• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Tohsaka

I have pretty much forgotten most of the plot for FC already... And I am not willing to play it again, as good as it was. It's too much of a time investment. At this point I'm waiting for Cold Steel since that starts something something new. I wonder if even that will be coming this year though.

TOTP: Buy Danganronpa 1+2, and finish them in 20 days. Then buy Danganronpa Another Episode the next day and be a cool kid like the rest of us.

Yeah, I've forgotten pretty much all of FC at this point, I played it years ago. I recently played through the Gagharv trilogy back to back, and it was pretty good overall.

Yeah, I've forgotten pretty much all of FC at this point, I played it years ago. I recently played through the Gagharv trilogy back to back, and it was pretty good overall.

I'm going to replay FC whenever they give us a release date for SC to have it fresh in my mind.

RK128

Trails in the Sky SC has been delayed, no longer hitting the Summer release window.

I guess it will come in-between or after the release of the second Trails of Cold Steam game early next year I suppose then.....

Considering Trails of Cold Steel is coming this fall, that isn't the worst news to hear honestly; the game is still coming to Vita and they want to ensure that its translation/gameplay elements/ect are perfectly polished :).

Looking forward to starting that series too this fall/early next year.

Man, between Dangrompa, Ar No Surge, the Alter games, SAO: Lost Song and the Trails of series.....I'm going to be very busy playing games on Vita for the next few months XD!

RK128

Man, I'm surprised at this one XD!

Got Cladun: This is an RPG (it was 2 bucks), a game part of the recent PSN sale and man, is it fun :).

It is a mix of top-down Zelda like action with some RPG elements (leveling up, finding new weapons, ect). It has a great look to it and I love its soundtrack so far :D.

The game is also very funny as well. Highly recommend the game while its 2 bucks :).

Interested in Space Hulk as turn based board game but not a Warhammer fan. Played that PS3 game and found the lore a little much that took itself a little too serious for space orcs. Thoughts?

RK128

After looking over my purchases from the sale today, I'm surprised I got that many games for 20 bucks XD!

-Mega Man
-Mega Man 2
-Mega Man 3
-Mega Man 4
-Mega Man 8
-Prinny 2
-Disgaea Infinite.
-Cladun: This is an RPG

Really nice line up of games and it feels nice knowing a significant chunk of Mega Man games can be played on the Vita XD. Mega Man 1-4, Mega Man 8, Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X, Mega Man X4 and X5, Misadventures of Tron Bonne; and this is just for US-only accounts (JP can play MM5-6 and Legends 1 and 2 as well).

And after learning that the MM Classic games are mostly solid ports (MM2 has bad slowdown during Heat Mans stage at one point), I look forward to beating the games throughout the week :).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really don't find the Rockman PSX ports up to snuff, but then again when you have five+ versions of the game you're allowed to nitpick.

RK128

I really don't find the Rockman PSX ports up to snuff, but then again when you have five+ versions of the game you're allowed to nitpick.

Very good point XD!

Between the upcoming Legacy Collection on PS4 (plan to get a PS4 this fall) and 3DS alongside the E-Shop versions of Mega Man 1-6 on 3DS, I have a few ways to play the series :).

And besides, with the PS1 versions being as cheap as they currently are, you are paying half the cost you would pay for the 3DS NES versions of the games (through those have better performance thanks to solid emulation).

omg_mjd

Man, I'm surprised at this one XD!

Got Cladun: This is an RPG (it was 2 bucks), a game part of the recent PSN sale and man, is it fun :).

It is a mix of top-down Zelda like action with some RPG elements (leveling up, finding new weapons, ect). It has a great look to it and I love its soundtrack so far :D.

The game is also very funny as well. Highly recommend the game while its 2 bucks :).

Check out ClaDun x2 while it's also on sale. I haven't played the first game so I don't know what's new but x2 is also pretty good and I can't remember the last time it was on sale (I'd know--it's been on my PSP wishlist forever).

RK128

Check out ClaDun x2 while it's also on sale. I haven't played the first game so I don't know what's new but x2 is also pretty good and I can't remember the last time it was on sale (I'd know--it's been on my PSP wishlist forever).

Ran out of funds though X(.

Will get the game for sure when I beat the first one though :).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Very good point XD!

Between the upcoming Legacy Collection on PS4 (plan to get a PS4 this fall) and 3DS alongside the E-Shop versions of Mega Man 1-6 on 3DS, I have a few ways to play the series :).

And besides, with the PS1 versions being as cheap as they currently are, you are paying half the cost you would pay for the 3DS NES versions of the games (through those have better performance thanks to solid emulation).

Yeah, I love the games so much I gladly buy them over and over again. Might as well get them on PSN.

autoduelist

Picked up Pier Solar for whenever it comes out on vita since it's cross buy.

Debating getting some mega mans, but I've never played the ps+ ones I already have and I haven't played the series in forevers...

For anyone interested, Play asia has a sale on JP PSN Cash codes. 3K Yen is USD 28 for example.

The sale is literally $1 off. I bought 3k yen codes a while back for $29. Don't believe what they say is the "regular price"
Still my favourite place to buy JP PSN cash because its automated and the code just appears in your account instantly

Any North American (PSN account) VitaGAF regulars into fighting games and writing reviews? PM me.

Looking for thread regulars only, please. :)

quabba

Had $3.33 in my psn wallet so grabbed cladun x2. I'm becoming a bit of a sucker for sub $5 PSP games

Tizoc

The sale is literally $1 off. I bought 3k yen codes a while back for $29. Don't believe what they say is the "regular price"
Still my favourite place to buy JP PSN cash because its automated and the code just appears in your account instantly

How cheaper are the 5K Yen code?

How cheaper are the 5K Yen code?

Only $1-2 cheaper than what I've seen the last few weeks since I looked for JP PSN codes because of P4DAN.

Play-Asia wants $45 right now which is pretty much what everyone else is charging (Nippon Yasan: $46, Japan-Codes: $45). It's not some great deal or anything

SerTapTap

Okay, bubble shifting seems minor enough now that I've swapped my memory card back and forth a couple times between the PS TV and Vita. What seems to really screw it up is using a different memory card that also has some of the same games on it. Only change this last time is one folder bubble was oddly on it's own page instead of where I put it.

I started off with everything in folders, not sure if that helps but it seems like it might be.

I just bought both the Prinny games, heard they're fun :D

Love those games, final boss in prinny 1 (and the extra bosses) are crazy but I guess that's part of the appeal. I beat all times of day in all stages in both games but not exactly 100% otherwise. Plenty worth the asking price anyway

VLiberty

Lol Battle cars is the 2nd best selling ps3 game this month on psn. Seems like I wasn't the only one who bought that on the Rocket league hype.

Now that I have a decent connection, I should try the online.

Saphirax

Exist Archive new screenshots:

Exist-Archive-The-Other-Side-of-the-Sky_2015_08-10-15_010.png

Exist-Archive-The-Other-Side-of-the-Sky_2015_08-10-15_009.png_600.jpg

More new characters at http://gematsu.com/2015/08/exist-archive-screenshots-new-character-artwork

I'm digging some of these:D: some are a bit hilarious too.

maouvin

What're they wearing computer speakers for?

They didn't have the budget to animate their mouths, so the characters speak with their minds and the sound come out from those speakers.
(I didn't see if the other characters use speakers too, so don't hit me).

edit: they don't. Such a inconsistent clothing design. Scrap the "no budget" part, insert a "they don't talk because reasons" and all is fine.

Some good news - English recording for ToCS is going to be completed tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/630776694278889474

:D

Well I guess that's fine. But when we think that sometimes recordings can be done months prior to a game actually releasing (they still have to put the voices in, and do all the brush ups and stuff), it doesn't make me that optimistic. I could see this slipping away into December, or even 2016. They said the November date was tentative right?

Saphirax

Well I guess that's fine. But when we think that sometimes recordings can be done months prior to a game actually releasing (they still have to put the voices in, and do all the brush ups and stuff), it doesn't make me that optimistic. I could see this slipping away into December, or even 2016. They said the November date was tentative right?

Yeah, November is a placeholder. It may get a slight delay, but I doubt they'd delay it into 2016.

Ryan95

At this rate, I really hope it is December or Q12016 (considering NISA brings XSEED and Atlus titles over Europe about 2 months later than US release, the latter date is likelier for us), because if it was in November, I should postpone my purchase in favor of SAO Lost Song.

The perfect month for my schedule would've been October, but I think it's extremely difficult to have the game ready so soon for XSEED

autoduelist

Reminder that if you want to eventually get pier solar on vita, it'll be cross buy so get it now while on sale for ps3 or ps4. I bit the bullet, haven't tried it out though... waiting on vita version.

----

Just cleared the hardest Flame Over trophy. A couple more hard and easy ones, and the plat is mine. Favorite recent pick up.

---

Then I'll play some more 'small' games in preparation for DT2... though i'm not sure if i'm too burnt out from plat'ing OA last week to play DT2 right away... which is a shame, I'm really looking forward to it.

pariah164

I wonder if they're doing like TitS and recording VA for both games at the same time.
Probably. Delay is disappointing, but again, not really surprising. Hopefully it will be out before 2016, at least.

TotP: Buy whatever you want. Most recently, buy and play Lost Dimension.

Top Bottom