• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

VLiberty

Axiom Verge is coming to Wii U and Xbox one? Aaaaah well then, we won't get it next year either.

It will be new n tasty and Teslagrad all over again, new versions announced months later the Vita version will come years earlier than the Vita version. Fucking hell.

Massa

Apparently they still had no news about monogame on vita last month, judging by a quick twitter search.

This game is not gonna hit this year, assuming it will ever come. So fucking pissed, once again great work Sony

Not sure what you're sourcing but Super Giant Games says they're still working on the Vita port so I'm sure the engine is still coming. Just need to be patient.

RK128

Axiom Verge is coming to Wii U and Xbox one? Aaaaah well then, we won't get it next year either.

It will be new n tasty and Teslagrad all over again, new versions announced months later the Vita version will come years earlier than the Vita version. Fucking hell.

Don't quote me on the X1 version (heard that somewhere but I forgot where exactly :(), but the Wii U version is coming in 2016.

I'm honestly not that upset about the Vita version of Axiom Verge never coming; I plan on getting a PS4 this fall anyway and if my laptop can run Freedom Planet with no issues, it should be able to run Axiom Verge as well :). I will play the game by the end of the year, but its a shame the Vita version is having such a troubled development X(.

Not sure what you're sourcing but Super Giant Games says they're still working on the Vita port so I'm sure the engine is still coming. Just need to be patient.

Really? That's good news :). I guess we can still expect the Vita version to come out this year after all then :D. My bet is that it will release in October/November or if not this year, then Jan/Feb. 2016.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I have a dumb question about Steins Gate. How am I supposed to see what my options are when replying to emalils? The game gives me a choice of replys but only after clcking the highlighted parts do I see what the reply is, at which point I cant back out of the reply. Surely the game would let me see what my reply would be before making the choice?

Saphirax

I have a dumb question about Steins Gate. How am I supposed to see what my options are when replying to emalils? The game gives me a choice of replys but only after clcking the highlighted parts do I see what the reply is, at which point I cant back out of the reply. Surely the game would let me see what my reply would be before making the choice?

Nope. You can't see your reply beforehand.

SerTapTap

Speaking of Revelations, I guess it's finished if the Vita release is out? Is it good for someone who liked RE 1-4, enjoyed RE5 for co op and absurd cheese but is pretty bleh on the apparent trajectory from CV -> 4 -> 5 -> 6? I don't really mind the cheese as long as it brings us stuff like RE5 Wesker, but I want more horror than action or at least 50:50.

Oh, Supergiant was doing the porting?

I really doubt the other versions will be out before even Vita. And they weren't 100% confirmed either, Wii U is very likely, Xbox One they said was a maybe due to parity clause and all.

Do new PSN premium avatars still happen? Goddamn it's absurd you can't set those on web, Vita or PS4

We're even getting avatars from the future these days

FOsAlRX.png

Benedict

I'm not seeing any discount on Dishonored for PS4 in the Swedish store.
Shouldnt there be one?
It's available for 399 sek.

New sales at US PSN:
Batman Arkham Sale
EA Sale
Tom Clancy Sale.

Prices haven't been updated yet.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm not seeing any discount on Dishonored for PS4 in the Swedish store.
Shouldnt there be one?
It's available for 399 sek.

New sales at US PSN:
Batman Arkham Sale
EA Sale
Tom Clancy Sale.

Prices haven't been updated yet.

The Splinter Cell HD games are $3.49, those seem to be the only ones so far.

autoduelist

Banned game just arrived. Wish we could discuss the game mechanics, at least.

I'm really enjoying my second playthrough of Breach & Clear -- first on PC, now on vita. in fact, I think I like it better than my first. Sure, it's got a slightly budget feel, and a couple of odd design choices, and isn't nearly as robust in mechanics as something like Frozen Synapse or Door Kickers... but it's still a hell of a lot of fun. Letting you level up your characters adds a lot to the fun, and even though you can't easily sync multiple characters actions, the 'real' feel it has [which neither door kickers or FS have] also adds a lot to the fun factor.

And even the mechanics, some of which can be odd at first, do follow rules... that is, once you learn the deeper ins and outs you can survive some seemingly impossible scenarios.

Worth a buy on sale, for sure. Just know you're getting a slightly budget/mobile feeling turn based tactical shooter that, despite its issues, does just enough to make it fun. And there is a ton of content (7 distinct environments, each with 5 maps, each with three scenarios [kill all, bomb defusal, escape], each with 5 difficulty levels from easy to insane - environments all feel different, from tight corridor facilities to large drug lord mansions to large open areas.

SerTapTap

We're even getting avatars from the future these days

It's not bad, but it's not A AWESOME LAZER CAT AVATAR

Just bought Curses n Chaos and it won't download. It starts and then almost immediately I get an error that says it 'cannot download'.

Update your console. PS4, brilliantly, does not tell you that's why you're getting an error unless you go to notifications, then press X on the notification itself. I had Pip do this to me too. It's a fast update, probably Stability™

It's not bad, but it's not A AWESOME LAZER CAT AVATAR

Update your console. PS4, brilliantly, does not tell you that's why you're getting an error unless you go to notifications, then press X on the notification itself. I had Pip do this to me too. It's a fast update, probably Stability™

Nope, something up with my ps4. Console is updated. I deleted Journey and tried to redownload it to see if it was just the one game, but nope. Can't download anything. Ugh, trying various 'fixes' I found online but none are working. This is dumb.

That's really weird. If I don't know what I'm choosing then I might as well not have a choice. Do the replies you choose make any kind of difference to the story?

Yeah it's a weird mechanic, just roll with it and select whatever you feel like.
They do have an impact on the story but in a way that you won't figure out by yourself anyway. Just play through the game normally until you have no idea how to get other endings anymore and then ask or read a guide. You'll ruin it if you worry too much about it.

SerTapTap

Nope, something up with my ps4. Console is updated. I deleted Journey and tried to redownload it to see if it was just the one game, but nope. Can't download anything. Ugh, trying various 'fixes' I found online but none are working. This is dumb.

Did you rebuild the database and restore licenses? Never had to do more than those two. Though the only time I've seen that can't download was definitely due to an update. Console didn't tell me there was an update until I checked the message, either.

Did you rebuild the database and restore licenses? Never had to do more than those two. Though the only time I've seen that can't download was definitely due to an update. Console didn't tell me there was an update until I checked the message, either.

Rebuilt database, restored licenses, checked for updates, updated router firmware, everything. The download gets to 8.97mb and then fucks off.

Anyone recommend any of those Tom Clancy PS3 games? Im not a huge military FPS fan(aside from Spec Ops: The Line), but if it has a good single player campaign Im all over it.

RK128

Anyone recommend any of those Tom Clancy PS3 games? Im not a huge military FPS fan(aside from Spec Ops: The Line), but if it has a good single player campaign Im all over it.

Around the original release of Vagas 1 and 2, people loved those games, so if they are a good price, I would say they are well worth picking up :).

Shizuka

Siliconera's Deciding On A Vita Dungeon Crawler. Conclusion:

Perhaps its best to think of these Vita dungeon crawlers as though they were high school classes. Demon Gaze would be an introductory course. Dungeon Travelers 2 is closer to a standard lesson. Operation Abyss is an AP class. Class of Heroes 2, well, let’s just say it’s for people going off campus and taking college classes. If you’re wondering which one is for you, consider your experience with the genre and shop accordingly.

In terms of difficulty, DT2 is over OA, but other than that, as in terms of complexity, it's a good read.

Uthred

So no DT2 OT or discussion thread right? I like to discuss as I play my DRPGs, sigh. I'll see if I get to play it today. After work I'm probably just gonna do what I usually do with Telltale games, and finish the newest Tales from the Borderlands episode in 1 sitting.

Why no DT2 OT? Its joined, what, Monster Monpiece and Criminal Girls in infamy? Thats unfortunate, the dungeon crawler OT's are always a useful read

Tapejara

I'd say the no brainer purchases would be the Splinter Cell games (Splinter Cell HD, Chaos Theory HD and Pandora Tomorrow HD). I've only played some of the original Splinter Cell, but it's a great stealth game that still holds up really damn well. Check them out if you can.

I really liked Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, but apparently I'm in the minority on that. I know long time GR fans didn't like it for making the series more mainstream, but I don't have any experience with GR prior to Future Soldier so I thought it played great. Game has an amazing animation system, four player co-op campaign and a nice focus on stealth segments. But it's nothing Spec Ops: The Line in terms of narrative or atmosphere, so I'd say you can probably skip it. The story itself isn't that good and the characters might as well be cardboard boxes, but there are some enjoyable set pieces.

Coppanuva

If anyone gets Curses n Chaos working could you let me know if it has online play and voice chat? If it has online, is there random matchmaking or is it friends only? I'm debating picking it up since it looks fun.

Shizuka

One week until Amnesia: Memories is out. I wonder if Idea Factory International is going to skip review codes distribution, since I haven't heard of a single soul getting one and it's almost out.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So no DT2 OT or discussion thread right? I like to discuss as I play my DRPGs, sigh. I'll see if I get to play it today. After work I'm probably just gonna do what I usually do with Telltale games, and finish the newest Tales from the Borderlands episode in 1 sitting.

Why no DT2 OT? Its joined, what, Monster Monpiece and Criminal Girls in infamy? Thats unfortunate, the dungeon crawler OT's are always a useful read

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161361013&postcount=477

Also if you look through that thread you can see the usual circus of stupid that got the game banned from discussion at GAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029061

So I wonder what Third Party Production port could come to Vita next (if any, of course).

Borderlands 2 happened pretty much happened because Randy Pitchford kept hinting at it to Sony. Resident Evil I have no idea about, but it does make a fair bit of sense (IP that has strong ties to PlayStation; not the most graphically demanding game etc.)

And both plug gaps in genres that are otherwise a bit sparse on Vita (FPS, also open-world; TPS, and also horror).

I wonder what else could come, if 3PP are still in the business of doing these cheap ports. They could be behind XCOM & Civilization I suppose, but I'm pretty sure those were rated with 2K as the publisher and Sony have published all the 3PP games themselves.

There's nothing on the horizon that seems to be a great fit to me. We're getting fewer cross-gen titles and I feel porting anything other than a PS3 game is going to be too much work (Borderlands already was). The only game that fits the bill that I can think of is... well... Tony Hawk's 5. It doesn't look graphically demanding; has a PS3 version and would fill a genre gap (extreme sports). I hope it isn't, though.

(Edit: Another one that popped in my head was Diablo 3. Now that I would like. Loot grinding on the go).

So I kinda hope they go backwards and port something from a few years ago. A Fallout; Saints Row or Demon's Souls or something (though, I don't think any of those would run anything like acceptably on Vita). Maybe it'd be easier to work with partners they've dealt with before, so Dragon's Dogma or Borderlands Pre-Sequel or something.

My dream port would be SSX (2012) on Vita, like there were rumors about many moons ago. Man, that game would be perfect on a handheld.

Anyway, this is all probably all speculation for nothing since I'd imagine it's more than likely Sony will have packed it in completely for Vita soon. But I hope not (it's not like 3PP have lots of porting to do to PS4 since it gets pretty much every game anyway!) I like having the odd non-LEGO western game to play in between all the Japanese stuff and indies that I play.

autoduelist

I enjoyed all the ones I played. You're not going to get the story depth of Spec Ops, but each has it's own thing going. Note that I played them all ages ago,and my memory ain't all that great...

Tom Clancy’s Endwar

--iirc this is sort of a voice recognition based RTS. safely skipped, it didn't really work for me.

***That said, the PSP version of this is grid based and like advance wars, and worth a pickup.

PS3 Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier
PS3 Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

-- both enjoyable imo. you have extremely futuristic tech at your disposal and have squad commands to set up your battles. [for example, sending another squad mate to flank, etc]

PS3 Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.
PS3 Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2

-- you're a pilot. both are fun, if imperfect. not sim or anything, more arcade though you have missions, etc.

PS3 Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas $4.99 $19.99
PS3 Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2

-- been awhile since I played these, but there's pretty fun too. more about breaching secure locations, etc.

There's just something I like about all of the above. I remember looking forward to them coming out, and enjoying my time with them. None will be the best game you ever played, or as memorable in story as something like spec ops... but they're solid little shoot shoot bang bangs.

PS3 Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist $9.99 $19.99
PS3 Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent $4.99 $19.99
PS3 Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Hd $3.49 $14.99
PS3 Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Hd $3.49 $14.99
PS3 Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow Hd

i haven't played the above, but have always wanted to.

---------------

Anyone know anything about the PSP versions of the Clancy games? I haven't played those.

Uthred

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161361013&postcount=477

Also if you look through that thread you can see the usual circus of stupid that got the game banned from discussion at GAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029061

Thanks for the link, the news that sexual suggestion isnt welcome on GAF is going to be shocking news for all those Witcher fans ;)

(Edit: Another one that popped in my head was Diablo 3. Now that I would like. Loot grinding on the go).

Diablo 3 would be great (even if the non-PC versions are starting to feel a little content poor). I think as well as looking at PS3 -> VITA transitions there might also be some mileage in the idea of "High end tablet games" -> VITA. I'd love to see something like the (supposedly) upcoming Twilight Struggle tablet version make its way to VITA

SerTapTap

One week until Amnesia: Memories is out. I wonder if Idea Factory International is going to skip review codes distribution, since I haven't heard of a single soul getting one and it's almost out.

May just be people not reviewing it. I didn't ask, myself. I'm slightly interested in how the game turns out, more interested in how well it's received, but it's not something I'd review. It's probably a hard sell to a lot of reviewers actually, but I hope it finds it's niche.

Shizuka

May just be people not reviewing it. I didn't ask, myself. I'm slightly interested in how the game turns out, more interested in how well it's received, but it's not something I'd review. It's probably a hard sell to a lot of reviewers actually, but I hope it finds it's niche.

It's automatic, isn't it? Also, I've been following the trophy list on Exophase and there isn't a single player so far.

I wonder if we'll end up getting Disney Infinity 3.0 and the new Adventure Time game on Vita.

I could definitely see Disney Infinity 3.0 happening (although, did 2.0 sell anything at all?). The studio who ported 2.0 have this on their website:

GAMES IN DEVELOPMENT

TBA
Developing multiple projects for PS4, PS Vita, PlayStation TV, Xbox One, mobile, and consumer goods (console, mobile, & handheld, 2015, 2016).

http://panicbuttongames.com/games.php

I was kinda hoping the Vita/PSTV game was something more exciting, but it makes sense for it to be Disney Infinity.

Top Bottom