• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Saphirax

Sounds need-the art style looks pretty good in that ingame shot. My PS3 will take years to decommission. Not sure how many JP games I still have to go through. Was enjoying Battle Princess of Arcadias but never finished it.

PS1 game saves you mean? Uhhhh I'm not sure about that. You can harvest them from PSP's file structure, I think the Vita's is the same for them, but I'm not sure if it encrypts them when it copies them to PC or anything. PS3 and PSP don't for sure.

Indeed! I bought the game months ago and only started playing it recently. I missed out D:.

I bought demon gaze and i like it, but i think i have found a "good for everything" combination.

Gazer: mostly slash 2
Paladin: devotion
samurai: slash 3
healer: mostly holy shield, change mp with wizard when the wizard is finishing them(the healer recharges mps), heals very very rarely
wizard: fast cast + quad bolt against boss, wizard bolt otherwise

In addition to those against bosses i obviously use some de/buffs and some attack skills that require concentration.

Everything was really easy but now i'm blocked at what i guess is the second last boss that heals more than 5k hps but what's worst is that i can only do two digits damages even when i strip its buffs.

We'll see...

I bought Akiba's trip retail at gamestop for 21 euros, i hope i'll like it!

I was tempted to buy FFX/X-2(for 30) + Tales of Heart R(for 25) + Disgaea 4(for 20) for 55 euros(3x2 for what are 4 games XD) but then i thought that the only game i could have liked was TOHR, i hate the ATB system and for some reason i don't like disgaea, better saving the money.

I don't know if i should be sad or relieved to have missed this guide, i had(and still have) many questions but going blind and finding my own strategies in the end is what makes playing fun and satisfying, especially rpgs with party.

If you keep trying, Mars is bound to go crazy and obliterate everything. If she's alive that is.

maouvin

Paladin: devotion

iirc Devotion works only for units on the same row as the Paladin, so if you want to protect the people on the back row (with the right relics that's everyone, including your melee units) you're better using Defend.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Indeed! I bought the game months ago and only started playing it recently. I missed out D:.

If you keep trying, Mars is bound to go crazy and obliterate everything. If she's alive that is.

I have almost ignored mars, for boss fights i have always preferred neptune for healing, chronos because has lots of hp and increases defense, the third one was hermes because he seemed to deal lots of damages but now i have changed for the angel-looking one because of the magic defense.

FFX is strictly turn-based, no ATB. X-2 is very ATB though.
I will think about it then :)

iirc Devotion works only for units on the same row as the Paladin, so if you want to protect the people on the back row (with the right relics that's everyone, including your melee units) you're better using Defend.
I had the impression it worked even for the back row too...

kevin1025

Banned
The Everybody's Gone to the Rapture dynamic theme really is dynamic. At first it had really cool ominous piano and vocal music, but the closer to release the sounds are getting more different. Now there's odd beeping and strange Fallout-like chatter noises in the background. Really damn cool.

Saphirax

I have almost ignored mars, for boss fights i have always preferred neptune for healing, chronos because has lots of hp and increases defense, the third one was hermes because he seemed to deal lots of damages but now i have changed for the angel-looking one because of the magic defense.

I will think about it then :)

I had the impression it worked even for the back row too...

Neptune is good yeah. I personally didn't use Chronos for endgame bosses. Was mostly Mars and Aries. I did the same as you, tried upping my defenses - buffs, items and demons. It didn't do much. At one point, I could survive just fine but couldn't deal any significant damage. Tried several tactics, in the end it always boiled to the same thing - Mars and some luck :p.

Hikami

More people need to play Tears to Tiara 2. If you have a PS3 and even the slightest of interests in visual novels and/or srpgs you owe it to yourself to play this game.
I've been interested but, still waiting for a price drop on it.

I bought TTT2 a few months ago but I'm way too scared to start it because of the time investment. There's too much stuff :x

Exactly. It's a 100+ hours game, I can finish two to three JRPGs with that much time.

And that's probably why I'll never even start it. When will I ever have time.

At least it looks good on the shelf :3

EDIT: Also it's on PS3 and that thing isn't even plugged in anymore

Shizuka

And that's probably why I'll never even start it. When will I ever have time.

At least it looks good on the shelf :3

EDIT: Also it's on PS3 and that thing isn't even plugged in anymore

Not to mention that it has a nice artbook... Not that I opened my copy to check it. With each year, I get less and less time to play games. If it was two years ago, I'd have the time for a game like TTT2. Now, I'll probably never play it.

ryseing

Loading up my new PSTV with games for a trip later this week since I don't feel like taking my PS4. Is Flame Over any good?

Hopefully Week 2 of the Summer Sale is better than this week's. Currently have Race the Sun and Geometry Wars installed (thanks PS Plus!) but I would love a meaty game to keep me occupied.

Borderlands 2 pls go on sale.

Trying to start Bloodborne for the first time, always end up playing Rocket League instead. Someone send help.

Let the hunt consume you friend.

Shizuka

After a few months, I've updated my "english subtitles physical print" Vita games not available in North America:

Japanese games:

- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Europe, Asia);
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Asia);
- Soul Sacrifice Delta (Asia);
- Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (Asia);
- New Little King's Story (Europe, Asia);
- Dokuro (Asia, Japan);
- Moe Chronicle (Asia);
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD (Asia);
- Orgarhythm (Asia, Japan);
- J-Stars Victory+ (Europe, Asia);
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Europe);
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Asia);
- Deception IV: Nightmare Princess (Asia);
- Hotline Miami: Collected Edition (Japan).

I've removed Steins;Gate and Sword Art Online: Lost Song, while adding Hotline Miami: Collected Edition.

Prelude.

After a few months, I've updated my "english subtitles physical print" Vita games not available in North America:

I've removed Steins;Gate and Sword Art Online: Lost Song, while adding Hotline Miami: Collected Edition.

You forgot Nobunaga and Deception IV NP.

Shizuka

You forgot Nobunaga and Deception IV NP.

I forgot Deception IV Nightmare Princess indeed. I'm not including Nobunaga without a confirmation of sorts, that Play-Asia listing is too weak by itself (i.e. Civilization Plus asian listing).

There are fourteen, I own eight. I wonder if I'll ever get the rest, since I already got the rare ones thanks to wil.

Ventara

I'm sure most of you are aware, but just in case, the Summon Night 5 LE pre-sale is LIVE! Here's a direct link, though you may have a hard time getting in. Just keep trying. Please support this guys. Vic went through a lot of hard work, and this is a great game.

Here's what you're getting for $42 plus shipping.
Case with multi-sided cover insert
UMD with custom art (may be different than shown)
Full-color game manual
Giant 14"x19" poster (one of two randomly inserted shown)
Full Summon Night 5 Original Soundtrack CD (OST)
North America PSN (only) digital download code, good for free download
Serial Numbered Holographic Seal

kng3025

Anyone try out that color Guardians game for ps4/vita? Just wondering if someone can chime in on how it is. I'm thinking of picking it up since it's on sale.

Anyone try out that color Guardians game for ps4/vita? Just wondering if someone can chime in on how it is. I'm thinking of picking it up since it's on sale.

It is a good phone game. Better at that price. It isn't a platformer you probably think it is.

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/05/12/color-guardians-ps4-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1iqgfTy1jA

Loading up my new PSTV with games for a trip later this week since I don't feel like taking my PS4. Is Flame Over any good?

Hated it. Get Rouge Legacy which is a good rouge-like.

Pumped for the Swindle.

RK128

I never played it but saw footage of the Vita version on YouTube.

It is like an auto-runner (as the character keeps running right) but you have to swap different colors to keep your chain going, keeping your score, and progressing through the level (as if say red touches the green color, you take damage or you slow down).

The visuals look very colorful, you have three/four islands with 6-8 levels to play through per island and the controls seem to be solid as well (you use the face buttons to switch colors).

Overall a interesting little game that should be a good buy with its sale price :). I plain to wait until it lands on Plus (as it seems like a great cross-buy game Sony can use for a PS4 or Vita slot) myself.

RK128

I finally beat a game XD! I know that is a silly thing to say, but it feels nice clearing a recent game I bought :).

Got the normal ending for ReBirth 2 (with me now trying to get the True Ending in the future) and after re-starting the game in new game plus on a new file, surprised to know that all my levels and EXE attacks carried over. Guess if I feel like re-playing the game again, I will have a much easier time fighting through battles :).

Next on the list is Tales of Hearts R and ReBirth 1 (as I am close to beating that one too), then will start the MGS Series (MGS1-3) and use the remaining space for the Plus games.

Edit: Just looked up the requirements for the different endings in ReBirth 2 and man it looks like it requires a lot of work X(; making out the Lilly Rank and getting characters into the party that I never met in the game yet (didn't even know Tekken was a playable party member in ReBirth 2....). At least I can still get the Holy Sword ending if I really wanted to get a different one....

Benedict

PS+ games are up at EU PSN store.
Some mistakes:
Flow and Flower is shown as 100% discount when I search.
Flow is the replacement title for arabic countries.

Besides Castlestorm, Zen Studios CastleStorm Super Bundle is showing up free for me. This includes two tables for Zen Pinball 2.

Storm the castle and become a pinball wizard with the Zen Studios CastleStorm Super Bundle, available now for a limited time! The bundle includes CastleStorm – Definitive Edition as well as the all-new Iron & Steel Pack for Zen Pinball 2 – which features two brand new pinball tables, Wild West Rampage and CastleStorm Pinball – all for one low price!
In-game purchases optional

This is for PS3 and Vita only but I guess you can import the tables to PS4 the usual way.

kng3025

It is a good phone game. Better at that price. It isn't a platformer you probably think it is.

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/05/12/color-guardians-ps4-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1iqgfTy1jA

Hated it. Get Rouge Legacy which is a good rouge-like.

Pumped for the Swindle.

I never played it but saw footage of the Vita version on YouTube.

It is like an auto-runner (as the character keeps running right) but you have to swap different colors to keep your chain going, keeping your score, and progressing through the level (as if say red touches the green color, you take damage or you slow down).

The visuals look very colorful, you have three/four islands with 6-8 levels to play through per island and the controls seem to be solid as well (you use the face buttons to switch colors).

Overall a interesting little game that should be a good buy with its sale price :). I plain to wait until it lands on Plus (as it seems like a great cross-buy game Sony can use for a PS4 or Vita slot) myself.

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated. I ended up getting it and so far it's pretty interesting. I'm definitely enjoying it so I'm glad I picked it up. After about an hour or so of play,it's not overly easy as I expected it to be. Controls are solid, and the visuals are quite nice. This is on the Vita btw. I enjoy the endless/auto runner platforming genre,so if anyone is also a fan,I would give this game a try.

After a few months, I've updated my "english subtitles physical print" Vita games not available in North America

You've missed a load of European stuff from this. I thought that was intentional at first and you were only listing Japanese games, but Hotline Miami is on there.

Btw, I didn't know Hotline Miami Collected Edition is in English. That's neat.

yaffi

Right now I'm trying to reset the password of my german account. So I get the email and click the link, but it leads me to the US page where I can change the password of my US account. Of course the accounts are registered to different email accounts. I'm confused.

edit: Eh, works now. Still confused.

Is PSN ok for you, guys? I'm trying to access it via web, but I receive a "site not available" after a long loading. I tried on PS3, PSN won't open. I also phoned a friend, here, and if he tries to access PSN with his PS4, he triggers an infinite loading.

Italy, here, to clarify.

Webstore works perfectly here in Germany

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Akiba's trip says that there could be ar cards in the box, but there's nothing in mine apart the game card(eu version), gamestop gonna gamestop or it's normal?

Neptune is good yeah. I personally didn't use Chronos for endgame bosses. Was mostly Mars and Aries. I did the same as you, tried upping my defenses - buffs, items and demons. It didn't do much. At one point, I could survive just fine but couldn't deal any significant damage. Tried several tactics, in the end it always boiled to the same thing - Mars and some luck :p.

Yeah, i read that mars is the only way to deal with that, i need to level up her.

VLiberty

About that JAW tease, they said they had to delay the announcement due to SCEA.
Maybe they're porting some SCE game to Vita?

About that JAW tease, they said they had to delay the announcement due to SCEA.
Maybe they're porting some SCE game to Vita?

I tweeted them about that last night, was surprised it had gotten to the evening and there was no announcement.

I suspect it's another indie port, but they do good work so I'm looking forward to whatever it is.

I'd imagine the delay is just because they're waiting to post on the PS Blog about it or something.

VLiberty

I tweeted them about that last night, was surprised it had gotten to the evening and there was no announcement.

I suspect it's another indie port, but they do good work so I'm looking forward to whatever it is.

I'd imagine the delay is just because they're waiting to post on the PS Blog about it or something.

Oh yeah the SCEA part might just be related to the blog. Well, let's wait and see.

SerTapTap

Galak Z is launching tomorrow in euroland after all. I was too late to make a video for launch day so probably tomorrow. Combat is great, procedural generation is boring but doesn't really get in the way, visual style is great but the dialog (mostly) fails to match up with the 80s anime/cartoon aesthetic

Yomawari looks better than I expected. The other one... meh

Yomawari always looked great. Can't wait. Glad NIS is still persuing cute weird stuff, not sure if Firefly Diary did well.

Shizuka

You've missed a load of European stuff from this. I thought that was intentional at first and you were only listing Japanese games, but Hotline Miami is on there.

Btw, I didn't know Hotline Miami Collected Edition is in English. That's neat.

It's written "Japanese", I mixed up Hotline Miami since it only got a retail print there. I still have my European list, but it's outdated, so I didn't post it this time.

ZeroAKA

I've been out of the loop lately, but are we expecting any new Vita games and localizations to be announced at Gamescom? I know Sony isn't doing a conference this year.

Shizuka

I've been out of the loop lately, but are we expecting any new Vita games and localizations to be announced at Gamescom? I know Sony isn't doing a conference this year.

I'm not, there isn't any publisher there that could announce one other than Bandai Namco.

Ryan95

Maybe somehing from NISA, as they didn't announce anything at Anime Expo when they were supposed to. However they could just show XSEED titles they publish here in Europe as well

Tecmo Koei might announce Escha & Logy Plus and the secret countdown title, given the english hints and being mentioned by KT western twitter accounts.

I think Bamco has announced enough for the end of 2015-beginning of 2016 so further games to be localized (like GE2 and GER) would be mentioned later next year

RK128

Bamco just delayed Ninja Storm 3 to 2016, so they must have something else to either replace it (Lost Song) or have something new to announce to make up for it. What I'm getting at is that I expect new localization news on a few Bamco titles at Gamescom (GE2: Rage Burst, GE: Resurrection, Ray Giant, ect) alongside more information on future Tales of games.

Indie developers likely have a lot of announcements coming, as a few of them will be at Gamescom and I'm sure we will get at least 2-3 more games coming to the Vita from them.

And as Ryan95 said, NISA, XSEED, and Tecmo Koei will be showing stuff off for various reasons; NISA being tight lipped since the AX, XSEED showing off a few games and Tecmo Koei having localization announcements alongside announcing that Omega Force mystery title.

The Vita has a lot coming, it just that we have to wait a bit to see them coming.

Tizoc

Get hype
6FzCH8E.png

One of my GotY contenders, a 2D Platformer with some nice platforming ideas.

Can someone make a thread about this please? This game needs more love.
Also spam the dev on twitter for Vita ver.

Top Bottom