• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Xenoflare

It seemed decent enough mechanically, but the framerate on fields is real bad. I got distracted and never finished it

I finished all the endings of Drakengard 3 I think I'm adjusted to bad framerates.

From what I've seen Fairy Fencer looked like cheap fun, had that game on my radar for a while but I wasn't too hot about that $50 price tag.

Tohsaka

FFF was pretty enjoyable on PS3, aside from the framerate. I'll probably rebuy it on PS4, if there's enough new content.

I know a lot of literate TVL readers and Vita players reside in this thread, so I figured I'd let you guys know directly as well; The Vita Lounge is looking for a European region writer and details can be found here.

I would totally have played it on my Vita. On my Ps3 though? Uhhh idk.

I would totally be playing the PC version if there wasn't an "upgraded" version coming out for PS4.... like why the hell didn't they just wait to give us that one? No way I'm playing it now.

Unless I REALLY want to play a game, my PS3 is pretty much retired outside of being a SF4 machine.

Vylash

I would totally be playing the PC version if there wasn't an "upgraded" version coming out for PS4.... like why the hell didn't they just wait to give us that one? No way I'm playing it now.

you might actually just wanna grab the pc version, apparently i misunderstood and the ps4 version isn't a port but it still has part of the ps3 game, which is the most confusing thing i've ever heard

you might actually just wanna grab the pc version, apparently i misunderstood and the ps4 version isn't a port but it still has part of the ps3 game, which is the most confusing thing i've ever heard

Interesting, I have like 11 hours before the sale ends so I might grab it then.

But maybe I shouldn't because I should just play the Nepu games instead, SO MANY OF THEM ARRRGHHH.

I'm still not sure what exactly the PS4 version will include from the PS3 game and what it won't.

Got the game on Steam, it'll pay for itself with trading cards in the long run

XBlaze Lost: Memories' embargo is up (and so is my review), so feel free to ask if you have any questions.

I got the platinum already, played all the additional side stories, and played the release day Sechs DLC story.

XBlaze Lost: Memories' embargo is up (and so is my review), so feel free to ask if you have any questions.

I got the platinum already, played all the additional side stories, and played the release day Sechs DLC story.

Good review, thanks.

Quick question: is there any save transfer stuff from Code: Embryo to Lost: Memories? I'm thinking of buying the European version of Code: Embryo but I'm unsure whether Lost: Memories will ever come out over here.

Kudo

Anyone else here have this problem with PS4, after week of not using the secondary PS4 at all when I boot it up all my digital games are locked. Doing Internet Connection Test fixes it.
Should I be worried or just business as usual? I guess my old router could be causing this too or maybe the PS4 doesn't have time to refresh the licenses or something.

Chopper

Did anyone here play Doki Doki Universe? According to the internet, there is barely any information on this game, but I gave it a go last night and have a question... How do you establish what people's likes and dislikes are?

Phototropic

Neo Member

I have your review open to read in a bit, but was the platinum as tedious as the first game? I think I am going to play this either way, so I'm just curious if it has the save/reload requirement that was so prevalent to get the loading screens in the first game.

Good review, thanks.

Quick question: is there any save transfer stuff from Code: Embryo to Lost: Memories? I'm thinking of buying the European version of Code: Embryo but I'm unsure whether Lost: Memories will ever come out over here.

No save transfer, and there's a reason for that but it's ingrained in the story.

I think you may have sold me on it. Does it anything like the gag route from the first game?

It has some side stories that are pretty funny, but it doesn't go that far.

I have your review open to read in a bit, but was the platinum as tedious as the first game? I think I am going to play this either way, so I'm just curious if it has the save/reload requirement that was so prevalent to get the loading screens in the first game.

The platinum was easy and you can get it in one playthrough if you're careful and thorough.

autoduelist

It is taking every last bit of willpower to resist pulling the trigger on the Prinnys, Disgaea 2, and some megaman games... but i don't like platformers and i have tons of digaea and other NIS ps2 games in my backlog.

Deep discounts... both wonderful and terrible at the same time.

Tizoc

It is taking every last bit of willpower to resist pulling the trigger on the Prinnys, Disgaea 2, and some megaman games... but i don't like platformers and i have tons of digaea and other NIS ps2 games in my backlog.

These games won't go on sale again for that price any time soon, just get them, you'll feel better afterwards.

Get Cyberbots also especially if you fighting games featuring robots.

RK128

Get them man XD!

If it helps, the Mega Man games are solid ports to the PS1 and while they aren't as good as the NES versions (slow down at some points), they look fantastic on the Vita screen and are 50% of the price you would expect them to be on the VC. Well worth it and getting Mega Man 8 for that same price (not the best MM game but a good one regardless) makes things a steal XD.

I only got Prinny 2 due to hearing good things about the series (and its really cheap price), but I also got Disgaea Infinite (a VN of sorts) and Caldun: This is A RPG (a top-down Zelda like game with a fantastic score) :).

Tizoc

US PSN is having a new sale on Capcom and S-E titles which include some Vita compatible games.
Y'all too lazy to make a new thread about it doe :V

I miss the good old days when PSN sales were hype and people would make multiple threads on GAF just to pimp their fav. games....

RK128

US PSN is having a new sale on Capcom and S-E titles which include some Vita compatible games.
Y'all too lazy to make a new thread about it doe :V

I miss the good old days when PSN sales were hype and people would make multiple threads on GAF just to pimp their fav. games....

I will make that thread after I check the prices :). Will post a link to the thread in the next half hour :D.

XBlaze Lost: Memories is up on PSN: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ries/cid=UP1024-PCSE00627_00-XBLAZE2VITAUSA00

Keep in mind that last year XBlaze Code: Embryo launched with a significant PS+ discount (around 30% off), so it might be good to control your itchy trigger fingers until it's confirmed whether there's a discount.

Since the OT is apparently delayed until tomorrow, I figure I might follow up teflontactics with the review I recorded. This is personally my first game review in over a year, I'm a "guest reviewer" on this channel more than anything. (I was hesitant to post this at first because it could count as advertisement, but there's really an info drought on this game so I thought you all might appreciate it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU7acboP5go

I also played all the content in Code: Embryo and Lost: Memories, so feel free to ask anything.

Tizoc

I disliked Code Embryo because of its generic as fuck anime characters.

How differeny is LM? Seems to have minigames and stuff now.

I disliked Code Embryo because of its generic as fuck anime characters.

How differeny is LM? Seems to have minigames and stuff now.

Most of the characters are returning, but I feel like they're a good bit better executed this time. There's a bigger focus on character development, showing events from Code: Embryo from many different character's perspectives. This time, Touya only gets focus when the plot demands it. Plus some characters I didn't really care for in the first game (mainly
Es___
) became some of my favorites. There are also some very interesting plot twists, which made the plot much better in my opinion. Some ideas from the first game like
Phenomenon Intervention
get fleshed out and used in very creative ways.

As for the gameplay, it's really a lot more straightforward this time (TOi goes out the window, and instead you've got some pixel-art 2D exploration and collectathons, as well as some more traditional VN choices). You're never forced to read the same story segment more than once.

Just decided to pop in here to see what is going on....oh I didn't realize some of the games on sale...holy cow...

$25 unexpected dollars later, several Mega Men, Prinny, Crimsonland, and Cyberbots (!!), I sort of regret that stray click on this thread earlier today. Sort of. I wouldn't have any of these amazing games for these prices though. I will not play any of them for a long time...I'm still suckered in to buying things just cause of the deal...but still..

Thanks, VitaGaf, you all always know how to get people to spend money on things they didn't even know they wanted :D

Xenoflare

Speaking of games you can't buy on PSN, Ninja gaiden 3 Razor's edge is now "disc only" on PSN but I swear it had a digital release.

If you search the game on google it has a "buy download" option from the PSN U.S. site too.

I have the game on disc, it was pure chance I found this out since I was just messing around on PSN trying to find DLCs

RK128

Just decided to pop in here to see what is going on....oh I didn't realize some of the games on sale...holy cow...

$25 unexpected dollars later, several Mega Men, Prinny, Crimsonland, and Cyberbots (!!), I sort of regret that stray click on this thread earlier today. Sort of. I wouldn't have any of these amazing games for these prices though. I will not play any of them for a long time...I'm still suckered in to buying things just cause of the deal...but still..

Thanks, VitaGaf, you all always know how to get people to spend money on things they didn't even know they wanted :D

Glad we could help :). Those games were at fantastic prices (the NES Mega Man PS1 ports for 50% the price of the Wii/Wii U/3DS E-Shop prices, tons of NISA games at steal prices, ect), so its great to own a few of them :D.

....And now the store got updated again with a huge Square Enix sale and there are games I want even though I just spent 20 bucks on the PSN store two days ago :l. Gotta love PSN XD!

Phototropic

Neo Member
The platinum was easy and you can get it in one playthrough if you're careful and thorough.
Thanks, just read your review and it was really well written. I think I will pick this up sometime soon. I am just not sure if it will be today since I'm playing Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and picking up Actual Sunlight.

Khronico

Anyone see the bundle section under sales on the store? Seems to be a ton of random DLC/complete editions, no price updates yet though.

autoduelist

These games won't go on sale again for that price any time soon, just get them, you'll feel better afterwards.

Get Cyberbots also especially if you fighting games featuring robots.

Yeah, I know. I just don't know when/if I'd actually play them. It's not like I don't already have hundreds of games in my vita backlog.

I resisted. I can wait till the next sale and look forward to struggling with the decision again.

SerTapTap

Loving Rapture so far, if you think you'll like it you probably will. Lovely setting, haunting story bits, surprisingly open with lots of stuff to find rather than feeling liek you're being strung along (like Dear Esther), the movement speed issue is slightly exaggerated (though I did write up a blog post on walking sims and movement speed because of the discussion).

It's definitely one of those "hairdryer PS4" games though. Once they have a significantly quieter model I think I'll double dip and sell my old non-limited edition backup one.

It's wild that Goat Sim and Rapture are hitting PS4 on the same day. For better or worse, it's certainly hard to say console gaming has stagnated.

I finished all the endings of Drakengard 3 I think I'm adjusted to bad framerates.

From what I've seen Fairy Fencer looked like cheap fun, had that game on my radar for a while but I wasn't too hot about that $50 price tag.

Haha, I'm afraid to start Drakengard 3 because of what I've heard of the framerate, story stuff sounds painful in a good way though.

I bought the limited edition because I'm a sucker for Amano art (CD cover has his drawing of the Big Bad), and CH games, or at least Neptunia, usually have surprisingly solid soundtracks.

Tizoc

I suddenly have the urge to remind my fellow PSTV/PSP/Vita cats that there's never a bad time to start getting into the Ys series~
gy1X0te.jpg
FUCK YOU DARK FACT

Yeah, I know. I just don't know when/if I'd actually play them. It's not like I don't already have hundreds of games in my vita backlog.

I resisted. I can wait till the next sale and look forward to struggling with the decision again.

That won't be til 3 years from now! And by then they'd go on sale for higher than they recently were!
Just messin' with ya ;)

Tohsaka

Haha, I'm afraid to start Drakengard 3 because of what I've heard of the framerate, story stuff sounds painful in a good way though.

I bought the limited edition because I'm a sucker for Amano art (CD cover has his drawing of the Big Bad), and CH games, or at least Neptunia, usually have surprisingly solid soundtracks.

The framerate is indeed really bad, and the last boss is one of the most frustrating times I've had with a game in a while. It was really satisfying when I finished it and got the platinum trophy, though.

Where should I start with putting a 1TB drive in my PS4? I'd like to get the best/most reliable drive, as well find a solution to make sure that all my saves transfer.. my online save storage is full, so I know there will be a ton of games that didn't transfer their stuff.

Can anyone recommend the drive they purchased? I'll be purchasing via Amazon.

Goat Simulator!!!!

So bought. Needs a vita version

One of the devs of Double Eleven wrote about this on reddit after they tweeted saying they would "love to make a Vita version" but "Unreal doesn't support Vita". Might shed a little light:

"UE3 doesn't natively support Vita. From my understanding EPIC put in some of the code to support the system but never finished it. So it's up to a lot of developers to build the code base to make the engine run on platform at all. Once that is done we'll have to port GS into it, now GS is a very physics every game, in order to work on the Vita we'd have to downgrade it massively in order to work. This will include all new 3D models (Character, Vehicles, Environments, LOTS of Props) and textures.

This would be a massive undertaking for any studio to do, let alone a Indie developer/publisher such as ourselves. However, we love the Vita, we created a number of games for the Vita since our Foundering starting with LittleBigPlanet Vita and would love to eventually bring Goat Simulator to the Vita if the demand is there. So if you want it on the Vita, I recommend asking Sony, Coffee Stain and ourselves via Twitter for Goat Simulator on the Vita.

D.Arquette - Community Manager and QA Tester @ Double Eleven."

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/3dgps6/goat_simulator_not_coming_to_vita_because_unreal/

Top Bottom