a language I had no idea how to read X(.

Still have hope the games will come over (Resurrection coming early 2016 with 2: Rage Burst coming Summer 2016/Fall 2016) in the US/EU though :).

The atlier games are always enjoyable. Though some folks dont like that whole crafting aspect along with the time limits of the older games.

Yeah Ray Gigant, isnt too difficult and there are some issues with the gameplay mechanics. But asides from that the story and characters make it enjoyable enough to play.

Also the recently released Luminous Arc Infinity is getting a lot of positive press. I have not had a chance to go through mine yet though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zTYO_8rS8g

Its too bad its no longer possible to get the super difficulty item for SoSC as it was a limited time only thing from a different game website promotion. Makes the title insanely hard with some of the bosses lol.

Heres the digimon OT also
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1008664

You can get a lot of general impressions from digimon fans in there.

Really like Luminous Arc after seeing that gameplay :). The animations look really polished, the game has this bright look to it and the SRPG elements look promising. Will keep an eye on this game going forward :).

Ahhhhh. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture is this week!? I might have to grab that. That's another $20 game, right? These things are getting too expensive.

Cheaper with pre-order, but this is one of those games where I have to wait for impressions before I even consider it

I have been burned by "walking simulators" one time too many

N° 2048

Cheaper with pre-order, but this is one of those games where I have to wait for impressions before I even consider it

I have been burned by "walking simulators" one time too many

Yea, also hard to choose to pre order since the devs released the not so good (IMO) Amensia but Dear Esther was amazing.

Arthos

Thanks for the PS4 game suggestions, everyone! I ended up picking up Bloodborne, Rocket League (PS+), TLoUR, and am waiting for Infamous to lower in price. I regret not "buying" First Light when it was a PS+ freebie. I'll probably pick it up soon. Drive Club I might get as well though Project Cars looks nice as well. Which one is better?

I'm thinking of getting DBZ: Xenoverse. Worth picking up?

And I'll get Onechanbara... eventually.

Feel free to add me, PS4 and Vita peeps: luxuriasin

Tizoc

Thanks for the PS4 game suggestions, everyone! I ended up picking up Bloodborne, Rocket League (PS+), TLoUR, and am waiting for Infamous to lower in price. I regret not "buying" First Light when it was a PS+ freebie. I'll probably pick it up soon. Drive Club I might get as well though Project Cars looks nice as well. Which one is better?

I'm thinking of getting DBZ: Xenoverse. Worth picking up?

And I'll get Onechanbara... eventually.

Feel free to add me, PS4 and Vita peeps: luxuriasin

Xenoverse is great, your character can be voiced by GHOST NAPPA.

Also don't sleep out on Tembo the Badass Elephant.

Garraboa

From the Danganronpa community thread:

Hnnnggh. It's like last year all over again. All august watching reviewers enjoy DR. With some luck, my LE should arrive before all postmen decide to take their prolonged "vacation" due to Independence Day :p

And I just took the plunge on IA. My Vita's been a bit neglected since I plat'ed PDF2nd, but I hope I can make some tome for it in the following weeks.

Hikami

Trails in the Sky SC has been delayed, no longer hitting the Summer release window.
D30bdva.jpg

Parakeetman

Not surprising considering the amount of work that would be involved with the title. Must better doing that than releasing something shoddy which would have an effect on the overall title itself.

Most def is a series that deserves to be done right, not like theres a shortage of games anyways while waiting.

RK128

Got the Mega Man games and Punny 2 from the latest sale and I'm looking forward to playing the Mega Man games using the Vita D-Pad :D!

But I have 5.59 left in my account and I don't know what to get with it, so any advice would be nice of you guys :).

hawk2025

Got the Mega Man games and Punny 2 from the latest sale and I'm looking forward to playing the Mega Man games using the Vita D-Pad :D!

But I have 5.59 left in my account and I don't know what to get with it, so any advice would be nice of you guys :).

Is Prinny downloadable directly to the Vita, or does it require a PS3?

Vylash

Life Is Strange episode 1

autoduelist

Just completed my first 'full' game of Flame Over (starting at 1-1, beating the game).

HOLY FIRE BALLS. I haven't had Vita claws in a long time... I can barely move my hands after that hectic game. I'm typing with one finger now, using my entire hand to guide it, because my fingers need a day to recover.

Highly recommend this game -- give it enough time to click. The gameplay is really well designed, and it stays interesting throughout.

One of the trophies requires pretty much a 'perfect game' (all people and cats saved, all side missions completed) which means I have my work cut out for me.

never leaving my vita, it is like someone took the heart of spelunky and made me a dual stick shooter, which is exactly what i wanted (my dislike of platforming hurts my enjoyment of spelunky).

Ventara

Just picked up the following games from the summer sale.

Cladun: This is an RPG
Cladun x2
Phantom Brave
Disgaea Infinite
Prinny
Prinny 2

All for $15. Is that a great deal or is that a great deal? For real, $15 for 6 amazing games is crazy good. That's Steam-level sale prices. Even though I have them in physical format, I just couldn't say no to such a great deal. Looking forward to re/playing them on my vita.

Also considering getting Legasista and Guided Fate Paradox. Good prices, but I haven't played on my PS3 for quite some time. There's also Pier Solar which is getting a Vita cross-buy version, but I have that on Steam. Hmmm.

autoduelist

Cladun x2
Phantom Brave
Disgaea Infinite
Prinny
Prinny 2

All for $15. Is that a great deal or is that a great deal? For real, $15 for 6 amazing games is crazy good. That's Steam-level sale prices. Even though I have them in physical format, I just couldn't say no to such a great deal. Looking forward to re/playing them on my vita.

Also considering getting Legasista and Guided Fate Paradox. Good prices, but I haven't played on my PS3 for quite some time. There's also Pier Solar which is getting a Vita cross-buy version, but I have that on Steam. Hmmm.

Nice haul. I finally got the Cladun games off my wishlist, and double dipped on Phantom Brave (own it on ps2). Skipping DI because it's a VN, and skipping prinny's because they're platformers (even though i sort of want them).

Also grabbed Shinobido, Criminal Girls, King Oddball, Z-run, OMG zombies, gravity crush ultra...

$38.30 this week. Yikes.

Last week was Boss!, Flame Over, tetris, Breach & Clear, puddle, and rock boshers dx for 17.95... so the Summer Sale hit me firmly in the wallet.

Last week was really good though -- i played B&C on pc and am having a blast replaying on vita, flame over is awesome, and tetris is tetris.

I'm particularly happy to take some PSP games off my wishlist, since those sales seem so rare. and Cladun! I thought C2 was taken off the store and I'd never get it!

Parakeetman

Cladun x2
Phantom Brave
Disgaea Infinite
Prinny
Prinny 2

Guided Fate Paradox great game with fantastic music.

RK128

Cladun x2
Phantom Brave
Disgaea Infinite
Prinny
Prinny 2

Glad you got such a great deal :D! Got all the PS1 Mega Man games and Prinny 2, so I have 5.59 left to spend :).

Out of all those games you got, which ones are the best? If you can answer, that would be really cool of you :D.

AsfaeksBR

Still undecided between The Phantom Pain and Mad Max. Both seems extremely fun and long lasting, which makes it even harder to decide.

Sign: When I wrote "which", it auto-corrected to Chico. Does that mean I gotta get TPP?

Shizuka

Still undecided between The Phantom Pain and Mad Max. Both seems extremely fun and long lasting, which makes it even harder to decide.

Sign: When I wrote "which", it auto-corrected to Chico. Does that mean I gotta get TPP?

Danganronpa: Another Episode.

RK128

It really depends if you played past MGS games; if you never played them before, you will have no idea what is going on story wise :l. With Mad Max, it takes elements from the recent movie, but its story is completely original and its gameplay looks very inviting.

Both are great picks, but I would lean on Mad Max more if you never played past MGS games :).

Ventara

Glad you got such a great deal :D! Got all the PS1 Mega Man games and Prinny 2, so I have 5.59 left to spend :).

Out of all those games you got, which ones are the best? If you can answer, that would be really cool of you :D.

Have you played Disgaea (or even watched the anime)? If so, and if you enjoy VNs, I'd definitely recommend Disgaea Infinite. It has characters from multiple games in it, but I had only played Disgaea 1 and was just fine. It has the same humour of the mainline Disgaea games with a unique twist to the VN genre. It's not too long, but it has multiple endings, so you're definitely getting your money's worth.

I haven't played Cladun, but it looks fun, and its OST alone is worth it, imo. Give this and this a listen. Those aren't even the best songs. I can't seem to find "You're a Treasure" on youtube.

Edit: Okay, found it. I remember thinking of getting the OST when it came out, though I ended up passing. Maybe I'll see if it's dropped in price/still available.

AsfaeksBR

Danganronpa: Another Episode.

Vita's itch has passed. Will get later
on sale

It really depends if you played past MGS games; if you never played them before, you will have no idea what is going on story wise :l. With Mad Max, it takes elements from the recent movie, but its story is completely original and its gameplay looks very inviting.

Both are great picks, but I would lean on Mad Max more if you never played past MGS games :).

Played'em all, finished'em all, loved'em all. But I don't know, something tells me it's too much content to enjoy with the little time I have. Really on the fence about it.

RK128

Have you played Disgaea (or even watched the anime)? If so, and if you enjoy VNs, I'd definitely recommend Disgaea Infinite. It has characters from multiple games in it, but I had only played Disgaea 1 and was just fine. It has the same humour of the mainline Disgaea games with a unique twist to the VN genre. It's not too long, but it has multiple endings, so you're definitely getting your money's worth.

I haven't played Cladun, but it looks fun, and its OST alone is worth it, imo. Give this and this a listen. Those aren't even the best songs. I can't seem to find "You're a Treasure" on youtube.

Edit: Okay, found it. I remember thinking of getting the OST when it came out, though I ended up passing. Maybe I'll see if it's dropped in price/still available.

Wow at that Caldun track you posted in the edit O_O! It sounds fantastic and I look forward to listening to the games other tracks. Ended up getting that and Disgaea Infinite. The former should be great retro fun (saw gameplay of the sequel and it reminded me of top-down Zelda) while the latter should be an interesting experience.

Thanks for the advice and I'm excited to try these games out :D.

Trails in the Sky SC has been delayed, no longer hitting the Summer release window.

I have pretty much forgotten most of the plot for FC already... And I am not willing to play it again, as good as it was. It's too much of a time investment. At this point I'm waiting for Cold Steel since that starts something something new. I wonder if even that will be coming this year though.

TOTP: Buy Danganronpa 1+2, and finish them in 20 days. Then buy Danganronpa Another Episode the next day and be a cool kid like the rest of us.

RK128

I have pretty much forgotten most of the plot for FC already... And I am not willing to play it again, as good as it was. It's too much of a time investment. At this point I'm waiting for Cold Steel since that starts something something new. I wonder if even that will be coming this year though.

TOTP: Buy Danganronpa 1+2, and finish them in 20 days. Then buy Danganronpa Another Episode the next day and be a cool kid like the rest of us.

But I already got the Mega Man PS1 games and other games from the sale X(.

I will get the Danganronpa games (all of them; 1, 2 and Another Episode) this fall alongside Ar No Surge Plus and one of the Ateler games, so I won't be that far behind you guys XD.

RK128

Played'em all, finished'em all, loved'em all. But I don't know, something tells me it's too much content to enjoy with the little time I have. Really on the fence about it.

Okay, then get Phantom Pain then :). You won't be behind with the story, can celebrate Kojima's final MGS game and have fun with its large world :D.

Mad Max will be a great game too, so no matter what you chose, you will be happy :).

Top Bottom