• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Hubb

Cool. Assuming this isn't patched into the Vita version, Bandai Namco just lost my sale.

How can it not be patched into the Vita? What happens when you open up a NG+ save on the Vita using a difficulty that the Vita doesn't have access to.

I guess it is possible, but that would be kind of fucked.

RK128

How can it not be patched into the Vita? What happens when you open up a NG+ save on the Vita using a difficulty that the Vita doesn't have access to.

That is why I'm leaning on the fact that it will be with the Vita version when the game launches in the west.

But we can't just expect that to be patched into/added to the Vita version (look at Re:Hollow Fragment), so when I made my thread covering the subject, I only listed PS4, as we have no idea if those features are being added to the Vita version too.

If anything, the cross-save could work exactly like how Re:Hollow Fragment does it (most of your stuff carrying over to the PS4 version but you can't put your PS4 save on Vita).

Takao

Banned

It'll probably be like SAO where the game isn't actually cross-save, it just has a save import option. You can do PSV-> PS4, but not PS4-> PSV.

18-Volt

Regardless, Bamco usually is good to Vita owners (outside of the new translation and other features of Re:Hollow Fragment never landing on the Vita despite that being a big success for them), so I have hope that those features are coming to Vita too :).

They really are not. God Eater 2 Rage Burst localization is nowhere to be seen even though they have trademarked the subtitle. It's not even a Vita exclusive game.

They have promised us Innocence R if Hearts R sells well enough. It was sold out but Namco decided to skip Innocence.

I can't imagine what they think about Ray Gigant localization.

Saphirax

They really are not. God Eater 2 Rage Burst localization is nowhere to be seen even though they have trademarked the subtitle. It's not even a Vita exclusive game.

They have promised us Innocence R if Hearts R sells well enough. It was sold out but Namco decided to skip Innocence.

They're going to make a ps4 version, release both but the ps4 one will have a bunch of improvements :p!

RK128

If we hear nothing about God Eater regarding its localization by the PSX, then it might as well never come over :l. Though the fact theirs a PS4 version helps those chances a lot I imagine.

You are right about Tales of Innocence R and that never came over despite Tales of Hearts R doing well :(.

Ray Gigant's localization I imagine will be localized by the same publisher that localized Demon Gaze.

18-Volt

Ray Gigant's localization I imagine will be localized by the same publisher that localized Demon Gaze.

NISA? I doubt that. They already have two Experience DRPG's waiting to be localized: Stranger of Sword City and Operation Babel. One of them self published in Japan and other one is by Kadokawa (which is pretty close to NISA) so they should prioritize them instead of Ray Gigant. Much easier.

RK128

NISA? I doubt that. They already have two Experience DRPG's waiting to be localized: Stranger of Sword City and Operation Babel. One of them self published in Japan and other one is by Kadokawa (which is pretty close to NISA) so they should prioritize them instead of Ray Gigant. Much easier.

That is a good point as well :l.

I guess if Bamco refuses to localize it, Tecmo Koei could do it (they don't have a DRPG under their belt yet) as well.....

Oh I know. 2 years waiting on GE2 over here. I am with you brother.

Takao

Banned
ToIR is probably dead because there's no time for them to port it to PS4. This year is Zestiria. Next year is Bearsomething and the year after is an actual game developed for PS4.

Xenoflare

Oh I know. 2 years waiting on GE2 over here. I am with you brother.

Same here, hey at least we have Cyber Sleuth from Bamco.

Meanwhile I'm replaying Toukiden Kiwami.

5pb published Operation Babel, not Kadokawa.

ToIR is probably dead because there's no time for them to port it to PS4. This year is Zestiria. Next year is Bearsomething and the year after is an actual game developed for PS4.

Can't remember where I read it, but I seem to remember Baba saying that Innocence R was never planned to come to the west so it was highly unlikely unless Hearts R sold gangbusters (or something like that).

AsfaeksBR

Hells yeah on Mad Max. Got it pre-ordered. Ready for a good "big" game this year. Just rewatched the old Mad Max films in prep. Thunderdome still sucks.

Witness, brother!
Just pre-ordered, and I recommend reading the comics in preparation. Written by George himself, they really complement the last movie.

Also, game's 31.5Gb on PS4 according to PSN

Shizuka

As much as I don't think the title encapsulates my feelings well, Actual Sunlight is the best $5 game I've ever played. That is all.

Witness, brother!
Just pre-ordered, and I recommend reading the comics in preparation. Written by George himself, they really complement the last movie.

Also, game's 31.5Gb on PS4 according to PSN

Interesting. I have to check those comics thanks. Memory space cleared and ready.

As much as I don't think the title encapsulates my feelings well, Actual Sunlight is the best $5 game I've ever played. That is all.

If someone goes through bouts of depression, would this game make them feel better or worse? My guess is worse.

Shizuka

It's not too depressing, but it makes you think about the subject of depression and suicide. While there are parts where the developer tries to show that suicide shouldn't be an option and such, it could still trigger strong feelings if a person really has depression and thinks of suicide.

incpdo

Will try that with Mega Man 2 now and see if that helps with the slow down. Thanks for the tip incpdo :D.

Edit: After playing through Metal Mans stage (and dying at the boss twice X(), the slowdown during the crusher section is ALOT less then before :D! Thank you for the tip :).
Yeah it's a big improvement even when it's not perfect its totally playable and ejoyable this way. I need to try this with chronno triger and see if improves the loading times . in some games it doesn't work.

RK128

Yeah it's a big improvement even when it's not perfect its totally playable and ejoyable this way. I need to try this with chronno triger and see if improves the loading times . in some games it doesn't work.

From a video I saw online, the loading is 2-3 seconds faster then with the normal disk speed.

The Vita PS1 emulator is better then the PS3 one, as even if you have the Vita PS1 emulator set at normal disk speed, Chrono Trigger loads 1 second faster.

I also notice better performance in a few games; remember Spyro 2 having slowdown on the PS3 but that not popping up at all in the Vita emulator.

autoduelist

Might as well wait for a sale on DT2, depending on how much it bombs it might get on sale ever quicker than usual.

Why assume it is going to bomb? Why advocate behavior that would, if taken, contribute to it bombing? Eh. I hope it does well, the more localizations the better and the best way to send that message is to have the games that do come over do well.

Why assume it is going to bomb? Why advocate behavior that would, if taken, contribute to it bombing? Eh. I hope it does well, the more localizations the better and the best way to send that message is to have the games that do come over do well.

Probably something about the "censors"

I'll get it day one even though I doubt I have time for it, but I want to support ATLUS (and NISA) for having the balls to bring it over at all

Producer

I just think it wont do that good, but obviously i hope it does well for atlus. And he already has EO2U to play through so i suggested he wait and potentially save some money.

autoduelist

I hope it does well. I'm a bit burnt out on drpgs since i just plat'd OA, but it's a favorite genre of mine so I'll dig in.

Anyway, onto other topics --

Platinumed Flame Over yesterday. Nice skill based plat. Anyone who likes Spelunky or Binding of Isaac really should give it a shot, it's fantastic once you get into the swing of things. Putting out fires never got old, either -- every time I cleared a room it felt good. It's actually a case where I like trophies, too -- I might have put it down sooner had I not wanted the plat, and going for that plat required me to truly master the game.

Playing Breach & Clear mostly now (well, and Galax-z). I played a ton of B&C on pc, and I'm really glad I picked it up. Sure, it's not as well designed as Frozen Synapse or as snazzy as doorkickers, and sure it's got mobile roots... but hot damn if it's not fun clearing rooms / areas and watching the final killshot. Tons of content too... can't believe i'm going to try to 5 star everything (again).

As for Galax-z... well, get it. It's as pure of a love letter to space opera anime as we'll ever get, and it just feels 'right' in every way. Love it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm trying to platinum Akiba's Trip, i'm on the third playtrough, luckily the game is really short without secondary missions and skipping the dialogues.

Is that what you really think?

Do you really think that anyone on ps4 would pay good money this abomination?
ToIR-Screens_11-04.jpg

(many say that the game is plain bad, not just ugly)

Damn i bet that many vita owners(me included) wouldn't buy it!

Vylash

I'm trying to platinum Akiba's Trip, i'm on the third playtrough, luckily the game is really short without secondary missions and skipping the dialogues.

ToIR-Screens_11-04.jpg

is this screenshot supposed to prove something that i'm not seeing?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
^I'd buy it
ToHR wasn't very pretty either
It wasn't pretty but it was overall better other than slightly better looking
tales-of-hearts-r_PSVita_3816.jpg

but still under psp levels graphics-wise
shining_ark-2170514.jpg
shining-ark-5.jpg

Just because some of us would buy it doesn't mean that ps4 owners would buy it too or that it would sell enough on vita.

Seriously guys most of the people who played it say that it's not a good game, with all the good japanese games that need to be localized(2 god eater games, ray gigant and maybe something else from bamco alone + stranger of sword city, trillion and many others) you would waste one slot for that? And for what? Convincing Bamco to not localize other vita games? Because we all know it would bomb.

is this screenshot supposed to prove something that i'm not seeing?

If you don't see why a ps4 owner wouldn't buy it then you seriously need new glasses.

Takao

Banned

ToIR-Screens_11-04.jpg

Reused DS assets are a another big issue, but I think timing is #1.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unless you intend to play a game day one you should never pay day one prices for it. Especially Atlus/Capcom/Sony games, which will hit rock bottom prices in a year or so. Even waiting 6 months can get you a significant discount.

Lower tier Atlus games go down in price especially quickly. Conception 2 was 15 bucks only a few months after it released.

Vylash

If you don't see why a ps4 owner wouldn't buy it then you seriously need new glasses.

i don't see how you can use a screenshot, much less one that doesn't look bad at all, to dictate what ps4 owners will or won't buy but ooooooooookay

I started to play DQV(PS2) on PC with my PS4 controller and I had such a nice time, fantastic game.

Unless you intend to play a game day one you should never pay day one prices for it. Especially Atlus/Capcom/Sony games, which will hit rock bottom prices in a year or so. Even waiting 6 months can get you a significant discount.

Lower tier Atlus games go down in price especially quickly. Conception 2 was 15 bucks only a few months after it released.

I don't even get most of the game Atlus USA brings that aren't developed by Atlus, why would I waste my time with Conception 2? EO always deserves my day one money.

But I get what you mean, wait some months and get half the price, it's pretty nice.

i don't see how you can use a screenshot, much less one that doesn't look bad at all, to dictate what ps4 owners will or won't buy but ooooooooookay
Come on Vylash that looks like something straight out of a DS with higher resolution :p If someone had told me it was a Vita screenshot and I didn't know the game, I wouldn't have believed them.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Reused DS assets are a another big issue, but I think timing is #1.
If someone at bamco believed that TOIR would have sold decently TOIR would have been localized before TOHR, instead TOHR was the only one localized, because they knew that TOIR would have bombed, bamco may be as stupid as you think but they wouldn't waste their money for a ps4 port of TOIR(at max as a cheap digital only game or a free bonus for something else, but nothing more)

You have really low standards, good for you i guess, but you are delusional if you think that most of the people have the same standards.

Did you see their ps4 ports? They don't have particularly high standards.

It's not a matter of port quality but of source material quality, would you really compare TOIR to Digimon and Toukiden?

Guys do you even know what the ps4 can do or how picky ps4 owners are?
Someone said of exist archive that it looked like a vita game(obviously it was not a compliment)
Exist-Archive_08-10-15.jpg

Now think what they would say of TOIR(or even TOHR) that looks bad even for a psp game...

Prelude.

It's not a matter of port quality but of source material quality, would you really compare TOIR to Digimon and Toukiden?
Hollow Fragment looked bad on the Vita already, it looks atrocious on PS4. J-Stars is a pretty garbage-looking game as well.
But anyhow, it's not gonna get localized either way.

Ryan95

I have to say something in defense of ToIR: if there has been an audience for ToHR I don't see the reason why ToIR shouldn't come here. The argument it has to necessarily get a PS4 doesn't make sense, it's true that is the main trend for Bamco nowadays (SAO, GE, Digimon, etc.), but if we assume TOHR was successful enough to justify ToIR, it was thanks to the Vita version alone, and ToIR could follow the same path. As regards graphics, yes, they could not be the best, but Tales of series has never been advanced graphically wise and, even if we take into consideration that ToIR graphics are far from good for modern standards, I'd like to point out that graphics is just one parameter and its story is far better than ToHR.

That said, I obviously based most of my point on the assumption ToHR sold well, and I actually don't know any kind of sales figures about the game in the West, but if it wasn't so,I apologize in advance for my arguement, because in that case it's pretty obvious ToIR will never come over, with or without a PS4 port.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hollow Fragment looked bad on the Vita already, it looks atrocious on PS4. J-Stars is a pretty garbage-looking game as well.
But anyhow, it's not gonna get localized either way.

I agree that hollow fragment was not a looker, but:
a)it still looks better than TOIR
b)it's based on a successful anime

So they are not the same.

J-Star is not bad looking, you may not like the graphics style but "technically"(let's say so) graphics are good enough for a vita and ps3 game, obviously it looks worse as a ps4 game but that's exactly the reason why TOIR won't be ported on ps4.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You know, I try to avoid arguments here on gaf since most of them are just really stupid and pointless but reading through your posts is just giving me a headache

that's to be expected, Hearts R came after Innonce R and reused/touched up a bunch of its assets

the shining games are not representative of the entire psp library, most psp games do not look that good.

Where's this even coming from, I don't think anyone's said otherwise.
people would obviously rather have those games.

The game's not gonna get localized either way, baba has said so himself. So I really don't understand what you're trying to argue here.

Even if you remastered the game, the majority of ps4 owners would still not be interested.
This type of game appeals to a niche audience, giving it fancy graphics won't make it a best seller. SAO Re hollow fragment for instance is a PSP>Vita>PS4 port that's been barely touched up along the way. It looks like crap on PS4 yet people still bought it.
your standards are too high

people have shitty opinions, what else is new

That's also people who buy or not buy games, not just the people who have the "right" opinion :p

You are free to think that TOIR would sell enough on vita and even on ps4, but if you allow me i prefer asking for way better games, and sorry but my standards are not high at all, there's a very big difference between being picky and wanting to skip the localization of a bad game when there's no much space for localizations(especially if its poor sales could hurt bamco's already fragile confidence on vita)

RK128

People should ask for Luminous Arc Infinity instead, btw.

http://webmup.com/12a45/vid.webm

Look how beautiful it looks.

Localization of that game hasn't been announced yet? Thought that got announced before for some reason.....

Back on topic, that looks great :D: animations are very smooth, the performance looks very solid and the effects from attacks/spells/ect from past trailers of the game look really detailed as well.

Hope it comes over, as the Vita doesn't have a ton of SRPG's despite having a few of them thanks to PS1/PSP BC.

Edit: And regarding Tales of Innocence R Localization, its a shame that never came over as I really enjoyed the time I put into Tales of Hearts R :(. But there are plenty of JRPG's/JP Action games for the Vita that scratch a similar itch the Tales series has (Dragons Crown, SAO: Hollow Fragment, the upcoming RPG by the Skull Girls developers, ect), so I'm not to upset about the game never coming over.

It would be a good show of faith and respect to the Vita audience on Bamco's parts, but it really feels like their PS Vita support is 'extra' rather then the 'main show', considering a majority of their future localization are also landing on PS4 as well (SAO: Lost Song, if it ever comes over, the God Eater games, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, ect).

I don't mind that, as they are not pulling a Typo with Digimon (Vita version is still coming over :')) but that is the reality; they see interest in the Vita and want to support it, but isn't willing to invest a lot of money into it, so they produce a PS4 port to accompany the PS Vita version for western localization to ensure sales on the strongest platforms for each region (Vita = JP, PS4 = US/EU).

People should ask for Luminous Arc Infinity instead, btw.

http://webmup.com/12a45/vid.webm

Look how beautiful it looks.

Seriously, I want this game so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AK3pOnj1m0

Localization of that game hasn't been announced yet? Thought that got announced before for some reason.....

Back on topic, that looks great :D: animations are very smooth, the performance looks very solid and the effects from attacks/spells/ect from past trailers of the game look really detailed as well.

Hope it comes over, as the Vita doesn't have a ton of SRPG's despite having a few of them thanks to PS1/PSP BC.
It's Marvelous so the chances are good. Even though I think it has a certain amount of "questionable" content.

Top Bottom