• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm hoping that this means that bringing the game overseas is easier due to lower costs, rather than them not bringing it at all because of the lower sales. I want to see this game come over.

The problem as had mentioned in other threads is the 3 licensed songs, by 3 different artists that are used for each of the 3 main protagonists openings. So depending on what the licensing is for those songs, might put a hitch in things depending.

http://raygigant.bngames.net/special/themesong.html

The problem as had mentioned in other threads is the 3 licensed songs, by 3 different artists that are used for each of the 3 main protagonists openings. So depending on what the licensing is for those songs, might put a hitch in things depending.

At least it's only 3 but yeah that may definitely slow things down, or even put a complete stop to its localization. We are a niche audience after all, if those 3 cost too much, even if the game itself is cheap, I could totally see them simply skipping on bringing it. Hopefully Bamco or NISA step up and acquire the rights. Speaking of the latter, I too have been waiting to see what their 2016 line up is.

Parakeetman

At least it's only 3 but yeah that may definitely slow things down, or even put a complete stop to its localization. We are a niche audience after all, if those 3 cost too much, even if the game itself is cheap, I could totally see them simply skipping on bringing it. Hopefully Bamco or NISA step up and acquire the rights. Speaking of the latter, I too have been waiting to see what their 2016 line up is.

Would be far easier if Bandai Namco was to do it themselves, rather than trying to have NISA deal with it. It would be a shame if it is not brought over. Though seeing how Bandai Namco most def is more interested in the Western market with their general business strategy this gen, perhaps this will eventually make its way over also. Just will have to wait and see.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with waking up their PS4 to download games remotely?

I usually add the new PS+ games via the web PS Store and add them remotely to the PS4 download list. The PS4 is then supposed to wake up instantly and download&install these games during Rest mode.

Since about a month this doesn't work anymore for me. Only once I turn on the PS4 manually it will add the games to the download list. This sucks because I expect them to be already ready to play before I come home from work...

Other Rest mode stuff like suspend, savegame upload and patch downloads still work as usual.

I didn't change any of the settings but still made sure everything is checked in the PS4 settings. Still, nothing :(

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So can anyone who has the Asian English Vita versions of Final Fantasy X and X-2 tell me if the confirm button is X or O? I've been thinking of importing those but I'd like to know before I make my decision.

Tapejara

Why are the Mega Man PSOne Classics all in Japanese? Is it a similar situation to Tomba 2 where only the license for the Japanese version was available, or did the original PSOne versions never release outside of Japan?

RK128

Why are the Mega Man PSOne Classics all in Japanese? Is it a similar situation to Tomba 2 where only the license for the Japanese version was available, or did the original PSOne versions never release outside of Japan?

Those are interesting, as while the PS1 versions never came out in US/EU, they DID come out in US/EU through the Anniversary Collection on PS2/Xbox/GC years back.

But no, they never came out in US/EU as single-disk games, so their JP PSN version is the only versions of the Mega Man Classic series (alongside Mega Man 8) playable on the Vita.

Tapejara

Those are interesting, as while the PS1 versions never came out in US/EU, they DID come out in US/EU through the Anniversary Collection on PS2/Xbox/GC years back.

But no, they never came out in US/EU as single-disk games, so their JP PSN version is the only versions of the Mega Man Classic series (alongside Mega Man 8) playable on the Vita.

Ah okay. Thanks for the info, RK :).

mothball

not sure that's how flowcharts work

that omega thread went exactly the way i thought it would though
the juxtaposition is just especially amusing to me since yesterday i stumbled upon the twitter of a middle aged mom who was happy she finished the postgame of a game that can't be discussed on the nexus of hardcore gamers, and today i'm met with another reveal thread where the game takes a backseat to men being offended for women

now i know what The Grim Heaper meant

Vylash

not sure that's how flowcharts work

that omega thread went exactly the way i thought it would though
the juxtaposition is just especially amusing to me since yesterday i stumbled upon the twitter of a middle aged mom who was happy she finished the postgame of a game that can't be discussed on the nexus of hardcore gamers, and today i'm met with another reveal thread where the game takes a backseat to men being offended for women

now i know what The Grim Heaper meant
I really wish people would stop making threads for thoae kinds of games, they don't serve any real purpose except for giving people who think they're funny an opportunity to shitpost, and the concern trolling is tiring

Yasumi

Banned
I really wish people would stop making threads for thoae kinds of games, they don't serve any real purpose except for giving people who think they're funny an opportunity to shitpost, and the concern trolling is tiring
I don't. The threads bring positive awareness to incredibly niche games. There's no real reason why we shouldn't be able to discuss them.

I don't really give a shit if somebody gets offended, people get offended at things all the time. If they're being disruptive, so be it, they'll be dealt with. Besides, this place would be boring as hell if it was all just safe mass demographic game discussion and CEO gifs.

JJP12

I don't. The threads bring positive awareness to incredibly niche games. There's no real reason why we shouldn't be able to discuss them.

I don't really give a shit if somebody gets offended, people get offended at things all the time. If they're being disruptive, so be it, they'll be dealt with. Besides, this place would be boring as hell if it was all just safe mass demographic game discussion and CEO gifs.

This is how I feel. It's like that Kanye West song Good Life, "if they hate then let em hate and watch the Vita games pile up, the good life."

Ok he said money but I'm sure he loves the vita

Not knowing much here, but couldn't they like just drop the songs or replace them with some non licensed songs?

Hikami

Replayed Danganronpa 2 and got the platinum.
CLs4cDkUcAIGvNV.jpg
I'm so ready for Another Episode.

Hikami

I got that Platinum earlier this year, I still have nightmare because of the stupid Usami/Monomi minigame BS.
Yeah that one took me the longest to get because of the rng bs and being able to get stuff you already have. Managed to not go crazy by taking breaks though.

Parakeetman

The problem is, it is the disruptive ones which get games banned more so than those actually discussing said title.

When I searched for Eiyuu Senki news a while ago I found the JP announcement thread from 2012/2013 on NeoGAF. Not going to link it, you can find it yourself if you want (icecream alert)

GAF was a very different place back then lol. The fuck happened

GAF became more secular after Gamergate, whether you admit it or not. Sex in videogames became a battleground, where every single thing is scrutinized now. Its easier to became "outraged" nowadays than voicing your opinions, as doing the latter will guarantee a dogpiling from all directions.

Shengar

GAF became more american leftist liberal after Gamergate, whether you admit it or not. Sex in videogames became a battleground, where every single thing is scrutinized now. Its easier to became "outraged" nowadays than voicing your opinions, as doing the latter will guarantee a dogpiling from all directions.

FTFY

Saphirax

I still didn't play the first one (it's supposed to come out at the end of this month in Europe) but I'm not that sold. I've only read bad things about it, anyone that liked it in here?

It's coming out in EU? News to me! But yeah, I heard it was mediocre at best.

SerTapTap

Replayed Danganronpa 2 and got the platinum.
I'm so ready for Another Episode.

You are far more patient than I. I peaced out after beating monomi game once and all the relationship stuff. Screw the trip tickets and equipment drops. I HATE when devs just add shit clearly designed to make the platinum trophy take an extra 10 hours with zero motivation beyond "trophy". Japanese devs seem really bad at this.

Maybe if you add fucking move support to the light gun game you idiots

When I searched for Eiyuu Senki news a while ago I found the JP announcement thread from 2012/2013 on NeoGAF. Not going to link it, you can find it yourself if you want (icecream alert)

Idiocy happened, I dunno. Kinda surprised Senran Kagura is still safe

Phototropic

Neo Member
I still didn't play the first one (it's supposed to come out at the end of this month in Europe) but I'm not that sold. I've only read bad things about it, anyone that liked it in here?
Kind of? I didn't love the story, but I thought the characters and art were interesting enough that I will probably play the new one once it goes on sale.

SerTapTap

If I made a Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive OT would anyone use it? The launch is kind of a disaster but the game is good.
I mostly just need people to play co op with

bobawesome

Amiami had the Crystal Box for IA/VT for 8400 yen this morning and now it's gone. Sigh. Time to reach deep into my pockets and prepare to pay way more.

RK128

Downloaded Steatlh Inc. 2 and the MGS Collection (2 and 3) to my Vita after getting the normal ending in ReBirth 2...and I have to say, really like the direction they went with Stealth Inc. 2 :).

It mixes the open world exploration of a Metroidvanna with the bite-size levels you got with the original game. You also get gadgets to help you out (didn't get any yet so far) and I look forward to see how they expand the exploration in the Metroidvanna sections of the game :). Overall a great game for Plus owners and I'm glad it landed on the service :D.

Didn't play the MGS Collection yet but I plan on doing so this weekend (want to devote some time today and tomorrow to studying.....got a big test on the 20th and I have to start studying soon X().

Heard a lot about the Rare Replay collection and wow.....what a great deal :D. You get 30 games from Rare's back catalog, a number of them getting some great additions (Jet Force Gemini getting a modern control patch today, the Amega/NES games having the rewind feature making Battetoads much more manageable, the 360 games/XBLA remasters of a few N64 games (Banjo 1 and 2, Perfect Dark, Jet Pack Re-Fuled) look to run solidly and one of Rare's 'worst' games (Grabbed by the Goulies) got the full remaster treatment (1080p/60FPS).

Granted, heard that the collection has a few issues with emulation and what not but Rare was quick in releasing the Jet Force control patch, so I hope the latest by late August everything wrong is resolved :).

The collection having all kinds of information on the (sadly X'() scrapped games they worked on during the Xbox/360 era and behind the scenes stuff is really well done too.

Great collection that has me considering buying a X1 just for Rare Replay, Killer Instinct and Sea of Thieves (with Sunset Overdrive being a fantastic bonus :D). Still plan on getting a PS4 (the free game with Plus is too good plus I want to get a number of PS4 exclusives and JP titles), but the Rare content and Microsoft treating them with respect again after years of forcing them on the Kinect has to be rewarded somehow :').

Sorry about talking Xbox in a PlayStation thread but I love Rare's past work and its great seeing it celebrated again :').

Prelude.

It's coming out in EU? News to me! But yeah, I heard it was mediocre at best.
It should. It's been delayed once already. And it's also £30 so, yeah.

Maybe if you add fucking move support to the light gun game you idiots
But no one had used the Move, apparently.

Kind of? I didn't love the story, but I thought the characters and art were interesting enough that I will probably play the new one once it goes on sale.
You didn't love it because it's boring or just bad?

If I made a Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive OT would anyone use it? The launch is kind of a disaster but the game is good.
I mostly just need people to play co op with
You might use the Vita thread at this point. Is it crossplay?

Which of the Disgaea games on-sale should I get? Don't have any of them, but like SRPG games like Tactics Ogre, Vandal Hearts, FFT, ...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's normal.
Don't use gamestop though.

I never go to gamestop, but i was there so why not entering? It had a (slightly)bigger variety of vita games than the shops i usually visit(and they don't have many vita games)... :\

SerTapTap

Which of the Disgaea games on-sale should I get? Don't have any of them, but like SRPG games like Tactics Ogre, Vandal Hearts, FFT, ...

Hard to say, 1 is easily the best story/character wise, 2 probably has the worst mix in general--awkward postgame stuff (felony levels?!), story isn't great (it includes Etna and Laharl but in a pretty lame way IMO--
the forced lost near the end is super lame
), Disgaea 3 is a big shake up of systems but pretty solid IMO (no weapon level, I HATE weapon level), Disgaea 4 has some extra new systems that IMO add little and getting to much postgame content is an RNG shitshow. D2 has a bland story but some of the best grind-reduction features in the series.

My recommendations would be 1,3, D2, they're all worth playing but those are the best mixes for my money. They all play decently enough for a story playthrough, it's usually postgame where the flaws/perks come into play. Also, the later games have (mostly) superior generic class variety. Disgaea 1 has the best Angels though. So evil. PRAY. REPENT. DIE.

Play the PSP/Vita versions where available. More features, more content, and a lot of DLC from the prior games is now free in them. D2 has no Vita version.

If you mean the side games, the Prinny games are fun but hard as hell, and the final bosses are SERIOUS roadblocks. I only beat prinny 1 because of the Prinny Raid (which you earn by losing 1000 lives...just leave your game on in a boss fight for like 3 hours). Prinny 2 is more manageable due to the super easy mode (which is still fairly hard). Disgaea infinite is a visual novel or something, I bought it in the sale but can't comment on quality.

SerTapTap

You might use the Vita thread at this point. Is it crossplay?

No, it's an enhanced port so it wouldn't really work. I like the changes in the PS4 version, but full cross play between PC/Vita/PS4 would have been amazing and cross save would have been welcome. It's rather unfortunate the improvements (and...changes) came at the cost of cross play/buy/save

But no one had used the Move, apparently.

Move is actually pretty great hardware though, and (mostly) works without the light tracking. ...and the PS3 version had it. It's a real shame it's not included, I didn't even bother playing the demo once I found my move didn't work. Maybe once Morpheus hits we'll get proper light gun games again.

Top Bottom