• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

They are the publisher of the SK series, right? If so, I have no doubts this will come over as well :D.

Thanks for the heads up about the game YianGaruga :); if I ever get into SRPG's, will try this game out whenever it comes over.

Yep, they do SK and XSEED is Marvelous USA so they do their localizations. I think it would be weird if they didn't localize this game but stuff like Lord of Magna (3DS).

Hikami

XSeed localized Lord of Magna, so I can definitely see them localizing Luminous Arc Infinity too. I think it has a pretty good chance, just a question of when.

RK128

XSeed localized Lord of Magna, so I can definitely see them localizing Luminous Arc Infinity too. I think it has a pretty good chance, just a question of when.

My bet is that this is going to be one of their 'big' 2016 games for the Vita (alongside Trails of Cold Steel Part 2, the other Trails of titles, and the like).

I also wouldn't be surprised if they localized Ray Giant and the God Eater games for Bamco; they localize 'safe' games (SAO was a hit in the west, One Piece/Naruto/Dragon Ball are huge brands, Digimon fits right alongside other games using anime licenses, ect).

So, XSEED could see this as getting a DRPG (Ray Giant) and an Action RPG (God Eater 2: RB and Resurrection) under their belt. The latter option would be very easy for them too, considering God Eater Resurrection could reuse a large chunk of the PSP localization of Rage Burst to get that out faster.

Don't expect that to happen (as Bamco would want to have a few 'big' games for the west next year), but an idea if they don't bother with the two games.

Shizuka

My bet is that this is going to be one of their 'big' 2016 games for the Vita (alongside Trails of Cold Steel Part 2, the other Trails of titles, and the like).

I also wouldn't be surprised if they localized Ray Giant and the God Eater games for Bamco; they localize 'safe' games (SAO was a hit in the west, One Piece/Naruto/Dragon Ball are huge brands, Digimon fits right alongside other games using anime licenses, ect).

So, XSEED could see this as getting a DRPG (Ray Giant) and an Action RPG (God Eater 2: RB and Resurrection) under their belt. The latter option would be very easy for them too, considering God Eater Resurrection could reuse a large chunk of the PSP localization of Rage Burst to get that out faster.

Don't expect that to happen (as Bamco would want to have a few 'big' games for the west next year, but an idea if they don't bother with the two games.

I like Sonic's wishful thinking, even if they couldn't be more absurd. I'd want to live in a world where XSEED would bring all the Namco games that got skipped by their western branch.

Xseed just has to work on bringing us Tokyo Xanadu, Ys 8, and Trails of Cold Steel 2 next year.

And probably Senran Kagura EV, when is that coming out?

RK128

I like Sonic's wishful thinking, even if they couldn't be more absurd. I'd want to live in a world where XSEED would bring all the Namco games that got skipped by their western branch.

I DID say my idea wasn't likely, so sorry it sounds so far-fetched XD.

That would be really nice, as it gives XSEED even more games under there belt alongside ensuring great games come out of JP for the west.

Ryan95

Xseed just has to work on bringing us Tokyo Xanadu, Ys 8, and Trails of Cold Steel 2 next year.

And probably Senran Kagura EV, when is that coming out?

Japan has seen barely nothing of Ys 8 but the announcement trailer and it doesn't even have a release date yet: I think the best situation is it will come out in Japan next year, with its localization later on, so it would be off the radar in the west in 2016.

So there would be an empty spot for XSEED in their 2016 release timeline to localize Luminous Arc Infinity

Shizuka

There will be close to no 3DS or PS4 titles for XSEED in 2016, they'll have to go mostly with PC and Vita throughout the year.

Skii

It's taken more than 28 hours to re-download my games back onto my PS4 after switching the 500GB HDD for a 2TB version. It is painfully slow and it still isn't finished. At least the rest of my games are disc installs instead, otherwise I'd be here until christmas.

There will be close to no 3DS or PS4 titles for XSEED in 2016, they'll have to go mostly with PC and Vita throughout the year.

I wish this were true. We've already got a good amount of localizations announced for 2016 (6 by my count), but I feel things are going to drastically start slowing down next year.

Still, given their previous track record, it seems at least Tokyo Xanadu & Ys 8 will be coming.

People should ask for Luminous Arc Infinity instead, btw.

http://webmup.com/12a45/vid.webm

Look how beautiful it looks.

And I have high hopes for this too.

RK128

I wish this were true. We've already got a good amount of localizations announced for 2016 (6 by my count), but I feel things are going to drastically start slowing down next year.

Still, given their previous track record, it seems at least Tokyo Xanadu & Ys 8 will be coming.

Don't think that will be next year; to much is coming in 2016 for the Vita to have that happen :).

2017 onwards is where that will happen :l; the 3DS successor should be out by then and a lot of JP support might shift to that.

A good thing is that we know games are coming to Vita in 2017, with Bloodstained Vita being the first (I think?) confirmed PS Vita game coming out in 2017. If things keep up, we might get more announcements for 2017 Vita games next year :)....but I'm not holding my breath for anything :l.

Saphirax

Who's ready for Amnesia?

Amnesia-Memories_2015_08-13-15_005.jpg

Amnesia-Memories_2015_08-13-15_004.jpg

More @ http://gematsu.com/2015/08/amnesia-memories-screenshots-feature-ukyo-smartphone-version-announced

Oh and P4:DAN English Yukiko trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR07K99qPdE

18-Volt

I'm hoping for this lineup:

Q1 2016:
Metropolis Defenders (if Aksys decides to skip it)
Luminous Arc Infinity

Q2 2016:
Tokyo Xanadu
Net High
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

Q3 2016:
Omega Labyrinth
LoS Trails of Cold Steel Pt. 2
LoS Trails in the Sky 2 Evolution (if they manage to work it out with Kadokawa. I think they'll try, you know there have been a lot of work done in translation and PSP version is gonna bomb.)

Q4 2016:
Whatever Marvelous announces and releases in Japan throughout 2016
Ys 8

Saphirax

Q1 2016:
Luminous Arc Infinity

Q2 2016:
Tokyo Xanadu
Net High
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

Q3 2016:
Omega Labyrinth
LoS Trails in the Sky 2 Evolution (if they manage to work it out with Kadokawa. I think they'll try, you know there have been a lot of work done in translation and PSP version is gonna bomb.)

Q4 2016:
Ys 8

Doesn't seem likely though :/. Besides, releasing only Evo 2 would be silly. Here's hoping for a miracle though :p.

Shizuka

Q1 2016:
Luminous Arc Infinity

Q2 2016:
Tokyo Xanadu
Net High
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

Q3 2016:
Omega Labyrinth

Q4 2016:
Ys 8

More like the other way around with Metorpolis Defenders. I think Aksys is the only one that'll want to pick that title. Net High is a 50/50 chance if XSEED's not too busy. I think that Natsuiro High School game would come over before Omega Labyrinth and the Evo games are just not happening.

Ephidel

Who's ready for Amnesia?
That first screenshot is fantastic. Who could ever resist a chat-up line like that?

(Just to clarify I know the other 'candidates' seem similarly off, and yes, I'll be buying it. I'm hoping it's as funny as it looks).

Saphirax

That first screenshot is fantastic. Who could ever resist a chat-up line like that?

(Just to clarify I know the other 'candidates' seem similarly off, and yes, I'll be buying it. I'm hoping it's as funny as it looks).

I hope it's good as well :p. Some CGs look kinda...funky though.

What else are they going to do? Their parent company is all in on the Vita and there really aren't any potential PS4 titles they could localize.
I honestly don't see the situation of the Vita changing much. It's already only supported by the hardcore niche, there is nothing on the horizon that could replace it and people still want their handheld games. If localizing Vita games can be profitable in 2015 it'll be the same in 2016.

Wasn't it Winter 2015 (for NA), or did I miss a new release date announcement? Legit question. I remember a few games announced for the winter that managed to release at the last week of december, so it's not impossible.
The EU date is "early 2016" and US and EU will probably release within a few weeks of each other like with SK2.

More like the other way around with Metorpolis Defenders. I think Aksys is the only one that'll want to pick that title. Net High is a 50/50 chance if XSEED's not too busy. I think that Natsuiro High School game would come over before Omega Labyrinth and the Evo games are just not happening.

Natsuiro High School is a TERRIBLE game though. Localizing it in favour of anything else would be a huge mistake. Omega Labyrinth would at least have something you could call gameplay.

Bowl0l

Natsuiro High School is a TERRIBLE game though. Localizing it in favour of anything else would be a huge mistake. Omega Labyrinth would at least have something you could call gameplay.
Oh no. I just bought it based on impulse that it will not be localized. How bad is it?

Oh no. I just bought it based on impulse that it will not be localized. How bad is it?

It's an "open world" game with nothing to do in it. I haven't heard a single positive impression. I guess taking pictures of panties is fun for an hour maybe.

Saphirax

Regarding Utawarerumono 2, Hardin just said on the stream that he hopes they(Atlus) get to it. He only mentioned the ps4 version. Still, more hope is never a bad thing.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Regarding Utawarerumono 2, Hardin just said on the stream that he hopes they(Atlus) get to it. He only mentioned the ps4 version. Still, more hope is never a bad thing.

Considering lots of returning characters from the first game people are going to be confused as fuck if any previous references are made lol. As the original title never made its way to the US.

Saphirax

Considering lots of returning characters from the first game people are going to be confused as fuck if any previous references are made lol. As the original title never made its way to the US.

How was Tears to Tiara in that regard? We didn't get the first one either.

Saphirax

No connection at all story wise it seems. Outside of being in the same world. Not sure what the timeline is though.

Only the first TtT game and then the side story ones were connected. It was only a 2 in name.

Ah, I see and the only thing from TtT it had were the DLC characters.

autoduelist

You have really low standards, good for you i guess, but you are delusional if you think that most of the people have the same standards.

I don't think it's so much someone having 'low' standards as having different standards. I generally don't care about the graphics in a game... as long as it has solid mechanics, controls, and concepts. You could substitute those jrgp characters with stick figures, and if the game is good, I'd still play it.

As for the 'general ps4 audience'... who knows? Price a game right and people are okay with it. Plenty of modern games don't have the best graphics, and are forgiven for it if the gameplay is there.

Guys do you even know what the ps4 can do or how picky ps4 owners are?
Someone said of exist archive that it looked like a vita game(obviously it was not a compliment)
Exist-Archive_08-10-15.jpg

Now think what they would say of TOIR(or even TOHR) that looks bad even for a psp game...

Well, sure, you're right, some people will complain. Some people will always complain. Voices on the internet don't generally translate directly to sales [unless it's overwhelming, such as the love for Bloodborne or whatever]... but for a niche game? That niche will generally buy the game, regardless of issues.

Mostly, I just wish people didn't harp on graphics so much. The ones quoted were perfectly serviceable. The best ever? Of course not. But certainly good enough to play. They are essentially just static dialog images with a background, which is done because high-end 3d modeled conversations with voice acting is extremely expensive and doesn't really impact actual gameplay. Anyone that's buying/loving jrpgs should be perfectly at home with that, and just because a voice on the internet says it looks like it's for 'vita' really shouldn't affect buying decisions.

Takao

Banned
Tales of Innocence R looked ugly back when it was revealed. I distinctly remember a screenshot with a fruit stall where they didn't model any fruit but just used a flat texture.

What else are they going to do? Their parent company is all in on the Vita and there really aren't any potential PS4 titles they could localize.
I honestly don't see the situation of the Vita changing much. It's already only supported by the hardcore niche, there is nothing on the horizon that could replace it and people still want their handheld games. If localizing Vita games can be profitable in 2015 it'll be the same in 2016.

I sincerely hope you're right. I'm guessing 2016 will be the transitional year where we see lots of PS4/Vita titles brought over (it's already kinda happening, no exclusives announced for next year yet, but plenty of multiplats - Odin Sphere; Digimon etc. and I'm expecting stuff like Exist Archive & Ys 8 to come in 2016 too) and then 2017 will be when the Vita starts getting dropped.

For next year, I dunno really. There's definitely stuff I think XSEED will work on for Vita. But just because Marvelous Japan are developing for it, doesn't mean they'll bring all the games across. As much as I want Net High, I can see them skipping it. Possibly Valkyrie Drive too.

They'll make up their schedule with Falcom games, PC ports and possibly some 3DS games (don't really know enough about 3DS' lineup to say what though, so maybe there's nothing). Aksys are the batshit crazy ones who just pick up whatever they like once they've got their ASW titles in place, whereas I think XSEED play it a lot more safe with the odd in-house favourite title like Kiseki or Corpse Party thrown in.

Only mentioned the PS4 game? Weird. Especially since Odin Sphere is coming across on all 3. I'd imagine they'll do the same with Utawarerumono.

Maybe he's just tempted because there's a PS4 SKU. Gotta go after that expanded userbase.

RK128

I sincerely hope you're right. I'm guessing 2016 will be the transitional year where we see lots of PS4/Vita titles brought over (it's already kinda happening, no exclusives announced for next year yet, but plenty of multiplats - Odin Sphere; Digimon etc. and I'm expecting stuff like Exist Archive & Ys 8 to come in 2016 too) and then 2017 will be when the Vita starts getting dropped.

For next year, I dunno really. There's definitely stuff I think XSEED will work on for Vita. But just because Marvelous Japan are developing for it, doesn't mean they'll bring all the games across. As much as I want Net High, I can see them skipping it. Possibly Valkyrie Drive too.

They'll make up their schedule with Falcom games, PC ports and possibly some 3DS games (don't really know enough about 3DS' lineup to say what though, so maybe there's nothing). Aksys are the batshit crazy ones who just pick up whatever they like once they've got their ASW titles in place, whereas I think XSEED play it a lot more safe with the odd in-house favourite title like Kiseki or Corpse Party thrown in.

I wouldn't worry about Vita support for the next year; 2016 has a lot of stuff from JP publishers/developers and indie studios coming next year.

And we already know that the Vita will get games in 2017 thanks to Bloodstained's Vita version launching that year :).

The tricky thing is what is coming in 2017, as that is a complete unknown right now outside of Bloodstained......

I guess we have to see what is announced throughout 2016 to make a stronger guess, but the Vita has a ton of games coming this year and next year, so I'm happy regardless what happens :).

I got my Vita in 2013 and own well over 250+ games and I plan on picking up at least 20+ more in the future (plan on getting a 7+ games this fall.....please be on sale XD); I'm very happy with my Vita right now :).

Just hope before everything ends, we get the God Eater games & Ray Giant localized, some PSN ports to the Vita (please have some kind of Sonic game on Vita; I would be happy with a Sonic CD 2011 port :)) and the Legends games landing on PSN (something more likely then in the past, with Tron Bone landing on the PSN Store early this year).

Saphirax

Only mentioned the PS4 game? Weird. Especially since Odin Sphere is coming across on all 3. I'd imagine they'll do the same with Utawarerumono.

Maybe he's just tempted because there's a PS4 SKU. Gotta go after that expanded userbase.

It sounded more like he forgot/wasn't aware the ps3/vita versions existed. I could see them not bothering with the ps3 version since if they do localise it it'll be in mid to late 2016 but even the odds of that are low, so it'll probably come out on all 3.

The stream should be archived and he mentions the game right near the end.

Tohsaka

Well, the anime is translated and there's a fan translation for the PC version of the game, so if people wanted to get caught up it wouldn't be hard.

I got my Vita in 2013 and own well over 250+ games and I plan on picking up at least 20+ more in the future (plan on getting a 7+ games this fall.....please be on sale XD); I'm very happy with my Vita right now :).

Yeah. To be honest, my tastes on Vita have shifted over the years - I bought it because of WipEout/Gravity Rush/LittleBigPlanet - so basically Sony's mid tier IP stuff, so I have been disappointed when they've effectively ditched the console.

But in their place I have learned to love certain indies (I'm not a massive fan of indies, but there have been a number which I've been really impressed by - Hotline Miami; Guacamelee; Geometry Wars etc.).

Moreso it's been Japanese games though. They've really filled the void for me. DanganRonpas; Ateliers; Neptunias with stuff like Ys & Tales & Steins;gate. I've loved it. And that's why I hope the localizations keep up as long as possible, because they're the main reason I still do 90% of my gaming on Vita these days.

Top Bottom