• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Takao

Banned

Prelude.

I doubt it Rebirth 1 sales on Vita will be close to the astounding number of 160k. Sure the game was sometimes received 50% discount including its launch week, but does the sale number could make up for the number?

If you think Rebirth1 on vita sold close to 160k then i don't know what to tell you. Even vita's most popular titles don't sell that much.
But I'm not even disputing that, as I said, Rebirth 1 is a one-hit wonder and it's not representative of what they can reasonably sell, I'm talking about all of their games in general.

and Grinsia's trophies have just popped up.
I read that as Grisaia. Fuck.

Producer

But I'm not even disputing that, as I said, Rebirth 1 is a one-hit wonder and it's not representative of what they can reasonably sell, I'm talking about all of their games in general.

You should take a look at the sales data for IFI's steam games. Rebirth1 isnt a one hit wonder, obviously the first port of a game in a series is going to sell alot, especially if its a good port with good pricing, but their other games are also doing good.

Prelude.

You should take a look at the sales data for IFI's steam games. Rebirth1 isnt a one hit wonder, obviously the first port of a game in a series is going to sell alot, especially if its a good port with good pricing, but their other games are also doing good.
I did. Again, if you're claiming that all of their games are more profitable on steam, Iwannaseethereceipts.gif, nothing on one side and sales numbers on the other, doesn't cut it. I, too, am not saying they're less profitable there.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So Squares and Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive will be skipping non-EFIGS stores in Europe for the time being.
What's sad/funny is that since the Kurisu DLC is now a cross-buy bundle, you can't even buy it for the Vita version if you're affected.

Is it worth playing the PSP version of Final Fantasy Tactics? I already bought the PS1 version in the sale, and have played that previously back when it released.

Is the additional content worth it, and are there technical issues with it?

Producer

Is it worth playing the PSP version of Final Fantasy Tactics? I already bought the PS1 version in the sale, and have played that previously back when it released.

Is the additional content worth it, and are there technical issues with it?

Yeah, the new classes and features make it the best version of the game, unfortunately the technical issues cant be fixed on vita. I say its still worth the $5 though.

So Squares and Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive will be skipping non-EFIGS stores in Europe for the time being.
What's sad/funny is that since the Kurisu DLC is now a cross-buy bundle, you can't even buy it for the Vita version if you're affected.
5pb USA are really bad at everything huh

all it takes are a few more translations for the store pages, and the ones they do have are already machine translated. I don't think I'll be buying this until it gets a deep discount

RK128

Got some of my backlog done today :D! Beat Rayman 2 (got to the final boss and after losing to it a few times...I decided to move on to another game) and I aim to beat the following games by October:
-MGS3 on Easy
-Spyro 1
-Crash 2
-Klona
-Pac-Man World
-Tales of Hearts R
-Stealth Inc.
-Mega Man 1-4

I think I can do it (as I'm giving myself about a month and a half to get through all those games).

Tapejara

5pb USA are really bad at everything huh

all it takes are a few more translations for the store pages, and the ones they do have are already machine translated. I don't think I'll be buying this until it gets a deep discount

Lol, I didn't even know 5pb had a US branch.

Got some of my backlog done today :D! Beat Rayman 2 (got to the final boss and after losing to it a few times...I decided to move on to another game) and I aim to beat the following games by October:
-MGS3 on Easy
-Spyro 1
-Crash 2
-Klona
-Pac-Man World
-Tales of Hearts R
-Stealth Inc.
-Mega Man 1-4

I think I can do it (as I'm giving myself about a month and a half to get through all those games).

Is this your first time playing Crash Bandicoot 2? It's my favourite game of all time, so I'm biased when I say this: but it's fucking awesome.

VLiberty

It holds up very well, I've played it last year for the first time while replaying 1 and 3 and had a blast. Though it's still my least favourite Sony platformer.

Shoyz

I only recently found out that while Corpse Party Hysteric Birthday 2U was turned down by XSEED (barring a port), it has a fully translated Lets Play on youtube (the 'WTF am I playing' one)

Its the last game in the PSP series and while it seems to be a Comedy/Horror spinoff, it does look to introduce characters/references that'll carry over to Blood Drive this october. Essential reading?

Adventures of Pip PS4 has no EU release date (even though it's available ww on Steam), and Curses 'N Chaos "should be the same date but could fluctuate". Not getting my hopes up if the dev doesn't even know, and it wasn't included in tonights update.

EU PSN is great

Adventures of Pip PS4 has no EU release date (even though it's available ww on Steam), and Curses 'N Chaos "should be the same date but could fluctuate". Not getting my hopes up if the dev doesn't even know, and it wasn't included in tonights update.

EU PSN is great

Hearing Resident Evil Revelations 2 disappeared from the EU store as well.

I think there are enough native Vita games and I'm also one of those weird people that never plays his portables outside, but I understand what you mean. If there are enough people that are happy with the ports, keep em coming!

Yeah, I can definitely understand why the majority of people are going to be disappointed in this.

The thing for me is, though, as long as what 3PP is doing is expanding the range of genres available, I'm going to be fairly happy. Yeah, there are other native Vita games I could be playing, but if I get a hankering for a bit of third person shooting while I'm travelling, I don't have a lot of other choices. Unit 13 is fun to dip into every now and again, and Uncharted wasn't my cup of tea (I enjoyed it, but I don't think it worked very well as a Vita game). Then there's not really much else to choose from - 2013 Infected Wars, lol.

If I was only playing my Vita at home then I'd be on your side since I could just play a superior PS3/PS4 version, but it was going to be that way anyway. I can't think of a single Vita port that's superior to a home console version other than possibly PlayStation All-Stars.

As it stands, I only tend to use my Vita at home to play JRPG's (which don't normally run much worse on Vita) or VN's (which I read before going to bed). When I'm travelling, I normally like anything I can play in bursts of 20 minutes or so at a time - which Raid Mode should be good for.

So while it's not ideal and I'd obviously prefer better ports, Vita isn't really in the kind of situation where it's going to have lots of money thrown on this kind of stuff. As long as the game runs well enough, I'll be pleased.

This time Play-Asia actually has really good deals on JP PSN credit if you buy one of the bundles on the linked page

‎¥6000 for $49.98 (current exch rate is ‎¥6000 = $48.26)
‎¥8000 for $65.98 (current exch rate is ‎¥8000 = $64.35)

That's the cheapest I've ever seen and the ‎¥8000 bundle should allow for a $5 off $60 voucher.
EDIT Yeah it works, bought ¥8000 for $61. That's crazy

Also DOAX3 was just confirmed for PS4 and VITA!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1098137

Does the vita have problems with lighting in 3d games. Some of it's 3d games looks like stock unity 3d lighting. Is it because of the hardware or is it the most time effective way to get better framerate?

So no DT2 OT or discussion thread right? I like to discuss as I play my DRPGs, sigh. I'll see if I get to play it today. After work I'm probably just gonna do what I usually do with Telltale games, and finish the newest Tales from the Borderlands episode in 1 sitting.

RK128

Is this your first time playing Crash Bandicoot 2? It's my favourite game of all time, so I'm biased when I say this: but it's fucking awesome.

I played through most of the game (tried to 100% it) on the Vita last year but I dropped it for some reason (must have played other games or something). Loved what I played and I plan on beating the remaining levels :).

And it is fucking awesome XD, one of Naughty Dog's best next to Jak 1 and Uncharted 2 :).

So no DT2 OT or discussion thread right? I like to discuss as I play my DRPGs, sigh. I'll see if I get to play it today. After work I'm probably just gonna do what I usually do with Telltale games, and finish the newest Tales from the Borderlands episode in 1 sitting.

Glad you are still enjoying the Tales of Borderlands games :D; remember beating the entirety of Walking Dead S1 on PS3 in one sitting.....really loved that game :'). TellTale can make some fantastic work, so hope you continue enjoying the Tales of Borderlands games Names :D.

Regarding DT2....I'm not sure if that game is banned on NeoGaf or not :l. Remember its localization thread being....quite the mess X(, so I could picture Mods trying to ban it to prevent further toxic discussion on the title (fan service or not, it looks like a very interesting DRPG, so it shouldn't be overlooked due to it having fan-service :().

This time Play-Asia actually has really good deals on JP PSN credit if you buy one of the bundles on the linked page

‎¥6000 for $49.98 (current exch rate is ‎¥6000 = $48.26)
‎¥8000 for $65.98 (current exch rate is ‎¥8000 = $64.35)

That's the cheapest I've ever seen and the ‎¥8000 bundle should allow for a $5 off $60 voucher.
EDIT Yeah it works, bought ¥8000 for $61. That's crazy

Wow, that is a great deal for some JP PSN credit :D! For anyone interested in picking up some JP only games (like the Rockman PS1 titles), they really should act on that deal. Thanks for pointing that deal out YianGaruga, should help people with multiple PSN accounts :D.

And there making another DOAX? I would have thought their efforts to make the series more 'attractive' to fighting game purists and being more inviting to female players would have them not making a pure fan-service game.....should be surprised considering the costume DLC they have been putting out for DOA5: Last Round :l.

Hope people that are interested in the series have fun with DOAX3 and its a nice surprise hearing that its coming to Vita too :D! Guess they are re-using assets/engine from the Vita version of DOA5 to get the game running on Vita and they figure it would make them more money in JP, so that must be why we are getting a Vita version :).

SerTapTap

Forgot Curses n Chaos comes out today, hard to keep up with the PS4 indie release shedules.

Hmmmmm tempted to go all in but what would I actually do with 8k yen in PSN money? Most of the DLC I want is in games that are coming west anyway and I prefer to import digital...I just wanted a cheap PSN card to get some JP only themes, that's more import friendly than DLC for a game I'm going to buy again...

EU PSN is great

They should really try and consolidate all of western PSN to bring it closer to how Steam does things but I'm not sure it's feasible due to rating stuff. But it seems like there's a lot of Sony BS in addition to rating BS for devs to go through. Also it was on PC before PS4 anyway so the steam release doesn't mean anything regarding PS4 release dates.

Made a video for Pip btw, it's pretty fun. But it's been out before so there's plenty of reviews to see.

Hmmmmm tempted to go all in but what would I actually do with 8k yen in PSN money? Most of the DLC I want is in games that are coming west anyway and I prefer to import digital...I just wanted a cheap PSN card to get some JP only themes, that's more import friendly than DLC for a game I'm going to buy again...

It's a 5k and a 3k code, I'm sure you can find someone who will split with your or buy one for what you paid! I'll mostly use it for rhythm game DLC, that stuff is expensive

I just saw the batman august update video and was baffled by the sight of playboy's score (4/4) for the game. Are playboy highly regarded when it comes to game criticism?

RK128

I just saw the batman august update video and was baffled by the sight of playboy's score (4/4) for the game. Are playboy highly regarded when it comes to game criticism?

Maybe they saw Catwoman in the game and said "Yep, this is a good game for sure :D!" and left it at that XD!

A serous answer is that they could be interested in game reviews and started with a latest issue to see how it goes over with the readers; if people like it, they will keep it up.

SerTapTap

Rapture being the top seller for the week in UK is pretty cool news.

It's a 5k and a 3k code, I'm sure you can find someone who will split with your or buy one for what you paid! I'll mostly use it for rhythm game DLC, that stuff is expensive

Yeah this is why I'm kind of glad I suck at/don't especially enjoy them. DLC for that miku game is crazy. And I don't really like the "you don't need every costume" excuse for having >$50 worth of costumes in a non F2P game (I don't even like that in an F2P game...)

I'm sure the actual songs aren't cheap though especially for anything licensed. I'm kind of surprised licensed music games do as well as they seem to.

And I hate selling stuff online (or otherwise) but I guess that's a good escape clause if nothing else.

I think they're somewhat popular in that regard but I don't think I've ever seen anyone show off their Playboy score proudly before, much less a AAA game.

...also, a 4 point scale?

SerTapTap

Xenodrifter is going to be a rough sell with Axiom Verge already around. Though I guess it'll probably hit Vita before AV. Are we still waiting on Sony to port Monogame? I thought that's what the holdup was.

Baust

Well, I finally caved and bought a 64GB Vita memory card. Got really tired of swapping and running out of space.

What's the best way to transfer everything to the new card over multiple cards? Should I just do the backup and restore function for each?

SerTapTap

Well, I finally caved and bought a 64GB Vita memory card. Got really tired of swapping and running out of space.

What's the best way to transfer everything to the new card over multiple cards? Should I just do the backup and restore function for each?

Copy it all to a PC or PS3 with content manager then copy the whole set to the new card if it all fits. Backup restore is only for one card I think, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with multiple cards. The second restore would probably wipe the games from the first. I haven't done it myself though.

I've been sort of on the opposite mindset, I've been deleting (after backing up) games I'm done with (either actually done or totally abandoned) and I just keep a folder of "plane ride" games. I'm only around 2/3rds of my 32GB used though I have like 90GB of Vita games. Been doing that with Steam too (much easier to do with Steam though--where's my Library app for Vita)

Personally I'd go with moving everything onto my PC with content manager then moving it back to the 64GB card. But that's because I've had the backup and restore fail a few times and it was tiresome.

VLiberty

Xenodrifter is going to be a rough sell with Axiom Verge already around. Though I guess it'll probably hit Vita before AV. Are we still waiting on Sony to port Monogame? I thought that's what the holdup was.
Apparently they still had no news about monogame on vita last month, judging by a quick twitter search.

This game is not gonna hit this year, assuming it will ever come. So fucking pissed, once again great work Sony

Saphirax

When the game you (pre)ordered from PA is 'pending stock arrival'

tumblr_nnyz69S7xx1tkrthjo1_500.gif

Should've probably preordered sooner, or elsewhere :p.

N° 2048

I have no idea how I feel about Danganronpa 2.

It's pretty...blah. Only really interested in two or three characters.

I ended up using a guide for the first trial because I just wasn't into it.

I'm only 5 hours in so time will tell.

-MGS3 on Easy
-Spyro 1
-Crash 2
-Klona
-Pac-Man World
-Tales of Hearts R
-Stealth Inc.
-Mega Man 1-4

Why are you going to play MGS3(one of the best games of all time), on Easy?????!?!?

Mega Man 1-4 are fucking awesome, be sure to also check out 9 if you haven't.

SerTapTap

Apparently they still had no news about monogame on vita last month, judging by a quick twitter search.

This game is not gonna hit this year, assuming it will ever come. So fucking pissed, once again great work Sony

Lame. They should have made this and porting UE4 top priority. Doesn't matter if THEY don't want to make Vita games, having a smooth line to port to Vita means a lot of indie devs will do it just because hey, I can publish my game on a portable, how neat!

I felt super meh into it before the first trial (a significant turning point for reasons) and was super hooked by the second or so. It's more off the wall so I can see some people not liking it, but it's more than it appears either way. The game kind of intentionally seems to feel a bit samey at first then tries to subvert expectations.

Danganronpa 2 is awesome, no one is every ready for Chapter

Bittercup

Great :/ I was waiting for a sale for Phantom Breaker. I hope they fix this.

RK128

Why are you going to play MGS3(one of the best games of all time), on Easy?????!?!?

Mega Man 1-4 are fucking awesome, be sure to also check out 9 if you haven't.

I never played the series before and whenever I tried playing the games in the series (own all of them but Peace Walker, Portable Ops and Phantom Pain), they never clicked with me :l.

Heard your exact comment a while back to and what is the big deal on playing the game on easy :l? The bosses aren't as hard as before? The 'stealth' is more challenging? If it is the latter, then I plain on keeping playing on easy, as I suck at stealth games :l.

Edit: Regarding Mega Man, the series rocks :). I own Mega Man 2 on Wii and 9 & 10 on my PS3 (Thank you PS+ :D!). Figured that due to that great sale a week or so back, I could get all the PS1 (JP) versions of Mega Man 1-4 (they were 2.50 per game) alongside getting Mega Man 8 (never played that before). The Vita has a fantastic D-Pad and by setting the PS1 Emulator to reading disks fast, the slowdown issues the PS1 versions have is basically gone :).

RK128

That's just great :l. We all know Sony gives two shits about the Vita, but a lot of other developers do :(, so i sucks when they treat them badly.

I guess the Vita version of the game will launch alongside the release of the Wii U version (also due next year) and X1 version (I think so at least) early 2016; enough time to move the to a new engine/re-work the engine for the Vita by that point.

Lame. They should have made this and porting UE4 top priority. Doesn't matter if THEY don't want to make Vita games, having a smooth line to port to Vita means a lot of indie devs will do it just because hey, I can publish my game on a portable, how neat!

You also bring up a great point; having a portable version of the game alongside a console version really helps drive sales of your product. I'm sure the Axiom Verge developer was really hoping on leveraging the befits of having Cross-Buy with his game (I believe the game is cross-buy...) so that way more people can check it out alongside making Axiom Verge look like a better deal (similar to Shovel Knight on PS systems; for 15 bucks you are getting THREE versions of the game :D).

The fact he can't do that due to native support of the engine on Vita must sour his relationship with Sony a bit :(.

Top Bottom