• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Hm. Weird. I turned on my PS4 and it didn't sign me in automatically. When I did, it had me verify my email and stuff. It was kind of odd since my SEN account has been set up for ages. Should I be concerned?

Sifl

Hm. Weird. I turned on my PS4 and it didn't sign me in automatically. When I did, it had me verify my email and stuff. It was kind of odd since my SEN account has been set up for ages. Should I be concerned?
This happened to me too, but my email has never been verified, and it's still letting me play online even though I still haven't verified it.

This happened to me too, but my email has never been verified, and it's still letting me play online even though I still haven't verified it.

I'm not sure if I ever did the email verification before. Probably not. Everything seems fine, but I changed my password anyway. Probably something on their end.

Sifl

I'm not sure if I ever did the email verification before. Probably not. Everything seems fine, but I changed my password anyway. Probably something on their end.
I was gonna leave it alone, but I'll probably change it too. Might as well be safe.

RK128

Went back into my backlog and also rented a game I never thought I would play :).

Played MGS3 last night on a new save (Easy) on my Vita and I really like it so far :D; it looks fantastic and runs great on Vita, love the touch screen controls to switch weapons/gear, and the stealth elements are a lot less daunting then they were back in 2013 (when I got the Collection for my Vita at 14 bucks due to a killer JP sale :D). Looking forward into putting more time into this :).

Then I switched gears into platformers today with Mega Man 3 and Spyro 1 on my Vita and it was fun :D. Beat Snake Man after two or so tries and got back into Spyro 1, with the goal of beating the game before moving on to Spyro 2 (shouldn't be that long, as I only got a one-two more levels left (remember their was a total of 5,000 Gems to Collect and I got most of them already). The former plays really well on Vita (with triangle being used for rapid firing and circle for Mega Man's slide) while the latter has such a great soundtrack :').

And I got a rental for Destiny PS3 for free :D. Due to the RedBox having a rent something, get a game rental for free, I got picked Destiny (due to everything else being for the 360). Never had interest in the but for free, why not try it out :)? For all I know, the game might really click with me so much that I will pick it up for the PS4 down the line (as I plan on getting one this fall).

RK128

Never ever play a mgs on easy. The game plays pretty differently from the other difficulties, you're missing out on a lot of sutff.

But I never played the series before, and despite trying MGS1, 2, 3 and 4 in the past, the only Metal Gear game I really enjoyed was Rising.

Will stick with easy and just see what happens. If I really like the game, I will replay it or start over on Normal :).

Edit: Spent the past hour trying to play Destiny and it keeps installing and downloading updates and compatibility patches, and then it tells me "You have to start over again due to files getting damaged"......

Ah, the modern era of installing and patching, lovely isn't it :'). Considering I got the game free for a day, its not a huge waste not playing it. Will play the demo of the game on the PS4 if I'm still interested, but I'm in no rush to play it with my large backlog to get through XD.

Khronico

Well I finally started Nep Rebirth 1 and... I'm having a ton of fun. I'm perplexed by the amount of vitriol this series gets, so far the first game seems to be a genuinely good.

I'll probably be playing this and Shinobido 2 for the foreseeable future.

RK128

Well I finally started Nep Rebirth 1 and... I'm having a ton of fun. I'm perplexed by the amount of vitriol this series gets, so far the first game seems to be a genuinely good.

If Sir TapTap didn't recommend me ReBirth 1 when it went on sale a while back, I would have never considered picking the game up. But once I did, the humor really clicked with me, I enjoyed the combat system, the visuals really popped off the Vita screen and while ReBirth 1's difficulty spikes are sadly very frequent (so much so that I put at least 8-10 hours less in ReBirth 2 then I did with ReBirth 1 when I beat it with the normal ending), it can be managed if your careful and level-grind a lot (getting the 1$ DLC characters helps too).

The Neptuina series is a great one due to its fun cast, bright world and fun combat system. Keep in mind that the series just keeps on getting better, with ReBirth 2 having no difficulty spikes what so ever and ReBirth 3's story being really funny thanks to Plutia XD. ReBirth 1's story was a blast to play through (up to chapter 6 at least....never beat the game despite putting 25+ hours into it :l), so I hope you have a great time with the game :D.

Regarding why many hate the series......I'm leaning on the game having its Sailor Moon-esc Magical Girl transformations (I know I HATED Sailor Moon when I was younger X(; whenever my sister put it on, I just closed my ears and hoped the stupid theme song will end. Just thinking about that makes the theme song play in my head as I type this XD), as I can see that being distracting.

It could be the fan-service too, but even that isn't present as much as in other JRPGs (SAO: Hollow Fragment is FILLED with that to the point of it being annoying after a while :(), so I don't think that's it either....

Vylash

it's mainly ignorance and a refusal to acknowledge how much it's improved since the first game back on ps3, that ignorance tends to extend to compile heart as a whole

RK128

it's mainly ignorance and a refusal to acknowledge how much it's improved since the first game back on ps3, that ignorance tends to extend to compile heart as a whole

That is a good point too; the only footage GameTrailers used when making the "Top 10 series that should die" was strictly from the very first PS3 game in the series, which isn't a representation of the series at all :(

The first game was so bad, it got to the point that Complete Heart and Idea Factory re-used significant chunks of assets from Nep. Mk. II and Victory, when making ReBirth 1. On top of that, the story had big changes from the original game, the graphics ran on a newer engine and the games core mechanics drastically changed from the original game (new combat system and completely different dungeon mechanics).

They listen to criticism and fixed the series for the better.....but critics just remember the first game and not give the series its fair due :(. Its that bad that some trophies in the ReBirth games make a few jabs at the critics XD.

incpdo

For those playing megaman psone classics on vita. The game changer is to put on settings-other settings- disco load speed on fast. If you bother the slowdowns this improves the performance quite a lot.
DO NOT do it for tron bone tho.

RK128

For those playing megaman psone classics on vita. The game changer is to put on settings-other settings- disco load speed on fast. If you bother the slowdowns this improves the performance quite a lot.
DO NOT do it for tron bone tho.

Will try that with Mega Man 2 now and see if that helps with the slow down. Thanks for the tip incpdo :D.

Edit: After playing through Metal Mans stage (and dying at the boss twice X(), the slowdown during the crusher section is ALOT less then before :D! Thank you for the tip :).

aro52

Haven't messed with Goat Simulator on other platforms, and kind of missed the zeitgeist for it. Worth the $8.99 to grab it on PS4?

VLiberty

I've accepted that this is the best price I'll get for AC3L and that preowned will cost me twice as much, so I'll probably get it now. Just hoping that there's a bit of PS+ discount

edit: Blackgate is also 10€. And just like Liberation, I won't find a better price for it...

Skii

Don't know if this is the right place but I figured someone might know the answer.

Anyway, I'm just upgrading the HDD on my PS4 from the standard 500GB to a 2TB one. I'm copying all my save files onto a memory stick and was wondering if I have to do that for each account or does that happen automatically regardless of which account you decide to use?

Since the Vita version of the chinese version is out this year and doesn't include english, I guess that means RIP physical copy for us

English Asian copies of localized games usually follow the NA / EU release. e.g. Dragon quest heroes was already localized to traditional chinese / korean for asia but the english version of the game will release near or close to the west's release.

Knowing bamco though, this would be priced like a console copy (when converted 60$). I've passed on SAO:LS and other stuff thanks to their pricing.

RK128

Considering this is different compared to SAO: Hollow Fragment (with the Vita version released first then the PS4 version coming about a year latter), I can easily see all those imporevements/fixes/ect coming to the Vita version as well :).

The fact that Cross-Save is a feature hints at that, as you can't have one version lacking content (Vita), if both support Cross-Saving; that would lead to a lot of problems happening (assuming it isn't like the save-upload feature that Re:Hollow Fragment used).

Regardless, Bamco usually is good to Vita owners (outside of the new translation and other features of Re:Hollow Fragment never landing on the Vita despite that being a big success for them), so I have hope that those features are coming to Vita too :).

Edit: Made a thread covering this information and gave you credit for the link Names :). Here is a link to the thread for those interested :D.

On to a new topic, another dream game got announced guys :D!

ReMake 2 got announced and here is the thread covering the game :).

2015 really is the year dream games come true with so many either being announced (Nier 2, FFVII Remake, Zero Escape 3), localized (Digimon: Cyber Seuth), Kickstartered (Bloodstained, Yooka-Laylee, Shenmue 3) or funded (Red Ash, assuming that it will be as good as the Legends games gameplay/story wise), and more :'). Its great seeing all of that happen and I can't wait to see how 2016 tops things :D!

olaznoG

Got a mail from my local store here in Chile (Todojuegos).

Also seems to be alreayd shiping from some stores in ebay.

There are rumors about a physical EU Limited so who knows.

This is from today
SW1vQI5.png

I don't think it's happening

Top Bottom