• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

RK128

Hey everyone, buy Sayonara Umihara Kawase+. It's good.

Oh, TOTP. Sooo... yeah, buy it.
It's 50% off in Europe and I think it should be discounted in NA soon.

The original snes game plays wonderfully as well, I don't remember it being so smooth on the DS collection but I'm not 100% sure, it's been a while.

I won a code to the game a while back during a YouTube contest and I enjoyed the game :). It feels like a nice mix between Bionic Commando and a normal platformer :D.

If it is going on sale in NA and EU, people should consider picking it up as it is a fun game :D.

RK128

Gyro aiming and it having actions mapped to the touch screen sound great; making good usage of the Vita's inputs.

Shame about the performance being a bit weak (the frame rate drops, though thankfully those don't seem frequent) and the download being huge (reminds me of how big SAO is on Vita X().

But I'm glad the game is coming to the Vita; Revelations 2 reportedly is a great return to horror with RE and with Remake out and Remake 2 coming in the future, its nice knowing that the series is back on track again :D.

NewDust

Okay PSN gaf (or vita gaf in disguise), I bought freedom wars for €1,00 , that's not a typo... However, I'm not into rpg's (except for p4g), never played a monster hunter like game and dislike the longer (read 25+ hours) games in general... Do you know any youtube guides that can introduce into the genre? Is ts a good game to start with? Or would you recommend me to trade it in and get something else? I believe fw is loved in this thread so I don't expect the last :)

RK128

Okay PSN gaf (or vita gaf in disguise), I bought freedom wars for €1,00 , that's not a typo... However, I'm not into rpg's (except for p4g), never played a monster hunter like game and dislike the longer (read 25+ hours) games in general... Do you know any youtube guides that can introduce into the genre? Is ts a good game to start with? Or would you recommend me to trade it in and get something else? I believe fw is loved in this thread so I don't expect the last :)

Its not the best introduction to RPG's (what honor goes to Persona 4 Golden), its still worth playing :).

Here is a YouTube playthrough of the game by GadgetGirlKyle (who does great Vita lets plays like SAO: Hollow Fragment and SAO: Lost Song :D): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCCUoIcWxys

Couldn't find a playlist of her entire run through the game, but you can find it in parts easy enough.

Hope this helps :D.

Ryan95

Its not the best introduction to RPG's (what honor goes to Persona 4 Golden), its still worth playing :).

Here is a YouTube playthrough of the game by GadgetGirlKyle (who does great Vita lets plays like SAO: Hollow Fragment and SAO: Lost Song :D): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCCUoIcWxys

Couldn't find a playlist of her entire run through the game, but you can find it in parts easy enough.

I definitely agree with everything.
As a newcomer to hunting games, I must say that FW is rather a very good way to get into the genre.

NewDust

Yeah, was very much aware of GGK let's play... Was hoping for something briefer, bit I guess 1~2 ours will give me much more insight.

I definitely agree with everything.
As a newcomer to hunting games, I must say that FW is rather a very good way to get into the genre.

That gives me good hope for liking the game!

bobohoro

Doesn't help that this is probably the hottest August I can remember (in Germany). The temps are insane and I just want to die. Next week looks better though.

I'd rather melt away every day than to have another shitty rainfest like last year.

Small talk about the weather, dead thread is dead. :O

I think I might drop Tales Of Hearts R, I am at the last boss, but haven't touched it for weeks and don't really want to know how it ends either way. The more I played of that game, the less I liked it, probably my least favourite Tales games. At least Steins;Gate finally arrived here, but I first have to get through the Durarara Light Novel.

RK128

I'd rather melt away every day than to have another shitty rainfest like last year.

Small talk about the weather, dead thread is dead. :O

I think I might drop Tales Of Hearts R, I am at the last boss, but haven't touched it for weeks and don't really want to know how it ends either way. The more I played of that game, the less I liked it, probably my least favourite Tales games. At least Steins;Gate finally arrived here, but I first have to get through the Durarara Light Novel.

I got half-way through Tales of Hearts R and despite loving the first 20 hours I put in....I completely dropped the game mid-way last month :(.

I don't know why, as I enjoyed the game a lot, but the game's story got really drawn out (got done the moment Koaku got her emotions back and stopped caring about what happens afterward....) and the combat system got stale (though I only played as Kor; swapping to another character could greatly help things).

Got the game for 15 bucks, so I can't get that upset about losing interest in the game :).

autoduelist

I'd much rather they keep the same flat form factor. As it is, it slips really nicely into a my pants pocket or a pocket on my laptop bag, while making it more dual shock shaped would ruin that convenience. And yeah, microSD is unlikely, but I figured, while I was dreaming...

Yeah, I'd prefer comfort over portability, but I get both positions. But hey, you'd still have your 1000/2000 for portability, and can have this for comfort!

If my Vita just starts launching random games, does that mean it's done for?

did you get the screen wet in any way? Even sweat? Spit shine? Anyway, if your screen acts up, turning it all the way off, ensuring it's dry, and turning it on will/should fix it.

maouvin

Yeah, was very much aware of GGK let's play... Was hoping for something briefer, bit I guess 1~2 ours will give me much more insight.

I don't remember exactly how long it takes to get there, but keep playing at least until CODE (chapter) 3. CODEs 1 and 2 are slow, have you walking around more than it's healthy and can easily bore one away. In CODE 3 the pacing steps up (and you gain fast-travel? Don't remember if it's on 2 or 3).

I don't remember exactly how long it takes to get there, but keep playing at least until CODE (chapter) 3. CODEs 1 and 2 are slow, have you walking around more than it's healthy and can easily bore one away. In CODE 3 the pacing steps up (and you gain fast-travel? Don't remember if it's on 2 or 3).

Code 3 and Code 4 is where the game gets good - agreed. I'd play it that far then decide.

AsfaeksBR

Mad Max is going to be this year's sleeper hit

y4NOkV.gif

VLiberty

I'm done with Sound Shapes. Pretty great game and I've also enjoyed the two extra modes (yeah Death mode too). I'm gonna echo the sentiment that Cities is amazing, but the retrogaming-inspired levels by deadmau5 are also awesome. Not that the rest isn't good, mind you.

Now I have to choose my next Vita game. I'm probably going with another playthrough on GOW 1, since I'm avoiding arcade-y games with a high level of challenge and a high chance of getting me hooked for hours to the fucking system without letting me study.

The movie sure is a sleeper hit, that one was tight.

I need to watch Mad Max. Never watched the old ones before though, I might watch the first one before. My movie backlog is just as bad as my game backlog.

RK128

I'm done with Sound Shapes. Pretty great game and I've also enjoyed the two extra modes (yeah Death mode too). I'm gonna echo the sentiment that Cities is amazing, but the retrogaming-inspired levels by deadmau5 are also awesome. Not that the rest isn't good, mind you.

Now I have to choose my next Vita game. I'm probably going with another playthrough on GOW 1, since I'm avoiding arcade-y games with a high level of challenge and a high chance of getting me hooked for hours to the fucking system without letting me study.

I need to watch Mad Max. Never watched the old ones before though, I might watch the first one before. My movie backlog is just as bad as my game backlog.

For me right now, I'm diving into MGS3 Vita on Easy, bouncing back and fourth between a number of PS1 games (Mega Man 1-4, Spyro 1, Street Fighter Alpha 3). After I get through those games, I plan on diving into Soul Sacrifice Delta (got it but never downloaded it X() and beating LittleBigPlanet Vita.

Then once that is done, I will get a number of games (Dangrompa 1-2, Another Episode, Ar No Surge Plus, ReBirth 3, SAO: Lost Song, Trails of Cold Steel) this fall :).

Regarding my movie backlog.....man, I have a lot to watch XD! Still need to see Inside Out, Pixels (know its crap but have a soft spot for Adam Sander since Little Nicky....loved that move when I was little for some reason XD), a ton of TV shows on Netflix and more.

VLiberty

For me right now, I'm diving into MGS3 Vita on Easy, bouncing back and fourth between a number of PS1 games (Mega Man 1-4, Spyro 1, Street Fighter Alpha 3). After I get through those games, I plan on diving into Soul Sacrifice Delta (got it but never downloaded it X() and beating LittleBigPlanet Vita.

Then once that is done, I will get a number of games (Dangrompa 1-2, Another Episode, Ar No Surge Plus, ReBirth 3, SAO: Lost Song, Trails of Cold Steel) this fall :).

Regarding my movie backlog.....man, I have a lot to watch XD! Still need to see Inside Out, Pixels (know its crap but have a soft spot for Adam Sander since Little Nicky....loved that move when I was little for some reason XD), a ton of TV shows on Netflix and more.

On the Pixar side, I still need to watch Up and Brave(and inside out but I believe it's not out yet here). Did they release a new movie last year? If so, that too.

The bad thing about the movies is that it's more difficult to get into watching a movie than starting a new game. I barely watch the tv and I can watch them "on my own" only if I enter in "movie mode", in that case I could even watch 4 movies in a day (happened last year around this time, I watched Sleepy Hollow, Memento, Fight Club and Hoodwinked Too in a day and a total of 10/11 movies in 3 days). This hasn't happened in a while though, the only exception was a couple of weeks ago when I watched Sin City 2 and Drive.

Now, going back to the games...holy shit that's quite a number of games to play symoultaneously lol
I had planned to play Spyro 3 this summer. I had. :/ I want to dust off my PSP, nothing would make it better than that and Tomb Raider Anniversary. Maybe I'll also get around to clearing the last Wipeout Pure gold medals (that game, with the free DLCs, has a crazy amount of content. If only it had the modes introduced in the later games...)

Shizuka

I just noticed that now that Rodea The Sky Soldier was delayed until November, I'll be able to get Persona 4 Dancing All Night Disco Fever Edition with my October budget.

VLiberty

Man, the Swapper praise thread hyped me about The Fall. Googled it and apparently it came to PS4 but with no signs of a Vita version :/ oh well

I just noticed that now that Rodea The Sky Soldier was delayed until November, I'll be able to get Persona 4 Dancing All Night Disco Fever Edition with my October budget.

I forgot it was coming. Dear lord how I'm overlooking my 3DS

RK128

On the Pixar side, I still need to watch Up and Brave(and inside out but I believe it's not out yet here). Did they release a new movie last year? If so, that too.

The bad thing about the movies is that it's more difficult to get into watching a movie than starting a new game. I barely watch the tv and I can watch them "on my own" only if I enter in "movie mode", in that case I could even watch 4 movies in a day (happened last year around this time, I watched Sleepy Hollow, Memento, Fight Club and Hoodwinked Too in a day and a total of 10/11 movies in 3 days). This hasn't happened in a while though, the only exception was a couple of weeks ago when I watched Sin City 2 and Drive.

Now, going back to the games...holy shit that's quite a number of games to play symoultaneously lol
I had planned to play Spyro 3 this summer. I had. :/ I want to dust off my PSP, nothing would make it better than that and Tomb Raider Anniversary. Maybe I'll also get around to clearing the last Wipeout Pure gold medals (that game, with the free DLCs, has a crazy amount of content. If only it had the modes introduced in the later games...)

I haven't watched cable in a very long while, whenever I watch a movie or TV show, its either through streaming stuff on my laptop or PS3. I think Inside Out is on DVD now....but I'm not super sure :l.

And I know I have a ton of games to play XD! The Mega Man games shouldn't take too long to get through (despite their high difficulty, they are short games if you know what you're doing). Spyro 1 I'm very close to beating (on the final world now; only have a few levels to finish before I beat the game), so its not that bad :).

MGS3 is the one that is going to take the most of my time :l. Not a huge fan of the series and I want to start somewhere....so I figured "Going back to MGS3 on Vita sounds good :D!" Set things to easy (never had a MGS game 'click' with me before) and go from there....and so far, its good :).

I like shooting down the fruit in the trees, having a high amount of ammo for my silencer is nice and the visuals look really great on the Vita screen (having camera controls on the right stick is really great :D). Looking forward to playing more of it as the story in MGS3 is supposed to be fantastic.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 was 2 bucks when I got it, so its fun to just jump into a few matches here and there sometimes :). It having a single player mode helps a lot too :D.

VLiberty

Question about PSMobile. I have some games on both the HDD and the PC, if I delete them from the system can I copy them back from the PC? Will they work after the shutdown?

Also, I assume that if they're working, the system is already activated, so I don't need to do anything else right?

I haven't watched cable in a very long while, whenever I watch a movie or TV show, its either through streaming stuff on my laptop or PS3. I think Inside Out is on DVD now....but I'm not super sure :l.

And I know I have a ton of games to play XD! The Mega Man games shouldn't take too long to get through (despite their high difficulty, they are short games if you know what you're doing). Spyro 1 I'm very close to beating (on the final world now; only have a few levels to finish before I beat the game), so its not that bad :).

MGS3 is the one that is going to take the most of my time :l. Not a huge fan of the series and I want to start somewhere....so I figured "Going back to MGS3 on Vita sounds good :D!" Set things to easy (never had a MGS game 'click' with me before) and go from there....and so far, its good :).

I like shooting down the fruit in the trees, having a high amount of ammo for my silencer is nice and the visuals look really great on the Vita screen (having camera controls on the right stick is really great :D). Looking forward to playing more of it as the story in MGS3 is supposed to be fantastic.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 was 2 bucks when I got it, so its fun to just jump into a few matches here and there sometimes :). It having a single player mode helps a lot too :D.
Both MGS and Megaman are series that never clicked with me. I have the MGS Vita collection though, I might try one of them someday even though I don't think I'll ever get to the point that I have no games to play other than those :V

Just checked and Inside out will be out in the theathers next month here

RK128

Question about PSMobile. I have some games on both the HDD and the PC, if I delete them from the system can I copy them back from the PC? Will they work after the shutdown?

Also, I assume that if they're working, the system is already activated, so I don't need to do anything else right?

I think the way it works is that once you delete them from your Vita after the 'shutdown' date, they cannot put them back on your Vita at all :(. Even if you backed them up to your PC or PS3.

I think this might change or the information isn't right (as if you have them backed up on your PC, you SHOULD be able to put them back on Vita).

VLiberty

I think the way it works is that once you delete them from your Vita after the 'shutdown' date, they cannot put them back on your Vita at all :(. Even if you backed them up to your PC or PS3.

I think this might change or the information isn't right (as if you have them backed up on your PC, you SHOULD be able to put them back on Vita).

In that case, dear Sony,

jack-nicholson-middle-finger.gif

If I manage to buy a new memory card before the shutdown date, I won't use the 8gb anymore so I'll store them there. Otherwise, goodbye PSMobile games, I've hardly known ya

RK128

In that case, dear Sony,

jack-nicholson-middle-finger.gif

If I manage to buy a new memory card before the shutdown date, I won't use the 8gb anymore so I'll store them there. Otherwise, goodbye PSMobile games, I've hardly known ya

I got a lot of my PS Mobile games for free or got them at very cheap prices (25 Cents-1$) so I can't get to worked up over losing those games....

Still sucks as a number of PS Mobile games are really solid games (Console Saga and Life of Pixel for example) that will be lost to time because of Sony pulling PS Mobile's plug :(.

I've never seen anything about that either way. All we know is that we won't be able to activate systems or redownload from our Download List after that date.

Do I need to start reviewing games again to get codes or what? haha (I used to do reviews for games for a Nintendo magazine back in the GCN/Wii days but I obviously got physical copies back then)

Those sure were different times.

Garraboa

Is this common? Many of my games decied to move to the "System Use" part of the MC on Vita, so now games like DJMAX Technika Tune are 17 MB big.

EDIT: nvm, just had to rebuild the database. I'll probably have to do an app-by-app backup these days since I see 411 MB still in "system use"

Prelude.

I find Vita Reviews to be a bit lenient when it comes to a few things, so I'd wait for more impressions.
Well, I mean, all we're gonna get from "normal" reviews is another BL2, "it doesn't look as good as the significantly more powerful platform version" so...

Hey guys look what I got :)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMaMe7oUAAAw7EL.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMaPzIBUcAAjNUZ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Just asking, text-wrapping issue still in?

Tapejara

Does anyone here know that largest HDD size you can put in a PS3? I have a 2TB in my PS4, and I'd like to buy another one for my PS3 and fill it up with my digital library.

Does anyone here know that largest HDD size you can put in a PS3? I have a 2TB in my PS4, and I'd like to buy another one for my PS3 and fill it up with my digital library.

Pretty sure it's "whatever fits."

The important bit is the physical size, not the internals.

Tapejara

Pretty sure it's "whatever fits."

The important bit is the physical size, not the internals.

I thought this as well, but...

I think it might be 1TB?

...I've heard this as well. Was wondering if anyone could confirm running at least a 1.5tb HDD.

Edit: Omg, top of page! Oh wait, are we not doing that anymore? I don't care: if you have a PS4 try Gauntlet, and if you have a Vita get hyped for RE:Rev 2 (assuming it's a good port).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The reviews were right for BL2, the framerate made it unplayable imo.

Most of the media that still bothers to review Vita games tends to give them a lot of shine, though there were some people speaking out about that particular game's problems.

Producer

Well, I mean, all we're gonna get from "normal" reviews is another BL2, "it doesn't look as good as the significantly more powerful platform version" so...

Pretty sure most complaints were the framerate and gimped features. ~15fps on a FPS is unacceptable.

Top Bottom